Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Why Marry Early? I Would! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Marry Early? I Would! (1626 Views)

Why Nigerian Men Don’t Marry Early / . / Why Do Rich Athletes Marry Early ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 1:26pm On Jan 30, 2013
I am gonna be 26 this year, male and (shocked?) would really want to get married. Why is it shocking to most people when I say this? Things like 'enjoy ur life first', 'continue school till PhD''Get job or make money first''build house and buy car first' usually come up. I am gonna say it, even though I could do all those, I couldn't when my passion is naught. I found that I needed the joy of companionship.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 1:32pm On Jan 30, 2013
It was either I enjoy it and achieve with love and passion or I sell my soul into conquering the world. I chose to rather channel what I feel into building a home. Unfortunately, even girls I met and told them my truest feelings tend to snob me. I have never felt so right yet so wrong.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 1:45pm On Jan 30, 2013
And I had my reasons, too. Somehow, I just couldn't express all I knew. I surfed online and came accross this article:
freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2964912/posts

Everything I wanted to say but couldn't is there. Well, I felt inspired to do one more thing; to move it to a forum. And yes, I believe there is a girl who might feel this way and may want to find a guy like me. So, am going to tell ya how to contact me in the next thread.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by BlackPeni5: 1:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
GuY! go look for money and stop all this love talk...Can you buy an iPhone for her plus weekly recharge card? why she no go snub u?

2 Likes

Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 1:54pm On Jan 30, 2013
facebook: Cj Mk
no: 07066120250

Nb: am Igbo, Catholic, Educated (B. Eng), and hate MouthAction.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 4:37pm On Jan 30, 2013
Black Peni5: GuY! go look for money and stop all this love talk...Can you buy an iPhone for her plus weekly recharge card? why she no go snub u?

Maybe I could, maybe I couldn't but I just said the truth. If I couldn't and she leaves me even when I need her then she is not for me.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 4:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
If it turns out that I don't make money on time (though I have real prospects) does it mean that I couldn't ask to love and be loved in return? What then? If I make it, then all I have left are fake marriages to choose from?
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by jnrprof(m): 5:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
OP, nuttin do you joor! Carry go. I'have secondary school mates who are guys that got married between ages 24 and 27. I'll be 27 this year and also wish to get married this year. Contrary to what many think, marriage is not about physical acquisitions (cars, money etc). As long as you have something worthwhile doing and you are willing to make a lot of sacrifices and delay gratification, you'll do well. I've heard a number of men say that they had nothing when they got married yet have so much now and really can't explain how. Marriage is a blessing, step into it with faith!
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 5:43pm On Jan 30, 2013
Aha?! Well, I tell you most solemnly (thank you Jesus for this phrase), everything that could make a man happy in its purest natural form God has made it possible to be found in the woman and for everything that could make a woman happy in its purest natural form God has made it possible to be found in the man. I tell ya, if na only recharge card and money I for dey born with a recharge card vomitting and money sh*ting system.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 5:53pm On Jan 30, 2013
jnr prof: OP, nuttin do you joor! Carry go. I'have secondary school mates who are guys that got married between ages 24 and 27. I'll be 27 this year and also wish to get married this year. Contrary to what many think, marriage is not about physical acquisitions (cars, money etc). As long as you have something worthwhile doing and you are willing to make a lot of sacrifices and delay gratification, you'll do well. I've heard a number of men say that they had nothing when they got married yet have so much now and really can't explain how. Marriage is a blessing, step into it with faith!

Thank you guy. I know we reason on the same level. I think some guys our age-range begin to contemplate marriage but then the devil-decieved world tend to scare us. I think most cold feet are caused by society. You know what, just like the devil got to Eve, it has gotten to our girls too. I tell ya, when our girls shun their distractions (materialism) and support us fighting, things will change!
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by cumudie(f): 6:06pm On Jan 30, 2013
Baby ar u seeking attention? If no? Gurls plenty...any way my husbnd must b hairy ooo.all ova sooo help me God..*winks*
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
cumudie: Baby ar u seeking attention? If no? Gurls plenty...any way my husbnd must b hairy ooo.all ova sooo help me God..*winks*

Attention? Too easy. I could get more if I so wanted. There are many cheap ways to do that e.g poo in the street, shouting concert, create a thread saying 'f**k u seun!',etc. No baby, I don't need the crowd. I desire sth more... innate. I think that's the word.

2 Likes

Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 30, 2013
OP, enter ya village
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by Flashaldrin(m): 6:31pm On Jan 30, 2013
I planned marrying as soon as i graduate. Cos i dont want much age difference between me and my kids.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by Acidosis(m): 6:37pm On Jan 30, 2013
lol....
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
'Lol' by Acidosis. Anyone who wants to keep laughing, please be my guest. Am serious. If this changes the world (the skeptic side) let it change. If possible, front page please?
Peeps, two things further inspired me.
Today, I went on a condolence visit to the home of one my students. His sister died of abortion. She felt she had nothing to do (poor background, father dead), and she aint married. What else? Fornication(wrong person). Rest is history.

