Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (454782 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by seedgie(m): 5:50am On Dec 03, 2011
all the gurus in d house, pls wat do u think abt using poutry farm as wat am currently doing to package my application to CDHC for 2012 fall cos am curently not wrking. I can only tender my pictures as evidence pls i need your suggestions pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada by oluweri: 9:34am On Dec 03, 2011
@ yk1808 you do not have to pay unless the embassy asks you to i was asked to pay a years tution fees during my medicals. if you can download the checklist( its three pages) on their site you would have an idea of what to submit.
i will paste the docs used shortly
cheers mate
Re: Travelling To Canada by oluwerixer: 11:42am On Dec 03, 2011
@all i posted my list of docs but it was removed for anti spam bot don,t know what that means.been banned from posting. any way i will re modify and re post it during the week unless the ban is lifted before then.
cheers matey's
Re: Travelling To Canada by kanayogod(m): 11:48am On Dec 03, 2011
@Oluweri, goshen, Usask, newacca, and all, how can I waive the GRE conditionality at Memorial University, i wish to study MS Computer Science, I might not have adequate time to prepare for the exam. Your replies are urgently needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada by obaseki11: 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2011
@all pls can anybody tell me how or which bank in getting bank draft for ma canadian application fees
pls which bank will i use?i have GTB in mind though i dont have an account with them need advice pls
wish every one blessed weekend cool
Re: Travelling To Canada by oluwerixer: 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2011
embarassed cry my list of docs is being removed don,t know y been unbanned then banned again guess i cannot list them or it needs remodification,
@ seedgie i am not one of the gurus but what ever u use has to be logical. it can be used what ever you do has to be backed up evidence either you are the owner show proof incorporation or registration or you work for the company letter from the company. if you are the owner who will over see it when you leave except there is a partnership involved ( show proof) .
@kanyogod don't know bout gre but i believe there is a waiver for people from this country maybe one orf the gurus can shed more light. talk to Snuteria or Newacca
@obasekii i know of gtb mastercard for payment or via gtb dom account
cheers mate
Re: Travelling To Canada by yk1808: 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2011
@Oluweri,thanks alot really appreciate u,cos i can imagine how busy u will be now.But i have 2 issues 1.am using a sponsor and he can only give me his account statement with the bank refrence.(HE DOESN'T HAVE CERTIFICATE OF INC TAX CLEARANCE etc)2.am with one audit firm for training(I MEAN AM NOT ON SALARY)but the firm is ready to give me letter to proof that am on training with them.i applied for forensic audit and investigation and am prsently on ACCA exam which i can proof.Pls for better explanation,can u inbox me ur mobile number,so i can call u to give u d detailssadyinkarowland@yahoo.com)thanks alot, IT CAN ONLY BE POSITIVE
Re: Travelling To Canada by obaseki11: 2:07pm On Dec 03, 2011
oluwerixer:

embarassed cry my list of docs is being removed don,t know y been unbanned then banned again guess i cannot list them or it needs remodification,
@ seedgie i am not one of the gurus but what ever u use has to be logical. it can be used what ever you do has to be backed up evidence either you are the owner show proof incorporation or registration or you work for the company letter from the company. if you are the owner who will over see it when you leave except there is a partnership involved ( show proof) .
@kanyogod don't know bout gre but i believe there is a waiver for people from this country maybe one orf the gurus can shed more light. talk to Snuteria or Newacca
@obasekii i know of gtb mastercard for payment or via gtb dom account
cheers mate
but i dont have any account with gtb so how do i go about it?thanx
Re: Travelling To Canada by ausdy(m): 2:52pm On Dec 03, 2011
@all pls can anyone advice me on what to write as postal code as my office doesnt have one
or is it must that i should write postal code when filling the application?pls advice me thanx every one
Re: Travelling To Canada by Revaspice: 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2011
Hi all,

am kinda new to dis forum and I need help wit visa issues before i make a formal application, My brother is going to sponsor me (works wit an oil and gas firm wit abt N30m salary p.a) so I dont tink I have a problem wit finances, d problem is , since my youth service ended in 2009, i've not had a job, am a single lady about 26+yrs old, what would be a good proof dat I would return to my home country (my parents are both retired but they run a private agro-allied business)and how do I scale the 'bonafide' student thingy?

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 03, 2011
@ revaspice, since your parents own an agro-allied biz, n if your course is agric or biz based u can say you have been helping them, Also, since your broda has a fat account, he could finance you with money to expand the agro allied biz if you said that is your area of interest, you have a strong back up, just write your statement of purpose well n let their be Coherence in your application.
We shall get there Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2011
Also, I think the bonafide issue has to do with the relationship between your intial course and proposed course of study and also the schools reputations
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2011
@kanayogod,
Sorry,I dnt knw much abt GRE. I applied for professional certification in Canada and it does not require GRE,SAT or other exams for me to be admitted. U may ask some of the house members and Chiefs that applied for UG especially those for MS.

