Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

$67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate (15211 Views)

Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools / OBJ's Letter: Al-Mustapha Challenges Obasanjo To Public Debate Over Allegations / Oil Marketers Paid Labaru Maku To Protest Fuel Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 29, 2013
Echoes of hard times for the minister.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 29, 2013
frodobee: Is it too much to ask for?

Wicked Nigerian government officials that will not pay contractors. I dont know what this nation does with oil money and all the huge budgetary allocations...

Can you imagine that the contractor handling the Enugu - Portharcourt expressway under FERMA has not received a dime from government ? Yet the job is 60% concluded.

I even heard on radio that it was the coordinating minister of the economy that prevailed on the president to release funds for the fixing of the south east roads late last year yet the contractor hasnt seen N1...

Where are we heading to under this governement? A contractor has been owing me for materials supply since May 2011 and since then no release of funds to him till date... He is handling a 70% completed job yet he has received only 25% mobilization. Nah thesame federal government. Federal govt is competing with the state governors over who wins the coverted price of most corrupt government.

Ezekwesili is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 29, 2013
frodobee: Is it too much to ask for?

Wicked Nigerian government officials that will not pay contractors. I dont know what this nation does with oil money and all the huge budgetary allocations...

Can you imagine that the contractor handling the Enugu - Portharcourt expressway under FERMA has not received a dime from government ? Yet the job is 60% concluded.

I even heard on radio that it was the coordinating minister of the economy that prevailed on the president to release funds for the fixing of the south east roads late last year yet the contractor hasnt seen N1...

Where are we heading to under this governement? A contractor has been owing me for materials supply since May 2011 and since then no release of funds to him till date... He is handling a 70% completed job yet he has received only 25% mobilization. Nah thesame federal government. Federal govt is competing with the state governors over who wins the coverted price of most corrupt government.

Ezekwesili is right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 29, 2013
Afam4eva: Soludo and Oby Ezekwesili are wicked human beings. They always challenge people that don't measure up to debates so that they will embarrass them. Maku should better apologize, so that he'll be left alone.

Is it a crime to be intelligent

I don laugh tire. Hehehe.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by slimfit1(m): 8:27am On Jan 29, 2013
Finally igbo people come out with a credible candidate for 2015 election. She has my vote already but how come igbo people have too much useless men as leaders ?
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 29, 2013
Prof Corruption: I laughed really hard. Jonathan can only debate himself.

Why are you insulting Jonathan? Is he the one that utilizes funds released under the budget

Remember that the write up says Yaradua and Jonathan government.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by akin101: 8:31am On Jan 29, 2013
IF ONLY OUR GROUP OF CREDIBLE NIGERIANS COULD WAGE A MEDIA WAR AGAINST THE GOVT.

I mean if at least 15 to 30 respected nigerians go on public platforms and demand public scrutiny into just one aspect of governance, you will see how quick things will change!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 29, 2013
CFCfan:

Haha. Labaran Maku don enter one chance for this thread. grin
It'll be better if he debates T.A. orji, the guy that is comparable to Mandela. grin grin
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by toluleke(m): 8:33am On Jan 29, 2013
wat do you except from NIGERIA GOT IDIOTs
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 29, 2013
CFCfan:

Haha. Labaran Maku don enter one chance for this thread. grin
It'll be better if he debates T.A. orji, the guy that is comparable to Mandela. grin grin

Una don come again oooo... Leave T.A. Orji alone. The good governance team led by the Minister of Information just concluded a tour of developmental projects in Abia and they concluded that Abia state is being under reported by the media.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by jmaine: 8:44am On Jan 29, 2013
banki:

so there is a anti GEJ cabal? i didnt know so once you disagree with the federal governments policies actions or inactions you are labelled anti jonathan, you guys are truly funny.

I think its time to stop and think and tell yourselves the truth something is wrong with the leadership of this country led by DR jonathan and the PDP, and only less talk and more action would silence your critics, tell your principle to lead by example

All said and done Sincer9gerian core issue you quoted wasn't addressed...

