Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

$67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate (15218 Views)

Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools / OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations / Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by vitality22(m): 9:30am On Jan 29, 2013
But on a more serious note, i expect the Senate and the house of reps to investigate if there is any need for the debate been called for by Oby Ezekwesili. Imagine the news:
'SENATE TO INVESTIGATE THE NEED FOR A DEBATE BETWEEN LABARAN MAKU AND OBY EZEKWESILI'
This country is indeed a failed state.

1 Like

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by miiraaj: 9:34am On Jan 29, 2013
love naija: what is Ngozi iweala okonjo's response as the minister for the whole economy doing and responding to all these. If this had happened while she was at world bank she would have responded but in Nigeria she will be defensive angry and give a stupid answer when asked. For jonathan he is excused becos of mental challenge and intellectual confusion.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
This thread is for Maku. Abeg give Oga Jona a break.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by manny4life(m): 9:35am On Jan 29, 2013
Let us continue to speak all them big English, after all said and done, Madam Oby will retire back and case close. The destiny of the entity called Nigeria is in the hands of you and I, how we choose to wield it, that's entirely up to us.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by egift(m): 9:37am On Jan 29, 2013
Labaran Maku should bring his adulterated figures for cleansing
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by miiraaj: 9:42am On Jan 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: It remains to be seen how low the anti-GEJ cabal will sink all in attempt to discredit this govt. The FACTS available shows conclusively that Maku was right while Oby was wrong. But I understand the desperation of the HATERS, to the extent that even if the DEVIL himself criticises GEJ today, they'll be willing to side with the DEVIL just to discredit this govt.

Wsdm: If a Muslim says the truth they call him boko haram , a Christian says the truth they call him anti Christ, a politician they call him opposition, a former president they call him confused man, another tribe they call him ethnic bigot and now an expert on who's eyes you squandered these unpatriotic money is talking and you think you can cover up as usual. 'Oya' fix a date for an intellectual display if you have any truth
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 29, 2013
tete7000: And if I may ask: How many debates did her own govt honoured? Pot calling kettle black. Hypocrites.

^^^
The rant of an infantile mind.

2 Likes

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 29, 2013
Dee60:

Those two people you mentioned will not debate against Oby because they believe and agree that Oby is saying the truth.

Even Sanusi discredits the government he is working for. I wonder why he is still there. He likes salary too much.

He is the one who said the Senators and House of Rep members spend 25% of of our budget which he later said is 25% of budget overhead costs. He is the one that also called on the federal govt to reduce recurrent expenditure by sacking 50% of the nation's civil service.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 29, 2013
222Martins:
Oby never challenged Maku, she challenged Jonathan's team; Ngozi Okonjo Iweala included. So anybody can take up the challenge. If Ngozi thinks she's up to the task, then she can stand for the federal government.

You are damn right.

Maku is small time player, a featherweight with limited punching power, who with time would be forgiven for ignoring this riposte from Madam "due process".

In the interest of probity, however, the combined duo of Sanusi and NOI will do well to take up what is best described as a pugilistic challenge, for the benefit of the long suffering Nigerian public - if nothing else.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Toktee(m): 10:02am On Jan 29, 2013
When iz the debate going to take place and where,whosover use a stainles plate as a cooking pot should be ready to bring it down from the fire,make the talkertive should come and defend himself or ever remain silence
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by conyema12(m): 10:09am On Jan 29, 2013
By now the FG will be digging deep into the 10months tenure of Oby Ezekwesili as the Education minister, that is only what they know how to do....
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 29, 2013
conyema12: By now the FG will be digging deep into the 10months tenure of Oby Ezekwesili as the Education minister, that is only what they know how to do....

Your post did not come a moment too soon - see https://www.nairaland.com/1178400/how-ezekwesili-used-education-funds
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by ABJay1: 10:25am On Jan 29, 2013
Afam4eva: Soludo and Oby Ezekwesili are wicked human beings. They always challenge people that don't measure up to debates so that they will embarrass them. Maku should better apologize, so that he'll be left alone.

If they don't measure up, it just means they are not fit to be in government in the first place.

How can DUMB people rule over intelligent people.

Maku should as a matter of urgency resign his appointment. His credibility and competence or rather INCOMPETENCE Lack of CREDIBILITY has been exposed.
angry angry angry
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by ABJay1: 10:28am On Jan 29, 2013
Afam4eva: Soludo and Oby Ezekwesili are wicked human beings. They always challenge people that don't measure up to debates so that they will embarrass them. Maku should better apologize, so that he'll be left alone.

If they don't measure up, it just means they are not fit to be in government in the first place.

How can D.U.M.B people rule over intelligent people.

