Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455435 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 12:15am On Sep 14, 2009
hi luiz world wat was ur first degree, was it business related, wat i fink u shld do is to go to the embassy nd find out the reqirements, u need to hurry up since u will be, but at the same time take it easy so u wont rush in and out, i hope dat u are sponsoring urself or u are being sponsored by ur parents cos all those aunty uncle shindig does nt work, jst go to the embassy first nd make enquiries, dnt worry it is well. God bless u
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 12:33am On Sep 14, 2009
mevisbleek:

@hotstepper u guys shld not get me wrong i am not trying to feel fly with myself or trying to brag here, hw can someone be advising an mba student like me like he is advising an undergrad, my own is that i cant concentrate without them ladies around me
Again sorry sir, mr MBA student that cannot be advised. grin

People have messed up post grad degrees before, even with first class degrees, so I'd advise again that you don't place yourself higher than you should - no one is above mistakes.

Studying in Canada is different from Nigeria (from personal experience) - that is all I am trying to tell you. If you think I insulted you then I apologise - when your daily posts are about babes this and [i]babes that, [/i]you can't expect people not to comment.

I know you're a sharp guy that can combine everything well - maybe I'll buzz you next time I'm in O-town, it's my second Canadian home town. wink
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:44am On Sep 14, 2009
@mevisbleek, u r just hilarious in a stupid way, lol
who is playa hating? even people with post doctorate degree still listen to other people and whether they accepts it or not, no one knows
lemme tell u again, skooling in CANADA aint schooling in Nigeria and hmm, dere is no bribe oo so its fail, fail out
b/w u aint the 1st person to be doing MBA and wont be the last.its a common thing
dont let the peaceful and no stress life in Canada control u ooo and ofcourse, babes from around the world, lol

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 12:49am On Sep 14, 2009
@debosky there is not problem we are good, lets be united as the chinese pple, thanks for the advise, i gat u, thnx
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 12:55am On Sep 14, 2009
@hotstepper, take it easy we are good if u know me u wld know that i jst say babes for the fun of sayin it, its nt really my tin, jst take it easy i will nt fail in jesus name, say amen, we are good, nxt time u are in o town maybe we wld hook up, i jst did all this to see pples reaction, pls u guys shld advise the new guy. God bless u all, hotstepper why u wan crucify me am i not ur friend again, no be me and u dey plan yankee paroll, take it easy girlllllllllllllllll
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 14, 2009
hi luiz world wat was your first degree, was it business related, wat i fink u shld do is to go to the embassy nd find out the reqirements, u need to hurry up since u will be, but at the same time take it easy so u wont rush in and out, i hope dat u are sponsoring urself or u are being sponsored by your parents cos all those aunty uncle shindig does nt work, jst go to the embassy first nd make enquiries, dnt worry it is well. God bless u.

@ mevisbleek yes the course is related. I had a bsc in accounting and my parents are the ones sponsoring me.
i need all the info i can get so that i can brace maself up for the challenges i wuld face ahead. coz i know it aint gonna be easy
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:25am On Sep 14, 2009
@mevisbleek, no probs, we r kool for sure
b/w, we neva planned no yankee thingy ooo, u invited me joo
how is O town? u should come my side for da independence now
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 1:30am On Sep 14, 2009
i swear to u i wld love to come but my sister assignment are so much, my head wants to burst, where do u stay, go to facebook and type vino tinto i wld add u.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:41am On Sep 14, 2009
done
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2009
@hottest stepper give me the location of the oct 1 shindig
Re: Travelling To Canada by suxes2005(m): 11:42am On Sep 15, 2009
Hi all,

Please which school is the cheapest in Canada for Under Grad studies.

Waiting for blessed reply.

