Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas (160733 Views)

Travel To China, New Procedures For Visas / How Is American Embassy Treating Nigerians Who Currently Apply For Visas? / Uk Border Agency Hit By Fresh Bribes For Visas Issued To Nigerians/africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by elvis4(m): 9:14pm On Jun 29, 2013
thank you soo much hopes are high we provided all documents and we meet all the requirement ,they only called to ask for curent conversations between us thats all they call to ask and i printed it for them
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by baslone: 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
For every document that you provide, you must include the original document and a photocopy.

Does this include photocopies of bank statements? Stuff is already bulky! shocked
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 3:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
baslone:

Does this include photocopies of bank statements? Stuff is already bulky! shocked

That quote that says "for every document that you provide, you must include the original document and a photocopy", where did you get it from?
The info is incorrect
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by baslone: 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
It is there on the UK Border Agency webpage.

For every document that you provide, you must include the original document
and a photocopy. This includes a copy of your passport bio-data page (the page
containing your photograph). Please ensure that the photocopies are of good quality
and can be read easily. If you do not provide a photocopy of each document, we might
not return your original documents to you.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/applying/?langname=null
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
baslone: It is there on the UK Border Agency webpage.

For every document that you provide, you must include the original document
and a photocopy. This includes a copy of your passport bio-data page (the page
containing your photograph). Please ensure that the photocopies are of good quality
and can be read easily. If you do not provide a photocopy of each document, we might
not return your original documents to you.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/applying/?langname=null
That must be a new development probably applicable in Nigeria or other similar countries, it doesn't make sense except that it makes their jobs easier
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by camelus: 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hello Vicjustice
Denied UK Visa,Reason-U stated ur income but u have not provided any evidence of business ownership or any evidence of ur income

Please explain/analyse the above mentioned for me. Await ur swift response.

Note; My Niece invited me for her graduation ceremony & i operate an unregistered biz in Nigeria. I assume they know that not all bizs are registered.
Also included in the application b4 denial are my tax clearance & bank statement.
Please advice cos i want to reapply !
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 9:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
camelus: Hello Vicjustice
Denied UK Visa,Reason-U stated ur income but u have not provided any evidence of business ownership or any evidence of ur income

Please explain/analyse the above mentioned for me. Await ur swift response.

Note; My Niece invited me for her graduation ceremony & i operate an unregistered biz in Nigeria. I assume they know that not all bizs are registered.
Also included in the application b4 denial are my tax clearance & bank statement.
Please advice cos i want to reapply !
You will be refused again if you re-applied, if your business isn't registered, then it is deemed illegitimate and as such, it can't be used as a credible occupation
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by camelus: 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
Vicjustice:
You will be refused again if you re-applied, if your business isn't registered, then it is deemed illegitimate and as such, it can't be used as a credible occupation

Hello Vicjustice,
Ok will register it open an account with Coy name run it like 6 months b4 reapplying ri?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by baslone: 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
Vicjustice: That must be a new development probably applicable in Nigeria or other similar countries, it doesn't make sense except that it makes their jobs easier

I was at the Home Office today, It was being publicly announced repeatedly.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 7:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
Interesting, previously, they never would accept a photocopy from anyone except they made the photocopy themselves
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by camelus: 1:03am On Jul 13, 2013
Vicjustice:

Hello Vicjustice,
Ok will register it open an account with Coy name run it like 6 months b4 reapplying ri?[/quote]
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
@vicjustice, thanks for all the advice given.i actually read from the first page and intend to apply for my visa as soon as i get my tax clearance and annual leave document.
I sincerely hope my application will be successful.
Once again kudos.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
Cyndas: @vicjustice, thanks for all the advice given.i actually read from the first page and intend to apply for my visa as soon as i get my tax clearance and annual leave document.
I sincerely hope my application will be successful.
Once again kudos.
It's my pleasure wink
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by flange: 11:56am On Jul 15, 2013
Vicjustice: That quote that says "for every document that you provide, you must include the original document and a photocopy", where did you get it from?
The info is incorrect

Vicjustice! i read from one of your posts that you are in Dublin im so sorry to burst into you but i need your help i want to know how the place is i mean life in Ireland because i got an admission to ITB . i need advice on that place i didnt see a thread please i need your prompt response
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by visarosy: 4:57pm On Jul 15, 2013
that is a very nice list indeed
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
flange: Vicjustice! i read from one of your posts that you are in Dublin im so sorry to burst into you but i need your help i want to know how the place is i mean life in Ireland because i got an admission to ITB . i need advice on that place i didnt see a thread please i need your prompt response
Well, I'm indeed in Ireland, and I can say (from my personal experience and perspective) that life isn't bad here.
You have asked a series of very general and broad questions that require a great deal of effort to give analytical answers to, and I'm not able to do that at the moment. Please, kindly refer to my article in this link: https://www.nairaland.com/94557/life-various-foreign-countries-experience
You might also want to make use of www.google.com
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by rakisha: 1:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
Dear VicJustice, thanks for all ur help and for the advice u have given people in the past.

