Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (454938 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by Cuddlemii: 3:28am On Nov 30, 2011
@wealth20,

Congrats and I wish you all the best in your endeavors. Take care.

To the rest of the hopefuls, it will surely come.
Re: Travelling To Canada by canadawaha: 7:59am On Nov 30, 2011
@all, can any one tell me when CDHC is going on xmas holiday cox I am think of visiting them in their Lagos office.

Submitted June 2011,did my medical in August 2011 since then I've not heard from as per TRV.

My start date is January 9th 2012.

I live in Owerri, Imo state.

please House is it wise to go to their office to know what is wrong cox I think by now they should have said something-positive or negative.

Though I have written several e-mail but they keep on saying the same thing that they are still processing;some times they complaining that the volume of application is high.
Re: Travelling To Canada by nikeylee94(f): 11:03am On Nov 30, 2011
canadawaha:

@all, can any one tell me when CDHC is going on xmas holiday cox I am think of visiting them in their Lagos office.

Submitted June 2011,did my medical in August 2011 since then I've not heard from as per TRV.

My start date is January 9th 2012.

I live in Owerri, Imo state.

please House is it wise to go to their office to know what is wrong cox I think by now they should have said something-positive or negative.

Though I have written several e-mail but they keep on saying the same thing that they are still processing;some times they complaining that the volume of application is high.

dont worry it will come latest end of december.it would have been returned if their was a problem.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Ibracyber(m): 11:05am On Nov 30, 2011
@ goshen360 and tipsy 289 hw much canada can cost dis tym I mean d total package bt nt a student visa,
Re: Travelling To Canada by rowlandoo: 11:07am On Nov 30, 2011
@weath20

You ar yet to list Us the documents You sent it to CDHC , i am so happy for you , Are u Undergraduate or Msc
Re: Travelling To Canada by nikeylee94(f): 11:15am On Nov 30, 2011
mowney:

Pls can someone help gimmie a list of d few affordable but good schools in canada 4 an average nigerian like me grin . I want to go for my msc in september 2013

-Memorial University
-University of the Fraser Valley
-kings university college
-Seneca college
-bishops university
Re: Travelling To Canada by Wealth21: 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2011
@All sorry for the delay in listing my documents.

1) Passport
2) All the required forms i.e the application form, the student questionaire e.t.c
3) Bank Statement of my sponsor stating $35,000 in his account (Uncle).
4) Original land documents for myself, my mum and my sponsor
5) Court Affidavit of support (although i sent this to them later later)
6) Reciept of my initial $2,000 down payment
7) Neco certificate ( i didnt use the original because i didn't have it, i used the one printed on my high school letter heading)
cool Original Certificate of my Bachelors degree
9) Admission letter, detailing the breakdown of cost of the program

I must note and to be honest, i don't think my application was well packaged but it was God that put the seal of approval.
God bless, let me know if any questions
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2011
@ wealth21, that's a good one, pls which province are you heading, do you plan going before christmas, pls lets know about flight deals as soon as you get one. I heard one way is more expensive compared to return tickets.
Re: Travelling To Canada by gogedda: 5:41pm On Nov 30, 2011
@wealth 20, congrat once more,
few questions below for u,
1) didn't your uncle provide sources of income, because u didn't indicate it.

2)the land documents u submitted, was it C of O, becaause my mum and dad(sponser) doesn't have C of O

3) i heard we are to prove what we are doing or involved in, like a job or something, did u submiit any documents to prove that you are working since i just finsh my NYSC dis year june and i am not working yet,because i am planing on applying nxt year. did u show it?
waiting for your reply
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by yk1808: 10:55pm On Nov 30, 2011
please have just been offered admission at Centennial college Canada.and i was told i will need account statement.pls do i need Tax clearance,certificate of incorporation etc along?because my bros that is financing me does not have all these.also do i have to pay my sch fee balance b4 i travel?as hv paid the initial deposit.thx
Re: Travelling To Canada by agiboma(f): 6:17am On Dec 01, 2011
@yk808

have you tred applying for"bursaries or scholarships" all th schools have them go to their website and look into this also the government of Ontario gives assistance to students now im not sure if international students can apply so ask your advisor about this. good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada by agiboma(f): 6:22am On Dec 01, 2011
nikeylee94:

-Memorial University
-kings university college
-Seneca college
-bishops university

try Georgian college i went their and they gave me bursaries every semester the equivalent of 400,000 naira per semester. but i am a Canadian citizenso i am not sure if the same rules apply to international students
Re: Travelling To Canada by usask4life: 7:53am On Dec 01, 2011
@ Cycline404, allexy2, Tolyem and all other medical hopfuls both silent and rest, the clock is ticking, What's up? What's going on? Its about 5 weeks to most resumption dates and nothing yet? Pls u guys should keep us posted on the latest infos in CDHC cuz I am gradually running outta patience. I mean, does it make sense if one goes to CDHC to enquire abt his application? Cuz an email I sent last week says its still in process. Its over 2 months now buddy, Whatchu all think is the best step to take at this point in time? Any suggestion abeg,
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 8:24am On Dec 01, 2011
cdhc always compound things for themself, they are delaying now o, when is mid december now they will start sending medicals with a funny letter saying docs have not been verified, and guys will start looking for appointment because it would have been booked. Medical hopeful start thinking of acting now, 'cos december is not a full month 'cos of the holidays.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Wealth21: 10:43am On Dec 01, 2011
@ Sunteria am headed to Newfoundland. The tickets are pretty expensive, but i would let you knw know as it comes along.

