Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,699 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:08 AM

Nairaland Detection Club - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Detection Club (55387 Views)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
Ishilove:
Damn straight. I was writing a series and towards the ending part, I was dallying too long on a particular scene because I was dishing it out piecemeal and was too busy to just write everything once and for all. The wake up call came when semid4lyf bluntly stated that my story was getting boring. That jolted me and gingered me to create time out of NO TIME to finish up the series on my siggy.

That is what criticism, whether positive or negative, should do: ginger us to reach inwards and strive to be better at what we do.

So this is going out to all o' y'all who are waiting for Ishilove to present her submission so that you can rip her creation to pieces because y'all think the biatch too like to dey condemn other people work. The only thing I'm gonna say is. . .

BRING IT ON. cool
Love this Attitude.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 19, 2013
Ishilove:
Damn straight. I was writing a series and towards the ending part, I was dallying too long on a particular scene because I was dishing it out piecemeal and was too busy to just write everything once and for all. The wake up call came when semid4lyf bluntly stated that my story was getting boring. That jolted me and gingered me to create time out of NO TIME to finish up the series on my siggy.

That is what criticism, whether positive or negative, should do: ginger us to reach inwards and strive to be better at what we do.

So this is going out to all o' y'all who are waiting for Ishilove to present her submission so that you can rip her creation to pieces because y'all think the biatch too like to dey condemn other people work. The only thing I'm gonna say is. . .

BRING IT ON. cool
oh i remember room 21 wit d fleshy honourable. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 4:49am On Feb 19, 2013
All right folks, fellow writers and readers - I've pasted the first part of my contribution which basically is to give a brief background description of some of the key characters featuring in this story.

What I'd like you guys to do for me, is to comb through and fish out any grammatical / syntax errors within my write up, so that I can have these corrected before the next writer's update.

Look upon this bit of contribution as the introductory part. The second part would consist mainly of the body / story for which I intend to tie up some of the already introduced characters with the new ones I've introduced.

The last part would be my half-hearted attempt to solve the riddle but, I would invariably create more questions and riddles for the next writer to pick up on.

Okay, let me go get my beauty sleep. Will check back later to read your comments.

Goodnight / morning all! smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 7:08am On Feb 19, 2013
Hey! Efemena don take a sharp turn too.. Well! I'm holdinq ur clothe,so i'm followinq joorh... *SINGING IN LKT'S VOICE,"ANYWHERE U GO,I GO DEY FOLLOW FOLLOW U"*
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by jslimz(f): 8:13am On Feb 19, 2013
I cant believe my eyes Efe. Before your due date you posted, and we still should be looking out for more?

Totally awesome. Kudos!!!!!

I had to comment here before reading.
** zooming off to the collaboration thread***
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by gabialonso(m): 8:43am On Feb 19, 2013
madam efe migwo, i did't xpect anything less.Personally,am luvly dis nw dimension u'hv taken it to....succinct delevery
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Splendblex(f): 9:21am On Feb 19, 2013
Anty Efe, U rock!!! Error no dey ur tory ocheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 19, 2013
Efemena_xy: All right folks, fellow writers and readers - I've pasted the first part of my contribution which basically is to give a brief background description of some of the key characters featuring in this story.

What I'd like you guys to do for me, is to comb through and fish out any grammatical / syntax errors within my write up, so that I can have these corrected before the next writer's update.

Look upon this bit of contribution as the introductory part. The second part would consist mainly of the body / story for which I intend to tie up some of the already introduced characters with the new ones I've introduced.

The last part would be my half-hearted attempt to solve the riddle but, I would invariably create more questions and riddles for the next writer to pick up on.

Okay, let me go get my beauty sleep. Will check back later to read your comments.

Goodnight / morning all! smiley
NICE arrangement...and good post 4rm you.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by MaziOmenuko: 9:56am On Feb 19, 2013
With the introductory part almost hitting the maximum number of page set by Larry for us all to follow, I wonder how lengthy you're planning the 'Main body' of your chapter to be; not to mention the concluding part where you 'intend to solve the riddle'.

All the same, nice work, you gave the work some life.

I was intrigued reading it, but almost had an anti-climax when I saw the reserved spaces for parts 2 and 3.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 10:11am On Feb 19, 2013
@All, thank you for your encouraging comments so far.

There's still a fair amount of work I've got do here before my deadline, and I can only hope my input meets your expectations and high standards.

