Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? (22133 Views)

Wow! I Never Knw They Hate Silent Treatment / Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? / The Silent Treatment - What You Are Saying By Not Saying Anything At All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by TLore(m): 10:53pm On Feb 03, 2013
Good or bad? I'll take a third option: Childish.

Orikinla: BAD. VERY BAD. We have discussed it on the romance board several times. Silent treatment is unhealthy. You are only hurting yourself. For me, I simply let it out and life goes on. Silent treatment is bitterness and bitterness will only prolong your sadness.Those who don't know how to forgive don't know how to love. No matter how long they pretend, the sadness of their bitterness is like a lingering heart ache.

I agree with you my brother, WELL SAID.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
Leopantro:

girl, stop that. two Weeks? you are very lucky he's still there for you. I could be crazy about you but if you can't talk about your issues like an adult and prefer to keep malice for two Weeks then bone, i'm better off without you. there are other fishes in the sea. what makes you think there aren't girls waiting for the opportunity to grab your guy from you?

Abi oo. Ibeg, tell her make she hear oo....2 weeks keh! why on earth would you do that Please, please and please, stop it! it's a very bad attitude. What exactly do you try to gain from it
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by lettered: 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
avolink:

Xaktly d same wt me and i cant help it.

It kld be frustrating bro. A lot of ppl don't actually understand this dimension 2 it.U'r d man,and u'r d one being 'bullied' sort of.Why? Cos u want 2 be d ideal hubby;u don't wanna abuse her verbally,physically or emotionally then she takes u 4 granted. U give her d silent treatment and still come back 2 make peace. Sometimes u begin 2 wonder u'r not making a mistake by acting d 'sheep', plus when u change now,na ur own dem go dey see.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by AZeD1(m): 10:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
NnekaGirl: Silent treatment is emotional abuse and it can lead to a break up in any relationship if the receiving party snaps!the longest I have treated my bf with silent treatment is two weeks!
I just don't know when to stop sad ...
2 weeks and he did not leave you?
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by NOIBMUUL(m): 10:58pm On Feb 03, 2013
What is silent treatment again? Malice is Malice. Why must you keep malice in the first place? Even the devil knows that communication is imperative for a healthy relationship.

...and we are wondering why marriages don't last!!!

2 Likes

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 03, 2013
Leopantro:

girl, stop that. two Weeks? you are very lucky he's still there for you. I could be crazy about you but if you can't talk about your issues like an adult and prefer to keep malice for two Weeks then bone, i'm better off without you. there are other fishes in the sea. what makes you think there aren't girls waiting for the opportunity to grab your guy from you?

Yes two weeks and I started hurting myself in the process but I just don't know when to stop, he told me exactly what you‘ve just said and I am teaching myself to start talking about things even if he does not want to talk about things sometimes(that the reason why I go on this long lol I am not crazy )
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 03, 2013
NnekaGirl:

Yes two weeks and I started hurting myself in the process but I just don't know when to stop, he told me exactly what you‘ve just said and I am teaching myself to start talking about things even if he does not want to talk about things sometimes(that the reason why I go on this long lol I am not crazy )

I think the first step is that you should try and figure out what drives you to engage in the attitude i.e. what is your aim or reason for doing it in the first instance From there, you can figure out how to stop
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Kzinne: 11:05pm On Feb 03, 2013
Hotie Tima: well it's can be Good when your trying to
have things ur way!! but sometimes i really do piss the crap out of my bebe when i give him the silent treatment
i just don't like to talk too much when i am mad of else the convo will turn nasty.

but i have seem some people taking this method to another level undecided undecided
which even cost them break-ups at the end of the day.
if dats u in d profile pic, then u are very fugly. go and jump into d lagoon real quick bitch
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 03, 2013
A-ZeD:

2 weeks and he did not leave you?

he did not, he just started living his life like I do not exist ,that's when I started hurting badly! !!but I could not go to him sad ...until he came and told me one day I am gona regret and I know I will if I don't stop .
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Kzinne: 11:06pm On Feb 03, 2013
Hotie Tima: well it's can be Good when your trying to
have things ur way!! but sometimes i really do piss the crap out of my bebe when i give him the silent treatment
i just don't like to talk too much when i am mad of else the convo will turn nasty.

but i have seem some people taking this method to another level undecided undecided
which even cost them break-ups at the end of the day.
if dats u in d profile pic, then u are very ugly. go and jump into d lagoon real quick bitch
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by obowunmi(m): 11:11pm On Feb 03, 2013
To say the truth, I hate being ignored. If you give me the silent treatment, I won't even bother with you again.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
alutacontinua:

I think the first step is that you should try and figure out what drives you to engage in the attitude i.e. what is your aim or reason for doing it in the first instance From there, you can figure out how to stop

Yes and I am praying on myself too,I don't want to lose him one day
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by TLore(m): 11:23pm On Feb 03, 2013
Nneka abeg stop soon o, or get a friend willing to help, before you end up learning the hard way.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by star4(f): 11:27pm On Feb 03, 2013
Bad! It's cruel and becomes mental torture for the other person. It's a very selfish, childish, and controlling way to be. Not nice at all. no human alive wants to be ignored.

