Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture (27385 Views)

Calabar Carnival 2015: Live Update With Photos / Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Calabar Carnival 2013 [Live] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by loswhite(m): 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
@ op pls r u frm calabar ? Pls provide us wit calabar cultural dressing pic so dat next carnival dey can dress like dat. Unclad or unclothed is also associated wit African culture
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by loswhite(m): 5:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
nuorlah: How about the little children on the streets of those cities.

It is silly that a government sponsored event is this way.

It is embarrasing to say the least.
wat is embarrassing is your views . Find out more abt ur culture n u will knw dat unclad has been in our culture 4 long time.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by mdee1(m): 6:05pm On Jan 25, 2013
Lovin this topic mehn!!hilarios posts and beautiful 'african' pics

so happy am nt a gal,nud3 or nt nud3 z non of ma biz!

I must go dis year own o,i heard there were more than a thousand c0nd0ms there.who bought'em n y?anybodi shld ansa me no get time to waste 4 google o.lol
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by loswhite(m): 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
nuorlah: So because people ddnt wear clothes in d past, we shouldnt Now?

Are we supposed to b moving forward or backward?
depending on what u define as forward or backward. History they say tends to repeat itself.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by loswhite(m): 6:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
nuorlah:

Three wrongs dont make a right.

At least people can keep those to themselves. Why bring them to the piblic and to corrupt more people.

You just increased the no of pple hoping ti have a go with their neighbours, the little girls, etc by this public show of shame.

bros u dey take dis mata personal. Let those dat enjoy d carnival continue to enjoy it. I doubt if u r frm calabar so don't try to impose ur idea on them abt dress code for their carnival
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by loswhite(m): 6:36pm On Jan 25, 2013
Demdem:

we are much more exposed and enlightened now than then grin
i Thot d post was abt unclad ness not bin part of our culture dat we r copying west
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by loswhite(m): 6:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
[quote author=abdulkayus]

nt all Africans do dat b4 d white came. Here in d north, dey hav been civilised by covering their body very well even b4 d comin of d whites, dat is y d whites really respect dem wen dey came. I can only believe of such unclothness in d eastern 9ja b4 d comin of d whites.[/quote I agree wit u but calabar is not frm d north js as they respect ur covering of ur body well as ur civilized culture js respect theirs. Everybody 's culture is not d same
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by loswhite(m): 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
Demdem:

the bottom line is women/men should be banned from showcasing their blessedness in public under the guise of carnival
u can move to sharia state I promise u u will not see blessedness in public

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by loswhite(m): 7:03pm On Jan 25, 2013
black_beau: I'm an akwa Ibomite and I can boldly say that the cross riverean culture doesn't include unclothedness.this years nudity in the carnival was just a show by our nigerian girls to copy their brazillian counterparts
who ask u to identify urself
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by dayokanu(m): 7:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by omoredia: 8:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
U nairaland hypocrites just learn to mind your own business!
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by SisiKill1: 8:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
Nothing more hilarious than moral indignation from a people whose ancestors walked around nakid just half a century ago.

What even more hilarious is that the same people have grandmas and mothers in their respective villages going about their daily businesses with little more than wrappers.

They are getting all up in arms about "the western culture of nakidness" seeping into their culture while wearing clothes made by western designers.

I tell ya, Nigerians are comedians! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 25, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Nothing more hilarious than moral indignation from a people whose ancestors walked around nakid just half a century ago.

What even more hilarious is that the same people have grandmas and mothers in their respective villages going about their daily businesses with little more than wrappers.

They are getting all up in arms about "the western culture of nakidness" seeping into their culture while wearing clothes made by western designers.

I tell ya, Nigerians are comedians! cheesy
Lol... Hahaha... They are very funny but silly.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by bongila(f): 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: Calabar women are so cheap and immoral

Silly doesn't even begin to describe you and this senseless statement!

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by kurga(m): 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
Jazzgreen: A wife sends a nude photo to her husband with both legs wide open.
WIFE: I will wait like this till you come.
HUSBAND: That's okay babe, but who is the person taking the picture?
and this concerns the topic how?
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by intrepid: 8:49pm On Jan 25, 2013
texazzpete: In many Nigerian cultures, women went about even more unclad than some of these photos you're babbling about

Men went around with loincloths only, too.

Live and let live, OP.

so it should continue abi? What time of history was Achebe writing about? Make sure you quote this same B.S to your kids and sisters...Preach it to them,ok.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
intrepid: so it should continue abi? What time of history was Achebe writing about? Make sure you quote this same B.S to your kids and sisters...Preach it to them,ok.
Please, go back to the country and leave people to live their lives.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by jimjones: 9:52pm On Jan 25, 2013
filiks: At first, It was about showcasing our rich culture to the world, but I've watched it become...in the last two years especially last year!
I can't even put some of the pics on my blog: www.feelfelly..com

[img]http://3.bp..com/-zgr8Syoqm2o/UP2URlKtfaI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/MfDFwr7Wm2U/s1600/Cali.jpg[/img]

ignoramus. what do you idiats know about the culture of Cross Riverians? farkin self-serving kunt, looking for cheap publicity. this is how you intend to attract traffic to your blog?

