Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (454251 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ Adewale
Congratulations.
I must say im so impressed by ur carriage. those questions can knock almost anybody out.
so go get ur flight ticket. You are on your way man,
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 7:22pm On Jul 30, 2008
Delta007:

AY, congrats. Please pad up your account before u cross the pond because I'm the treasurer and I'd be collecting the relocation taxes upfront otherwise, na MMIA straight.

make that double padding. . . . I'll be waiting for you in Calgary to collect my share.

CONGRATS!
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 7:53pm On Jul 30, 2008
Well Igb, by God's grace am sure you would ve a much more enthralling story by God's grace. One of success. I think it was just God's decision that I get it not scholarship, power or ability. not even any issue of credibility. Lessons in my view. Be as honest as possible and if you must fabricate stories, must be logical and quite verifiable and DO NOT contradict urself.

Also made up my mind to always invest a part of my earnings on stuff like shares, rely less on my ability and understanding but believe in God.

You know I deposited a additionally money in my account, money I got from my fiancee, about 200k and the Visa Officer asked about its source, why the sudden increase in my account. Was lucky I could explain was my salary cos I paid it in myself and wrote my firm as depositors on my deposit slip.

GOD is good. smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 8:19pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ adewale

LOL! abi?? LOL!
Im still on the waiting list ooo but im sure something good will come out of this rather long wait.
when u went for the medicals, did u pay or was it free?
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 9:35pm On Jul 30, 2008
Paid 26k but doctor told me that if I had any serious malady, I might ve had to pay an extra 10-15k for treatment. However as God would have it, nothing serious.

Yours is on the way in Jesus name.
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 9:46pm On Jul 30, 2008
@ adewale
what kain test dem dey do with 26k? na waoh!
ok ooo. Congrats once again.
keep in touch
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2008
I will keep in touch by God's grace. In fact I will give u a call 2morrow. Am grateful for the cncern.

God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by funkybaby(f): 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2008
@aydewale

Congratulations! I have been a keen reader of this thread and i was also eagerly awaiting the outcome of your application - your's was rather 'special' since you were given full scholarship.

I must say that i have learnt a lot personally from the contributions on this thread.

Kudos to Ezinwanmen, Debosky and most especially Mr Escalade -Delta007 wink

Really nice that you guys can share your experience with other people and how best to go about the whole canadian thingy. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ezinwannem: 4:02am On Jul 31, 2008
CONGRATULATIONS!! Remember I told u not 2 worry that the Visa is urs, come and join us jare, we need ppl like u. I'm really happy for. tell us wen u will be landing oooooooooo, aww, am so happy
Re: Travelling To Canada by marydre: 9:09am On Jul 31, 2008
Congratulation AY! always told you to be patient, pray and have faith in God. When you get there don't forget your fiancee o! cheesy. Anyway would hopefully meet you in canada by December. All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada by megastu(m): 10:35am On Jul 31, 2008
adywale,

A big congratulations. Please give me your number, so that i can call you.

Regards,
Re: Travelling To Canada by tjadeba(m): 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2008
congrats man, no forget Nairaland o!!!!!! grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada by asimit: 5:27pm On Jul 31, 2008
Aydwale,
              Congrats and wish you luck in your new endeavour.My package was returned yesterday with the reason that they are not sure am a bonafide student despite the fact that they accepted that my papers are genuine and i do not have any problem with finances,which kain reason be that but i guess i cause it,i should have listen to Ezinwa when she said i should pay when the college was pressurising me.

Its quite painful though as i had made all arrangement with my company and now,trying to talk to them to defer my leave of absence till probably next Jan or Sept as the school says they will get back to me if they are going to take student for Jan. No sweat,life continues.

Igbogbo,wish you well too.Having foreign certificate on once CV does something to the emploer and don't blame them.Till next year,struggle continues

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by megastu(m): 6:47pm On Jul 31, 2008
asimit,

Take it easy. God has a reason for everything. I was denied a student visa in 2005 to go and do my masters in the U.K. i went to amsterdam, did the same masters, came home, married my lovely wife and now i have a lovely child. I am thanking the visa officer that denied me that visa.

I know how painful visa refusal can be, but take heart, and don't give up.
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2008
@ azimt and all

I must admit this whole thing has become a bit emotional for me. Yes,last year i was told im not a ''bonafide'' student and that I will not come back after my studies. Applying for a visa now requires ones soul. its so sapping, so engaging, so difficult.
Azimit dont worri maybe there is an unseen hand in their decision. Just pause and listen, God might be talking to you.

Thanks all for all the encouragement. There were days i really looked foward to reading a comment from any one of us. I feel like calling a get together party.

Mine is now 65 days no response. God im tired!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by home1986: 9:06am On Aug 01, 2008
i was at d canada embasy yestaday and they said they were goin to contact me dat if not ready by august dat i wil be require to get a new start date, am kinda confuse wit dat statement coz i dnt kno wat to do now?can any one pls advise
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 11:50am On Aug 01, 2008
@ home1986
Shebi they returned ur application over issues with the bank draft after 3 weeks?
Thats the problem. They will still require at least 3 months to 'process' that application irrespective of the fact that u had submitted 2nd June. Call your school, request for a back up latter. Let them extend your resumption date. Contact your international office. Send mails. Call.
Do it now!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2008
@ all
my application was returned today
It was denied.
The reasons given are:

1. That I do not have enough money to take care of my education.
2. That I am not a bona fide student (again).
3. That I will not return to nigeria after my studies(again).