Maku should as a matter of urgency resign his appointment. His credibility and competence or rather INCOMPETENCE Lack of CREDIBILITY has been exposed.
angry angry angry
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by 2bosun: 10:31am On Jan 29, 2013
OAM4J:

I will give you a pointer: She was nicknamed Madam Due-Process while in office. Found out why and you will have answers to your questions.

If Jonathan had been blessed with another person like her in budget department, the billions of Naira lost to subsidy fraud most likely wouldn't have happened.

Since when did a nick-name become an achievement?? She was minister of mines and steel and of education for a very long time and I've tried to look for 1 single tangible achievement- I can't seem to find one.

Thing is, when you're out of office it's always easy to see things you could have changed and to criticise succesors.. she had a chance, but blew it. Her post at the world bank never led to any tangible achievement in her village talk less of in Nigeria, she needs to be quiet. embarassed

Dora, we know; Ngozi, we know.. Oby... who??

1 Like

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 29, 2013
2bosun:

Since when did a nick-name become an achievement?? She was minister of mines and steel and of education for a very long time and I've tried to look for 1 single tangible achievement- I can't seem to find one.

Thing is, when you're out of office it's always easy to see things you could have changed and to criticise succesors.. she had a chance, but blew it. Her post at the world bank never led to any tangible achievement in her village talk less of in Nigeria, she needs to be quiet. embarassed

Dora, we know; Ngozi, we know.. Oby... who??

Do not obfuscate the issue at hand by attempting an assassination of the personality involved. Indulging in that past-time is redundant as it does little to advance the debate about current realities. Her poser could just as well have come from any Nigerian on the street - and you know it - so deal with the substantive points raised instead!

1 Like

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Countryman93: 10:43am On Jan 29, 2013
Theres urgent need for a common sense vaccination for we nigerians to begin to fish out the conspiracy theories in our politics . Theres a saying that to whom a brain is given sense is expected. I know that after reading the things i will drop here, thousands of folks will kill me with different labels. No wahala that is the cross of good conscience and right judgement away from general public feelings and ill conceived perception.

Mallam Elrufai deceived madam skin punk Ezekwesili to enter an ill fated accountability battle with the FG with promise of VP Slot come 2015 insha allah.Now she's locked in a battle that will gradually become her undoing. The same Elrufai that confiscated lands and even allocated some to his friend in deceit (skin punk oby) with which she gave her so called pastor husband to erect a monumental church in Abuja.

But after the storm settles about her fictitious rantling, the question remains; what happened to the huge education funds she collected within 7 months? (not to mention the funds she collected in Solid minerals Ministry)

let the acclaimed madam due process set herself as example by accounting to Nigerians first. let me mention that truly she"s one of the few folks that have made us proud but she has soiled her reputation by becoming a politician. She has joined Soludo in ignominy. As for Elrufai, he is locked in a deadly battle with the Holy Spirit in an attempt to defend his purported running mate come 2015 insha allah from allegation of misappropriation of huge education funds in 7 months.

I hate it when folks begin to run their mouth as soon as they vacate office and are not recalled. No Nigerian is indispensable no matter ur proffessorial majesty. Oby Ezekwesili and her ilk pride themselves as indispensable and the only knowledgable people with the magic wand to change Nigeria. And even more annoying is that they wear a fake garment of religious piety after contributing to our problems. the Onus is on nigerians to shine their eyes to all this ongoing deceit of the public for fame and power.

how many times did she engage in debate when she was minister? she should not worry when Maku leaves office she should come for debate then she will receive the rudest shock of her life that she's been overrating her self.

Elrufai has been caught in his web of evil hatred and deceit. Tribute to the dying Elrufai hausa fulani dynasty; FROM DIVIDE AND RULE to DECEIVE AND RULE? no way. not this time and age my people. This is not about GEJ its about rescuing the people from Men and women of Evil venom in beautiful disguise. Nigeria must and will be freed in the midst of fake apostles of change and accountability. Nonsense!
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by taharqa: 10:44am On Jan 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

The facts speak for itself and the truth can never be far from those who seek the truth. Out of several reports that showed the level of our foreign reserve and excess crude account as it 2007, I reproduced some below.

This first report was on August 2007:

"Interestingly recently at his screening for ministerial appointment on the floor of the National Assembly, the new Minister of Finance, Dr. Shamsudeen Usman who was then a nominee and deputy Governor of the Central Bank was alleged by a section of the media to have disclosed that only $8.8 billion (N1.1 trillion) of the reported $43.6 billion foreign exchange reserve is available to the three tiers of government.

