Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,917 members, 7,835,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455371 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 4:26pm On Aug 14, 2008
@ aydewale

Im just making enquiries for my niece who will soon start her undergraduate program in September. She wants to travel this 1st week of september.
I have made enquiries though. BA, lufthansa, emirates, Delta, and airfrance all go to canada though I have cancelled BA from my itenary.
I am still hovering arouund Lufthansa, airfrance and emirates for her journey. I thought you have bought ur ticket. Ok I will make enquiries and then get back to you. maybe u guys might travel together
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2008
what skool will your niece be attending?
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 11:54am On Aug 15, 2008
@ Ezinwannem
She will be coming to simon fraiser university
Re: Travelling To Canada by kaysie83: 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2008
@igbogolo,

Please tell your niece that she shouldn't wait until the 1st week of sept before she travels. She needs to be in Canada @ least 2 weeks before school resumes to sort out her accommodation, course registration,banking etc. SFU is a big school so she needs to be familiar with the environment. Missing orientation/frosh week wont do her any good
Re: Travelling To Canada by tjadeba(m): 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2008
how much is it to get a Police Clearance certificate from Alagbon?
i need info urgently,
Thanks everybody
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 2:21pm On Aug 15, 2008
@Tja:

If you get a good bargain, between =N=3, 500 and =N=4, 000. the cheapest airline deal I have got so far is 285 k.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2008
@Aydewale
Congrats man, So happy for you!!!
The long-awaited package then. . has arrived with some good news.   .  .   .   .lol

Best Regards and Safe trip to Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2008
@ Aydewale
pls which airline?

@ kaysee 83
thanks for that. I will persuade her to leave sooner.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2008
@aydewale,  the 285k, is it for a round trip?
@igbogolo, u probably wanna find Lufthansa or KLM cuz for AIR FRANCE, she requires a transit visa unless she gat one already
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2008
@Ezin:

No, its for a one way trip, do you have a cheaper option, I really would not mind.

Tanx.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 3:47am On Aug 16, 2008
u mean 285 thousand naira for just a trip and not a round trip, na wah, abeg, wen do u wanna leave naija so I will check 4 u?
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 10:01am On Aug 16, 2008
@Ezin:

I would like to leave on the 28th of August.

Thank you and God bless.

Wd expect a response soon. I got the quote from a travel agency.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tonio2: 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2008
Hi every one i just stumbled on this site and this has made my day! was really relieved that i wasnt the only 1 in this, I applied to the Canadian embassy for my study permit since may and i was called for an interview and medical in july. On my interview note it was stated that i would return with my original documents however after the interview(with the not too friendly black lady), my docs weren't returned. i wanted to ask why but decided to keep mute(or risk losing my visa smiley), well the long wait now began, no response, cant call, cant email, wheres my visa, or even passport. sch resuming aug ending, fees are due, accomodation, etc was worried sick wat even made it worse was that i also had admission to an american college and needed my passport to apply for the visa as well! my only consolation is that if things have worked for ay, then it will for me as well.
once again thanks y'all and keep this thread alive, theres so much to gain!
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2008
Yes! Pls be positive, there is nothing God can't do. It appears no two situations are the same, as far as the Canadian embassy is concerned because I had my medicals around the 25th of July, sincerely, I can't remeber the exact date and my interview was like 2 or 3 days after and I got my visa like 12 days after around 7th of August.

I am however quite optimistic that u wd be given, I think it is the medicals. Where did u ve ur medicals? Mine was at the VI clinic and incidentally the doctor there was a friend of my fiancee who accompanied me and he promised he wd do evrything for us speedily.

I think you may want to find out if the clinic has sent ur medicals cos my sis had same problem 3 or 4 years ago when she wanted to go for 1st degree in Centennial college. She realised that the clinic in Yaba did not actually send her result until she went to find out what was up. Additionally, she went to the embassy cos there was still some delay. Kindly confirm if the clinic has sent ur result and once its up 2 three weeks after ur medicals, kindly go to the embassy and make enquiries.

