Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

A Thread for Single Ladies :) - Romance (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thread for Single Ladies :) (255883 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / A Thread For The Dark And Handsome Guys Of Nairaland / Tips On Finding A Wife For Single Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (181) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 19, 2013
i really don't know why some guys would settle for catfish rather than caviar?whatever suits you...
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 5:37pm On Mar 19, 2013
nbright: thank you.. I believe this isn't the first time you've said such to me..

dude i have nothing against you

if i dont like a girl because of a physical xteristic (you know how ladies are touchy on this subject), its best you avoid mentioning this
Sorry it sounds dishonest and moreover its actually quite shallow

I know ladies can be ver shallow but a man has to show he is the man
The one he dey meet for front no get bowlegs but hin get wor wor teeth
ish
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 5:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
biolabee:

dude i have nothing against you

if i dont like a girl because of a physical xteristic (you know how ladies are touchy on this subject), its best you avoid mentioning this
Sorry it sounds dishonest and moreover its actually quite shallow

I know ladies can be ver shallow but a man has to show he is the man
The one he dey meet for front no get bowlegs but hin get wor wor teeth
ish

even if he pretends?.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Remmy488(m): 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2013
Ao una dey jus passing by bt been reading all ur posts though
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by SimplYeahmee(m): 6:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
Wow...
Been away for too long, but trying to catch up with the latest happenings.
Dudes this thread is for single ladies pls let's give the best of our advice and drop all d drama sumwhr dey shudnt be found.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 7:21pm On Mar 19, 2013
missblanche: i really don't know why some guys would settle for catfish rather than caviar?whatever suits you...
it all depends on taste... That's how it is with the female folks too.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by SimplYeahmee(m): 7:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
carmelion: Thanks ivynwa,wooow, that's a big teddy bear you 've got there! cheesy

there are some dolls,i have not seen it in awhile

@Mayapretty,rubi26,rita lewisky,Auntynurse,greedoll,Cowgurl,Caracta,Humblebygrace,
Ampeaceful,Graphy,Sheybor,evelyn006,eihmub,Bec,Cutjay,Anitank,Winneygirl'
all the ladies that once posted on the thread,i hope you re all okay? smiley

@Edelweiss,thanks for stopping by,i know you must have been very busy,
you left when the thread was on page 18,just keep up at your own pace,
hope business is going on well?

These guys are missing. lol,Chikeorji,Honerico,Dahonestboss,Dipwaters,ITbomb,2buff,Soyedele,
Dailynews,Phinalphantasy,Simpleyeahmee,
passionate88,Kabonic,Charliemorgano,Rooneyboy,Meilyn,Kengali eeeem,i hope am not forgetting anyone?.Xyoung,Madrista007.SamjonnyB,Biolabee,phew!.hope you guys are doing great?
take it easy with the hustling cool.

The list is so long mehn,just checking on everyone.

Thanks carmydoll, it's good to know we are one big happy family.

ℓ̊'ve jst been lazy to come online and am very sorry bn very distracted lately.

Can ℓ̊ ask for one thing (ℓ̊ want my own big warm mushy, snuggly bear hug) as much as we are "machomen" sumtyms we also want to be cared for as babies.

Big hugs anybody??

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
nbright: even if he pretends?.

Note wat i said its not ideal but u dont destroy a girl becuase you found a physical flaw unappealing
Just my own sha

If she's not good enuff for you, leave her and move on

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2013
biolabee:

Note wat i said its not ideal but u dont destroy a girl becuase you found a physical flaw unappealing
Just my own sha

If she's not good enuff for you, leave her and move on
If you just leave her and move on, she will either tag you a player or that left her without telling her what went wrong between you two... Don't you know that girls are very inquisitive by nature?, so it's better he told her the reason why he took that action rather than to keep her wondering what went wrong between them... It's obvious that she's over him with what she posted earlier... "to hell with him" I believe that was how she put it..

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by carmelion(f): 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
nbright: If you just leave her and move on, she will either tag you a player or that left her without telling her what went wrong between you two... Don't you know that girls are very inquisitive by nature?, so it's better he told her the reason why he took that action rather than to keep her wondering what went wrong between them... It's obvious that she's over him with what she posted earlier... "to hell with him" I believe that was how she put it..

And you believed that his reasons are genuine?.Well I don't know how long they have known each other,but I believe no one has a detachable forhead.Meaning,he saw it the firstday he walked up to her and asked for her phone numbe cos she did not leave it at home.

Besides foreheads do not increase or reduce in size,so its not like he does not like the size anymore.

*I wonder why am even following this topic,cos am yet to see the forehead*

@Missblanche,please I hope you guys didn't.......?By the way,please don't go close to such 'child' again.*sighs*

2 Likes

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
@nbright: how would you feel if i told you that you have ugly short fingers or that your teeth are ugly or maybe you have an ugly face...Believe me,there are other ways of passing my message across without hurting the next person..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by temi4fash(m): 9:08pm On Mar 19, 2013
missblanche: i really don't know why some guys would settle for catfish rather than caviar?whatever suits you...

dats ur perception....
Its all abt preference....
@nbright....
I hail ooo
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by madridsta007(m): 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
missblanche: @nbright: how would you feel if i told you that you have ugly short fingers or that your teeth are ugly or maybe you have an ugly face...Believe me,there are other ways of passing my message across without hurting the next person..