Pls i'm a novice who wants to travel to UK for holiday. My friend is inviting me. I work and earn about 100k per month. I also buy and sell anything that moves just to make extra cash. I dont know much about travelling but from what i have read so far i think i have money lodgement problem. I intend applying for the UK visa on 1st of August. And i have 600k in my acct with lump sum paid over a period of 2 weeks.

My questions are:
1. Is 600k an okay minimum for a visit of 10days?

2. Can i say that d lump sum was gotten from my customers who paid for my goods which is true

3. I'm just in d process of registering my business name and i hope to get the certificate by 30th. Will it bé fishy to them saying that i registered my biz solely for d purpose of the visa application.

I anticipate ur response. Thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 3:45pm On Jul 16, 2013
rakisha: Dear VicJustice, thanks for all ur help and for the advice u have given people in the past.

Pls i'm a novice who wants to travel to UK for holiday. My friend is inviting me. I work and earn about 100k per month. I also buy and sell anything that moves just to make extra cash. I dont know much about travelling but from what i have read so far i think i have money lodgement problem. I intend applying for the UK visa on 1st of August. And i have 600k in my acct with lump sum paid over a period of 2 weeks.

My questions are:
1. Is 600k an okay minimum for a visit of 10days?

2. Can i say that d lump sum was gotten from my customers who paid for my goods which is true

3. I'm just in d process of registering my business name and i hope to get the certificate by 30th. Will it bé fishy to them saying that i registered my biz solely for d purpose of the visa application.

I anticipate ur response. Thanks
Answers have been given on thess, please, refer to the article in this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by rakisha: 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
Thanks Vic.

Pls I will appreciate if u can give ur personal opinion on the three questions I asked as I have read all thru d link u redirected me to and havent come across anywhere it was hinted that it is or it isnt shady to register my buying and selling biz two weeks to my application date to prove that d cash lodgements made on my acct are from my extra source of income.

I also cant get concrete info about if 600k is alright for a 10 day visit. I earn 100k and I have been working for the past 4 and half years. I also intend adding my salary acct which has about 180k in it making all my available cash to be 780k. I wont be staying in a hotel. I will stay with my friend who is inviting me.

Thanks pls reply

Vicjustice:
Answers have been given on thess, please, refer to the article in this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
rakisha: Thanks Vic.

Pls I will appreciate if u can give ur personal opinion on the three questions I asked as I have read all thru d link u redirected me to and havent come across anywhere it was hinted that it is or it isnt shady to register my buying and selling biz two weeks to my application date to prove that d cash lodgements made on my acct are from my extra source of income.

I also cant get concrete info about if 600k is alright for a 10 day visit. I earn 100k and I have been working for the past 4 and half years. I also intend adding my salary acct which has about 180k in it making all my available cash to be 780k. I wont be staying in a hotel. I will stay with my friend who is inviting me.

Thanks pls reply

If a direct answer is what you want to get, I'll tell you that N600K is way too small, I don't see how you can pull it through with that
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by rakisha: 3:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
God bless you Vic. I truly, madly, deeply appreciate your help and advice.