Was Oby Ezekwesili correct in all her assertions. . . Sentiments aside....
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Demdem(m): 8:47am On Jan 29, 2013
solomon111: Obiageli should have been smart enough to know the right person to debate her.
If she is so eager to debate,then she should call out okonjo iweala,the finance minister,not labaran maku who is just the minister of information.
Nonsense.

The same liar okonjo who under her paid billions to subsidy thieves. Av u wondered why as regards this issue so far, okonjo has kept mute
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by ocelot2006(m): 8:49am On Jan 29, 2013
solomon111: yes,maku erred on the personal attacks,but oby ezekwesili should debate the minister of finance,not labaran maku who is just a loud-speaker for the govt.

True. Okonjo is tge right person to address those allegations. Anyway, Dr. Ezekwesili's call for accountability and transparency is the right call.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Demdem(m): 8:51am On Jan 29, 2013
okpara ugo:

Why are you insulting Jonathan? Is he the one that utilizes funds released under the budget

Remember that the write up says Yaradua and Jonathan government.

Who appoints and has the power to fire those that utilizes funds released under the budget? Are u sure y still want ur money paid? Abegii place blame appropriately.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by jadakiss213(m): 8:52am On Jan 29, 2013
fkaz:

now an expert on who's eyes you squandered these unpatriotic money is talking and you think you can cover up as usual.

But They called her a wicked stepmother for saying what she know
what do u mean by 'unpatriotic money'
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by miiraaj: 8:52am On Jan 29, 2013
Geomac:

Maku will not honour such intellectual debate. He is known for telling lies and Madam Oby will disgrace him.

Maku will hire Sanusi and Mummy Ngozi to do d debate for him grin
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Dee60: 8:52am On Jan 29, 2013
President Jonatahn, Okupe, Abati should join Maku to face her. It will be the case of David flooring the bear, the lion and the Goliath! Jonathan's administration has been grossly wasteful. Only Okonjo-Iweala is doing all she could to pull the breaks. You can imagine Dieziani protesting to the President to have more subsidies paid out when it was obvious a good part of the marketers had no claims and should in fact be refunding to the government. You can imagine NNPC under tthis administration going for billions of dollars in loans to pay marketers just because Okonjo would not release until subsidies are verified. GEJ should just be careful that his aides dont push him to political oblivion.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Dee60: 8:56am On Jan 29, 2013
akin101: IF ONLY OUR GROUP OF CREDIBLE NIGERIANS COULD WAGE A MEDIA WAR AGAINST THE GOVT.

I mean if at least 15 to 30 respected nigerians go on public platforms and demand public scrutiny into just one aspect of governance, you will see how quick things will change!!!!!

You are very correct. But journalism has changed a lot. In those days, media houses were shut down for saying the truth. Now, they are paid for telling lies and dropping names!
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by bankoleben(m): 8:56am On Jan 29, 2013
Eziachi: Over to you Maku. This is not a play ground bullying tactic of calling name to deflect the real issues front the front burner.
Since you believe that Mrs Ezekwesili should be judged by her ten months stay in the education ministry,but everyday you kept reminding us that 3 years of your boss at the helm is too little to measure anything.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 29, 2013
hercules07:

That Iweala na snake, the same thing that happened to Soludo is happening to her.

