Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,019 members, 7,953,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:46 AM

$67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate (15333 Views)

Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools / OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations / Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by omowolewa: 6:13am On Jan 29, 2013
Maku is just too intellectually unsound for such debate. wink

Maku, Okupe, Abati and even Langido cannot win this womAn in court of public opinion. You know, its easier to talk than reasoning o.

He should just face his good governance tour and forget any debate on bad governance. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by deletrue: 6:14am On Jan 29, 2013
ballabriggs: I read Labaran Maku's response to Obiageli Ezekwesili's lecture at the University of Nigeria Nsukka and I find it quite foolish and unintelligent. I majored in International Capital flows and Finance and I must confess I have never in my life read such a lame defence by anyone on a nations depleting reserves. Fact is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi and Ngozi Okonjo Iweala could never have come out to give such a foolish response. If they try it, they lose their reputation as every knowledgeable Economist would have questioned their knowledge.

So it was a case of who shall we send and it had to be no other than the low life called Labaran Maku. RIP Labaran Maku, you have no life.

In Private Jets For Jesus By Sonala Olumhense
My first question to you is that must jona offer every nigerians ministerial and other appointments? It is all about frustrations that is pulling you and the soil of Obiageli down. You think people will just be appointed just for the fun of it. You people should go and do other things to earn a living. just mention any of her achievements during her time. Lazy and empty individuals.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 29, 2013
omowolewa: Maku is just too intellectually unsound for such debate. wink

He should just face his good governance tour and forget any debate on bad governance. cheesy cheesy

You're absolutely spot on!
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by skybird: 6:25am On Jan 29, 2013
Mummy ride on.they feel everybody is like them.maku come for the debate no excuse don't forget ur fact and doc to back your case.150million 9ja are waiting.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by takedat(m): 6:33am On Jan 29, 2013
Wsdm: If a Muslim says the truth they call him boko haram , a Christian says the truth they call him anti Christ, a politician they call him opposition, a former president they call him confused man, another tribe they call him ethnic bigot and now an expert on who's eyes you squandered these unpatriotic money is talking and you think you can cover up as usual. 'Oya' fix a date for an intellectual display if you have any truth.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by lovenaija2(m): 6:35am On Jan 29, 2013
what is Ngozi iweala okonjo's response as the minister for the whole economy doing and responding to all these. If this had happened while she was at world bank she would have responded but in Nigeria she will be defensive angry and give a stupid answer when asked. For jonathan he is excused becos of mental challenge and intellectual confusion.

1 Like

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 29, 2013
tete7000: Is this not the woman that crippled unity schools during her time as education m
inister? For me the woman doesn't deserve accolades she is being given. Obasanjo govt in which she served was hardly better than the present govt and as ministers in different ministies I don't know what her legacies were.

Leave the character assassination thing alone and concentrate on what she talked about...
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by agog: 6:38am On Jan 29, 2013
Afam4eva: Soludo and Oby Ezekwesili are wicked human beings. They always challenge people that don't measure up to debates so that they will embarrass them. Maku should better apologize, so that he'll be left alone.
I like your sense of humour! grin grin grin
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 29, 2013
CHIMCO: National Assembly needs to call them to clear the Citizens they represent . Such a big observations cannot be swept under the carpet.

Which National Assembly? The one that is also neck deep in the current financial rot?

Bros leave those ones...they are worse than the Executhieves...
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Onyegecha(f): 6:45am On Jan 29, 2013
Oh, i am sooo loving this fire-brand woman. Bring it on, madam. Let Maku and his boss step into the arena if they dare.
Jisike, nwa afo.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by razznaija(f): 6:47am On Jan 29, 2013
Na wash.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 29, 2013
The EFCC should invest the claims being made by both Ezekwesili and Maku; maybe this time the culprits involved will be heavily sanctioned
*sarcasm*
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:48am On Jan 29, 2013
Ok
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by fkaz(m): 6:50am On Jan 29, 2013
Wsdm: If a Muslim says the truth they call him boko haram , a Christian says the truth they call him anti Christ, a politician they call him opposition, a former president they call him confused man, another tribe they call him ethnic bigot and now an expert on who's eyes you squandered these unpatriotic money is talking and you think you can cover up as usual. 'Oya' fix a date for an intellectual display if you have any truth.

now an expert on who's eyes you squandered these unpatriotic money is talking and you think you can cover up as usual.