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 15, 2009
@mevis bleek i want ask u somethin when applyin 4 ur visa did u submit transcipts and results along with it.or was it just bank statments,passport and acceptance letter.
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 3:01pm On Sep 15, 2009
@luizworld yea brof i submitted my transcript and even gmat result, just submit every tin u ve, i even submitted my personal statement ie career plan
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2009
@susex2005, carleton u is kind of ok, why dnt u check d websites, sorry abt the stress this might cause u, but hw cheap do u want it to be give me a price range nd i will help u check
Re: Travelling To Canada by BigBashiru: 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2009
can somebody please confirm for me urgently the CURRENT fee for study permit application in Nigerian Naira and if it should be made payable to "Canadian Deputy High Commission"
thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2009
@mevisbleek thanks but did u submit original certificates or photocopies
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2009
i submitted original, but i wld advise u submit photocopies cos giving them ur originals for 3mths, what of if u want to go for an interview within that them, so submitt photocopies, thnx
Re: Travelling To Canada by jamie55: 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2009
hi guys, thnks for your enlightenment. happy to read that u guys have made up.
pls i still get some dark areas with this embassy paroles. i went to the canadian embassy and they referred me to their site for any info and i can tell u, there is nothing at all on the site. the requirements are just the basic things with a clause that any other documents that may be required by the local commission. that add document is wht i have an issue it. as far as i am concern those guys are not transparent at all cos i really dont know wht to add to my application. police cert was never mentioned on their website yet u need it to apply in nigeria.

@mevisbleek u wrote abt career plan, can u pls explain further and then do my sponsor need to have all the money in his acct. my school fees is 60k CAD and 29k CAD for upkeep. do they expect my sponsor to have all that in their current ac and wht abt if its in a fixed dep a/c cos pple around me advised that fixed dep is not good enough.

pls guys ur response will be appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada by BigBashiru: 10:57am On Sep 16, 2009
can somebody please confirm for me urgently the CURRENT fee for study permit application in Nigerian Naira and if it should be made payable to "Canadian Deputy High Commission"
thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2009
@mevis bleek. how about police certificate? did u submit that one to? undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada by dogice(m): 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2009
14, 000 naira payable to CDHC and payable in lagos(if not in lagos)
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 10:01pm On Sep 16, 2009
@luizworld yes i submitted police clearance
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 16, 2009
NA WA 4 Canadian Embassy ooh! cheeeeeeh.
@mevis bleek. how long did tit take u and how much did u pay 4 it.
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 10:18pm On Sep 16, 2009
@luizworld i dont know cos i used an agent, but pls do it by urself nd dnt use agent, i beg u, dnt worry u know that good tins dnt come easy dnt worry it will be fine jst hala me if u stumble on any impendement, hala
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2009
@mevis bleek. thanks bro 4 ur help. u,ve been very helpful. please whats ur email addy\
or messenger addy so i add u. mine is enyakid66x
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 11:03pm On Sep 16, 2009
@luizworld, dnt worry we will talk thru nairaland, eko o ni baje
Re: Travelling To Canada by jamie55: 7:59am On Sep 17, 2009
i went to CDHC and saw that their study permit visa fee is now 16k though u can go there to confirm
Re: Travelling To Canada by BigBashiru: 5:30pm On Sep 17, 2009
@dogice & jamie55
thanks a lot for the confirmation.

Two questions - MUST Police clearance for Study Permit be from CID HEadquarters in Abuja? Because I went there and they said they only provide Police Clearance for Abuja residents so I obtained one from my home city - do you think this will be acceptable to the High Commission?

@jamie55 can you post a link to a place on their website where it says fee is now 16k?

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada by jamie55: 7:55pm On Sep 17, 2009
u know as far as i am concern those guys are very funny. i didn't see it on their website. i saw it on their noticeboard infront of their embassy at VI.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 10:04pm On Sep 17, 2009
jamie55:

u know as far as i am concern those guys are very funny. i didn't see it on their website. i saw it on their noticeboard infront of their embassy at VI.

Here you go:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/assets/pdfs/fee_photo_Sept-2009.pdf
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2009
Please i need ur responses here. After carefully fillin my application and enclosing all the neccessary documents, is it advisable to send my application by courier or go to their VI office to drop it there.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2009
luizworld:

Please i need your responses here. After carefully fillin my application and enclosing all the neccessary documents, is it advisable to send my application by courier or go to their VI office to drop it there.

You are better off going to drop it off so that they give you a case number. However, if you cannot drop it off, you can send it via courier; make sure the courier company you use would require someone to sign for it at the CDHC when delivered. Goodluck.

@Mevis:
Just my 2 cents: This thread has helped quite a few people. You may feel free to contribute but you are not compelled to. If you would like to share your experience about your recent escapades, please do so on another thread. Let's try to keep this thread clean with valid pieces of information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.