Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,472 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (453983 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2008
You may be right about the age and gender thing, but the grace of God and his mercy. There are a couple of guys about 28 going for their Masters and who got their visas. Once u are lucky with the Visa officer in charge of your case, then you should get it once all other things are fine. Mine is about 70 days now. What do you guys think can be the challenge? Can it be verification taking forever? What's ur take?
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2008
adewale, i dont know. i really dont know whats taking forever to process the application. Im really wondering.
Lets keep hope alive and wait for the coming week. I sense something will happen.
Maybe when we get our visas we shall meet to share a beer?? this wait alomost don kill me> lol
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2008
Any news yet from anyone regarding Study permits for this August/September?
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2008
Igb:

Heard anything yet? mine is now 71 days since I applied. I just counted the days now.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2008
na wah o, I hope u hear 4rom dem b4 da end of this month.
I wish we live in da borderless world
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 5:32pm On Jul 21, 2008
my professor just sent me a mail telling me that classes start on the 25 th of august. he gave me a link to download materials and start reading before then. this is even earlier than the 28th for start of the one week orientation in august.
still no word from the canadian embassy. there is serious trouble ooo.
lets all keep out fingeers crossed. 57 days wait no be small thing ooo. i wonder what they are doing in that embassy office sef
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2008
@ ADEWALE
i have not heard anything ooo from the people. you may send ur number here or if u want privacy send to my email address. lets discuss on the phone. this wait thingy don tire me,
God dey sha
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 5:44pm On Jul 21, 2008
@igbogolo, skool starting on da 25th of August? datz really un heard of here oooooooo, which skool is dat?
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2008
@ Ezinwannem

The admssion paper states 3rd september but its preceeded by a week orientation. that makes it 28th of august as start date for the orientation.
but today i received a letter sent on behalf of my lecturer that out leadership course starts on the 25th of august 2008.
I am going for an MBA at the University of Alberta
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2008
oh k, I hot u get da visa as soon as possible, Alberta is another province so not suprised by da date their resumption esp. since its an MBA program 2
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2008
i just need to know whats up with my application. im getting nervous. kai!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 6:19pm On Jul 21, 2008
Please guys, GO TO THE EMBASSY. At this point that is your best bet. . . .to continue waiting is very risky.

Sounds like both of you guys are going to Alberta. . . . . when (not if) your visas and all come through, I may be able to give you some contacts in Edmonton and Calgary.

Keep the faith and don't lose hope!
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2008
may i never be in this position again. i recently went for an appraisal. i was the only one without my original documents. now how do i hope to get hired when am about to travel to study? the man asked me where my documents were i said its in the embassy. he asked me what i intend doing , i lied and told him i want to attend a conference. I dont think he believed me. he asked that i present my documents again before the end of the month for verification. I really dont know what to do now.
if they are not giving me canadian visa, see how im about to lose an another opportunity? my house rent is due. right now im stuck. do i renew or not if the answer is No candian visa, i still have dundee for september 6th.but how do i apply to another UK visa when my documents have been literally seized

ah canada see me ooohh.

@ adewale
what do you think about debosly's advise? whats ur work program like?? pls mai me ur number lets discuss this thing
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2008
@ debosky
thanks for the advise
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2008
Thanks debosky & Igb.

Igb: will send you an email with my contacts shortly. I think the advice is splendid.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2008
@igbogolo, I really feel u,
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2008
@ igbogolo

I think you are being too complacent. I remember at the time of my application, while it was still under consideration, I had to go to Abuja for a Commonwealth Scholarship Interview, so I went back to the Embassy and asked to be given my originals to pursue my scholarship applications, and I was given.

I'm just saying that to show you that these embassy people can be talked to - do not hesitate to do go there.

You guys should get together and go to the embassy. After all you submitted genuine documents and all, there is nothing they can do to you - the worst is they say we won't give you the visa. But to just sit and wait idly will not help. Be proactive, ask if there is anything holding up the application that you can help clear up or verify.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2008
Igb:

I have sent you a mail kindly check ur box as soon as possible. I guess we should arrange to go to the embassy this week, if its convenient, maybe on Thursday.

Thanks to everyone for their ideas, advice and all.
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2008
Another issue about going to the Canadian embassy, is that it is difficult to go in cos I have been there twice and I was told to fill a form they came back and told me they would reach me as soon as they were done with processing the application. This was over a month ago.