God bless u.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tonio2: 7:06am On Aug 17, 2008
Thanks Ay, i did my medicals at the VI clinic: asaju medical will give them a call by monday. i hope i'll hear something positive soon, cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by yomex4ever: 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2008
igbogolo:

was your passport marked with a refusal stamp
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2008
toni o.:

Thanks Ay, i did my medicals at the VI clinic: asaju medical will give them a call by monday. i hope i'll hear something positive soon, cheers
If they told you to go do medicals, it's more than likely they are awaiting your medicals, unless you were told to bring some other documents. Get in contact with the embassy (you could visit them) and check on the status of your application. Keep in mind that most medicals take up to 3wks before you are called,
Re: Travelling To Canada by home1986: 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2008
succesful ppl shud pls broaden my brain,woul i av 2 pay half of my tution b4 i can apply and secondly wud i be usin my secondary school transcript to apply if so pls how do i get my originals and 3rdly wat r d gud ways 2 show comitment, sum1 shud pls asist me
Re: Travelling To Canada by tonio2: 10:46am On Aug 19, 2008
@delta,Ay
i called the clinic yesterday and was told that my results were sent to paris 2 days after the medical ie 23rd july.i really have to consider visiting the embassy.i work in abuja and wouldn't want to go all the way to lagos only to be told "we're still processing your application" u know even getting access into the embassy can be a whole day's job, possibly without any outcome.is it possible for s1 to make enquires on my behalf, or pls does anyone know any in house person i can contact just to tell me if theres a problem somewhere. getting time off my job will be another ordeal, im so confused!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2008
toni o.:

@delta,Ay
i called the clinic yesterday and was told that my results were sent to paris 2 days after the medical ie 23rd july.i really have to consider visiting the embassy.i work in abuja and wouldn't want to go all the way to lagos only to be told "we're still processing your application" u know even getting access into the embassy can be a whole day's job, possibly without any outcome.is it possible for s1 to make enquires on my behalf, or please does anyone know any in house person i can contact just to tell me if theres a problem somewhere. getting time off my job will be another ordeal, im so confused!
This is a link to their contacts. Maybe you can try calling a few times; perhaps you might have some luck
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/Nigeria/about_embassy_lagos-en.asp

However, you might be better off visiting the embassy
Re: Travelling To Canada by tonio2: 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2008
ok all, i finally make up my mind to visit the embassy in lagos after exhausting all means of tryn to communicate. the lagos fone says they r processing june appl and will not take enquires. i tried calling and visiting the high commission here in abj, they would not budge, refering me to lagos for each question i asked. i've even sent a mail to lagos office, im really not expecting any reply on that either!

But pls does any1 know how i should go about it at the embassy(on Monday hopefully) @ least they should release my passport and original documents for Gods sake!! my fees were scheduled to be paid august 15 and now i might have to pay late registeration fees. moreso the school in america keeps sending me registration reminders, i cant believe that my two admissions are now in jeopardy, courtesy of our wonderful Canadian high commission! i'm sooo mad!!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 5:30am On Aug 24, 2008
Hi Toni,

I think ur decision to go to the embassy is the best. However, I would like to ask u a few questions.

1. Was it just the medicals u were asked 2 do;or

2. Did they ask for other documentation and or an interview like my own case?

if ur answer to 1 is in the affirmative then save for any major medical issues, you should get ur visa this week. If ur answer to 1 is in the negative, pls submit those docs fortwith.

Pls keep us posted on outcome of ur meeting @ d embassy.

God bless u, u shall succeed.

Neud;

How far? Any news?

Igbo:

Any news from ur end? Has anything changed?

Tanx.
Re: Travelling To Canada by home1986: 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2008
why dnt u all want to reply to my post? i just wana know the school certificate that i need to use to apply for visa and the kind of ties for evidence that i will leave canada after my purposed course, sum1 should please reply me.
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 4:13pm On Aug 24, 2008
Home:

I do not intend to offend u, but am a bit confused about ur application and posts.Initially, u said u had applied for ur visa and u gave the impression at a time that u had received it. Remember u once advised me about fasting and praying. Later u said the embassy returned ur application cos of the fee, u however said later, that u had sent it back around June 2. What exactly is the true position of things? U know dre was a time u were asking about flight options.

