Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,970 members, 7,814,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 - Business (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 (1001899 Views)

Do It Yourself Importation Business Reviews/testimonies / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 3 - Payment, Shipping & Marketing / Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2013
Another way is using drivers, you give the buyer your driver phone number, and vice versa, you send the goods and the buyer pays the driver. Shikena.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by texaco1: 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
mayorall: oga Texaco nah you be our guest speaker o. grin
na wah for you , how you take see me so fast ?i am with you .
i will just like everyone to know that there is a saying in nigeria among transport union member and the saying goes like this , chop alone die alone . i dont believe that kobomart should be the only enterprise to come out of these thread, i can see that the yearning is dear and the zeal is there , people only need to focus on how to channel it in the right direction.
like i have always said in the past you dont have to import to be in the importation business, the opportunities are numerous and i will name a few , financing , market sourcing, purchasing and distribution and logistics . even escrow services too can be providied on individual basis . there is nothing impossible .
as per other markets ,the Asian market is opening up big and many asian countries are competint favourably with china ,the truth is CHINA ISNT THE CHEAPEST ANYMORE ,for those wanting to import from USA , please please please there are many many many good sites apart from ebay and amazon . believe me eBay is fighting hard to keep its place as the number 1 auction site , although people might dispute this but the pay pal issue is one of the many reason why many seller even on ebay are moving away from eBay to other sites. importers must learn new techniques of online payment which is always changing,these new methods accommodates Nigerians and nationals of countries discriminated against by pay pal.
knowledge is the key , lets keep updating ourselves on these points and i believe 2014 will be a better year than 2013 . this is an importation thread and we shouldn't turn it into aliexpress thread.some very good uk sites ships directly to Nigeria without any pay pal so also some European and arab sites.
even on this site we should have people who can source for contracts and they wont even need to buy it themselves , get the contracts for supply and get people that have the money to buy and bring it in , while you make ur own cut , in this way you haven't even gone to buy from aliexpress. there is a very strong need for a local logistics company and i think if one of us starts it that person will make it .what about product purchase financing this also is a good means of making money from this importation business.

4 Likes

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by princeuk21(m): 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
2s£xy:
KoboMart Should update their "delivery information" na.. angry
www.nairaland.com/1552701/kobomart-store-collection-quality-products
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Oluwalogbon(m): 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
@ all Good idea,kept it on
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
Last but not the list

All banks has branches in all the states of the federation, and banks of same branches are inter-connected, the banks can help in this situation, they all have all their branches phone number in their data base even if they don't know. What about sending the money to a staff in your state via the buyer's bank staff connections. You confirm if the money has been deposited, and you ship thereafter, in this case I think it will be wise to use a courier service cos of tracking number as an evidence.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by shinaf: 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2013
eka leeooo....hope am not late
i love number 2..2. New business ideas
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
texaco1: na wah for you , how you take see me so fast ?i am with you .
i will just like everyone to know that there is a saying in nigeria among transport union member and the saying goes like this , chop alone die alone . i dont believe that kobomart should be the only enterprise to come out of these thread, i can see that the yearning is dear and the zeal is there , people only need to focus on how to channel it in the right direction.
like i have always said in the past you dont have to import to be in the importation business, the opportunities are numerous and i will name a few , financing , market sourcing, purchasing and distribution and logistics . even escrow services too can be providied on individual basis . there is nothing impossible .
as per other markets ,the Asian market is opening up big and many asian countries are competint favourably with china ,the truth is CHINA ISNT THE CHEAPEST ANYMORE ,for those wanting to import from USA , please please please there are many many many good sites apart from ebay and amazon . believe me eBay is fighting hard to keep its place as the number 1 auction site , although people might dispute this but the pay pal issue is one of the many reason why many seller even on ebay are moving away from eBay to other sites. importers must learn new techniques of online payment which is always changing,these new methods accommodates Nigerians and nationals of countries discriminated against by pay pal.
knowledge is the key , lets keep updating ourselves on these points and i believe 2014 will be a better year than 2013 . this is an importation thread and we shouldn't turn it into aliexpress thread.some very good uk sites ships directly to Nigeria without any pay pal so also some European and arab sites.
even on this site we should have people who can source for contracts and they wont even need to buy it themselves , get the contracts for supply and get people that have the money to buy and bring it in , while you make ur own cut , in this way you haven't even gone to buy from aliexpress. there is a very strong need for a local logistics company and i think if one of us starts it that person will make it .what about product purchase financing this also is a good means of making money from this importation business.