Vicjustice:
If a direct answer is what you want to get, I'll tell you that N600K is way too small, I don't see how you can pull it through with that
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by effisyman: 10:59am On Jul 22, 2013
Hi.
Pls I want to go canada with my family.
Four kids and my wife...pls guide me.
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by sogbada: 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2013
Hello VicJustice, please I need your advice. my case is similar to rakisha. I have a job which pays me 120,000 every month but i also buy and sell but my business is not registered. when filling the UK tourist form, they asked for my total monthly income, i want to write 160,000 because that is the average of what i make in a month both from my salary and from my business although the business amount fluctuates especially when my goods havent arrived. [b]pls will you advice me to go and register my business because i want to use it to explain why there is alot of money being deposited in my account[/b]. is it not going to be too close to my application date? (2nd week August). Also if i register my business, do i have to pay tax immediately. pls bear in mind that this is just an extra source of income. pls kindly address all my bolded and coloured questions because i am worried. thank you and God bless you. amen
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
sogbada: Hello VicJustice, please I need your advice. my case is similar to rakisha. I have a job which pays me 120,000 every month but i also buy and sell but my business is not registered. when filling the UK tourist form, they asked for my total monthly income, i want to write 160,000 because that is the average of what i make in a month both from my salary and from my business although the business amount fluctuates especially when my goods havent arrived. [b]pls will you advice me to go and register my business because i want to use it to explain why there is alot of money being deposited in my account[/b]. is it not going to be too close to my application date? (2nd week August). Also if i register my business, do i have to pay tax immediately. pls bear in mind that this is just an extra source of income. pls kindly address all my bolded and coloured questions because i am worried. thank you and God bless you. amen
https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/127#down
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
effisyman: Hi.
Pls I want to go canada with my family.
Four kids and my wife...pls guide me.
Why have you edited the information that you provided before? i was actually working on it...
Anyway, i can still recall what you previously wrote down otherwise, i wouldn't have been able to respond to these phrases.
You (earlier wrote that you) want your wife and four kids to migrate to Canada while you stay back in Nigeria to manage your business (with the hope to join them in the future)...
There are some options available to your wife to achieve this, and one such option is if she has $250.000 (Canadian Dollar) to set up a business in Canada, or she uses the Federal Skill Worker scheme (if she is a graduate in any of the highly needed professional fields). A third option is this: She and the kids can apply for tourist visa and eventually seeking asylum in Canada...
There are a few other things that could work well if well done. You might want to visit the Canadian Immigration website at www.cic.gc.ca
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
@vicjustice
sorry to bother you.
I cant get tax clearance certificate because i have not worked for up to a year.
Will my payslips do, because my tax details are in my payslips?
Thanks
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2013
Cyndas: @vicjustice
sorry to bother you.
I cant get tax clearance certificate because i have not worked for up to a year.
Will my payslips do, because my tax details are in my payslips?
Thanks
First of all, it is vital to know that you need to be in same employment for 12 months or over before you can use the employment as occupation in regard to visa application.

In most EU countries, after an employer has passed the initial months of probation with satisfying performances, s/he will then be given a full staff status. But s/he will not be covered by the labour law against abrupt termination of employment until after one full year with the company.
This means, while you had passed the probation period and are staying with the company, your employer still has the rights to terminate your employment at will, but once you have stayed with the company for over 12 months, you will then be immuned from abrupt or untimely termination of employment without financial compensation except on the ground of gross misconduct.
You need to stay in your employment for at least 12 months for you to be established and gain labour rights assurance.
Note: it is possible to get the visa even in your given circumstances, in fact, the visa officer might not look into the issue of your new employment, but bear in mind that if the issue is raised, then there will be only one result, Visa REFUSAL
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 22, 2013
Vicjustice:
First of all, it is vital to know that you need to be in same employment for 12 months or over before you can use the employment as occupation in regard to visa application.

In most EU countries, after an employer has passed the initial months of probation with satisfying performances, s/he will then be given a full staff status. But s/he will not be covered by the labour law against abrupt termination of employment until after one full year with the company.
This means, while you had passed the probation period and are staying with the company, your employer still has the rights to terminate your employment at will, but once you have stayed with the company for over 12 months, you will then be immuned from abrupt or untimely termination of employment without financial compensation except on the ground of gross misconduct.
You need to stay in your employment for at least 12 months for you to be established and gain labour rights assurance.
Note: it is possible to get the visa even in his given circumstances, in fact, the visa officer might not look into the issue of your new employment, but bear in mind that if the issue is raised, then there will be only one one result, Visa REFUSAL
ok, thanks for your time.
The thing is that i have worked for over a year in this same establishment, but govt just started deducting taxes this year.
Also like i asked, can my payslips do? I.e since i cant get tax clearance now?
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by Vicjustice: 10:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
Cyndas:
ok, thanks for your time.
The thing is that i have worked for over a year in this same establishment, but govt just started deducting taxes this year.
Also like i asked, can my payslips do? I.e since i cant get tax clearance now?
I have no idea how Nigerian pay-slips look like, but if they contains the kind of information that pay-slips in Europe contain, then you won't need your tax clearance since it is revealed in pay-slips
Re: A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas by effisyman: 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
Vicjustice:
Why have you edited the information that you provided before? i was actually working on it...
Anyway, i can still recall what you previously wrote down otherwise, i wouldn't have been able to respond to these phrases.
You (earlier wrote that you) want your wife and four kids to migrate to Canada while you stay back in Nigeria to manage your business (with the hope to join them in the future)...
There are some options available to your wife to achieve this, and one such option is if she has $250.000 (Canadian Dollar) to set up a business in Canada, or she uses Federal Skill Worker scheme (if she is a graduate in any of the highly needed professional fields). A third option is this: She and the kids can apply for tourist visa and eventually seeking asylum in Canada...
There are a few other things that could work well if well done. You might want to visit the Canadian Immigration website at www.cic.gc.ca
I edited for security purposes and sm happy you got my message.
Thanks for the advice but on what ground will they be granted asylum?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / My Monthly Savings In Canada / Abuja City - Videos and Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.