Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ (12126 Views)

MASSOB Introduces, Passport, Currency, Vehicle & Drivers Licences / Threats: Ohanaeze, MASSOB, OPC Back Nigerdelta Militants / Personal Income Tax Reduced By PITA Ammendment? One Of The "Palliatives" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by PrinceDudu(m): 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2013
The beginning of the end for massob because i no say na money go cause wahala between them.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by vanstanzy(m): 2:13pm On Feb 04, 2013
Ehn! Make i see any fv*cking MASSOBite for my door wey wan collect money. I go blow im leg with shotgun. angry angry angry

“That CIA prediction is certain, anything beyond 2014, Nigeria is living on expired ground, because, there will be no more anchor to hold Nigeria,” Madu said.

What a FV*CKING LUNATIC! grin grin grin grin grin NEXT!!! angry
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by rafindo(m): 2:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
berem: I am ready to pay my last kobo for the actualisation of Biafra. Nice one from MASSOB! cool cool
. I hate to insult people but the truth be told u an educated fool with a doctorate certificate to show for it.how can secessionist movement massob that has no legal jurispudence make such pronouncement.for God sake let fire consume them.if scotland,catalonia,boungaville nd tibet are running the independence project like massob then they wil al be cald jokers.modern secessionism is achieved trough political party wit strong ideaology or a deep rooted presure group like free tibet not tout like massob.proud igbo,proud naija.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by gidiMonsta(m): 2:27pm On Feb 04, 2013
So this is what MASSOB has turned to? An omo-onile organisation This is the worst secessionist movement in history.

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Ignatism: 2:29pm On Feb 04, 2013
Ndi oshi! Ndi ara!
Uwazuruike has more than 100 houses in Owerri alone and he has a new idea of adding more.
I trust Nigerian Army.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:31pm On Feb 04, 2013
scammers.

psheew
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 04, 2013
One of the reasons I dont like my people associating with this brainless idiots or being called by their name. So lacking of critical thinkers a race!
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by tomakint: 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
Can any Igbo in the house gives credence to this?
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Hamsaini: 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
Tufiakwa! Two king in one kingdom?, not while am on throne. [GEJ] get ready 2 face JTF, greedy people.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by seanet01: 3:04pm On Feb 04, 2013
PStylish:
Honestly, it's none of your business.
Wishing the Igbos goodluck and godspeed in the achievement of their dreams and aspirations that even Igbos yet unborn already have.
Lola
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2013
First two things I did upon seeing this thread were

1. lmao grin

2. look for eko ile's reply so that I can laugh some more grin grin
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by maskid(m): 3:14pm On Feb 04, 2013
vanstanzy: Ehn! Make i see any fv*cking MASSOBite for my door wey wan collect money. I go blow im leg with shotgun. angry angry angry

“That CIA prediction is certain, anything beyond 2014, Nigeria is living on expired ground, because, there will be no more anchor to hold Nigeria,” Madu said.

What a FV*CKING LUNATIC! grin grin grin grin grin NEXT!!! angry

pls hu is this Dog?
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by maskid(m): 3:16pm On Feb 04, 2013
gidiMonsta: So this is what MASSOB has turned to? An omo-onile organisation This is the worst secessionist movement in history.

my friend sharrap!!! y dnt u start ur own seccessionist Movement lets see
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by dederocs(m): 3:25pm On Feb 04, 2013
geeez: The Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, yesterday said it will start collecting Biafran Income Tax from Ndigbo, beginning from February 16, 2013.

The new move by MASSOB was contained in a statement sent to National Mirror by its Director of Information, Comrade Uchenna Madu.

This development was coming at a time when MASSOB is predicting that Nigeria will disintegrate and cease to be a country at the end of 2014.

In the said statement, Madu said the introduction of 2013 Biafran income tax by their leader, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike, was part of the ongoing consolidation of MASSOB’s government structures and diplomatic relations.

Shedding light on the extent they will go in collecting the tax, Madu said; “The collection of 2013 Biafran income tax will commence on February 16, throughout Biafra and Nigeria, where Biafrans reside, it is a mandatory tax, it is a mark of respect and honour to Biafra, a mandatory obligation for all Biafrans.”