Eye opening boss. Thank you very much. Google has the answers to all this other sites
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
oga survey cash, walahi I see you, sco-p and shinaf, the bouncers a beg help us usher him to the high table grin cheesy
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by addictiv(m): 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2013
Nice one oga texaco.... importation is much more than buying at cheap rates n reselling. Though I am currently working on setting up a world class escrow service that can help secure our transactions esp btw ourselves. Local logistics is a big issue. If well excuted the local logistics coy can also incorporate escrow services n most of our problems would be solved.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by shinaf: 7:57pm On Dec 29, 2013
mayorall: oga survey cash, walahi I see you, sco-p and shinaf, the bouncers a beg help us usher him to the high table grin cheesy

soyedele don enter too......with hon-our pls come on the high table survey cash
let us talk more and business idea
financing , market sourcing, purchasing and distribution and logistics .
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2013
Other ideas on our number 1 issue. Where are the bosses, cvm you can also help your customers out.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
lol..I could remember when a lady from JOS called me..I told her my wristwatch with sending tru ABC will cost her 8k.. she called me like one million times begging me to send her the wristwatch that I shouldnt run away with her money... after she sent the money to my GTB, i sent the watch to her address the same day but my BB screen got damaged that day, so i couldnt communicate with her..When i put my sim into another phone, I activated the whatsapp, come see the girl's messages shocked shocked shocked She was like 'nawa for you Nigerians, you stopped talking after you collected my 8k' grin grin grin

before She sent me the money, I gave her my facebook ID, my nairaland ID to confirm im not running away with her 8k grin grin grin that was the only successful distance business I did..Others were like, I will come to Ibadan from Benin(auchi) to pick the items up..can you come to lagos etc grin grin grin
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2013
Okay friends. Let's move to the next topic

2 new Business ideas

Shinaf, soyedele, oga Texaco no leave us. If its one, its okay with us, I am here with my pen and new jotter
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Xtfield(m): 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
I think the situation can be remedied thus. Let us set up an escrow committee. Let any buyer pay to the escrow account. When he receives the goods and is satisfied, the money is released to seller. Let the onus be on the buyer to prove that he is not satisfied with the purchase. The committee should be made up of five members of nairaland nominated by all on this thread. I nominate as follows: Mayorall, Surveycash, etc etc
An account will be opened in a bank with the three of the five as signatories. Let's have your opinion
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
Soyedele1: lol..I could remember when a lady from JOS called me..I told her my wristwatch with sending tru ABC will cost her 8k.. she called me like one million times begging me to send her the wristwatch that I shouldnt run away with her money... after she sent the money to my GTB, i sent the watch to her address the same day but my BB screen got damaged that day, so i couldnt communicate with her..When i put my sim into another phone, I activated the whatsapp, come see the girl's messages shocked shocked shocked She was like 'nawa for you Nigerians, you stopped talking after you collected my 8k' grin grin grin

before She sent me the money, I gave her my facebook ID, my nairaland ID to confirm im not running away with her 8k grin grin grin that was the only successful distance business I did..Others were like, I will come to Ibadan from Benin(auchi) to pick the items up..can you come to lagos etc grin grin grin

Lols. We dey wait for you boss
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
Xtfield: I think the situation can be remedied thus. Let us set up an escrow committee. Let any buyer pay to the escrow account. When he receives the goods and is satisfied, the money is released to seller. Let the onus be on the buyer to prove that he is not satisfied with the purchase. The committee should be made up of five members of nairaland nominated by all on this thread. I nominate as follows: Mayorall, Surveycash, etc etc
An account will be opened in a bank with the three of the five as signatories. Let's have your opinion

That's good boss. Escrow community, please shed more lights.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Xtfield(m): 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
mayorall:

That's good boss. Escrow community, please shed more lights.

First we need a CAC registration. We could have a company like ESCROW PAYMENT NIG. LTD. Let all interested importers buy shares in the company. This may be just N2500 only for 200 members. Money realised will be used to rent a small office and do registration to aid bank account opening. Members using Escrow payment system will be charged certain p[percentage of the cost value of their goods.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
I guess setting up an escrow community is a wise idea, and its a broad discussion. When do you think we can discuss this friends and bosses?.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 8:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
Xtfield:

First we need a CAC registration. We could have a company like ESCROW PAYMENT NIG. LTD. Let all interested importers buy shares in the company. This may be just N2500 only for 200 members. Money realised will be used to rent a small office and do registration to aid bank account opening. Members using Escrow payment system will be charged certain p[percentage of the cost value of their goods.