But They called her a wicked stepmother for saying what she know
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by jamace(m): 7:01am On Jan 29, 2013
Maku should just hide himself o. I dont wanna witness another mother of all battles debates, the Saddam Hussein way, only for Saddam to be dug out of a tunnel, sorry bunker, like a bush rat, without firing a shot. He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by strangest(m): 7:04am On Jan 29, 2013
Has a date been fixed yet? ? ? where can I watch online grin
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Toktee(m): 7:05am On Jan 29, 2013
deletrue: My first question to you is that must jona offer every nigerians ministerial and other appointments? It is all about frustrations that is pulling you and the soil of Obiageli down. You think people will just be appointed just for the fun of it. You people should go and do other things to earn a living. just mention any of her achievements during her time. Lazy and empty individuals.
We know that iz not just 4 the fun of the job,if you thnk he know hiz job well,advice him to show up for the debate to defend hiz paymaster ok
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Otono77: 7:07am On Jan 29, 2013
Useless s%*thole of a country!
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Toktee(m): 7:10am On Jan 29, 2013
jamace: Maku should just hide himself o. I dont wanna witness another mother of all battles debates, the Saddam Hussein way, only for Saddam to be dug out of a tunnel, sorry bunker, like a bush rat, without firing a shot. He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day.
Hahahahaha! Bros dnt kill me diz morning i never chop
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 29, 2013
It remains to be seen how low the anti-GEJ cabal will sink all in attempt to discredit this govt. The FACTS available shows conclusively that Maku was right while Oby was wrong. But I understand the desperation of the HATERS, to the extent that even if the DEVIL himself criticises GEJ today, they'll be willing to side with the DEVIL just to discredit this govt.

The facts speak for itself and the truth can never be far from those who seek the truth. Out of several reports that showed the level of our foreign reserve and excess crude account as it 2007, I reproduced some below.

This first report was on August 2007:

"Interestingly recently at his screening for ministerial appointment on the floor of the National Assembly, the new Minister of Finance, Dr. Shamsudeen Usman who was then a nominee and deputy Governor of the Central Bank was alleged by a section of the media to have disclosed that only $8.8 billion (N1.1 trillion) of the reported $43.6 billion foreign exchange reserve is available to the three tiers of government.

In his comment, which was misconstrued, Dr. Usman actually said on the foreign reserve: “There is so much confusion about this. People say we have $43 billion in cash and people think that the same amount of$43.6 billion should be spent. If you break down this $43 billion, about $31 billion or 71 per cent ofthis amount belongs to the CBN…So; all the three tiers of government have shared this $31 billion and spent the money. The $31 billion of this money is not available for spending. $2.3 billion of that also belongs to the Federal Government. The only amount available in the Federation Account for distribution, which is so-called excess crude, as at this time (July 2007), is about $9.9 billion? And there are some transactions that are in the pipeline, of about a $1 billion…So net; you are talking of about $8.8 billion. That is the amount to be distributed. If you translate that amount into Naira, that is just about N1.1 trillion.

.....Assembly, the CBN later clarified the position stating that the external reserve as at LAST MONTH (June 2007) stood at $43.6bn and not the $8.8bn reported by some sectionsof the media. The Head, CorporateAffairs, Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr.Festus Odoko, said the fact that the new Minister for Finance, Dr. Shamsudeen Usman, said that only $8.8bn remained for sharing did not mean that the country’s external reserves were only $8.8bn. According to him, the $8.8bn referred to the excess crude oil account that was available for sharing.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/yushau-shuaib/riddles-over-foreign-reserve-and-excess-crude-account.html

How then did Ezekwesili arrive at $67billion as the total reserve left by OBJ?

1 Like

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by honeric01(m): 7:15am On Jan 29, 2013
Unless Maku wants to debate himself the Jonathan style.

To be staged in Aso rock

Abati as time keeper

Okupe abi na oku-igbe as moderator

Madam Patience as cheerleader.

Sincerenigerian a.k.a oniro, solomon-wannabe, Taraqa abi na talaka?, e-billionaire as bouncers.

Oya madam Oby, if you know your salt, come and debate in this settings grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by andyanders: 7:16am On Jan 29, 2013
Maku, you think you are smart. Come to Public Debate and see how your anus will be exposed. Pen thieves.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by thaoriginator: 7:23am On Jan 29, 2013
berem: So because they are intelligent makes them wicked? na their fault say dem sabi book?
no mind them jonathanians dem prefer and olodo like dem so they can continue their incessant squandering. Oya make maku come out and talk in public all we ask for is transparency. Abi e too much?
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by ocelot2006(m): 7:43am On Jan 29, 2013
Maku erred on this one. Why the personal attacks when he should have addressed the allegation leveled against the govt?

