Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House (22146 Views)

How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries / TSA: CBN Fines Skye Bank N4bn For Concealing Mdas' Funds / Soyinka Leads Protest To Fashola Over N4bn First Lady House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by ballabriggs: 11:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
taharqa: Bunch of Noisemaking Ijiots.... So again, what is a 'Mission House'? It is certainly not a Residential House (any body who blives that is a certified ijiot). B4 I condemn a thing I must know what I am condemning....

again....

naja2:

God punish you! The reason i dont take it lightly with you guys anylonger is because you guys are unrepentetant criminals, getting paid to destroy your country cos of pecuniary gains, there shall be no space for you guys any longer its fire for fire as we approach 2015. The kingdom og God suffereth violence and the violent taketh it by force. Is ur silly -ss telling Nigerian that there is nothing bad with building a "mission" house for the first lady for what? so that who will not due? How many hospitals has the Gej administration spent 4billion on since assuming office once again God purnish u again. This country must be free by all means from evil brigands like u and ur boss like i said watch out the battle has started, you all send ur kids abroad yet you wont invest 1b naira into education but spend 4b on a useless mission house amadioha fire ur mouth once again.

MUHEHEHEHE

2 Likes

Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by HezronLorraine(m): 12:00am On Feb 01, 2013
Firstly.an illegal and unconstitutional entity.OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY.pls where in a democratic govt do u vote a president who keeps a parastatal to d statute of his wife.of course only in naija.4billion.jeez.would d railings of her staircase be made of diamond.btw,i thought the state house should accommodate the president and his immediate family,y d 2nd house for his wife.i tire 4 naija.
Secondly.abeg.take a luk at d billions of naira dt fct is allocated.pls.sum billions for maintenance.ds people think we are fools oo.pls lets prove dm wrong oh.imagine anoda one.about sumtn million would be used to fuel and maintain generators in d state house.pls.if everywhere in naija doesn't have electricity supply,d state house should be constant.its a shame on how all ds money are consumed by d moneyballs in govt.dts y i say.jonathan and his federal parrots(labaran maku,reuben abati,doyin okupe) take up ezekwesili's challenge to a democratic debate.mtchheeeeewwww.
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by truth4meal(m): 12:04am On Feb 01, 2013
What is 4billion naira to a man that can squander 67 billion dollars - its a groundnut fraction. I pity the choice of Nigerians who trusted their votes with this man in 2011; its a sin that must be repented come 2015. If after all these misruling GEJ still remain our president beyond 2015 then God is obviously angry with Nigeria - Jonah is our nemesis but the question is for how long?
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by razznaija(f): 12:10am On Feb 01, 2013
They are spending 4bn on a house for the first lady meanwhile, there are children hawking everyday on the streets living in poor conditions as house boys and girls because their parents don't have the money to take care of them, there are people dying everyday because of the horrible state of the healthcare system in Nigeria, people are dying on the death traps called roads everyday, people that live in areas that are prone to flooding were told to move during the raining season, our education system is rapidly dying, the government has been owing people pension for several months,people are getting robbed and bombed everyday, the rate of corruption is so high that it makes me sick. Sometimes i wonder if these people are on a mission to run this country down till there's nothing left. Chai!! sometimes i just feel like weeping for my country.
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by dayokanu(m): 12:18am On Feb 01, 2013
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by ezebest1(m): 12:18am On Feb 01, 2013
"The Senate has expressed concerns over
the N4bn earmarked for the
construction of a mission house for the
First Lady listed in the 2013" Pls never allow your hatred for Jonathan engulf your thinking ability. The question is, what is a mission house in this context?
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by adahib: 12:22am On Feb 01, 2013
I'm speechless.....how can our leaders be this insensitive?
what crime have we as a people commited?
this has gone beyond be careful
how long shall we lie down and be repeatedly raped by a few ruthless individuals?
it is time for us to scream a loud ENOUGH
it is time for us to match
it is time for us to fight back
yes,it is time for a BLOODY REVOLUTION

1 Like

Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by gbollykore: 12:59am On Feb 01, 2013
I DONT SEE ANY SIGN OF SERIOUSNESS IN THIS GOVERMENT, ITS ALMOST LIKE MOCKING NIGERIANS

