Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,030 members, 7,818,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? (22152 Views)

Wow! I Never Knw They Hate Silent Treatment / Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / The Silent Treatment - What You Are Saying By Not Saying Anything At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by 5much(m): 9:27pm On Feb 03, 2013
silent treatment after 1 or 2 days is not advisable.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by strangest(m): 9:27pm On Feb 03, 2013
BEST... better than being a spouse beater and it hurts more too

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by reeeT(f): 9:29pm On Feb 03, 2013
preshuzpearl:
cry
. For the best
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by member14: 9:38pm On Feb 03, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Well, there's not wanting to talk, and then there's the silent treatment. When I'm angry, I prefer not talking about the situation any further. Not until I've calmed down and can think without emotions making me say something I'll later regret. I don't give the silent treatment. It's childish. I can't use energy to go out of my way to not talk to someone with the intent of either angering him or getting my way.[/size]

I dont think your comment is tangible cuz you are in a long distance relationship... So how the hell will you be silent with a old papa youngy albino that lives 10,000 miles away or do you tripple date? lipsrsealed
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by devour129: 9:44pm On Feb 03, 2013
Never seen a person that can keep malice like mi hubby,sometimes I think av made a mistake cos am not the carrying. Face type,am the chatty type,in fact I see is as mi duty to make everyone happy.but when mi hubby starts that silence thing,it can go on for weeks and the good is that is when I collect all the money I can get from him ! I just make good things out of bad situation.the guy will be carrying face so I will just send text,we need so and so cos he does not want to talk he will just drop the money unlike when we are talking he will give million reason why I should wait or I give million reasons why I need the money so now I look forward to the malice,more money for me,less stress for me grin

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Leopantro: 9:48pm On Feb 03, 2013
can someone tell me how to overcome this? my girlfriend that I want to marry uses this a lot.you need the patience of the gods not to shout at her.when she gets angry she uses this then I would have to beg and plead and pet her before she responds.
the other day she did it again and I just had it.I didn't say a word to her. she left and I didn't follow her. five minutes later she came back pleading and said she was only playing. sometimes I wish she would be serious and solve things like a guy
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by chikeorji123(m): 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
On 2011..my lady use it on me for almost 5days which l pleaded with her...though my fualt but along the line as l went out with my coleague b/c l was devastated..at the spot l see an old school female friend,combo! we exchange no after almost 30mins bla bla the rest is history even my coleague encourage me to try this new school friend...since they hated that my lady she too hot tempered..they too even call her.,that's how l decline to beg her again..After a week plus she started calling but my mind are already on the other damsel..hoping that she ill move on..o boy come see crying and begging as l declared is over...all her pleading with tears soaking her clothe..though l try to change my mind but the more she cry the more l love the other new one...she really suprise me l thought she wont care..but too late..
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by ldpele(m): 9:55pm On Feb 03, 2013
am so loving this thread,cos that is my most powerful tool i use on my GF,one of which,she actualy thought that i have moved on with my life,but i dont see anytin wrong with it,ever1 has his or her korrectve measures and any that works for u,u use it
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by sophy09: 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
This is a habit I kinda grew up with. I was always sulking when I was young and it got the attention of my parent and siblings. They all come around to find out what is going on with me. Now that I am older, I thank God that my partner recognizes that I do this a lot. Although I am trying to stop it. The good thing is that he come around to apologize when he is guilty but if I am the guilty person I am on my own.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by lekpalicious(f): 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
My bf is the type who loves giving silent treatment while I"m the type who wants us to let it out and get it over with. He says he does that cos he does not want to say something he"ll regret later, so when he has cooled down then we talk abt it. It usually last a few hours longest a day but beyond that we are only torturing ourselfs lol.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2013
شهيد عبدالكريم :
I dont think your comment is tangible cuz you are in a long distance relationship... So how the hell will you be silent with a old papa youngy albino that lives 10,000 miles away or do you tripple date? lipsrsealed

[size=13pt]I have past experiences with the silent treatment. I won't be doing it in another relationship and I hope no one does it to me either.[/size]
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by member14: 10:03pm On Feb 03, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I have past experiences with the silent treatment. I won't be doing it in another relationship and I hope no one does it to me either.[/size]

Awwww..ok...

Btw.... The 49ers are going down today again. cheesy
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Bright4(m): 10:10pm On Feb 03, 2013
i prefa dt method too...cos it wok 4me.infact,i stl deployd silence treatment on my gf @ui,n she s suffrin frm dt killer called silence treatment.yeah!i cal it killer,cos it wil expose u to state of confussion...especially 4dos who dont understand it.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by yme1(f): 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2013
The only reason/time I give the silent treatment is when I'm angry . Except that,I hate giving the silent treatment and I don't like people giving me the silent treatment either. I could literally kill that person if I could

Silent treatment for a long time based on little argument is just childish and silly
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by lettered: 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2013
I do dat often with my wife,although I come back 2 make peace, which really does my ego bad. She's as stubborn as it gets.Trying 2 have a heart 2 heart usually leads 2 her shouting and really getting very rude. While am trying 2 keep a calm voice she flares up & gets d neighbours' attention, which is one of d things I hate most in life. The silent treatment has obviously been my only way out. She knows I'll always come around so it's no longer a big deal 2 her giving the silent treatment 4 a couple of days,but I think she just might be surprised soon.One day monkey go go market,no go return

3 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by victorD3: 10:17pm On Feb 03, 2013
I do it sometimes till my girl apologizes for whatever she did. She uses it on me sometimes but often still comes back to beg after 2 to 3 days because I beat her on her own game.