@afam4eva: igbo culture should be promoted by the igbos. stay the fark outta Cross River! "...our culture..." my foot. do yourself a favor, go kidnap some eze or some politician's 100yr old mother. isn't it time you revived your okija shrine?

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
Do Anambra state make carnivals?I would love to partcipate....nooooo I no fit o,before them kidnap me for money rituals.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 10:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
O boy,dis photos look hot.Dis is even better than d hundrate naira igbo hookers we get 4 Minna,Calaba u too much.Next year,me and my friends are coming 2 calaba to party.Long live d morally bankrupt south of 9ja,can i hear a amen.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by REVOLUTNIS: 11:12pm On Jan 25, 2013
bongila:

Silly doesn't even begin to describe you and this senseless statement!

its obvious Calabar women ar so immoral and lack some dignity, u can say what u may i stand on my statement
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by ezeagu(m): 11:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
jim jones:

ignoramus. what do you idiats know about the culture of Cross Riverians? farkin self-serving kunt, looking for cheap publicity. this is how you intend to attract traffic to your blog?

@afam4eva: igbo culture should be promoted by the igbos. stay the fark outta Cross River! "...our culture..." my foot. do yourself a favor, go kidnap some eze or some politician's 100yr old mother. isn't it time you revived your okija shrine?

So Cross River Gorillas are given internet access now? Oga, how is the Cross River National Park treating you? I hope those Crazy Christians™ ain't gonna put a nail in your head for being a winch like they were doing a few years back in your beloved Cross River?

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by toshmann(m): 12:30am On Jan 26, 2013
REVOLUTNIS:

its obvious Calabar women ar so immoral and lack some dignity, u can say what u may i stand on my statement
Pls don't insult the efiks/ibibios. I lived in calabar and the girls I met there are no worse than the girls I see in Cincinnati or New York or London. Infact the calabar girls are better by far.

And there are millions of good girls in cross-river too. Nobody talks about them. But they are there. I know, bc I've met them cool
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Ilekokonit: 3:52am On Jan 26, 2013
Carniv ore = Flesh eater

Carniv al = Celebration of Flesh
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Nobody: 4:03am On Jan 26, 2013
I don't understand Nairaland. Language is censored but dirty pictures aren't?
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by mdee1(m): 7:22am On Jan 26, 2013
Dis öne na dirty picture 4 ur eye?im resembl d p0rnn wey dey ur ph0ne abi?na true say hypocrites b0ku 4 nairaland.mtcheeww!
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by simdam500(m): 8:31am On Jan 26, 2013
Never had any experience bout dat anyway. But it common in our movies. Smh
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by MajeOfficial: 9:55am On Jan 26, 2013
did you guys know Carnival was made to celebrate african culture?
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by Demdem(m): 10:36am On Jan 26, 2013
loswhite: u can move to sharia state I promise u u will not see blessedness in public

Perverts seems to be having their way now. Surely the end has come.
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by ezeagu(m): 12:25pm On Jan 26, 2013
The end didn't come when the most powerful powers on earth fought a deadly battle that took millions in the 1930s and 40s. The end didn't come when atom bombs were being thrown around the globe like toys. The end didn't come when empires ravaged lands across the earth taking land and people with them. The end didn't come when the human population was almost wiped out at different points over the last 200,000 years. The end isn't coming because of poverty and bad governance. No. The end has come because Nigerian women are dancing in bras and panties.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by sauceEEP(m): 12:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
@op dn't worry,i've added to ur blog traffic ok. Nice strategy, calabar carnival indeed....
Re: Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture by toshmann(m): 4:14pm On Jan 26, 2013
ezeagu: The end didn't come when the most powerful powers on earth fought a deadly battle that took millions in the 1930s and 40s. The end didn't come when atom bombs were being thrown around the globe like toys. The end didn't come when empires ravaged lands across the earth taking land and people with them. The end didn't come when the human population was almost wiped out at different points over the last 200,000 years. The end isn't coming because of poverty and bad governance. No. The end has come because Nigerian women are dancing in bras and panties.
They are not even dancing nude. May be I've been abroad too long, but where I am some ladies go to school with even less clothes on than those ladies dancing.

Anyway, I've seen the London carnival, I've seen Toronto carnival and they are HOT cheesy. My next target is Trinidad Carnival. I heard that is the capital of HoT chicks on earth wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal / Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife / Late Alfred Akawe Torkula Tomb In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.