Am really not sure what's up?

Well after my epistle my answer to ur question is that u follow the instructions on the form, to the letter.

On transcript: I think u need the original. Go to ur skool and explain to dem. I believe they would help and please involve ur parents and or older siblings.

On school fees:

All u need to do is to prove that u ve got sufficient funds. Please don't pay yet.

Finally on ties to Nigeria:

Show family ties and how useful u wd be to the a particular sector of the Nigerian economy. If u find an uncle or relative nice enough to help, show that he is sponsoring u and is expecting u to come and work for him. U however need to make ur stories consistent and DO NOT CONTRADICT urself cos personally, I see contradictions in ur posts, so be careful.

Additionally, I know that if u read through this topic u wd see posts by veterans such as Delta etc which wd be of enormous aid.

Really, I think all ur questions had been previously answered.

God bless u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada by home1986: 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2008
AM sry i didnt xplain, i got my package and was told to change the bank draft fee to 14, thousand naira coz it was for 15, I did that and i posted it back to them and i got a reply on the 2nd week of this month saying i would not be able to make it to the school at this time that i should get a new start date,, now am planning to get a new start date and reapply, What i used previously was my statement of result coz my Original WEAC was not ready when i first applied coz am a fresh grad from sec skul.and secondly i just wana make sure i get more ideas about all this coz its my first time but my hope is just in God.I recieved another acceptance 3 days ago from UPS which was sent from the sckool with the new start date and now planning to reapply for january, I dont understand why they delay my application but i fink its because i reposted it to them due to the bank draft mistake thats why i cudnt make it again. Anyway Thanks Bro i really apprecciate your concern? am just a young dude trying to make success by my self.
May the Almighty God Bless you,
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2008
@ Aydewale
nothings up for now oo. Gunning to resume my program at dundee this year though.

@ home
I was able to speak with an official of the canadian embassy. She made me understand how so many nigerians have disappionted them. How even the 'rich' people- the ones u will never expect to seek asylum- have gotten their assurance, gone to canada, and the next thing, they receive his asylum papers. so its become a very big issue for them here at the nigerian embassy and I will honestly advise you to try somewhere else. I was eventually told to reapply but i told them I cannot as am already two years late.
She said that at 28 years , you are no longer under parentage care( it ends at 21). so using sponsor documents from dad, mum, sister, etc wont sway anyone. She equally said that u need to proove financial ties before u are considered and having 600k( in my case) in shares wont be sufficient evidence to prrove finaicial ties even as I had up to 2 million cash.
As much as this is unreasonable, thats the position of the embassy regarding applications for study permits from here. Its unfortunate.

Since ur program is january u may reapply but at this time there can be no assurances. it will be a better option for u not to put all ur eggs in a basket so that you are not devastated if you are denied. There are other better places to study. Look around and from the way you sound, u come across as someone whose heart and soul has already gone to canada.

Thats my piece on this issue and I wish u all the luck you need to sail through. You may go ahead and get papers for land, shares etc. Its a risk but u may try it,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2008
igbogolo:

@ home
I was able to speak with an official of the canadian embassy. She made me understand how so many nigerians have disappionted them. How even the 'rich' people- the ones u will never expect to seek asylum- have gotten their assurance, gone to canada, and the next thing, they receive his asylum papers. so its become a very big issue for them here at the nigerian embassy and I will honestly advise you to try somewhere else. I was eventually told to reapply but i told them I cannot as am already two years late.
She said that at 28 years , you are no longer under parentage care( it ends at 21). so using sponsor documents from dad, mum, sister, etc wont sway anyone. She equally said that u need to proove financial ties before u are considered and having 600k( in my case) in shares wont be sufficient evidence to prrove finaicial ties even as I had up to 2 million cash.
As much as this is unreasonable, thats the position of the embassy regarding applications for study permits from here. Its unfortunate.

Since your program is january u may reapply but at this time there can be no assurances. it will be a better option for u not to put all your eggs in a basket so that you are not devastated if you are denied. There are other better places to study. Look around and from the way you sound, u come across as someone whose heart and soul has already gone to canada.

