Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN (44629 Views)

Nigeria's Igbo Jews: 'lost Tribe' Of Israel - CNN / Breaking! Igbo Jews To Organize Rally In Support Of Israel War In Gaza / The Problem Of Igbo Jews And History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Eziachi: 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2013
dumjoshua: isrealites are not blacks,hw come in ibo land we dont have at least mixtures of white and black people,and man they claim that ran away frm isreal is he "olodo"
Its not about skin colours, there are real jews who black.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Abagworo(m): 9:52pm On Feb 07, 2013
ilugunboy: When are the igbos going to have a consensus on this matter ?

It's seem very implausible but then what do I know?

There can't be a consensus but the most plausible thing is what I stated earlier. Most ethnic groups across Southern Nigeria consist of a mixing and counter mixing of people from different origins in different waves of migrations. Some of these people are from North and East. The North being old Egypt and middle East while the East being Congo area or as far as Asia.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by alanmwene: 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
Abagworo: http://www.taneter.org/writing.html

Nsbidi (5000 BC - present)

An example of Nsibidi characters.

Nsibidi is an ancient script used to communicate in various languages in West Central Africa. Most notably used by the Uguakima and Ejagham (Ekoi) people of Nigeria and Cameroon, Nsibidi is also used by the nearby Ebe, Efik, Ibibio, Igbo, and Uyanga people. The script is believed to date back to 5000 BC, but the oldest archaeological evidence ever found dates it to 2000 BC (monoliths in Ikom, Nigeria). Similar to the Kemetic Medu Neter, Nsibidi is a system of standardized pictographs. In fact, both Nsibidi and Medu Neter share several of the exact same characters.

More ejagham(bantus)/ekpe than igbo!this script is no different from scripts used in kongo secrets societies like lemba,chikumbi,otwere!
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by alanmwene: 9:59pm On Feb 07, 2013
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 07, 2013
maybe dats why d hausa want the igbos(jews) extinct to please thr arab masters..
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by mctons: 10:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Yes they are the lost tribe of israel.When Hitler began the holocaust of jews ( I'm sure all of you know how hitler despised them ),ibo jews are very smart and decided to run from hitler to avoid extermination.

Well as at date,y'all can see what hitler meant when he decided to spared the jews for the world to see how wicked they are.Ibos are just as wicked as the jews. . . Hitler didn't finish his mission I tell ya.

Thunder delete u
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Malawian(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2013
Eziachi: I am no Jewish nor Hebrew, I am God created Igbo man found only in the that spot of West coast of African only unless in diaspora.
Why I would wanted to be called a Jew or an Israeli for gracious sake?
I am comfortable in my very skin and proud as an Igbo man.
Yes there are so many familiar Jewish and Igbo cultures, but that doesn't make me a jewish or desperate to become one. After all mankind came from one source, so there bound to be similarities here and there.
IF I MAY ASK, WHO NAMED US "IGBO" ? DO YOU REALISE WHE COULD VERY WELL BE CALLED "OBGI"? I DONT LIKE HEARING PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT EVEN UP TO 40YRS OF AGE BEHAVING LIKE THEY KNOW ALL OF OUR HISTORY.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by bigfrancis21: 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2013
alanmwene:
More ejagham(bantus)/ekpe than igbo!this script is no different from scripts used in kongo secrets societies like lemba,chikumbi,otwere!
Young man from Kikongo, get over your self-induced hatred. You have no basis for comparison. Apart from the slave trade, the congo people and area is totally unknown to the rest of the world. What things/features exactly do you people have that you could possibly show us here? The Congo DRC is one isolated, poverty-stricken country living in oblivion to the rest of the World. We only get to hear of them during African matches, matches that they don't even get to make it out of the qualifying round before they get their black bantu a*sses kicked. Show me one successful congo man and I'll show you 10 more successful Igbo people.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Dainfamous: 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2013
Even though a lot of Jewish community have recognize igbo jews,blessed be the love of GOD. GOD of Israel

(Rabbi yehudah tochukwu ben), God will continue to guide you, protect you, with the good work you are doing in Nigeria, "God of Israel" sent you to unite the lost tribes together once again, according to "yehudah" jude 1 vs 3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.SHALOM smiley

Mazi ben Tochukwu shomeyr

BLESSED BE THE GOD, GOD OF ISRAEL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aykKKHSnRGg&feature=share&list=PL530A8B1B1B9A402D
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Eziachi: 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2013
Rossikk:

THAT IS IGNORANT.. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HISTORY, RESEARCH, ANTHROPOLOGY, ARCHAEOLGY ETC, SAY SO.

