Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,212 members, 7,839,121 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Nairaland Detection Club - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Detection Club (55229 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:23pm On Feb 17, 2013
Rap maestro: Q whaat? No be by Grace aqain? Hey! I don die o,SMH,wether na Q 4 question or que sera
I heard u
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I heard u
ok HBQ,e don do?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 10:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
I reread this thing twice yesterday and once again today before modifying it and pasting it, how come na?
I somehow loved those tense presentations, but now ishilove done catch me and I must repent! sad
grin grin grin
Dayum! Some of the corrections I made were not corrected!
another shows him brushing his teeth
I corrected this stuff and it still came out wrong! Maybe I undid it unknowingly! But now its corrected! grin grin grin
I didnt rush it, I just tried to make it not too easily discernible, I dont read detective novels much but I kinda thought they would have hidded meanings and cryptic stuff that dont need to be said too much and all, I dunno, I just thought so and I tried to do so.
Oya I don jam una Danfo, I be the least learner for here na! i done modify am oooo! Check it out and give me more feedback oooo! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 18, 2013
D next question is to ask efe if she can still cope wit normal chosen date,or she should be given d am extra day,and @redmoss, after telling us dt chief koko was burnt in hip house,how come hip body was found in am hotel again?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 1:17am On Feb 18, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Is it me or was that work rushed?
It was rushed.

Moss, you see sey no be only me notice? At least now I will not be accused of 'bad belle-ism'.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 1:21am On Feb 18, 2013
Redmosquito:
es na! It is the house I mentioned, not the hotel!
I ma reading it again, the tautology stuff was just a way of breaking some fun, some people actually see that and laugh grin grin grin grin, like I'm doing right now grin grin grin grin
That's the point; sometimes you just try too hard. Less is more, like I pointed out to sebonzakura kageyoshi.

Where is that niqqa, by the way?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 1:27am On Feb 18, 2013
Rap maestro: knew it
Knew what, exactly?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 1:40am On Feb 18, 2013
Redmosquito: I reread this thing twice yesterday and once again today before modifying it and pasting it, how come na?
I somehow loved those tense presentations, but now ishilove done catch me and I must repent! sad
grin grin grin
Dayum! Some of the corrections I made were not corrected!

I corrected this stuff and it still came out wrong! Maybe I undid it unknowingly! But now its corrected! grin grin grin
I didnt rush it, I just tried to make it not too easily discernible, I dont read detective novels much but I kinda thought they would have hidded meanings and cryptic stuff that dont need to be said too much and all, I dunno, I just thought so and I tried to do so.
Oya I don jam una Danfo, I be the least learner for here na! i done modify am oooo! Check it out and give me more feedback oooo! grin grin grin grin

Choi, this boy, you remind me of my younger brother! undecided

Anyway, its a lot better now. Next time, take time out to comb through your work with a fine tooth comb.

Whew!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 1:40am On Feb 18, 2013
Red.

I read your update immediately you posted it at 7:10pm and I've just read it now (again).

Can I ask that you stop making changes to the logic of the story? Yes, by all means do adjust your tenses to past rather than present to ensure consistency, but pls do not add or subtract from the storyline, however unappealing it is, okay?

Ishi & Mazi have simply stated the obvious...something I too noticed but didn't want to hurt your feelings. Maclatunji's comments are very much applicable here too, but that's beside the point. You've done your bit. Now let me do mine. You making additions modifying your contribution NOW is messing things up for me.

Yes, amend the grammatical / spelling errors AND your tenses, but no more, okay?
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 1:52am On Feb 18, 2013
Efemena_xy: Red.

I read your update immediately you posted it at 7:10pm and I've just read it now (again).

Can I ask that you stop making changes to the logic of the story? Yes, by all means do adjust your tenses to past rather than present to ensure consistency, but pls do not add or subtract from the storyline, however unappealing it is, okay?

Ishi & Mazi have simply stated the obvious...something I too noticed but didn't want to hurt your feelings. Maclatunji's comments are very much applicable here too, but that's beside the point. You've done your bit. Now let me do mine. You making additions modifying your contribution NOW is messing things up for me.

Yes, amend the grammatical / spelling errors AND your tenses, but no more, okay?
Kai, you want make the whole tin scatter again? Efe abeg make the boy leave am like that otherwise he will tangle himself up in some gangster knots.

And as for the whole logic thing, o baby ehn, I weak when I see the direction the story don enter. Babe, bikonu, redirect it if you can.

Let the subsequent writers please stick to past tense to ensure consistency, and for God's sake try not disorganise the storyline like my bro Moss almost did.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by CrazyMosquito: 2:50am On Feb 18, 2013
Oahray: The mosquito thing is not funny at all undecided
If you looking for funny,re-route down to the jokes section........TF he thinks me funny angry
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 9:11am On Feb 18, 2013
There's no denying the fact that Red's work was rushed. Rushed because it was evidently written on the 17th, pure and simple.

Now apart from the huge pile of grammatical and spelling errors handed over to me, I've also got to deal with the inconsistent usage / mixture of past and present tenses plus a storyline that has a weak logic.

Mazi, you're spot on with your observations about being in such an un-enviable position to be caught in, seeing as the onus is now on me to turn things around.