How can you tag Nigeria's best intellectuals as snakes Kindly explain your comment.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by wwwkaycom(m): 8:57am On Jan 29, 2013
Labaran Maku? what do you expect from a chronic radio reporter/politician. He is challenging Aunty Oby without facts and figures, Oga Maku doesnt know what he is talking about. Even the Ribadus of this world cannot fault our dear Madam Due Process not to talk of the spokes person of a stincking and sinking Jona's administration. Instead of you to look for ways of begging Oby to stop talking you are here making outlandish accusation against a woman who was difficult to be pinned down by the hawks in the OBJ's administration. Mr Maku, Aunty Oby said the obvious, your Oga is too weak to fight corruption, too shoeless to stand his ground and too clueless to solve our problems, ire o!
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Dee60: 9:02am On Jan 29, 2013
miiraaj:

Maku will hire Sanusi and Mummy Ngozi to do d debate for him grin

Those two people you mentioned will not debate against Oby because they believe and agree that Oby is saying the truth.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by desire2012: 9:02am On Jan 29, 2013
ballabriggs: I read Labaran Maku's response to Obiageli Ezekwesili's lecture at the University of Nigeria Nsukka and I find it quite foolish and unintelligent. I majored in International Capital flows and Finance and I must confess I have never in my life read such a lame defence by anyone on a nations depleting reserves. Fact is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi and Ngozi Okonjo Iweala could never have come out to give such a foolish response. If they try it, they lose their reputation as every knowledgeable Economist would have questioned their knowledge.

So it was a case of who shall we send and it had to be no other than the low life called Labaran Maku. RIP Labaran Maku, you have no life.

In Private Jets For Jesus By Sonala Olumhense
What do you mean by sanusi lamido ,Ngozi will loose their reputation? do they still have one after their apparent cover-up of the subsidy scam.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by jadakiss213(m): 9:02am On Jan 29, 2013
Demdem:

The same liar okonjo who under her paid billions to subsidy thieves. Av u wondered why as regards this issue so far, okonjo has kept mute
yea right.but wasnt this same Oby part of the Government that squandered billions of dollars on power projects that achieved little or nothing
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 29, 2013
Afam4eva: Soludo and Oby Ezekwesili are wicked human beings. They always challenge people that don't measure up to debates so that they will embarrass them. Maku should better apologize, so that he'll be left alone.

Since you became a Mod , Your brain has been sold to Seun cooking pot, Your write-ups and replies are really wacky, dude are you now a Yoruba man NNa owu Iberibe na eme gi?
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 29, 2013
Onyegecha: Oh, i am sooo loving this fire-brand woman. Bring it on, madam. Let Maku and his boss step into the arena if they dare.
Jisike, nwa afo.

Ebi like say you like fight tinz. No give your husband red eye oo.
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Demdem(m): 9:06am On Jan 29, 2013
jadakiss213: yea right.but wasnt this same Oby part of the Government that squandered billions of dollars on power projects that achieved little or nothing

Don't be deceived by what elumelu told u. Much of those funds were used in building new power plants which retardeen is trying real hard to attribute to himself.

1 Like

Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 29, 2013
jadakiss213: yea right.but wasnt this same Oby part of the Government that s[b]quandered billions of dollars on power projects[/b] that achieved little or nothing

What do you mean, She is in Education sector and still part of power project dude reason b4 typing, its is every person to his or her portfolio, we all know Education section is badly funded and was made worst by OBJ
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by jonili(m): 9:10am On Jan 29, 2013
Maku is a punk ass
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by kompolon(m): 9:11am On Jan 29, 2013
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by miiraaj: 9:12am On Jan 29, 2013
baaleojo: The trio of Labara Maku, Doyin Okupe and Reuben Abati can not withstand Ezekwesili. it shows the caliber of people that are piloting this government. one step forward thee steps backward.

Labara Maku, Doyin Okupe and Reuben Abati. THE THREE MUSKETEERS grin
Re: $67B Reserves: Ezekwesili Challenges Maku To Public Debate by tantita(m): 9:20am On Jan 29, 2013
Maku b4 u agree 2 anytin remember a gud name is better thn many riches..decline such invitation n keep ur gud name while u still cn otherwise by d time dis woman gts tru wit u ur name wil forevr b inextricably linked wit duh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Parties, Groups May Merge To ‘battle’ APC / Okoi Obono-Obla Names Those Behind Cultism In Cross River - See Why / Senator Folabi Fasanmi Dies At 94

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.