Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match (34245 Views)

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria: CHAN Qualifier - (2 - 0) On 27th July 2013 / Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria - AFCON 2013 - (1 - 2) - On 3rd February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by Beync(f): 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
I stopped watching super eagles matches due to they usually rise my HBP, but this one was worth watching.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by BlueMurder(m): 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2013
Omeruo-the young chap who defends with panache and finese. Baby-faced warrior!

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by tommykiwi(m): 8:27pm On Feb 03, 2013
Roland17: FOR ALL THOSE WHO QUESTIONED KESHI'S CREDIBILITY AS COACH, ALL I CAN SAY IS ARE U WATCHING?

AN UNKNOWN SUNDAY MBAH FROM WARRI WOLVES WHO'S INCLUSION WAS QUESTIONED BY MANY HAS GIVEN NIGERIA THE TICKET TO THE SEMI FINALS..

KESHI DESERVES SOME CREDIT, LIKE SOMEONE SAID, THIS IS THE BEST WE HAVE SEEN FROM THE EAGLES IN YEARS...

KESHI ALL THE WAY, HIS STRATEGY WORKED, EVEN WHEN IVORY COAST EQUALIZED, HE STUCK TO IT.
You done dey speak big English now,how am I not sure you are not among those Questioning Keshi when we drew our first two matches?

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by Igwe9(m): 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2013
Pls let us not bring disunity in the team, I belong to paul and they belong to Appolos. A tree can never make a forest, hence I advise we open up our eyes and see the bigger picture here. All the players tried and did what they were supposed to do, all can not score goal at the same time.
There is no man of the man, they worked as a team and they got the needed result, so let us not cause problem where none exists.

This same thing killed our super eagles during the time of yekini, where he was been fed with a ball and he will score and takes the glory alone until his team members felt jealous and felt like scoring themselves and the rest is the story.

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by pazienza(m): 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2013
My men of the match are:

omerua,for keeping drogba at bay,did any one else see how he took the ball away from traore,when he was about to shoot the ball into our net? Solid performance from him.

Victor moses. He provided the creativity that this team seem to have lacked before now,he was everywhere,could have gotten an assist to his name,if ideye was a bit more clinical with his finishing.

Mikel obi. He was the invincible man of the match,the rock upon which our midfield was built,he gave us the stabilty we needed,worked for the team,never went for self glory,was glad to stay behind while his team mates pushed forward,knowing that if they lose the ball,he would give them protection.

Emenike tried,but i felt he should have scored that sitter he blasted over,his free kick had much power but little or no direction,it became goal because of poor goal keeping on the part of mr barry,if nigeria is to win this trophy,emenike must learn to finish off his chances.
Ambrose,onazi,mba,oboabona,enyeama all had a good outing. Echiejile needs to improve,he remains our weakest link.

4 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by Fussbot: 8:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
Omeruo
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by slimghost(m): 8:51pm On Feb 03, 2013
My Men of the match! Omeruo,Mba and Moses. Shout out to Onazi and Oboabuna for their the dirty works.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by Donfaray(m): 8:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
Chelsea material ... MOSES ! His touches A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ superb . Up blues !
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by cashcpt(m): 8:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
shymexx: Everyone EXCEPT the left back...

Emenike scored a great goal and he was powerful as usual...

Brown held the line upfront well...

Victor Moses dazzled the Ivorians with his skills and crosses...

Mikel/Onazi played well in the midfield...

Ambrose did well against Gervinho and he linked up well with the attack...

The two centre-backs were AWESOME!!

Enyeama did well in goal!!

Kudos to the lads, you made me proud and gave me free £500 today!!! grin cool

Up next is the Superbowl - 49ers!!! cool

Correct person live action here..Iheigbo on Point!!!
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by Fussbot: 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2013
Mehn!man utd must 2 sign that guy cald OMERUO mehn d guy 2 gud 2 be at chelsea..we cumin 4 u lad!best player in d trnment so far
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by AdeniyiA(m): 9:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
MBAMEMOSES!
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by elampiro(m): 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2013
elampiro: Where are all the critics? Where are Nigerians calling Eagles chickens? Where are the people who called for Keshi's sack. Where are the impatient Nigerians and doubting Thomases? Where are those who said Dike, Osazee, Kalu and Martins should have done better? Keshi go ahead and rebuild a new powerful Super Eagles.

Where is Ebuoe, the Ivory Coast defender who said they will roast Eagles like chickens? He must be crying now.
grin grin grin

Eboue has just apologised to Nigerians on twitter:

King Emmanuel Eboue @TheRealEboue
I apologies to all Nigerians that might find my tweets offensive or sensitive. It's meant to be jokes and funny. I am sorry. #moveOn
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by pgiddy(m): 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2013
frankyod: l give it 2 sunday mba who has bin doing his tin since secondary skul my Wondaful senior in saint josephs college,ondo 2001 set...more power 2 his elbow
dat means Sunday Mba shld be arnd 30yrss of age by now,dnt tell me he is claiming 19yrs old again oh

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by Gbenge77(m): 9:09pm On Feb 03, 2013
Drogba visited the EAGLES dressing room after the match and told him,'WIN THE CUP FOR US'.I think thats an exemplary spirit of sportsmanship

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by emmalezy(m): 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2013
Roland17: FOR ALL THOSE WHO QUESTIONED KESHI'S CREDIBILITY AS COACH, ALL I CAN SAY IS ARE U WATCHING?