1 Like

Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by Nobody: 1:23am On Feb 01, 2013
taharqa: B4 any of u start commenting, hv u askd yrselves what a 'Mission house' is; it is certainly not a Residential one...
Then make us Understand and tell us how it will benefit the hungry masses.No wonder youths are dieing in young age before their time because they support nonsense when they seem to know the truth
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by danikik7: 1:32am On Feb 01, 2013
I think it's now very clear that GEJ and his cohort will collapse this country if we allow him another 5 years.The rate of embezzlement with impunity in his tenure has moved from millions into billions.Another 5 yes of this reckless siphoning will the nation to it's kneels.
An alternative please,when Baba said you can't fight corruption I thought he was kidding,now it is glaring.Do step aside GEJ,I now favour Buhari /Rubadu.
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by khrisponty(m): 1:46am On Feb 01, 2013
Nairaland has hit over a million members benchmark, this is not the time or year for e-tantrums or cyber frustration, its time to use our. Numbers and march in one unified voice against the constant battering from our Government. 50k members is all it will take, who get mind, r we truly unified? Who won't sell out even if we do? These are the core fears of a Radical Nigerian that's ready to lay down for his country. Rise up Naija!!
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by Nobody: 1:56am On Feb 01, 2013
eze-best:
First Lady listed in the 2013" Pls never allow your hatred for Jonathan engulf your thinking ability. The question is, what is a mission house in this context?
You tell us.we don't know.Another idiot and psychopath on the loose
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by Urine: 2:07am On Feb 01, 2013
eze-best:

Are you trying to sound like an intelligent person? You only noticed the mission house? Is the office of the 1st lady recognised by the constitution? Provide answers to these questions and put your enemies to shame.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by Spinshark(m): 2:24am On Feb 01, 2013
homerac7: is that position constitutional? ...so how do you build something upon nothing by making legislative budgeting for an illegal entity? weird, isn't it? undecided undecided undecided undecided

I wonder ooo
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by COOLDUN: 4:11am On Feb 01, 2013
Yes naa she need the mission house so that she can go there and have her taste of other young men’s bulala naa as her husband has decided to change soup, Dezani Allison Madueke’s Bayelsa mixed with Igbo onugbu soup now has captured her husband’s appetite, you want her to continue eating Obojo fish while her husband is busy eating an IMF/World Bank and Oily Ministers Congos? Man must wakk jare my people. Instead of her to continue to eat food poison in Aso Crock let her run for her dear life, after all our Oil money will never finish naa. Na God with Thunder from heaven will strike/kill anyone who ever thought of building that house. Edoooooooooooots.
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by Blueboy0402: 4:35am On Feb 01, 2013
Dear GEJ,
With tears in my eyes and with a heavy heart I write this letter. I've always told fellow NLders that whenever you are being discussed there is an imbroglio between my heart and head. You told us you had no shoes and we filed out under the heat of the scourging sun to vote for you. You promised us fresh air yet you make us groan with a grimaced face. You approved N4b for Dame's mission house yet lot of Nigerians are looking for a cube of sugar to soak garri. Have we not suffered enough? Why are you treating us like pawns on a chessboard?

People now call you Retardeen, Slowpoke, Jonathan, Odechukwu, Badluck, Clueless, Shoeless, Olodo etc and have started to pour curse on you and Dame. I hope you know the implication. Some have even questioned your Phd.

Berem is annoyed, Seun is tired, Blueboy is confused, Musa hates you, Obinoscopy is speechless. What of Afam? The list is endless.

I hope you read this and feel the pulse of the people because they are not smilling. Though my head is compelling me to call you names and invoke the wrath of amadioha and sango, I'm being restrained by my heart. I hope you listen to the cries of the people.
Yours
Blueboy

6 Likes

Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by justmenoni: 5:33am On Feb 01, 2013
Only in Naija SHA,I dont think they know how many block of flats that will build in different regions of naija,oya make i break down some..30m will build 2 storey building which consists 12 units of 2 bed flats each,that means the 4 Billion naira will build 134 numbers of the 12 storey buildings and that is 1608 flats,you know how many families that will create accommodation for?

If our government can be so kind to build this for us in all states for the common people,we go happy tire..haba why is Nigeria moving 5 steps backward and 1 step forward,can we ever get there?

1 Like

Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by naptu2: 6:06am On Feb 01, 2013
1) It's not a residence for the first lady. It's the secretariat of the African First Ladies Peace Mission and also a vocational centre.

2) The piece of land was subject to litigation between Turai Yar'Adua and Patience Jonathan, but the government decided to opt for an out of court settlement.