Is there any advice on what to do when we get there? I saw people claiming appointments and were allowed in. I don't know if it's a good idea to claim an appointment in order to be allowed in? Suggestions would be appreciated especially from someone who went there lately because they seem to have changed their system.

God bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2008
Well you've waited over a month, I suggest you go and insist on seeing someone. You have to be persistent my friend, don't just treat it with kids gloves. Even if you are refused the first time, show up again - this is an important matter and they cannot simply brush you off like that.

I personally do not believe it is that difficult to go in - like I have mentioned, I went there TWICE after submitting my documents without an appointment and each time I did, I got in and saw the embassy officials.

I do not know if the system has changed since you last visited, that information would be helpful too.

God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2008
@ adewale, debosky, ezinwannm

Thank you all!
Re: Travelling To Canada by GoldCircle: 9:37am On Jul 22, 2008
Hi Dewale & Igbogolo,
Please kindly let us know the outcome of your inquiry at the CDHC. Mine is over 50days too. I just have a belief that all is well. please do let us know!

cheerio!
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 9:54am On Jul 22, 2008
@ goldcircle
no problem my brother.
pardon me why do u answer goldcircle?? just curious
Re: Travelling To Canada by GoldCircle: 10:33am On Jul 22, 2008
Is Igbogolo your real name? what does it stand for?
Re: Travelling To Canada by marydre: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2008
You guys should have faith and by Gods grace you would all get your visa, I applied to four schools for january session and hope to get admission soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 10:41am On Jul 22, 2008
@ Goldcircle
hahahahah. now thats funny. indeed ur plan worked right. lol!!!
igbogolo is not my real name but was formed from my kindred name
Re: Travelling To Canada by Elando(f): 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2008
hi nairalanders,
i found a website on migration to canada (migrationexpert.com/canada). i visited it and was asked to answer some questions, after which i was told i qualify to migrate as a skilled worker. I even got to the interview stage, after which i was told i can now start processing my visa, but after paying 409 CAD for an advanced migration service.

please are they for real? have they actually helped anyone to migrate?
am confused.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 1:42am On Jul 23, 2008
gurlie, datz a scam oooooo, visit canadian immigration website for what to be done
Re: Travelling To Canada by ebeariba: 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2008
HI NAIRALANDERS,
ANYONE WITH USEFUL INFROMATION ON HOW TO ARRANGE A JOB IN CANADA OR HOW TO GET A WORK PERMIT.

EBEARIBA.
Re: Travelling To Canada by megastu(m): 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2008
Elando, its not a scam. Migrationexpert is a reputable immigration body, and u must pay for their service. Oyibo no dey use money play. However, you can do it yourself by visiting the immiration website. or mail me at mibisnow@yahoo.co.uk to connect you with the canadian lawyer david cohen
Re: Travelling To Canada by forexman(m): 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2008
Not to worry, you can get a legal representative to guide you. You may visit www.chisca.ca
Some information might be useful.
Re: Travelling To Canada by kaysie83: 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2008
Elando:

hi nairalanders,
i found a website on migration to canada (migrationexpert.com/canada). i visited it and was asked to answer some questions, after which i was told i qualify to migrate as a skilled worker. I even got to the interview stage, after which i was told i can now start processing my visa, but after paying 409 CAD for an advanced migration service.

please are they for real? have they actually helped anyone to migrate?
am confused.
@ Elando, You don't have to pay anyone a dime. The skilled worker program application process is a straight forward thingy. You go on CIC website print the simplified application process form, fill the form and send it to the nearest cic office which I am assuming is Ghana since your profile says naija(please correct me if am wrong) with your application fee. it will take some time even years but if you have your sh*t together I am sure it will work out for u.

This agent that is asking u to throw away $409 is not like he/she is going to tell u what is not on their website already or that there are other ways of applying for the skilled worker program that folks don't know about, unless he/she is a "wuru wuru agent" and they are going to use illegal means to get u to canada. I suggest u just use the money towards your application fee and hopefully things will work out for u by God's grace. $409 no be small money.

megastu:

Elando, its not a scam. Migrationexpert is a reputable immigration body, and u must pay for their service. Oyibo no dey use money play. However, you can do it yourself by visiting the immiration website. or mail me at mibisnow@yahoo.co.uk  to connect you with the canadian lawyer david cohen

@megastu David Cohen isnt that special trust me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (189)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.