@ goggeda,
1) The letter of sponsorship from my uncle was written on his business letterhead
2) Yes the land documents were with C of Os but mine wasn't but i sent it all the same
3) I didn't include my NYSC certificate. I served at NNPC during my service year, thankfully after NYSC they asked me to stay on for an extra few months because of a project i was a part of. So in my application i said i was a graduate trainee with them, so that covered what i have been doing.
Re: Travelling To Canada by yk1808: 11:08am On Dec 01, 2011
hey pple,pls nobody seems to have answered my question!I SAID DO I NEED TO ADD MY UNCLES CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION TAX CLEARANCE etc together with his account statement?because he doesnt have all these,he just gave me his account statement.Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by rowlandoo: 11:24am On Dec 01, 2011
@all

PLEASE CAN ANYONE LIST THE DOCUMENTS THAT IS SUITABLE FOR AND UNDERGRADUATE STUDY PERMIT , ITS URGENT PLEASE.
THANKS
Re: Travelling To Canada by oluweri: 11:36am On Dec 01, 2011
@all just got a call from ups to pick my package. my heart is thumping. unfortunately i cant go today i am quite far away from their location will be back late. till tommorrow mornining keep you posted. it can only be good news oh!
Re: Travelling To Canada by marcar(m): 12:17pm On Dec 01, 2011
oluweri:

@all just got a call from ups to pick my package. my heart is thumping. unfortunately i cant go today i am quite far away from their location will be back late. till tommorrow mornining keep you posted. it can only be good news oh!

Boss cool down your mind you will share your good news!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2011
@Oluweri, there is nothing to panic about, biiigggggg congratulations,,, my own heart is already pounding because Ihave not gotten a call yet o. Congrats ooooo.

@ Iy18808, guy wetin you want do with tax clearance, na wa for you o, just submit his bank statement, all d best,

@rowlando, pls read past post you will see what others submitted, there is no standard, just compare what you have with cdhc requirement and past post, so read there r more thsn 50 post of docs submitted by successful undergraduate applicant.
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2011
@oluweri, are you in lagos? Cos i want to estimate wen i can get my call. As per B boy.
Re: Travelling To Canada by readymade: 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2011
@ overloved

What I mean is that if you do only 1 year course in a Canada institution , then you must have 2 years Canada work experience to be eligible for the CEC (Canada experiece category). So what it means basically is that the 1yr course does not count. You know ther are 2 ways one qualifies for the CEC, through the education route or the employment route, I got my PR through the employment route having done only 1 yr of college.

Hope that explains it,
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2011
@Oluweri,
stay cool. It's ur visa( God willing) cheesy cool
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2011
@oluweri,
When did u summit ur application,
have u also done your medicals, pls kip me imformed cos mine is first week of sept. Not heard frm dem
Re: Travelling To Canada by timmyBf: 3:42pm On Dec 01, 2011
@readymade and others.

now i understand what you mean. but i am thinking that the 2yrs working experience will be an occupation that is in high demand in Canada before you can apply for permanent resident. in order words, my question is, ''is it any type of work that you have gained a work experienced for two years makes you eligible to apply ?
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 4:09pm On Dec 01, 2011
@ALL I AM YET TO HEAR FROM THIS PEOPLE O, THIS IS THE 1ST DAY OF DEC. START DATE IS JAN 12. ALL IS WELL, WOULD EMAIL THEM ON TUES.
Re: Travelling To Canada by oluweri: 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
@snuteria yep lagos base but on engagement outside my base now knew i was not going to make it back before close of bussiness hours today. sorry for replying late you know wein de now.??
i hope i can sleep oh! been thinkkinng bout it since i got the call. till tomorrow.
@prince
date of submission : 21 sep 2011
medicals done : 4 Nov 2011
Trv received: tomorow by his grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cycline404(m): 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2011
oluweri:

@snuteria yep lagos base but on engagement outside my base now knew i was not going to make it back before close of bussiness hours today. sorry for replying late you know wein de now.??
i hope i can sleep oh! been thinkkinng bout it since i got the call. till tomorrow.
@prince
date of submission : 21 sep 2011
medicals done : 4 Nov 2011
Trv received: tomorow by his grace.

GO AND PICK UP UR VISA TOMORROW.
Re: Travelling To Canada by gogedda: 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2011
@oluweri
please did you use any travel agent, it seems your own processing was fast compared to the other.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2011
@Oluweri
Its your TRV oh, go and get it.We dey follow you for back
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2011
@oluweri, summited sept 2nd ooooh, and my resumption is 3rd, 4th before, no info since den
i pleed d blood of Jesus on ur applicatn n mine,
Sucess sure
get back to us tomorrow pls
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2011
@oluweri, congrats again o, sincr you got your call today, I believe they also sent my package, so will check tomorow. But it's good they sent your package, it's just an assurance that they have received it from paris.

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.