''all mankind came from one source, so there bound to be similarities here and there'' is an ILLITERATE summation borne of IGNORANCE of the subject-matter. Where cultural congruences between two groups are found which surpass the average congruence among groups, then you have established a connection that cannot be dismissed the way you did.
I can't argue with you on that, I am a total virgin as an expert in history, research, anthropology or even archeology and I don't mind being ignorant and being an illiterate is also not a crime either, but one thing I know for sure as an igbo man is that I am now Jewish and you don't have to agree with me. Why can't the Hebrews be Igbo, why must I be them?
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Rossikk(m): 10:13pm On Feb 07, 2013
Eziachi:
I can't argue with you on that, I am a total virgin as an expert in history, research, anthropology or even archeology and I don't mind being ignorant and being an illiterate is also not a crime either, but one thing I know for sure as an igbo man is that I am now Jewish and you don't have to agree with me. Why can't the Hebrews be Igbo, why must I be them?

Why are you anti-knowledge?

Why are you anti-intellectual?

The study of history and origins is a valid field of endeavour by all measurements you wish to use.

Is such research leads us to ancient North Africa and the levant ('middle east'), why are you opposed to the study of it?
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 07, 2013
Why do the so called 'Igbo Jews' look horrible?
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Eziachi: 10:13pm On Feb 07, 2013
Malawian: IF I MAY ASK, WHO NAMED US "IGBO" ? DO YOU REALISE WHE COULD VERY WELL BE CALLED "OBGI"? I DONT LIKE HEARING PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT EVEN UP TO 40YRS OF AGE BEHAVING LIKE THEY KNOW ALL OF OUR HISTORY.
Why can't we just be Ndi Igbo, specially designed by the creator to be Igbo?
Not until the white man arrived with the old testament of the bible, my ancestors don't even know there are people called Jews.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Rossikk(m): 10:14pm On Feb 07, 2013
all4naija: Why do the so called 'Igbo Jews' look horrible?

In what way?
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Onlytruth(m): 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2013
Not that it matters much in overt terms, but sometimes one pauses to ponder certain similarities between Igbo and the people called "the Israelites" in the bible.

Following the similarities in pure academic and empirical terms would certainly not prove much. However, if one is a "sprititualist" or a believer in the divine, the similarities are too powerful to ignore.

With little doubt in my mind, I believe that the "mindset" and "spirit" of both Igbo and the Israelites of the old (notice I did not say "the Jews". ) are very compellingly similar.
If you have ever read the old testament very well; studied those Israelites, and then study the Igbo peoples, you will begin to marvel at the similarities.

Please note that the Igbo nation of today is not really from one origin (as was noted earlier in this thread), but a good chunk surely must be. The guy that came closest to my own hunch is the guy that referred to the book of Jeremiah 41- 44 in the bible.

There is something very deep, very strong (almost indestructible), very spiritual (christianity apart, the Igbo somehow are addicted to fairness and justice), very rebellious, very resillient, very fearless (the Igbo can migrate and live among foes and still carry on with his life normally, even dominating the land he finds himself!), very ambitious, and very "returnist" (he must go back to Igboland no matter what, even if for visits only), and all similar things in between about Igbo that makes them compellingly "Israel-like".

Nevertheless, only a spiritual hunch would convince one beyond any doubt.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . .

2 Likes

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Rossikk(m): 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2013
Eziachi:
Why can't we just be Ndi Igbo, specially designed by the creator to be Igbo?
Not until the white man arrived with the old testament of the bible, my ancestors don't even know there are people called Jews.

Don't say what you don't know.

The Nri priests would most certainly have known about Jewish origins and migratory paths from the north in antiquity.