Missblanche don't mind them. You are beautiful created in God's own image.

I've noticed those who are calling you otherwise do not have pictures up- perhaps trying to hide how they look.

I can assure you, you are wonderfully and 'fairfully' made. And this is coming from someone who knows what beauty is.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
@ carmy : nothing of such..he's in his early 30s and he's bin on my case lately..that's all..i wasn't expecting the insult from him..i was taken aback..but i am still happy that its in the past now smiley and thanks again..
@ madrista007 : thanks a lot smiley..i appreciate that..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by SimplYeahmee(m): 9:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
nbright: Forgiveness is a sin... I am not Jesus Christ that I should be giving out scarce resources (forgiveness) freely... I believe that if I'm offended and I forgive, it will give others more reason to offend me knowing that I will still forgive them again and again... I so much believe in the Mosaic law of an eye for an eye...

Bros, U̶̲̥̅̊ harsh ooo
U̶̲̥̅̊ dey talk say U̶̲̥̅̊ no fit to forgive, no be everyday baba God dey forgive U̶̲̥̅̊, abi U̶̲̥̅̊ think say U̶̲̥̅̊ still fit dey alive if baba God dey luk ur sins.
Abeg, find place for ur heart to dey forgive ooo.
Jesus talk am say if ur bro/sis offend U̶̲̥̅̊, no forgive am 7tyms ooo bt 7 * 77 tyms and if U̶̲̥̅̊ fit count am finish make U̶̲̥̅̊ retaliate.
Bros abeg calm down.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Ivynwa(f): 10:35pm On Mar 19, 2013
carmelion:

He did exactly the bolded,that was exactly what he did.He left without an explanation.
In fact he never came in.He just felt like saying something.

grin grin Carm you harsh o-o.
I d' rather not hurt a person by spelling things out if i find something about their body build that i don't like. I prefer to let people down easy.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by 190: 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
alutacontinua:

Hey, longest tym! I MISSED YOU wink wink wink
@carmydoll, no mind my akproko, 're u single or in a relationship

aluta
this one wen u build NYSC CAMP for this thread so
e be like say you single ooh

btw why you nor gree follow me back here on NL angry angry
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by SimplYeahmee(m): 11:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
missblanche: Why are some guys just useless?
All he did was send me a msg saying "joanna,you are beautiful but your forehead spoilt everything"
F**king troll..dear lord!!!my forehead!!what's wrong with my forehead?for the love of God...*whew*
All he was thinking about was my head..

Babe, dnt let any one boil ur spirit. U̶̲̥̅̊ are just too beautiful to let some fool get to U̶̲̥̅̊. Keep ur head high and watch the ryt one come for U̶̲̥̅̊.

Sending Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ a big warm snuggly hug to keep U̶̲̥̅̊ thru the nyt. Sleep tyte girl.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 20, 2013
190:

aluta
this one wen u build NYSC CAMP for this thread so
e be like say you single ooh

btw why you nor gree follow me back here on NL angry angry

angry
I'm just tryna help out with one or two words jor. Is dt a bad idea?
Besides, wot if i'm single; is it a crime

why d 'not following' ish dey pain u na tongue tongue
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 1:41am On Mar 20, 2013
carmelion:

And you believed that his reasons are genuine?.Well I don't know how long they have known each other,but I believe no one has a detachable forhead. Meaning,he saw it the firstday he walked up to her and asked for her phone numbe cos she did not leave it at home.

Besides foreheads do not increase or reduce in size,so its not like he does not like the size anymore.

*I wonder why am even following this topic,cos am yet to see the forehead*

@Missblanche,please I hope you guys didn't.......?By the way,please don't go close to such 'child' again.*sighs*
Hmmmm... Carmy, I am actually suprised you wrote the words that are in bold.. Don't you know that there are styles of weavons/wigs that cover the forehead?... Maybe she was wearing that kind of style when he approached her for the first time, but when he noticed the said foerhead, he might have started looking for another excuses to leave her but since there was none, he had to tell her..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 1:51am On Mar 20, 2013
missblanche: @nbright: how would you feel if i told you that you have ugly short fingers or that your teeth are ugly or maybe you have an ugly face...Believe me,there are other ways of passing my message across without hurting the next person..
If I know that I don't posesse that, why would I be angry?. There was a time carmy said that maybe I am "fair and short" that's why I was saying something, me knowing that I am neither "fair nor short" didn't get angry or disoriented... If you know your forehead is normal, just ignore him and move on..

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 1:54am On Mar 20, 2013
temi4fash:

dats ur perception....
Its all abt preference....
@nbright....
I hail ooo
Chairman I hail too..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 2:05am On Mar 20, 2013
madridsta007:

I've noticed those who are calling you otherwise do not have pictures up- perhaps trying to hide how they look.