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by Gonorrhea(m): 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2008
igbogolo:

@ all
my application was returned today
It was denied.
The reasons given are:

1. That I do not have enough money to take care of my education.
2. That I am not a bona fide student (again).
3. That I will not return to nigeria after my studies(again).

eeya pele, take heart and dont give up!
Re: Travelling To Canada by bluesky4(f): 2:36pm On Aug 01, 2008
Gonorrhea:

eeya pele, take heart and don't give up!

CHEI! wat kind name be that, shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2008
Thats sad to hear igbogolo sad

What exactly does not being a bona fide student mean? undecided Does that mean they couldn't confirm your admission details or that they felt you were not going to study?

The third reason is the standard one given when there is no cogent reason to deny a visa, sadly there is little anyone can do with respect to that apart from maybe having a wife and children or houses - how many young students can have that?

Was the financial reason given last year as well as a reason for denial or is that a new addition? Iwas wondering because you didn't mention that as a reason in your previous post.

On a philosophical note, maybe this just isn't the route for you - like megatsu said, there might be higher reasons why things pan out this way.

Take heart bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Gonorrhea(m): 2:49pm On Aug 01, 2008
blue-sky:

CHEI! what kind name be that, shocked

my guy, leave tori, console Igbogolo!

AIDS and Veneral diseases are real!Be Aware
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2008
@Igb:

I am convinced God has more brilliant plans ahead for you. Dont be despondent. He would work things out for you and his most sublime plans and will for your life would come to fruition.

God bless you.
Re: Travelling To Canada by marydre: 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2008
@igb sorry you weren't given again. Could you not paying part of the tuition fee be the reason? because i heard they do call the school to verify if the intending applicant has confirmed and paid at least part of his tuition fees. Guess dts why they said you are not a bonafide student. How much was in the account you presented to them? does it cover all tuition and other expenses? all these they look at to determine if you would be given a visa or not.
Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2008
@ All
Thanks for the encouragement
I had 1.7million in my account but also submitted shares worth 600k.
the tuition is 36,000 CAD.
I used my sister as sponsor. She had 9mil in her account. she is single.

Its a sad day for me today. I wonder why they kept me anxious for 70 days.
Chei!!!

@ Aydewale
Thanks Bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 6:43am On Aug 03, 2008
@nedureg01: how far with your interview on July 25th, hope it went well.

Kindly share ur experience with us.
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 2:12pm On Aug 05, 2008
Any news from anyone, still waiting O to receive the visa, LIVE! I hear it takes up to 3 weeks after medicals before issuance. Hope wont be twice that long like the initial wait.

Wishing everyone all the best,

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by igbogolo: 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2008
@ adewale
LOL. im sure it wont take that long.
I hear its issued from Ghana am not too sure about this info though
Wishing you all the very best

Regards
igbogolo,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2008
aydewale:

Any news from anyone, still waiting O to receive the visa, LIVE! I hear it takes up to 3 weeks after medicals before issuance. Hope wont be twice that long like the initial wait.

Wishing everyone all the best,
Yes u are right. It's 3wks min from your medicals before they'd call you to issue the visa and a letter. The visa only allows you entry into Canada. The day you fly in, you'd be given a study permit at the port of entry.

@Igbo, it's just too bad. Take it easy and I wish u all the best in your endeavours.

@Funky:
Dont worry, if and when you decide to come to Canada, I'd take you through the xpress route with all my connections. I'd make sure you are not subjected to long waits or rejections. I'd ensure that your pretty smile remains on your face all day long. So when are you coming?  grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2008
igbogolo:

@ adewale
LOL. im sure it wont take that long.
I hear its issued from Ghana am not too sure about this info though
Wishing you all the very best

Regards
igbogolo,

The visas are issued right there in the High Commission, in fact if your medical results are already processed it can be issued on the spot.
@ Igbo

I think you should pay some of your fees in future before commencing, provided that it is refundable of course - the truth is your own funds are not sufficient to cover the tuition alone, and would require at least half of the money in your sponsors account to cover all the expenses. It may be more advisable to pay the fees in part at least, showing you have a firm commitment.

@ Ade

keep up the pressure; if for any reason you don't get it after three weeks, call the High Commission. I had a significant delay between my medicals and the visa issuance, so be vigilant.
Re: Travelling To Canada by megastu(m): 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2008
@ADE,

Hope say u no get Gono, otherwise that medical don spoil d whole thing. HAHAHAHA, How far with the number.
Re: Travelling To Canada by aydewale: 5:24pm On Aug 05, 2008
@ Mega embarassed

kindly let me have your email addy and I would send it to you. God bless you.

Debo:

I would call at the embassy again exactly in the third week.

Thanks to everyone, Wishing you the very best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.