He said for now, MASSOB as a genuine organisation has been busy establishing Biafran government, through the creation of regional structures and consolidation of diplomatic relations.

The director of information, who said that consistency is always their watchword, assured that as Biafrans that they shall never relent in their struggle or be discouraged by the waves of distraction around them.

Speaking to National Mirror on the issue of who will collect the tax on their behalf, Madu said; “Our security will go out to collect it, they will go to the markets and streets, in public places and other relevant places to collect the tax, our people are willing to pay, very willing, we have been announcing it and the response from people have been encouraging.”

The MASSOB spokesman urged the people to lend their support to the group, because Biafra is around the corner. He predicted that Biafra will bring the comfort and consolation seriously needed by every Igbo man.

Madu, who was full of optimism when he spoke to our Correspondent, said they don’t for see a clampdown from security agents, because what they are doing now does not concern them, stressing that they will not be deterred if the government starts to harass MASSOB agents again.

Sounding optimistic, Comrade Madu continued, “Government will never interfere, they won’t, this is about the people, government can never stop Ndigbo from paying Biafran tax, this is purely an income.”

He said they have now introduced the income tax, since the struggle is reaching its climax, when the organisation is putting in place government structures.

Speaking on when they hope to achieve their major objective of an independent and free Biafran state, Madu, who contended that they have no fixed time-frame for the realisation of their goal, however, maintained that Nigeria can break up any moment from now.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/massob-introduces-biafran-income-tax/
the prediction that Nigeria will disintegrate did not come from CIA,independent political analyst made that prediction.This man is just an opportunists-it will be foolish for ibos to allow this swindler lead them to great perils
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by ozodimgba(m): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2013
seanet01: what is the modus operandi so that JTF can conduct some shooting practices.

Shoot @ sight no be say them say. When boko haram was killing their kingsmen in the north, instead of looking for ways to ameliorate their conditions they are looking for ways to extort the ones @ home. Shamless nyamiri kawoi, e be like say una don forget Aba Women`s Riots of 1929. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by drnoel: 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]THESE PEOPLE ARE SICK![/size]
bros agree with u, they are not just sick but sheer mad. Let me see who will come and disturb me in my house about tax on one of my things. None-entities
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by BeraBera(f): 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2013
Lai lai! For where! Nobody should pay any goddamned tax o!

Anybody paying tax to any entity other than the Federal Republic of Nigeria is doing so at his own foolishness.

If they mean annual/monthly dues for their association, that one is different, but TAX? Taaaahh! who dash monkey banana?
How will they even go about it, do they have the data of all Igbos in Nigeria?
Will it be a house-to-house esusu collection? LOL
Or will they be deducting it from their salaries? How?

LWKMD
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by TheKingsQueen: 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2013
[size=14pt] All these disintegration talks are begining to get on my nerves. When will our security and law enforcement agencies start arresting anybody that makes any stupid disintegration statement?

Bunch of attention-seeking esusu collectors [/size]
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by geeez: 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2013
Eze Promoe: LAGOS is the only thing that will make Nigeria be as one. Unless they divide Lagos into three and give us our own share.

#i can see some people running mad at this post.

Divide Lagos into three what? You must be dreaming
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by guonno: 5:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
MAY GOD HELP THIS NATION. AMEN.

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by econity(m): 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2013
Mad Cow: Dumb Niggas!

I have said it that the government should declare MASSOB a terrorist organisation and permit the Police to shoot them at sight.

I want the Federal Government to use these MASSOB folks as weapons training dummies for the armed forces and Police. If anyone is found flying the Biafran flag, shoot them dead. Anyone found inside a building that has the Biafran flag should be shot dead. Anyone found wearing Biafran colors should be shots well. Any congregation that is convened under Biafra, should be wiped out. Men, women and children... if an animal is involved in Biafra, kill it as well...

These Biafran leeches are now officially an embarrassment to progressive Ndi Igbos.
i thought it was a person talk. Never new it was another mad cow that those fulani boys are looking for.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by qplus(m): 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2013
Pls. Is d tax going to be paid in Naira?
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Onlytruth(m): 5:50pm On Feb 04, 2013
Unless there is something NEW about taxes that I don't know, I believe that this is a VERY BAD IDEA.