1 Like

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2013
Rossikk:

In what way?
Like, they were actually lost.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Eziachi: 10:16pm On Feb 07, 2013
Rossikk:

Why are you anti-knowledge?

Why are you anti-intellectual?

The study of history and origins is a valid field of endeavour by all measurements you wish to use.

Is such research leads us to ancient North Africa and the levant ('middle east'), why are you opposed to the study of it?
History according to who? History according to those who feel its not sophisticated enough and romantic enough to be just be an Igbo man on earth and that I must be Jewish for some reason?
Is that what you mean by being anti history and intellectual?
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 07, 2013
Eziachi:
History according to who? History according to those who feel its not sophisticated enough and romantic enough to be just be an Igbo man on earth and that I must be Jewish for some reason?
Another thing. Do the present day Israelite recognize them as Igbo Jews?
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Rossikk(m): 10:20pm On Feb 07, 2013
Eziachi:

That is patently anti-intellectual and anti-learning. You really ought to be ashamed.

Oh, and do spare us your clear emotional hangups and baggage regarding this area of intellectual inquiry.

Absolutely.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by bokohalal(m): 10:21pm On Feb 07, 2013
FXKing2012:
Then you obviously know very little about the composition of the Super Eagles and even less about economics.
All over the world small businesses employ the most and sustain the economy, and Nigeria is not an exception.

Maybe spending more time reading and listening to news rather than following boko haram will help your ignorance.
Name the Igbos in the Super Eagles and lets see what percentage they make up.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by bigfrancis21: 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2013
all4naija: Another thing. Do the present day Israelite recognize them as Igbo Jews?
Oh, yes they do. The case is pending in the Israeli court and has been published severally in the Israeli dailies.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Eziachi: 10:22pm On Feb 07, 2013
Rossikk:

Don't say what you don't know.

The Nri priests would most certainly have known about Jewish origins and migratory paths from the north in antiquity.
Its not nice dismissing others purely because they don't share your own version sentiment on issues, even if you felt you are the encyclopaedia. How old is this Nri priests-who are older than our oral tradition? Get real.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Rossikk(m): 10:26pm On Feb 07, 2013
Eziachi:
Its not nice dismissing others purely because they don't share your own version sentiment on issues, even if you felt you are the encyclopaedia. How old is this Nri priests-who are older than our oral tradition? Get real.

You, an Igbo man is asking ''how old are these Nri priests''? Are you not ashamed? Even in this day and age of Google where you can in 10 MINUTES, learn the fundamentals of Nri history? I mean, why should anyone take you seriously? If you have no interest in learning the various angles to your own history, as it is clear you don't, why come on this thread in the first place?
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Eziachi: 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2013
Rossikk:

That is patently anti-intellectual and anti-learning. You really ought to be ashamed.

Oh, and do spare us your clear emotional hangups and baggage regarding this area of intellectual inquiry.

Absolutely.

I don't want to spent time defining what is intellectual based on my own opinion to others.
Intellectual is not about someone telling me that I must be Jewish just because we share similar cultural heritages and being an Igbo only is not enough. You are welcome to it. And you haven't answered my question, as you are the intellectual, why we must always come from some where else?
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by alanmwene: 10:27pm On Feb 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Young man from Kikongo, get over your self-induced hatred. You have no basis for comparison. Apart from the slave trade, the congo people and area is totally unknown to the rest of the world. What things/features exactly do you people have that you could possibly show us here? The Congo DRC is one isolated, poverty-stricken country living in oblivion to the rest of the World. We only get to hear of them during African matches, matches that they don't even get to make it out of the qualifying round before they get their black bantu a*sses kicked. Show me one successful congo man and I'll show you 10 more successful Igbo people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAy9K1bkMY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-qF23u2oAY
http://www.malakimakongo.net/en/black-world/nsaku-ne-vunda-2
http://word.world-citizenship.org/wp-archive/379
http://www.blackpast.org/?q=gah/dessalines-jean-jacques-1758-1806
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 07, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Oh, yes they do. The case is pending in the Israeli court and has been published severally in the Israeli dailies.
Hmmm. Interesting.That is not going to work! The Israelis are trying to create united state of Israel for sure. there are lots of doubt about the Jewishness of Ethiopian Jews in Israel not to mentioned that of the Igbo who don't seem to have a proof. They can keep dreaming of the pending case.