What I want to know: is the African First Ladies Peace Mission a governmental organisation or a non-governmental organisation and why should the FCT Ministry budget funds for its secretariat?
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by oge4real(f): 6:11am On Feb 01, 2013
The day I virtually wept for Nigeria was when I saw that Australian Prime Minister lives in a 90 yr old house.
Just imagine! Now we have graduated to building mansions for common First Ladies. Very soon they will build houses for the 'first children'.
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by naptu2: 6:19am On Feb 01, 2013
[size=14pt]Turai vs Patience: FG opts for out-of-court settlement of land dispute[/size]

July 24, 2012 | 10:51 pm

News

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri

ABUJA — In a bid to save Nigeria from further embarrassment, the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke, SAN, Tuesday, urged an Abuja High Court sitting at Bwari to discontinue further hearing on the lingering land dispute between Dame Patience Jonathan and wife of late President Umar Musa Yar’Adua, Turai.

The two women had plunged into cold war after the Certificate of Occupancy for a parcel of land originally allocated to a Non-Governmental Organisation, NGO, “The Registered Trustee of Women and Youth Empowerment Foundation, WYEF”, a pet project initiated by Turai Yar’Adua, was revoked by the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Bala Mohammed, and re-awarded to Patience Jonathan for the construction of a secretariat of the “First Ladies Peace Mission.”

Specifically, the Registered Trustees of WYEF had applied and was granted an allocation of Plot 1347at the Cadastral Zone A00, Abuja, after paying N184,529,438 as statutory Right of Occupancy and was duly issued with the C of O by the FCT Minister.

Meanwhile, under the terms of grant, the plaintiff was given three years to develop the property based on approved building plans.

After the payments of the various levies, the plaintiff paid additional N76, 936,210.00 as building plan fees after which the grant and approval of the building plans were made and given in line with the master plan for Abuja.

The plaintiff told the court that shortly after it engaged a building company, Al-Cooks Nigeria Limited, to develop the property for N13, 516,013,797.58, the FCT Administration led by Bala Mohammed, on November 1, 2011, asked it to pay additional N18,529,438, which it said was also paid.

It, however, lamented that after the various payments were made, the FCT Minister, without reason, issued a notice of revocation of the said property which it allocated to the plaintiff for the purpose of building public institution (Training/Vocational Centre). It noted that the said letter of revocation was backdated with effect from October 27, 2011.

Meanwhile, Turai’s NGO stressed that it decided to seek redress in court upon discovering that the same piece of land was re-allocated to another organisation sponsored by Jonathan’s wife.

Also joined as defendants in the suit with No. FCT/HC/CV/2591/2010 included the AGF, FCT Minister and the Abuja Geographic Information System, AGIS.

Sequel to the suit, the court presided by Justice Peter Affen, issued an order barring the FCT Administration,  AGIS and the AGF from carrying out further activities at the site.

However, while the order of the court was still subsisting, the defendants in defiance of the said order mobilised people to the site to commence construction work.

The action prompted counsel to WAYE, Innocent Lagi, to initiate contempt proceedings against the respective defendants.

Nevertheless, before hearing could commence on the contempt charge, the AGF, last Friday, approached the court, asking it to vacate the restraining order.

Though Justice Affen ordered that all the necessary parties must be put on notice, the AGF, yesterday, re-approached the court, begging it to allow the matter to be settled-out-of court.

Counsel to the AGF, Mr Baba Sa’idu further told the court that his client had already reached out to the aggrieved party for an amicable settlement of the dispute.

After listening to his submissions, Justice Affen adjourned till September 24 to receive the report of settlement.

Meanwhile, the case been adjourned till September 24, 2012 for report of settlement.

Adducing reasons why the case should be discontinued, Adoke earlier told the court “the previous allocations were duly revoked and a fresh allocation made out to the African Peace Mission in overriding interest.”

“The invitations to the members of the African Union’s First Ladies Peace Mission had already gone out and it would be most humiliating for Nigeria in the diplomatic circle to make an about-turn at this time, given, the time constraint to effect any other changes in venue,” he added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/turai-vs-patience-fg-opts-for-out-of-court-settlement-of-land-dispute/
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by Yazmin: 6:24am On Feb 01, 2013
eze-best:

Whatever a mission house means. The question here is that are there no other very pressing economic,financial or health issues to deal with? For God sake is the 'mission house' a priority,when the healthcare is comatose $ roads are dilapidated $ battalions of unemployed youth churn out into the streets daily?
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by naptu2: 6:26am On Feb 01, 2013
Yazmin:

Whatever a mission house means. The question here is that are there no other very pressing economic,financial or health issues to deal with? For God sake is the 'mission house' a priority,when the healthcare is comatose $ roads are dilapidated $ battalions of unemployed youth churn out into the streets daily?