I have a strong heart that my mom used to call me Pharaoh.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by claremont(m): 10:19pm On Feb 03, 2013
Some people have often been described as "men of little words". They are naturally reserved, and they become more reserved when angry. It is better to be seen as someone who gives the silent treatment (whatever that means), than to be viewed as someone who is physically or verbally abusive.

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 03, 2013
Nah, I prefer giving that one off 'look'. You know that look your mom gives you that requires no further discussion. That look of shear disappointment that says it all.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by snthesis(m): 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
E b like say we get plenti dokita [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]4hia, wich one b silent treatment again, abeg wetin it dey cure
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by avolink(m): 10:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
lettered: I do dat often with my wife,although I come back 2 make peace, which really does my ego bad. She's as stubborn as it gets.Trying 2 have a heart 2 heart usually leads 2 her shouting and really getting very rude. While am trying 2 keep a calm voice she flares up & gets d neighbours' attention, which is one of d things I hate most in life. The silent treatment has obviously been my only way out. She knows I'll always come around so it's no longer a big deal 2 her giving the silent treatment 4 a couple of days,but I think she just might be surprised soon.One day monkey go go market,no go return
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by AZeD1(m): 10:26pm On Feb 03, 2013
snthesis: E b like say we get plenti donuts 4hia, such one b silent treatment again, abeg wetin it dey cure
The silent treatment dey cure foolishness
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by avolink(m): 10:26pm On Feb 03, 2013
lettered: I do dat often with my wife,although I come back 2 make peace, which really does my ego bad. She's as stubborn as it gets.Trying 2 have a heart 2 heart usually leads 2 her shouting and really getting very rude. While am trying 2 keep a calm voice she flares up & gets d neighbours' attention, which is one of d things I hate most in life. The silent treatment has obviously been my only way out. She knows I'll always come around so it's no longer a big deal 2 her giving the silent treatment 4 a couple of days,but I think she just might be surprised soon.One day monkey go go market,no go return

Xaktly d same wt me and i cant help it.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by SensualMan: 10:26pm On Feb 03, 2013
I do dat alot. Specially wen am mad wif u or mad at sumtn but it only lasts for few hours.
We cnt rlly do witout silent treatment, is a trait in evry human bein, even in animals for example dogs, sumtyms ur dog givs u d silent treatment. The most important thing is 2 knw d limit we xtend the treatment hence it breeds malice.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Orikinla(m): 10:26pm On Feb 03, 2013
BAD. VERY BAD. We have discussed it on the romance board several times. Silent treatment is unhealthy. You are only hurting yourself. For me, I simply let it out and life goes on. Silent treatment is bitterness and bitterness will only prolong your sadness.Those who don't know how to forgive don't know how to love. No matter how long they pretend, the sadness of their bitterness is like a lingering heart ache.

3 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by snthesis(m): 10:30pm On Feb 03, 2013
A-ZeD:

The silent treatment dey cure foolishness
Ehm! Bro did it work

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by AZeD1(m): 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2013
snthesis:
Ehm! Bro did it work
A trial will confuse convince you
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2013
Silent treatment is emotional abuse and it can lead to a break up in any relationship if the receiving party snaps!the longest I have treated my bf with silent treatment is two weeks!
I just don't know when to stop sad ...
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by kandiikane(m): 10:40pm On Feb 03, 2013
y me: The only reason/time I give the silent treatment is when I'm angry . Except that,I hate giving the silent treatment and I don't like people giving me the silent treatment either. I could literally kill that person if I could

Silent treatment for a long time based on little argument is just childish and silly

I know right! I'm getting the silent treatment from someone I care deeply about and because of his ego, he's trying to show me he's the man and teach me a lesson(that's what I deduced from it). I feel hurt and disappointment and I've been texting him but all I get is stone cold replies after like 2days *sharpens cutlass* nigga dey piss me off bad.
Anyways, no sweating. If I let my own pride take over ehn! Hm

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Leopantro: 10:44pm On Feb 03, 2013
know that one woman's Vaseline is another woman's MaryKay. as someone wrote earlier, his girlfriend was giving him the silent treatment and lost him to another girl. also for the guys, remember the car of the banker that killed his wife. you don't know when you might push someone beyond hoods or her limits then later regret your actions
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by victorian(f): 10:46pm On Feb 03, 2013
Silent treatment? I don't try it at all, likewise my hubby too... We can't stand malice in the air..sharp sharp, apologies comes up and end of mata..phew !...so relieving... I hate silent treatment like crazy, can't stand it.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Leopantro: 10:50pm On Feb 03, 2013
NnekaGirl: Silent treatment is emotional abuse and it can lead to a break up in any relationship if the receiving party snaps!the longest I have treated my bf with silent treatment is two weeks!
I just don't know when to stop sad ...

girl, stop that. two Weeks? you are very lucky he's still there for you. I could be crazy about you but if you can't talk about your issues like an adult and prefer to keep malice for two Weeks then bone, i'm better off without you. there are other fishes in the sea. what makes you think there aren't girls waiting for the opportunity to grab your guy from you?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Don't Give Flowers To Us: Why? / "Women Have More Opportunities To Cheat Than Men, Men Shouldn't Blame Devil" / Can People Really Change If They Love Someone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.