@ Mazi, thanks for your kind words. Anti-climax eh? Lol! Nah, I'm giving it to you hard...but you'll cope. I know you will... wink
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Tomeseen(f): 10:24am On Feb 19, 2013
There is a typo in your title. Thought you would have seen that since you posted. (Vengeance) . Apart from that i didn't expect your storyline and all i can say now is 'where is she going with this' waiting for you to bring me home because me i don lost oh. angry Btw thats why its a detection collabo right? cool
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Rapmaestro(m): 10:25am On Feb 19, 2013
Dis Part Two stunt z a way 2 extort money from us just 2 view dis movie... TIME 2 CONTACT MY ALABA-BOIZ.. Una qo know now.. All na joke o..
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 19, 2013
Efemena_xy: @All, thank you for your encouraging comments so far.
In the same way you should be ENCOURAGING...even if you are critisizing any anyone.
Once again great post...look forward to seeing how your characters playout in the story.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 10:46am On Feb 19, 2013
Damn! Efe, you did justice to your part. Two more updates would only steal the show angry

Just kidding. Ride on jare. Love your introduction of the FB (or is it twitter?) circle of friends.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by stokolie(m): 11:48am On Feb 19, 2013
kudos to all those whose submission i have read on the story page. to all the writers you all deserve alomo to replenish all the mental and physical fuel employed on this task. larry abeg tear me my own viewer's slip to avoid harassment.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Oahray: 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
Ishilove:

BRING IT ON. cool
[size=52pt] OKAY! [/size] grin grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 9:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
Nice and rather intriguing. The plot thickens... The circle of biatches...grin Lol

Except for very few wrong spellings and wrong usage of verbs, your submission is a-okay. smiley

Might I make a suggestion? This work is a collaboration. Each writer gives his piece and steps aside. I suggest you submit everything once and for all so that the next writer will know which angle to tackle the story from. I am suggesting this because you have give us the impression that the chapter isn't done yet. Unless I'm wrong, but if I am right, then the piecemeal updates of your chapter will distract the next writer from proper planning of his submission.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 19, 2013
Oahray: [size=52pt] OKAY! [/size] grin grin
[/size][/b]
OKAY TOO grin grin grin[size=8pt]
[b]
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Ishilove: Nice and rather intriguing. The plot thickens... The circle of biatches...grin Lol

Except for very few wrong spellings and wrong usage of verbs, your submission is a-okay. smiley

Might I make a suggestion? This work is a collaboration. Each writer gives his piece and steps aside. I suggest you submit everything once and for all so that the next writer will know which angle to tackle the story from. I am suggesting this because you have give us the impression that the chapter isn't done yet. Unless I'm wrong, but if I am right, then the piecemeal updates of your chapter will distract the next writer from proper planning of his submission.
you have just said what I wanted to say all morning.

@ Efe y don't you let Mazi take it from where you stopped? When your chapter is lengthy it leaves us nothing to work onto, since you want to solve the cultism on your own. Wonder what social network is that.

Well apart from it all, I enjoyed reading it, though it is very Gory, Typical nigerian storyline. Lemme let my imagination run wild... wink

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 12:17am On Feb 20, 2013
@ Ishi 'n Humble, I hear you both.

Look at it this way. My contribution is big, so I prefer to cut my work into smaller, manageable chunks...you know, like have a beginning, middle & end.

I'm just into planning my work out...or maybe I'm just an organizing freak?

Thanks for the suggestions all the same - they've been duly noted.

cheers.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by gabialonso(m): 12:23am On Feb 20, 2013
@efe hup u'll still meet wit ur deadline in view of dis ur "big contribution"
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 12:41am On Feb 20, 2013
Weldone, Efe. It's a nice chapter you are creating. If you can still meet up with deadline, then ride on. I said 1500words at least, I didn't say the words cannot be more. A chapter can contain as much as 5000 or even 10'000words. The most important thing though is to plot a worthwhile story therefrom. I believe you're going to leave enough pointers for the next writers to work on. I already wrote it in the first page that where one writer might believe he has tied loose ends, another writers might just pick up from there and give the story a different direction, but not vying away from the theme though.

But, Efe, you left me confused when you brought in Agbani Darego. Remember that Agbani Darego is an actual person living. She is the former Miss World. I just introduced her in the dream of Lucan's. I never imagined that she'd really be created as a character. I wouldn't want Agbani sueing us all o. But seeing that you've got more arrows in your quiver, I'll just keep my thumbs crossed grin Weldone again.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 12:46am On Feb 20, 2013
st.okolie:
larry abeg tear me my own viewer's slip to avoid harassment.
Viewer's slip? Lost! Lost!! Lost!!!
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 2:18am On Feb 20, 2013
gabialonso: @efe hup u'll still meet wit ur deadline in view of dis ur "big contribution"

Almost there, dear. Take a look. smiley

Larry-Sun:
Weldone, Efe. It's a nice chapter you are creating. If you can still meet up with deadline, then ride on. I said 1500words at least, I didn't say the words cannot be more. A chapter can contain as much as 5000 or even 10'000words. The most important thing though is to plot a worthwhile story therefrom. I believe you're going to leave enough pointers for the next writers to work on. I already wrote it in the first page that where one writer might believe he has tied loose ends, another writers might just pick up from there and give the story a different direction, but not vying away from the theme though.