In his comment, which was misconstrued, Dr. Usman actually said on the foreign reserve: “There is so much confusion about this. People say we have $43 billion in cash and people think that the same amount of$43.6 billion should be spent. If you break down this $43 billion, about $31 billion or 71 per cent ofthis amount belongs to the CBN…So; all the three tiers of government have shared this $31 billion and spent the money. The $31 billion of this money is not available for spending. $2.3 billion of that also belongs to the Federal Government. The only amount available in the Federation Account for distribution, which is so-called excess crude, as at this time (July 2007), is about $9.9 billion? And there are some transactions that are in the pipeline, of about a $1 billion…So net; you are talking of about $8.8 billion. That is the amount to be distributed. If you translate that amount into Naira, that is just about N1.1 trillion.

.....Assembly, the CBN later clarified the position stating that the external reserve as at LAST MONTH (June 2007) stood at $43.6bn and not the $8.8bn reported by some sectionsof the media. The Head, CorporateAffairs, Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr.Festus Odoko, said the fact that the new Minister for Finance, Dr. Shamsudeen Usman, said that only $8.8bn remained for sharing did not mean that the country’s external reserves were only $8.8bn. According to him, the $8.8bn referred to the excess crude oil account that was available for sharing.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/yushau-shuaib/riddles-over-foreign-reserve-and-excess-crude-account.html

How then did Ezekwesili arrive at $67billion as the total reserve left by OBJ?
So the External Reserves and the Excess Crude Fund as at July 2007 when OBJ just left was $43.6billion and $8.8billion respectively WHILST TODAY dat same Reserve is almost $46billion and Excess Fund almost $10billion (plus, $1billion already in d SWF making a total of almost $11billion). Yet smone comes and REPORTS that smone else said the Reserves ('$67billion') has bn 'squandered' and the emptied. The 1st questn that a normal rational human being should ask is :Which of the two periods' Reserves are higher? Which one wud logically be said to hv bn 'squandered or emptied' from looking at d two figures from d two periods?? But then again this is today's Nigeria with a lot of people suffering from a Severe shain of d newly discovered ALUU disease. A country where any 'foool' can mk even d sillliest accusatns against a rival in a position of Authority (whether in govt, private offices etc ) regardless of hw irrational it is and easily get people to line up behind d him/her as long as he mentions d Buzz word CORRUPTION even once. It is d same country where a Young Chap who hv bn wooing a Fine Gurl in his neighbourhood for months, and when it seems tins are beginning to shape up, suddenly anoda Fine Boy comes to the scene and d fine gurl starts falling for him; Mr Young Chap then plots, brings dis new Fine Boy to the centre of d street, picks a fight and while they are at it suddenly turns around and shouts: THIEF, THIEF, THIEF. Immediately, d entire streets empties as men, women, even children and passers-by brings anything they can lay dier hands on, including petrol and a tire of course; beats Fine Boy up (now, d 'THIEF') and burns him there at d middle of d street, no questn askd..... Oh! the Myth dat Nigerians are Intelligent, Proud and hv a mind of their own. Already, 2 persons on dis thread hv already vowd to vote for the bold lady who was said to hv made dis allegatn and DRAMATICALLY askd for a Debate!!! Go figure...

1 Like

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by ABJay1: 10:50am On Jan 29, 2013
ballabriggs:

Mr man quit stalking me. I studied Development Economics and Finance and I qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2007 majoring in Finance and Taxation.

grin grin
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Countryman93: 10:52am On Jan 29, 2013
Theres urgent need for a common sense vaccination for we nigerians to begin to fish out the conspiracy theories in our politics . Theres a saying that to whom a brain is given sense is expected. I know that after reading the things i will drop here, thousands of folks will kill me with different labels. No wahala that is the cross of good conscience and right judgement away from general public feelings and ill conceived perception.

Mallam Elrufai deceived madam skin punk Ezekwesili to enter an ill fated accountability battle with the FG with promise of VP Slot come 2015 insha allah.Now she's locked in a battle that will gradually become her undoing. The same Elrufai that confiscated lands and even allocated some to his friend in deceit (skin punk oby) with which she gave her so called pastor husband to erect a monumental church in Abuja.

But after the storm settles about her fictitious rantling, the question remains; what happened to the huge education funds she collected within 7 months? (not to mention the funds she collected in Solid minerals Ministry)

let the acclaimed madam due process set herself as example by accounting to Nigerians first. let me mention that truly she"s one of the few folks that have made us proud but she has soiled her reputation by becoming a politician. She has joined Soludo in ignominy. As for Elrufai, he is locked in a deadly battle with the Holy Spirit in an attempt to defend his purported running mate come 2015 insha allah from allegation of misappropriation of huge education funds in 7 months.