Another good question.
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by Fidelcruiz(m): 6:28am On Feb 01, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
The Senate has expressed concerns over the N4bn earmarked for the
construction of a mission house for the First Lady listed in the 2013
Budget of the Federal Capital Territory.It also queried the expenditure of N7.5billion for the management of the city as well as the spending of N150million for the renovation of the Guest House of the Vice Presidentin Asokoro, Abuja.

It considered for second reading on Thursday the budget of the FCTA
totaling N253.199billion, of which N48.034billion is for personnel cost;
N49.504billion is for overhead, while the balance of N155.66billion is
for capital projects for the service of the FCT.

http://www.punchng.com/news/senate-queries-n4bn-first-ladys-house/
They should also buy a Bugatti Veyron for her $1.7 million. At least it's a chicken change compared to N4 billion. God will see us all through
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by naptu2: 6:33am On Feb 01, 2013
Another question (inspired by the Turai vs Patience case), what happens when Patience Jonathan is no longer first lady? Will the "Mission House" be inherited by the next first lady? What happens if the next first lady is not interested in being a "missionary"?

(We've had "Better Life", "Family Support", WOTCLEFF, WOYEF, etc).
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by ujchief(m): 6:51am On Feb 01, 2013
naptu2: Another question (inspired by the Turai vs Patience case), what happens when Patience Jonathan is no longer first lady? Will the "Mission House" be inherited by the next first lady? What happens if the next first lady is not interested in being a "missionary"?

(We've had "Better Life", "Family Support", WOTCLEFF, WOYEF, etc).
The interest of Nigerian leaders is not in sustenance but in the initiation of new projects with aim of getting state funds for some anonymous projects such as this, which will be a good avenue to siphon money.
@naptu, you asked a good question, "should the budget of a peace mission house for the "unconstitutional" office of a first lady be funded by the FCT?"

Your guess is as good as mine.
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by Meritbaba(m): 7:08am On Feb 01, 2013
taharqa: B4 any of u start commenting, hv u askd yrselves what a 'Mission house' is; it is certainly not a Residential one...
ok...a place where garri can be buy and sell without been banned
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 01, 2013
We need to stop whinning and learn 2 take matters in our own hands. Wat we need in this country is a revolution. 2 days ago d studnts in my school decided 2 protest cos dey hd neither water nor light 4 close 2 3 wks. Dey were stppd by d police who assured dem dat dey'll b attnded 2 bt dey shuldn't embarrass d state cos dey were expecting important dignitries. We hd both water n light yestr'd. Smthng dat culdn't b dn in 3wks ws dn in a day. Nigeria cn bcome beta only if u n i are willingly 2 wrk towards it 4 jst a day.
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by Bokoharam: 7:11am On Feb 01, 2013
Jonathan appears worse than the previous presidents/Heads of states because, today, we have the Freedom of Information in action. When the others were in power, worse things happened that we never got to hear about.

That is Nigeria for you. And I still insist that the problem of Nigeria is not Jonathan, OBJ, IBB, not PDP (is ACN the better?) are we the better?

After all, your Senates representatives, who are beneficiaries of these scandalous and bogus budgetary items, passed the budget through a 2nd reading. What stopped them from refusing to pass it? Leave Jonathan alone!
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 01, 2013
Ds money is too much, ds GEJ is a bastard,stupid Retard.

Haba m tired of reading al this stuff
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by Donmams(m): 7:29am On Feb 01, 2013
Hahaha. Most of you said you'll not vote for Buhari because he will islamize nigeria! I hope you are happy with your CAN-supported president!
grin
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by Wadeoye(m): 7:31am On Feb 01, 2013
G
Re: Senate Queries N4bn First Lady’s House by Wadeoye(m): 7:33am On Feb 01, 2013

What stupid mission is that? Can you define that?
Do you know the number of primary schools that money can reconstruct in your erosion ravaged village?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Recent Activities Of The Bring Back Our Girls Group / Saraki, Dogara Reject N10bn Official Quarters / Rivers Rerun : Commissioner Of Police Has Withdrawn My Security –Governor Wike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.