You noticed that "those" who are calling her otherwise?. What are "they" calling her?, to the best of my knowledge, I have never called any female/male poster here names... I try my best to avoid any confrontation with people on nairaland, I will rather stop being an active contributor on the thread... Arguements are good as long as it is constructive and devoid of curses..
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 2:12am On Mar 20, 2013
nbright: You noticed that "those" who are calling her otherwise?. What are "they" calling her?, to the best of my knowledge, I have never called any female/male poster here names... I try my best to avoid any confrontation with people on nairaland, I will rather stop being an active contributor on the thread... Arguements are good as long as it is constructive and devoid of curses..

Pls, is it possible that nbright is the guy in question here
Why is he really dragging this issue
Haha! let it go jor....wetin
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Ivynwa(f): 2:22am On Mar 20, 2013
carmelion:

No sensible lady,would tell a guy the real reason why she left especially if it is something beyond his control like stammering,k-legged.e.t.c

the guy that said something about her fore head is simply IMMATURE.I mean what does he want her to do?Hit it inside with a hammer?.By the way,where is the forehead sef cool.hmmm.....,you guys are yet to see fore head na grin

quote me.
Blanche darling,dont mind them,you are hot!i mean hot like chinese food.i like your hairdo,by the way

The bolded made me laugh baad.
@Carm
I thought before that you were harsh, now this is harsher grin grin (If there is an english word like that, yeah but there is)

It wasn't nice and refined of the man to disrespect her like that. If I were to give the guys a piece of advice, it is "Don't you ever tell a woman that she is ugly or that you find so so and so part of her body unlikeable". I am not saying for you not to be honest but there are ways to say stuffs and stuffs will sound real soft.
If a colleague of yours for example does not dress well and you want to tell her to start dressing better you can say it in a way like "Girl, you know you are a beautiful woman. I will really like to see you wearing such fitted skirts and sweet gowns that will enhance your beauty real good". A woman that hears this will never feel bad and think that she has just been told that she has bad dress but that is what you told her without making her feel bad about herself.
Another example is this, an obese/fat lady friend of yours that is too lazy to work on her overweight can gently be coerced into (taking better care of her body) by telling her something like "You know you are a beautiful woman with "killer" hips and waist. I can only imagine what you will look like when you shed some fat that will have your hips and waist well defined". I bet the lady may not wait for work to close that day to hit the gym quickly and go get her "killer" hips and waist defined out and toned down. Lol. You succeeded in telling her "Girl you are too fat and needs to do something fast" without hurting her feelings. Many hard messages can quickly be imparted in others and have them smiling away if the messages are relayed sweetly. It works for me.

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by nbright: 2:25am On Mar 20, 2013
alutacontinua:

Pls, is it possible that nbright is the guy in question here
Why is he really dragging this issue
Haha! let it go jor....wetin
No na, it's not like that. You girls look for qualities in a guy, these are mainly qualities that he has no control over, like his height, complexion and handsomeness now why can't a brother also look for qualities that he wants in a girl?...

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by passionate88: 4:31am On Mar 20, 2013
nbright: No na, it's not like that. You girls look for qualities in a guy, these are mainly qualities that he has no control over, like his height, complexion and handsomeness now why can't a brother also look for qualities that he wants in a girl?...
Gbam to the highest, according to It's Modella
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Winneygirl(f): 6:16am On Mar 20, 2013
My Dear friends, we are dragging dis head issue too much.

She's beautiful, d guy is history, and someone else is in love with d forehead.

I think we should just drop all d analysis.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by madridsta007(m): 8:34am On Mar 20, 2013
nbright: You noticed that "those" who are calling her otherwise?. What are "they" calling her?, to the best of my knowledge, I have never called any female/male poster here names... I try my best to avoid any confrontation with people on nairaland, I will rather stop being an active contributor on the thread... Arguements are good as long as it is constructive and devoid of curses..

I did not quote you or call your name sir. You do not need to be worried if you are not specifically called.
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 20, 2013
missblanche: Anyways i don't need a guy who will keep reminding me how badly shaped some of my physical features are...f**k that..i love my body and i love my forehead and i am grateful for that..
From what I can see,there's NOTHING wrong wt ur forehead... Ure beautiful as u are!
Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
MissBlanche maybe you should try another kind of hairstyle,with bangs to hide your forehead

1 Like

Re: A Thread for Single Ladies :) by biolabee(m): 12:11pm On Mar 20, 2013
Winneygirl: My Dear friends, we are dragging dis head issue too much.

She's beautiful, d guy is history, and someone else is in love with d forehead.

[size=32pt]I think we should just drop all d analysis. [/size]

Re-Quoted for those late to the table

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (181) (Reply)

My Story. Sexlife,cultlife And All. / Miss Nairaland 2015 Winner Is TohPahz / ((Thread Of The Decade)): Busty Black Women of Instagram - 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.