Larry / Ishi, my work is indeed cut out for me here, isn't it? I'm literally being asked to declutter a junk yard with my bare hands, then mow the lawn with a pen knife.

No pressure. No pressure at all.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 9:15am On Feb 18, 2013
Diamondeva: [b][/b]aunty Efe, ur over seriousness na die. Kai.

I had and still have the right to be vexed or over serious as you so kindly put it - to avoid the $h!t I now have to contend with.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:18am On Feb 18, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I had and still have the right to be vexed or over serious as you so kindly put it - to avoid the $h!t I now have to contend with.
holy moses!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 9:28am On Feb 18, 2013
Efemena_xy:
Larry / Ishi, my work is indeed cut out for me here, isn't it?
Damn right it is undecided
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Sabretooth1(m): 9:29am On Feb 18, 2013
The third writer messed up this thing angry It does not fit in with the preceeding chapters. Alien narration technique.
Why is it you guys are revealing so much info already as if it's on its final chapters? Methinks it ought to be gradual.
Nice job though. I only expected a bit more.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 9:33am On Feb 18, 2013
Take it easy pple.. I can as well qinqah ur spirit wit quessinq..
-Wu b Ayomide?
-Wetin Lucan do am?
-Wu b d mutilated qirl in d pics?
-How he fit enter d death of Chief Koko master?
-The SIM card..wetin qo happen?
-How Lucan qo save himself...?
-The promise he made nko?
All dese and more will b d answer 2 d next chapter
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 9:35am On Feb 18, 2013
I should go and reread the story all over again...for the upteenth time.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 9:37am On Feb 18, 2013
Rap maestro: Take it easy pple.. I can as well qinqah ur spirit wit quessinq..
-Wu b Ayomide?
-Wetin Lucan do am?

No offence intended, but it would have been better for you to keep schtum than type that thing up there.

Credit our readers AND writers with a bit more intelligence, will you?

We aren't here to dish out nursery stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 9:38am On Feb 18, 2013
Rap maestro: Take it easy pple.. I can as well qinqah ur spirit wit quessinq..
-Wu b Ayomide?
-Wetin Lucan do am?
LOL! How are you sure they'll be the answers to the next chapter? Are you going to write the next chapter?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 18, 2013
Larry-Sun:

LOL! How are you sure they'll be the answers to the next chapter? Are you going to write the next chapter?
help me ask am o.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 9:51am On Feb 18, 2013
Efemena, if the time won't be enough for you to write your chapter, please let me know.

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 10:19am On Feb 18, 2013
Larry-Sun:

i can write it but i'm just tryinq 2 help wit all dis fuss nah.. Efe Na Wa 4 U O
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 10:22am On Feb 18, 2013
Lwkmd.. Red Moss,thumb up 2 u jawe... Dis is how we'll know who and who are qoinq 2 try.. Efe don start feelinq jittery..... Don't fall o*#quickly rushes 2 efe side 2 help her incase she won fall#*
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 10:22am On Feb 18, 2013
Rap maestro: i can write it but i'm just tryinq 2 help wit all dis fuss nah.. Efe Na Wa 4 U O
Okay, wait for your turn, Efe is writing this one. grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 10:27am On Feb 18, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Okay, wait for your turn, Efe is writing this one. grin
which turn? Abeqi no dey joke wit me o.. I b ALIBABA pikin.. Anyway lwkmd
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 10:33am On Feb 18, 2013
Rap maestro: which turn? Abeqi no dey joke wit me o.. I b ALIBABA pikin.. Anyway lwkmd
You will write the one millionth chapter.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 10:34am On Feb 18, 2013
Rap maestro: i can write it but i'm just tryinq 2 help wit all dis fuss nah.. Efe Na Wa 4 U O

Really.

Rap maestro: Lwkmd.. Red Moss,thumb up 2 u jawe... Dis is how we'll know who and who are qoinq 2 try.. Efe don start feelinq jittery..... Don't fall o*#quickly rushes 2 efe side 2 help her incase she won fall#*

- 1000 dislikes

Seun should consider creating a "dislike" button, for posts such as these.

No, Rap maestro, I don't need your help neither am I jittery.

Now quit the childish antics, will you? It's unbecoming.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 10:35am On Feb 18, 2013
Larry-Sun:

grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 10:45am On Feb 18, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Really.

- 1000 dislikes

Seun should consider creating a "dislike" button, for posts such as these.

No, Rap maestro, I don't need your help neither am I jittery.

Now quit the childish antics, will you? It's unbecoming.
kyle_XY efemena_xy.... Lemme just pretend dat u like me..even thouqh u hate me *Sobbinq*
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 10:49am On Feb 18, 2013
Larry-Sun:

u funny o...i qo tell Alibaba 2 hire u
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 10:57am On Feb 18, 2013
Rap maestro: kyle_XY efemena_xy.... Lemme just pretend dat u like me..even thouqh u hate me *Sobbinq*

I don't hate you.

Never have, and never will.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (76) (Reply)

To Love And Leave. (story Series) / Wole Soyinka Battled With Prostate Cancer / Lost Of Virginity; An Early Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.