Kindly, present us the pending case source and how the Igbo are really Jews?

Thank you.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by bigfrancis21: 10:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
alanmwene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAy9K1bkMY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-qF23u2oAY
http://www.malakimakongo.net/en/black-world/nsaku-ne-vunda-2
http://word.world-citizenship.org/wp-archive/379
http://www.blackpast.org/?q=gah/dessalines-jean-jacques-1758-1806
The loser's strategy. Hahaha.
I'm on my mobile currently and can't view the 'evidence' you posted.
And by the way, look at this guy trying to compare Congo with Nigeria? Lmao. NL provides a haven for losers to come and spread their wishful thinkings and superficial thoughts. Things they dare and cannot say out in the open.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Eziachi: 10:32pm On Feb 07, 2013
Rossikk:

You, an Igbo man is asking ''how old are these Nri priests''? Are you not ashamed? Even in this day and age of Google where you can in 10 MINUTES, learn the fundamentals of Nri history? I mean, why should anyone take you seriously? If you have no interest in learning the various angles to your own history, as it is clear you don't, why come on this thread in the first place?
Why should you take me serious?
So you believe everything, just because it came out of a google search?
Who put it there in the google search to be found? the same historians who always will super fed us to believe that we are not original and that we must come from somewhere else? I don't need google to know my history as Igbo man.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by bokohalal(m): 10:36pm On Feb 07, 2013
Andre Uweh:
94 AND 2013 squads are 55% Igbo from south east and south south.

Sometime ago it was 90%. You have to be sure the so called South south person agree to the 'Igbo' label. No unnecessary claiming allowed.
Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Rossikk(m): 10:41pm On Feb 07, 2013
Eziachi:
I don't want to spent time defining what is intellectual based on my own opinion to others.
Intellectual is not about someone telling me that I must be Jewish just because we share similar cultural heritages and being an Igbo only is not enough. You are welcome to it. And you haven't answered my question, as you are the intellectual, why we must always come from some where else?

The reason why ''we must always come from somewhere else'' is because, historically, we DID. Let me ask you something. Do you realize that the Sahara desert, which occupies nearly half of African territory today, was a few thousand years ago, a lush place filled with cities, towns, farmland and villages?

Where do you think all those people migrated to when the area began drying up over centuries?

Ok. Another question.

Do you realize that the overwhelming population of north Africa comprised negroid blacks up till around 600 AD?

There is fulsome documentary evidence of this including testimony from foreign eyewitness sources - Greek, Arab et al.

Where do you think all those people went?

Do you know of the mass African migrations throughout history?

Are you aware of the muslim invasions of Africa starting 600 AD?

Do you realize how many Africans were forced to flee the rampaging hordes of Jihadists, following the Islamic sacking of Egypt, Kush, and several other African kingdoms in the 6th century AD?

Where do you think those hordes of African refugees fled?

To Italy?

To Japan?

Ok. What about the Hyksos invasion of Egypt centuries before the muslim invasion?

The Greek invasions led by Alexander?

Where do you think all the refugees fled?

THEY ALL FLED SOUTHWARDS - TO WEST, CENTRAL, EAST AFRICA.

Do you realize that 50% of Yoruba words are identical to terms in the Ancient Egyptian language of Medu neter?

In other words the Yorubas are even more Egyptian than the present Arab occupiers of that land?

I'll recommend a book for you, titled, The Destruction of Black Civilization by Dr Chancellor Williams.

It pays to know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 07, 2013
I thought it was previously argued in this forum that the source of Igbo claim of being Jews started during the war.

The very idea the Jews faced war that drove them into the wider world was quickly taken by some group of Igbo who might have continued to nurture this lost Jewish decent idea. Anybody can become a Jew at one time if the person chooses to embrace the Judaism as a religion. From that perspective, I think the whole claim about Igbo Jews can be clearly centered around.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Peter Mbah, Enugu PDP Governorship Candidate, Kneels To Beg Residents For Votes / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor / Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.