I hate it when folks begin to run their mouth as soon as they vacate office and are not recalled. No Nigerian is indispensable no matter ur proffessorial majesty. Oby Ezekwesili and her ilk pride themselves as indispensable and the only knowledgable people with the magic wand to change Nigeria. And even more annoying is that they wear a fake garment of religious piety after contributing to our problems. the Onus is on nigerians to shine their eyes to all this ongoing deceit of the public for fame and power.

how many times did she engage in debate when she was minister? she should not worry when Maku leaves office she should come for debate then she will receive the rudest shock of her life that she's been overrating her self.

Elrufai has been caught in his web of evil hatred and deceit. Tribute to the dying Elrufai hausa fulani dynasty; FROM DIVIDE AND RULE to DECEIVE AND RULE? no way. not this time and age my people. This is not about GEJ its about rescuing the people from Men and women of Evil venom in beautiful disguise. Nigeria must and will be freed in the midst of fake apostles of change and accountability. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by ABJay1: 10:55am On Jan 29, 2013
Prof Corruption: [img]http://img.modernghana.com/thumb.aspx?img=XGltYWdlc1xjb250ZW50XHRoZWxvbmVkZWJhdGVyLmpwZ3w3NTB8MS8yOS8yMDEz[/img]

Hahahahahaaaaaa..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD...

Bro. Solo on a solo debate,,,
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 29, 2013
I doubt he would agree.
But its not too much to ask now!
undecided
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by banki(m): 11:48am On Jan 29, 2013
[quote author=bankoleben][/quote]
imagine maku talking about her stint as minister of education, lets all dig up Makus past as deputy governor of nassarawa state, where th succeded in doing absoululty nothing where himself and abdulahi adamu succeded in buying up all the assets of the state and turning the state into a perpetual debt burdended state,

We know that under his watch as deputy governor nassarawa took a couple of millions of dollars as loan from the world bank, till today the loan is being paid back without any visible work done,
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by 5much(m): 12:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
i dont think the government officials wl agree to a debate
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by citizenisb: 12:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
The average IQ OF NIGERIANS IS BELOW 70, that means the average Nigerian is mentally retarded.

Since OBJ left have we not being selling crude at twice the production capacity of OBJ ERA with no significant drop in price yet people are bringing comparative values to insinuate the money is still there.

It is because of the well known fact that Nigerians are fools that made that Director and the Corrupt Judge not fear giving a 750,000 Naira fine for a theft of 23 Billion Naira and for him to return a meager 5 Billion Naira ( people are shot for lesser offences than that in CHINA TODAY ).

ADMIT THAT WE ARE MORALLY DOOMED BUT WE WILL CONTINUE TO GROW ECONOMICALLY SOLELY DUE TO POPULATION DYNAMICS and the residual oil wealth that seeps from the obese bellies of our Bourgeois.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by tmd01: 12:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
The battle line has been drawn Maku, you gotta man-up and take the challenge. More of this Oby

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by muktarmtt(m): 3:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
Hahahaha Lol wan kill me o! Men u r funny make apologise abi?
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Reference(m): 3:21pm On Jan 29, 2013
okpara ugo:

Even Sanusi discredits the government he is working for. I wonder why he is still there. He likes salary too much.

He is the one who said the Senators and House of Rep members spend 25% of of our budget which he later said is 25% of budget overhead costs. He is the one that also called on the federal govt to reduce recurrent expenditure by sacking 50% of the nation's civil service.

Pally, he's right on the last point.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by muktarmtt(m): 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
2bosun: This is getting childish. Please can anyone name one significant achievement our Madam completed while in office?? undecided

It's always easy to criticise successors while you're out of office.. same goes to you OBJ!
Only sanusi lamido criticise d gov while he is still serving I lyk his sprit
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by joshneku: 3:29pm On Jan 29, 2013
[quote author=fkaz]N10.6trn controversy: Ezekwesili challenges Maku to public debate

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/67-billion-controversy-ezekwesili-challenges-maku-to-public-debate/

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/ezekwesili-reiterates-challenge-federal-government Madam Due Process is known and respected for her integrity. Labaran Maku should look well b4 casting a stone.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by econome(m): 6:57am On Jan 30, 2013
This Country is financially interesting grin
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by obi2012: 1:48pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nigerian government is definitely not transparent.. So much looting going on, the day they want to prove their innocence, they should allow a foreign company to audit their accounts and make the findings public.. Or accept a public debate and speak on such issues..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola Accuses FG Of Diverting SURE-P Money / Okoi Obono-Obla Names Those Behind Cultism In Cross River - See Why / 2023: Parties, Groups May Merge To ‘battle’ APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.