Number two, where I serve, there is this good woman, ok young woman because she could be 31 and I said good because as a testimony she saved me from trouble when I had a bad business deal with a local. You know what? She's single and seriously in search. She's a woman of faith and tends to mellow down her frustration. But, I understand on an empathic level what she might feel.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 30, 2013
@Webizone. I respect your decision to pursue your dreams of marriage despite society's reservation. I, myself, got married at 25 and it failed. That is not to say that if you did it'd fail, just saying that a failed marriage is a respecter of neither age nor finances. We are the captain of our destinies, not statistics , not society and certainly not money.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2013
fresh_dude: @Webizone. I respect your decision to pursue your dreams of marriage despite society's reservation. I, myself, got married at 25 and it failed. That is not to say that if you did it'd fail, just saying that a failed marriage is a respecter of neither age nor finances. We are the captain of our destinies, not statistics , not society and certainly not money.

Thanks fresh_dude, am learning now. You might, if you feel like it, tell me what went wrong. Teach me, good sir.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by True2myself24(f): 7:13pm On Jan 30, 2013
webizone: If it turns out that I don't make money on time (though I have real prospects) does it mean that I couldn't ask to love and be loved in return? What then? If I make it, then all I have left are fake marriages to choose from?

Then date somebody. You don't just walk into marriage just because you want to be loved. There's a lot more that goes into it.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by greedie1(f): 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
webizone:

Thanks fresh_dude, am learning now. You might, if you feel like it, tell me what went wrong. Teach me, good sir.
webizone, i lyk u... der is something abt u...
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by bendazum: 7:20pm On Jan 30, 2013
Son,This is a noble cause and you sure have my blessings but you need to have a house and reasonable source of income to support your wife and kids.Ever seen those kids begging in the streets?I guess you have.Some girls out there also share your views.Meet the right gal and all is well,meet the wrong bit.ch and you 're a dead man!
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2013
gree-die:

webizone, i lyk u... der is something abt u...

Thanks, I appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by KINGwax(m): 7:29pm On Jan 30, 2013
webizone: I am gonna be 26 this year, male and (shocked?) would really want to get married. Why is it shocking to most people when I say this? Things like 'enjoy ur life first', 'continue school till PhD''Get job or make money first''build house and buy car first' usually come up. I am gonna say it, even though I could do all those, I couldn't when my passion is naught. I found that I needed the joy of companionship.
pls save up for coffin.
Early to bed, early to rise. Ok? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 7:34pm On Jan 30, 2013
True2myself24:

Then date somebody. You don't just walk into marriage just because you want to be loved. There's a lot more that goes into it.

Date somebody? Why do u think am making my feelings known? But remember, too many dates with different people have an 'echo' effect. You have cared for your exes too long to remember them thereby causing fragmentation of your heart, love and possibly life (home).
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by claremont(m): 7:45pm On Jan 30, 2013
@OP: I was your age once and faced with the same dilemma. I chose to pursue a career and I have never regretted my decision ever since. I totally believe that I wouldn't have been able to achieve the little I have achieved now if I had obeyed the cultural impulse to marry early.

1 Like

Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 7:50pm On Jan 30, 2013
KINGwax: pls save up for coffin.
Early to bed, early to rise. Ok? grin

If you know you must cross the river, make sure you do it well.

Truly I say unto thee (Jesus Christ, I love Your style), it is not judged by how late u crossed but how well.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2013
claremont: @OP: I was your age once and faced with the same dilemma. I chose to pursue a career and I have never regretted my decision ever since. I totally believe that I wouldn't have been able to achieve the little I have achieved now if I had obeyed the cultural impulse to marry early.

Well, that's your culture and you are you, Claremont.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by True2myself24(f): 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2013
@ webizone Well I'm just saying that marriage isn't the only way to get your emotional needs met.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2013
True2myself24: @ webizone Well I'm just saying that marriage isn't the only way to get your emotional needs met.

You know I think I have heard that before. Oh, I know. From myself! Girl, I know what I want.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by webizone(m): 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2013
True2myself24: @ webizone Well I'm just saying that marriage isn't the only way to get your emotional needs met.

Duly noted.
bendazum: Son,This is a noble cause and you sure have my blessings but you need to have a house and reasonable source of income to support your wife and kids.Ever seen those kids begging in the streets?I guess you have.Some girls out there also share your views.Meet the right gal and all is well,meet the wrong bit.ch and you 're a dead man!

Noted too.
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by adconline(m): 9:07pm On Jan 30, 2013
webizone: I am gonna be 26 this year, male and (shocked?) would really want to get married. Why is it shocking to most people when I say this? Things like 'enjoy ur life first', 'continue school till PhD''Get job or make money first''build house and buy car first' usually come up. I am gonna say it, even though I could do all those, I couldn't when my passion is naught. I found that I needed the joy of companionship.

Why bring another child in this world just for the sake of companionship? Are u thinking of taking carebof kids that might be a result of such companionship?
Re: Why Marry Early? I Would! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 30, 2013
adconline:

Why bring another child in this world just for the sake of companionship? Are u thinking of taking carebof kids that might be a result of such companionship?

It is only Nigerians who feel woman must get knocked up as soon as they marry.
After a marriage, I would like to give it a couple years before we start having babies.

Seriously being married is the time to (guiltlessly before God and man) enjoy your woman to the fullest.
To enjoy that tight body, undestroyed by child birth. For this to happen, make it clear to inlaws NOT to interfere and ask stupid questions to start making either party uncomfortable angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Most Ladies Fall Inlove With Wrong Guys / If Couples Doesnt Want Children, What Then Is The Motive Of The Marriage? / A Question That Makes VIRGINITY Tests Useless And Unnecessary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.