Thats my piece on this issue and I wish u all the luck you need to sail through. You may go ahead and get papers for land, shares etc. Its a risk but u may try it,

Thanks for sharing this. . . .you're not incorrect. Applying for canadian visa is a thug of war now. lol. It's more like passing through the eye of the needle. Your writeup affirms what happened recently to some Nigerian delegates billed to attend the World Youth Congress -WYC'08. Could you believe that less than 8 were given visas (out of 42) despite all the necessary documents submitted? The canadian embassy wouldn't even bulged. . . undecided

Sometimes, you just feel like changing your nationality to one better country wink because of the humiliation, rejection etc that we're faced with.
It's saddening. But I strongly believe that a time shall come, when things shall be turned around, and Nigerians shall be well-regarded, respected. That is my dream.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tjadeba(m): 9:26am On Aug 26, 2008
@ everyone,
when they talk about land papers(documents) to prove the point that you have strong ties with Nigeria,do you have to provide a C of O of the land or what?someone told me one can provide the one(s) that belong to ones parent to prove that.
also,

Ayadewale,
did your place of work had to write a study leave letter for you?
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 1:27pm On Aug 26, 2008
Tdj:

I had to get a leave letter from my place of work. In fact, i had to include my letter of employment, my letters of promotion and a leave letter stating that the office would continue to pay my salary while on leave.

Thanks and I wish you all the very best.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tjadeba(m): 10:52am On Aug 27, 2008
@aydewale,
could you please email me on ayoadebayoy2k@yahoo.com,
please i need a sketch of a leave letter stating that the office would continue to pay my salary while on leave(just a draft,not your real one o!).and a letter of introduction(draft)
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by tonio2: 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2008
@aydewale,

i was invited for an interview and also asked to do medicals. on the interview slip, it sated that i should bring along my original documents, which original documents you may ask, afterall my docs from primary sch to employment letter were already with them, so wat more documents could i have gone with. anyway, the interview was relatively ok, she asked why i chose to study in canada and what was the meaning of electrical electronics,she didnt really ask for any other documents save for my current(salary) account bank statement which i re-submitted(i already submitted it b4),and a letter from my employer which she acknowleged she already had a copy of my study leave approval, this was over a month ago

As i said, i was in the embassy on monday filled a form stating my complaints(there happened to be 2 of us with similar complaints) and the guards took the forms in and after some time came out to tell us that they were still processing our applications and there is no definite date they'll be through. i told them that my school had resumed and i might not meet up with fall session again. they said that they'd call me if necessary and as for now my presence is not needed.
Well wat else could i do? i just gave my friend a letter of authority to act on my behalf in case anything comes up cos i had to return bac to abuja that same day.the other guy said hell chk bac on thurs an get bac to me if anything happens
aydewale:

Hi Toni,

I think your decision to go to the embassy is the best. However, I would like to ask u a few questions.

1. Was it just the medicals u were asked 2 do;or

2. Did they ask for other documentation and or an interview like my own case?

if your answer to 1 is in the affirmative then save for any major medical issues, you should get your visa this week. If your answer to 1 is in the negative, please submit those docs fortwith.

Please keep us posted on outcome of your meeting @ d embassy.

God bless u, u shall succeed.

Neud;

How far? Any news?

Igbo:

Any news from your end? Has anything changed?

Tanx.

@aydewale,
also i the guy i met said i was supposed to include a return courier envelope when i went for the interview, but the interview lady didnt ask for one. did u include it in yours?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2008
Yes!

You were supposed to include it. If you had read through the doc u were given, u wd see that clearly stated.

In my own case, they did not return my passport by courier b4 the interview, it was one day I told some1 in my office to go and help me check that they gave the docs to her on my behalf.

Really if they did not return the prepaid courier envelop u earlier submitted, then I think they wd send everything with it now.

If not then they may call u. To be proactive, u may just send the prepaid to them with a cover note stating ur particulars and ur file number, in particular.

I wish u all the best.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.