This is great boss. cheesy
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2013
People please talk. Don't be silent.
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by addictiv(m): 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
Xtfield:

I like it..quite similar with what i have in mind...
Anyone Intersted? Pls contributions
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
**Coughs**

I guess it is only an enlighten and learned fellow that will not be scared to use his card on a escrow site
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by addictiv(m): 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
Soyedele1: **Coughs**

I guess it is only an enlighten and learned fellow that will not be scared to use his card on a escrow site
Enlightenment is the key boss. We can produce adverts, radio jingles, bill boards etc. If you dont advertise you cant make progress. Plus the site would have a feed back portal. With hard work n diligence we can keep a neat record which would boost our patronage eventually
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2013
addictiv:
Enlightenment is the key boss. We can produce adverts, radio jingles, bill boards etc. If you dont advertise you cant make progress. Plus the site would have a feed back portal. With hard work n diligence we can keep a neat record which would boost our patronage eventually

I like that and I support that
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by shinaf: 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2013
BUSINESS IDEA
on one faithful day i chat with a seller on aliexpress....we became friends and we started talking more and more even outside biz..what do i want to bring out is that later on..i bought an item from this seller .....to ship to me via dhl.......he showed me how to calculate dhl shipment and so many things .....i told him i want to ship a DVR spy pen to his address so that he can ship all together to me...he agreed and later asked me to send him the link of the pen ...i sent him the link of the pen...the actual price of the pen was 9.90$ on the link..he later told me he will get it from the factory him self for me ...do you want to no the price 3$ without a memory card i saw the same pen at a site on nairaland for 3500k with memory card of 4gb.. am working on how to use this guy to get my goods from the factory ....but how will i do it .....to get him twisted on my side and help all niaraland with this same honest seller..even if am to pay him small token..to add to it i made the payment for the spy pen on a link in aliexpress of the seller...i add 2$ to it for aliexpress charges on is store......

boss this my business idea...
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
addictiv:

nice one. Nigerians might still be scared . I think bank payment should also be allowed . anyway its a broad topic. we need to plan better
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by shinaf: 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
BUSINESS IDEA
on one faithful day i chat with a seller on aliexpress....we became friends and we started talking more and more even outside biz..what do i want to bring out is that later on..i bought an item from this seller .....to ship to me via dhl.......he showed me how to calculate dhl shipment and so many things .....i told him i want to ship a DVR spy pen to his address so that he can ship all together to me...he agreed and later asked me to send him the link of the pen ...i sent him the link of the pen...the actual price of the pen was 9.90$ on the link..he later told me he will get it from the factory him self for me ...do you want to no the price 3$ without a memory card i saw the same pen at a site on nairaland for 3500k with memory card of 4gb.. am working on how to use this guy to get my goods from the factory ....but how will i do it .....to get him twisted on my side and help all niaraland with this same honest seller..even if am to pay him small token..To add to it i made the payment for the spy pen on a link in aliexpress of the seller...i add 2$ to it for aliexpress charges on is store......

boss mayor ,texaco, 2s£xy..mayor:soyedele,{ymodulus(banned for now)}xtfield..princeuk21.tspun..asemo21..oluwalogbon..jeebz..Chiadikaobi.. this my business idea...how can we all explore dis.....
My chat for today with the seller
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by sconp: 8:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
nice ideas. I think such a service must also allow the use of verve card using interswitch and also allow bank payments
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by addictiv(m): 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
scon-p:
nice ideas. I think such a service must also allow the use of verve card using interswitch and also allow bank payments
Of course. .internet banking is a must..my only fear is cbn. I just hope no financial laws are broken in setting such up. I still have to talk to my bankers buh I feel this is a great idea to help nigerians in general in doing business across the country and with the rest of the world. Profit isnt the ish here cos I plan to charge just 2.5% for every transaction. In future we can add local logistics to it so people wont just give us the money but they can also give us the goods and we deliver to the destination. That would require at least an office in every state of federation....big dream I must tell ya
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by yemi2plus(m): 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2013
We can write an Open Letter to Companies in Nigeria to step up services related to that of Escrow. Companies like Interswitch, MasterCard, Verified by Visa and other. A buyer will choose which type of card to buy the seller with, once the buyer recieves the items in good condition he confirm order recieve. But the problem I see here is trust with the buyers. Some buyers might recieve the goods and still choose to play around.

1 Like

Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2013
on our first issue we have custologbon method and setting up an escrow community which needs proper attention.

let's move to business ideas
Re: Do It Yourself Importation Guide Free - Season 2 by mayorall(m): 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2013
yemi2plus: We can write an Open Letter to Companies in Nigeria to step up services related to that of Escrow. Companies like Interswitch, MasterCard, Verified by Visa and other. A buyer will choose which type of card to buy the seller with, once the buyer recieves the items in good condition he confirm order recieve. But the problem I see here is trust with the buyers. Some buyers might recieve the goods and still choose to play around.

now we have a better way. its a business for us on its own.

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (635) (Reply)

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? / Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.