But, Efe, you left me confused when you brought in Agbani Darego. Remember that Agbani Darego is an actual person living. She is the former Miss World. I just introduced her in the dream of Lucan's. I never imagined that she'd really be created as a character. I wouldn't want Agbani sueing us all o. But seeing that you've got more arrows in your quiver, I'll just keep my thumbs crossed grin Weldone again.

Thanks Larry,

Let's see how far I can go with this thing eh?

Re: Agbani D, I had no idea it's a real life character. No, you're right - one's got to be careful with these things. Okay, I've change her name to Amina Dasuntu. I think you should do the same thing too on your piece for consistency.

Thanks for alerting me to this though. Methinks, perhaps I need to get more involved in the world of beauty and fashion... cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 3:33am On Feb 20, 2013
Okay, I'm gonna change the name asap. By the way, the constant use of 'babes' between Lucan and his paramour seems too monotonous.

Still haven't explained the link between Lucan's adventure in the dream and the burnt mansion in reality.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 4:02am On Feb 20, 2013
Larry-Sun:
Okay, I'm gonna change the name asap. By the way, the constant use of 'babes' between Lucan and his paramour seems too monotonous.

grin grin grin Amended.

Larry-Sun:

Still haven't explained the link between Lucan's adventure in the dream and the burnt mansion in reality.

Ah! Maybe I'll leave that bit for the next contributor to unravel, yes? tongue cheesy
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by LarrySun(m): 4:15am On Feb 20, 2013
These are the few errors I've been able to catch for now:

1. Strewn carelessly besides them on the floor were some loose bits of change...

2. "You, my dear Suleman, are one very sick man[b]",[/b] she grinned cheekily.
The commas should be reflected in the quotes, and not out of them.

3. I think I'm quite disappointed with you today.

4. Yes, they were there allright, all five of them online...

5. Someone who was probably a lot closer to him than he aware of...

6. For some inexplicable reason...

7. ...informing him that that would be using his flat for his latest "runz"...

Sooo sleepy I am now...later.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by stokolie(m): 4:52am On Feb 20, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Viewer's slip? Lost! Lost!! Lost!!!
what do u mean, not when it my old woman's turn that 'akara' would turn 2 stone.
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by EfemenaXY: 5:29am On Feb 20, 2013
Larry-Sun:
These are the few errors I've been able to catch for now:

1. Strewn carelessly besides them on the floor were some loose bits of change...

2. "You, my dear Suleman, are one very sick man[b]",[/b] she grinned cheekily.
The commas should be reflected in the quotes, and not out of them.

3. I think I'm quite disappointed with you today.

4. Yes, they were there allright, all five of them online...

5. Someone who was probably a lot closer to him than he aware of...

6. For some inexplicable reason...

7. ...informing him that that would be using his flat for his latest "runz"...

Sooo sleepy I am now...later.

Cheers Larry.

I've made the correction as pointed out by you. I'm not entirely sure what the correction for the sixth item should be. Nonetheless, thanks for the alert. I guess I'm done now with my contribution. This is as far as I can go given the limited time frame I had at my disposal.

So, the next writer - Mazi should feel free to continue from where I left off.

Cheers! smiley
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Ishilove: 5:41am On Feb 20, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Almost there, dear. Take a look. smiley

Thanks Larry,

Let's see how far I can go with this thing eh?

Re: Agbani D, I had no idea it's a real life character. No, you're right - one's got to be careful with these things. Okay, I've change her name to Amina Dasuntu. I think you should do the same thing too on your piece for consistency.

Efe, what planet are you from?

You don't know Agbani Darego?? shocked

Let Lucan leave Agbani in his piece because she is the subject of many men's dreams. grin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by MaziOmenuko: 6:24am On Feb 20, 2013
@Larry,
I've finished my work already. Can I submit it now?

It contains just two words: "THE END"

gringringrin
Re: Nairaland Detection Club by Redmosquito(m): 7:37am On Feb 20, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: @Larry,
I've finished my work already. Can I submit it now?

It contains just two words: "THE END"

gringringrin

E be like say Oxygen don taya u abi!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (76) (Reply)

The Bond That Can Never Be Broken / Funny 40 Alleged Quotes From President ROBERT MUGABE / Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.