First, it will allienate Ndigbo from MASSOB because I can bet my last penny that no one likes paying taxes, even in developed countries. So, MASSOB is walking a minefield here. That is even more the case when they MASSOB have contributed ZERO to the purses of people in Igboland. An organization that wants to liberate people should not start by adding their own YOKE to the people's neck.
What I expected MASSOB to do (if they are serious about Biafran independence) is to seek funding from RICH Igbo and other non-Igbo Biafran supporters. If they are honest enough and have enough integrity and probity, I believe that they will get funding, and make use of the funds judiciously.
Imagine people paying Nigerian income tax, only for MASSOB to show up again asking for tax! angry I don't understand the mindset of these MASSOB people, honestly!
Must they always start their campaigns by sacrificing Igbo (whether blood or tax!)? Can't they "liberate" us without they focusing on US (Igbo folks) instead of the enemy?

Scratching my head angrily! angry
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 04, 2013
I support Biafra!
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by Worldlife: 6:38pm On Feb 04, 2013
grin i cant wait to see febuary 16 interest
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by skyfall: 6:40pm On Feb 04, 2013
I support Biafra too even though I'm Yoruba. Staying together is not by force jare. Personally I'm tired of this Nigeria cos we're just holding down one another.

BTW, the taxes/levies should be collected in $$$ otherwise it'll be the start of another round of problems with Nigerian govt.

Godspeed Biafra!
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by CJO100(m): 6:44pm On Feb 04, 2013
Naval sadiq: I bet its the young and naive igbos that are making too much noise on most of this social network.go and ask your parents and grand parents what happen during the war then you will sit back and have a refink of how youl can make the world a better place.you guyz hav got nufin and yet you guyz blabb about biafra.come up with some thing new biko.we are not living in a third world.
Naval sadiq: I bet its the young and naive igbos that are making too much noise on most of this social network.go and ask your parents and grand parents what happen during the war then you will sit back and have a refink of how youl can make the world a better place.you guyz hav got nufin and yet you guyz blabb about biafra.come up with some thing new biko.we are not living in a third world.

You may be referring to the war, but believe me no nation has survived two Civil wars. I support Biafra Project, have faith in MASSOB, but disagree on this move. Certainly 'tax collection' is not the only way you can make people aware of impending Nigeria doom.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by confusion247(m): 6:46pm On Feb 04, 2013
Who is afraid of disintegration and why?

1 Like

Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by CJO100(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2013
Onlytruth: Unless there is something NEW about taxes that I don't know, I believe that this is a VERY BAD IDEA.

First, it will allienate Ndigbo from MASSOB because I can bet my last penny that no one likes paying taxes, even in developed countries. So, MASSOB is walking a minefield here. That is even more the case when they MASSOB have contributed ZERO to the purses of people in Igboland. An organization that wants to liberate people should not start by adding their own YOKE to the people's neck.
What I expected MASSOB to do (if they are serious about Biafran independence) is to seek funding from RICH Igbo and other non-Igbo Biafran supporters. If they are honest enough and have enough integrity and probity, I believe that they will get funding, and make use of the funds judiciously.
Imagine people paying Nigerian income tax, only for MASSOB to show up again asking for tax! angry I don't understand the mindset of these MASSOB people, honestly!
Must they always start their campaigns by sacrificing Igbo (whether blood or tax!)? Can't they "liberate" us without they focusing on US (Igbo folks) instead of the enemy?

Scratching my head angrily! angry
You said it all. Whoever brought this idea has completely dug their grave.
Re: MASSOB Introduces ‘biafran Income Tax’ by BetaThings: 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Illegal, they should be arrested and imprisoned.
Why?
I don't believe in forced association
I have always argued that Taiwan should not be part of China by force
If Igbos want to leave, why not?
They should give security guarantee not to gobble up minority neighbours
Period!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ongoing Violence Between Nasarawa And Benue States / Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop / Governor Obaseki: Era Of Sharing Money To Greedy Edo Politicians Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.