1 Like

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Latnok95(m): 7:49am On Jan 29, 2013
Just A Sentence: I have a feeling that the president nigerians need right now is a woman!
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 29, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]maku wan follow world. bank president do debate. she go use ur n.ansh clean ground. sadmaku wan follow world. bank president do debate. she go use ur n.ansh clean ground.

1 Like

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by solomon111(m): 7:51am On Jan 29, 2013
Obiageli should have been smart enough to know the right person to debate her.
If she is so eager to debate,then she should call out okonjo iweala,the finance minister,not labaran maku who is just the minister of information.
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by solomon111(m): 7:53am On Jan 29, 2013
ocelot2006: Maku erred on this one. Why the personal attacks when he should have addressed the allegation leveled against the govt?
yes,maku erred on the personal attacks,but oby ezekwesili should debate the minister of finance,not labaran maku who is just a loud-speaker for the govt.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Opali(m): 7:55am On Jan 29, 2013
frodobee: Is it too much to ask for?
I think this is medicine after death,there is no need to ask again because so many waters has passed under the bridge.........my opinion.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by banki(m): 8:07am On Jan 29, 2013
tete7000: And if I may ask: How many debates did her own govt honoured? Pot calling kettle black. Hypocrites.

go back to school and learn how to speak or write English properly.......
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by banki(m): 8:14am On Jan 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: It remains to be seen how low the anti-GEJ cabal will sink all in attempt to discredit this govt. The FACTS available shows conclusively that Maku was right while Oby was wrong. But I understand the desperation of the HATERS, to the extent that even if the DEVIL himself criticises GEJ today, they'll be willing to side with the DEVIL just to discredit this govt.

The facts speak for itself and the truth can never be far from those who seek the truth. Out of several reports that showed the level of our foreign reserve and excess crude account as it 2007, I reproduced some below.

This first report was on August 2007:

"Interestingly recently at his screening for ministerial appointment on the floor of the National Assembly, the new Minister of Finance, Dr. Shamsudeen Usman who was then a nominee and deputy Governor of the Central Bank was alleged by a section of the media to have disclosed that only $8.8 billion (N1.1 trillion) of the reported $43.6 billion foreign exchange reserve is available to the three tiers of government.

In his comment, which was misconstrued, Dr. Usman actually said on the foreign reserve: “There is so much confusion about this. People say we have $43 billion in cash and people think that the same amount of$43.6 billion should be spent. If you break down this $43 billion, about $31 billion or 71 per cent ofthis amount belongs to the CBN…So; all the three tiers of government have shared this $31 billion and spent the money. The $31 billion of this money is not available for spending. $2.3 billion of that also belongs to the Federal Government. The only amount available in the Federation Account for distribution, which is so-called excess crude, as at this time (July 2007), is about $9.9 billion? And there are some transactions that are in the pipeline, of about a $1 billion…So net; you are talking of about $8.8 billion. That is the amount to be distributed. If you translate that amount into Naira, that is just about N1.1 trillion.

.....Assembly, the CBN later clarified the position stating that the external reserve as at LAST MONTH (June 2007) stood at $43.6bn and not the $8.8bn reported by some sectionsof the media. The Head, CorporateAffairs, Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr.Festus Odoko, said the fact that the new Minister for Finance, Dr. Shamsudeen Usman, said that only $8.8bn remained for sharing did not mean that the country’s external reserves were only $8.8bn. According to him, the $8.8bn referred to the excess crude oil account that was available for sharing.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/yushau-shuaib/riddles-over-foreign-reserve-and-excess-crude-account.html

How then did Ezekwesili arrive at $67billion as the total reserve left by OBJ?

so there is a anti GEJ cabal? i didnt know so once you disagree with the federal governments policies actions or inactions you are labelled anti jonathan, you guys are truly funny.

I think its time to stop and think and tell yourselves the truth something is wrong with the leadership of this country led by DR jonathan and the PDP, and only less talk and more action would silence your critics, tell your principle to lead by example

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Grazing Bill: Anambra Assembly Backs Out / I Will Run For Ekiti Governorship In 2018 – Segun Oni / 47 Ex-governors, 10 Ex-ministers, Others Fingered In N2trillion Corruption Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.