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by True2myself24(f): 11:38pm On Feb 03, 2013
vanstanzy: Two people can't be raising their voices at the same time, that's where the silent treatment is good, to ensure peace.

I dont agree with that. That's why its important to learn how to argue well. It really pisses me off when I have an argument with my boyfriend and he's quiet the whole time and he doesn't say anything, under the excuse of wanting me to calm down. I'm a very expressive person so if there's a problem I'd prefer for us to talk it out as adults instead of him just staring at me, and not saying anything in response to my concerns, only for him to bring up the issue a day later when he thinks I've calmed down.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by True2myself24(f): 11:45pm On Feb 03, 2013
Leopantro: can someone tell me how to overcome this? my girlfriend that I want to marry uses this a lot.you need the patience of the gods not to shout at her.when she gets angry she uses this then I would have to beg and plead and pet her before she responds.
the other day she did it again and I just had it.I didn't say a word to her. she left and I didn't follow her. five minutes later she came back pleading and said she was only playing. sometimes I wish she would be serious and solve things like a guy

Well if you're going to marry her you just need to ask yourself if you're willing to deal with that kind of behavior. If you notice a flaw in your partner before marriage just be very aware of it because what you see is what you get and certain behaviors won't change after marriage like we hope they would.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by True2myself24(f): 11:51pm On Feb 03, 2013
شهيد عبدالكريم :

Awwww..ok...

Btw.... The 49ers are going down today again. cheesy

In Jesus' name!!! grin
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
very very very bad. Dont even start it.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Leopantro: 11:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
I know and she knows it too and we are both working on it. I usually step back and ask myself, in 5 years time is this what I will be receiving in marriage? if i'm not happy with it we discuss about it. nobody is perfect and waiting for the perfect woman will give you gray hair. thank God she is changing gradually.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by True2myself24(f): 12:01am On Feb 04, 2013
Leopantro: I know and she knows it too and we are both working on it. I usually step back and ask myself, in 5 years time is this what I will be receiving in marriage? if i'm not happy with it we discuss about it. nobody is perfect and waiting for the perfect woman will give you gray hair. thank God she is changing gradually.

Thats good for you
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by legendprac(m): 12:26am On Feb 04, 2013
If u care abt ur rshp, stop using d silent treatment... U might tink it's still working without knowing u have already lost dat guy/girl.....

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by redcliff: 12:32am On Feb 04, 2013
[size=20pt]what woud you guys think of someone who gives his chick the silent treatment for a month and a week grin grin grin *covering face*[/size]
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 12:33am On Feb 04, 2013
reeeT: . For the best
you sure?
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 12:33am On Feb 04, 2013
redcliff: [size=20pt]what woud you guys think of someone who gives his chick the silent treatment for a month and a week grin grin grin *covering face*[/size]

're u suo he is a guy shocked
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by redcliff: 12:34am On Feb 04, 2013
alutacontinua:

're u suo he is a guy shocked

lol. meaning?
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 12:34am On Feb 04, 2013
شهيد عبدالكريم :

I dont think your comment is tangible cuz you are in a long distance relationship... So how the hell will you be silent with a old papa youngy albino that lives 10,000 miles away or do you tripple date?

yepa lipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 04, 2013
redcliff:

lol. meaning?

meaning which guy does dt
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by GBOYEGA255(m): 12:40am On Feb 04, 2013
As far as I am concerned I dislike using this method but I have a gf that is very good in this hiding under pretense of mood swing and I have told her severally that we should always talk things out instead of her using that kind of method but as I am tying this message we are both on the third day of the method. I am ready for it until she comes back to her senses.
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by True2myself24(f): 12:52am On Feb 04, 2013
redcliff: [size=20pt]what woud you guys think of someone who gives his chick the silent treatment for a month and a week grin grin grin *covering face*[/size]

Shame on you tongue tongue tongue
Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 1:04am On Feb 04, 2013
GBOYEGA255: As far as I am concerned I dislike using this method but I have a gf that is very good in this hiding under pretense of mood swing and I have told her severally that we should always talk things out instead of her using that kind of method but as I am tying this message we are both on the third day of the method. I am ready for it until she comes back to her senses.

It's not a competition,please just try to talk to her .I am sure you miss her already. smiley

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 04, 2013

Does that relationship exist anymore?

1 Like

Re: Silent Treatment In Relationship Good/bad? by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 04, 2013
NnekaGirl:

It's not a competition,please just try to talk to her .I am sure you miss her already. smiley

@Gboyega, i agree with dis but while u're at it, pls, point it out to her calmly nd firmly dt d next tym she repeats it, she should better be ready to forget about you or d relationship.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Types Of Friends Essential For Every Woman / What Are You Benefitting From Your Current Relationship Now / How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.