[b][/b]@obaseki11,
The CDHC has the list of the Banks required for u to get the bank draft for visa application to its office. Meanwhile,one of the Banks is Diamond Bank. I used it when I applied. Even if u dnt have GTB acct.u can still get the draft if GTB is among d Banks listed by CDHC. Just tell the cashier u wanna buy draft to pay for visa applctn. addressed to Canadian Deputy High Commission,lagos. If d bank isn't in Lagos,direct d  bank to write 'PAYABLE IN LAGOS' on it.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2011
@ kanayogod,
MUN is competitive because of its low tuition stuff and since you r going for an Msc in a very analytical discipline, you might not be able to do without GRE but if you a 1st class or a strong 2:1 dat might help a little.
My advise is submit other required docs not choose better confident date for GRE exam and the result could be sent later to the school.
Second option, apply to other cheap schools or choose other related course dat does not require Gre, We shal get there, Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada by oluweri: 5:44pm On Dec 03, 2011
@obasekii sorry i got ur questionnn wronng thought it was international payment. newacca has answered the question. i used zenith bank draft. you dont need to have an account to do the draft though some may require some identification eg int passport , drivers licence. check for a list of the banks they use on their website or their office its pasted there. cheers mate
Re: Travelling To Canada by Revaspice: 10:03pm On Dec 03, 2011
@globalpaul, tanx a lot.

my first degree is a BS in management information science and i intend to do MS computer science. looks lyk dere's no correlation btw agric and MIS, so am a bit confused.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 11:07pm On Dec 03, 2011
@ revaspace,
Gosh! Well, you r going for a very germane course that will benefit your home immensely, you have to state how your academic n professional prowess will impact a sector of the nation's economy, pick a sector as a case study, mayb health, road safety, technology, even agriculture, its all Depends on d way u coin your words n case.
If your sponsor is your sibling, present him not av to much responsibility, so he would be able to assist you financially to establish your biz.
Lastly, gud family ties, community development, commitment reponsibilities, marriage certificate, n future employment also contribute to justify your plight.
I hope ds has help a little, we shall get t
Re: Travelling To Canada by kanayogod(m): 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2011
@globapaul, newacca, goshen, oluweri and all, much love for the response! I'm really happy tht more light has been shed on the GRE palave, i intend apply to Univ. Of Saskatchewan, I have a 2.2 and interested in Computer Science, though GRE is not compulsory, but 'might enhance chances', what other strong front can one present to make one's application stand out and sail through in view of the fact tht i dont hhave a 1st class and 2. 1?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2011
@ kanayagod,
GRE is the only way if the school request 4 it, if not mail d graduate school, tell dem ur grade n ask wat u can do to be on a better chance among your competitors. Also, good project with affectionate supervisor, I Av a friend with 4:47 CGPA who was denied admission @ u of s Cos he didnot follow up with his supervisor, MSC admission is based on personal assessment n cordial relationship with ya supervisor,
University of Saskatchewan is a gud school though.
We shall get there, Amen!
Re: Travelling To Canada by canadawaha: 7:19pm On Dec 04, 2011
@all can any 1 tell me when CDHC will be closing office 4 xmas holiday?

I am thinking of going 2 there office 2 inquire about my application.

1st submission 6th June 2011

Medical done on 18th August 2011

TRV,

I have written them several e-mail but they gave me the same response that it is on process.

I am confused-If I may ask;what in Gods name are they processing that will take all this time? Is it not the same thing been processed at the UK, USA and other European consulate?
Re: Travelling To Canada by canadawaha: 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2011

TRV ,

I have written them several e-mail but they gave me the same response that it is on process.

I am confused-If I may ask;what in Gods name are they processing that will take all this time? Is it not the same thing been processed at the UK, USA and other European consulate?
Re: Travelling To Canada by canadawaha: 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2011

TRV ,

Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2011
praise and glory to God in the highest, who did not let my waiting to be in vain.

I GOT MY TRV TODAY, 3 1/2 YEARS MULTIPLE ENTRY.
I beg help me thank God.
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2011
@ oluweri, my trv was released with yours but for B boy wey I be, I got it today.
This weekend was so bad fof my bp, I couldnt sleep, just so worried after yours.

I beg inbox me your number make we connect. God bless.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bashtee: 3:35pm On Dec 05, 2011
@snuteria
Congrat!! Am so glad for you, who says patience who says patience doesn't count? Are you heading toronto?
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 3:44pm On Dec 05, 2011
@snuteria
Big congrats to u.Finally,u got it.yr patience has finally paid off.
Re: Travelling To Canada by snuteria: 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2011
@ oluweri, inbox me your number, airect2003@yahoo.com

@joeburster, bulstriker thanks for your scolding on page 162 of this forum when i ask some questions, i am so grateful, i just have to keep interceeding for you guys. We will all hear good news.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bullstriker: 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2011
@snuteria
i desperately need it(intercession).My start date is less than a month yet i have not even smell medical call not to talk of TRV.Honestly,i envious of you guys.But i know one thing''God is able''.
Re: Travelling To Canada by newacca: 4:48pm On Dec 05, 2011
@snuteria
Congrats B-boy!  cheesy I'm happy 4 u.

@ All,
I got mail from DHL today. Medical test required for the third time.  cool Allahu Mon ya shau( Allah does as it pleases him). Only him knows why this is happening to me. I submit myself totally to his will.(Insha Allah)
Delay is never a denial. He's AS'SABUR(THE PATIENT ONE)
I think the embassy is requesting more chest x-ray report as I was given a seal letter directed to the DMP.
Yet, it's not over until it's over. My EAGLE shall fly!
Salam.(Peace)

@Bullstriker,
I believe you gotta receive positive response.(God willing)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.