AN UNKNOWN SUNDAY MBAH FROM WARRI WOLVES WHO'S INCLUSION WAS QUESTIONED BY MANY HAS GIVEN NIGERIA THE TICKET TO THE SEMI FINALS..

KESHI DESERVES SOME CREDIT, LIKE SOMEONE SAID, THIS IS THE BEST WE HAVE SEEN FROM THE EAGLES IN YEARS...

KESHI ALL THE WAY, HIS STRATEGY WORKED, EVEN WHEN IVORY COAST EQUALIZED, HE STUCK TO IT.

Mba is from Enugu rangers ok.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by Mcleo007(m): 9:13pm On Feb 03, 2013
Mikel Obi is my man of the match. He shut down the Ivoirien engine room (Yaya) and made a crucial interception that was destined for the net. He was our unsung hero. The game plan was centred on him and he executed to near perfection.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by lekejob(m): 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
Victor Moses
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by Sanmexy(m): 9:19pm On Feb 03, 2013
MVP=1 player.
My Man of d match is Kenneth Omeruo, because he read his tackles well, combined well with Oboabona, defended doggedly, & was instrumenter in d build-up 2 Mba's solo effort.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by Gbenge77(m): 9:21pm On Feb 03, 2013
No two ways about it.Moses was the man of the match.He helped us maintain the tempo of the match,and was unplayable all evening.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by kcowen(m): 9:27pm On Feb 03, 2013
dafoly: As 4 me it's kenneth omerua for frustrating drogba

I sucumb,for me Kenneth Omerua was the man of the match,cos he held Drogba as if he stole something from him

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by Silas0(m): 9:37pm On Feb 03, 2013
If una dey play like this we no go dey complain.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by danjalingo: 9:38pm On Feb 03, 2013
mikel,4 takin ova the midfield 4rm yaya & co. they were all exceptionl,though

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by aariwa(m): 9:47pm On Feb 03, 2013
you forgot Omeruo and Oboobona who stopped Drogba from causing damage.
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Men of the match na lol. The game was too good. Emenike, Moses, and Enyeama are worthy.[/size]
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by aariwa(m): 9:48pm On Feb 03, 2013
ur 100 percent correct
Sanmexy: MVP=1 player.
My Man of d match is Kenneth Omeruo, because he read his tackles well, combined well with Oboabona, defended doggedly, & was instrumenter in d build-up 2 Mba's solo effort.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by great063(m): 9:53pm On Feb 03, 2013
gunuvi: We should all thank our goalkeeper- Victor Eyeama
O boy ye!Guy,na you carry Victor Eyeama go AFCON?The name is Vincent Enyeama not Victor Eyeama.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by Andersonken(m): 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2013
With their collective effort they made us proude.kudos to them all.i wish them victory till d vey end.victor moses is my man of the match.
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by abbakacici: 10:00pm On Feb 03, 2013
Every win of african cup of nation finished top of their group so ghana is winning this
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by felixtare(m): 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2013
9ja 4 life,shame to u doubting thomasssssssssssssssss.
More drinks,more fish in short take everytin on on maeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by Mcleo007(m): 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2013
abbakacici: Every win of african cup of nation finished top of their group so ghana is winning this

Now, that's a myth eh? #Smh
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by rastainheart: 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2013
onila: I FEEL BAD FOR IVORY COAST!! cry cry cry cry cry

Dat na you wahala

Super duper eagles, run dem jooooor.

We should always believe in this country whether good or in bad times,
Naijah is destined to be greater than all this,Yoruba,Igbo.Hausa,Efik,Ukwani,Ibibio,Ijaw Tiv,and all the
united blessed tribes of Nigeria,lets come together to move this country to the next stage.
Unity and righteousness is the way forward.
Jah bless we papaland.

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by Fussbot: 10:23pm On Feb 03, 2013
kc owen:

I sucumb,for me Kenneth Omerua was the man of the match,cos he held Drogba as if he stole something from him
3rded lol
Re: Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria : Who Is Your Man Of The Match by mrikay: 10:49pm On Feb 03, 2013
[quote author=ndlife] the guy made some valid points here. Our F.A is a joke. And why cant we watch the match on normal T.V ? E no make sense to me o. Anyways, up naija!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Set To Leave Chelsea / Olga Allegra Replies Man Who Said She’s On Baby Mama Level / Brown Ideye With His Family (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.