Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,498 members, 7,954,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462907 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by jamie55: 5:01pm On Sep 26, 2009
pls i have a 1 yr bank statement but i don't have a duplicate copy because i didnt know earlier and i have to submit my application on monday. i might submit it like that because i almost late for jan resumption (jan 4 2010) and if i try to process another copy i might not be able to meet up anymore. somebody shld advise me pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 27, 2009
Is the family composition form mandatory for study permit applicant.?
please i want ti know
Re: Travelling To Canada by teachme(m): 2:07pm On Sep 27, 2009
at jamie, submit ur application latest october 3rd.

@ someone talking abt hnd and january application, man, u aint gonna make it, cos u dont have ur admission letter yet, remember , apply 3 months before, school resumes!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2009
@missy 09, i wld advise u nt to use an agent but if u are so busy u can, cos d application and chdc runing around is quite stressful, but if u must use an agent please use maple and dont use any other agent, maple is like the only trust worthy agent, please i beg u in the name of God dont use EDUWORLD AGENCY, they are cheaper but are thievies, also if any agent tells u to pay the fees into their account please dont do it, cos its all a scam, considering the skool u want to come to if u are coming to any skool in ottawa i can help u do the appliation wahala jst to save u d 40k, pls this service is free, i dnt need any money from u i jst want to help cos of one nigeria, but if d skool is nt in ottawa and u dnt ve time for running around then use maple and maple alone.
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 5:38pm On Sep 27, 2009
@luizworld, u do nt need to pay tuition, but if u pay, God forbid if dey refuse u d visa, to collect back d tuition na long tin
Re: Travelling To Canada by jamie55: 5:53pm On Sep 27, 2009
@mevisbleek. pls did u submit 2 copies of your sponsor's bank statement or just 1 and a photocopy?
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2009
i jst submitted 1 copy nd i did not include any photocopy, but to be on the safe side y dnt u submit 2 copies, it will nt cost u anytin, pls dnt 4get to include reference letter from d bank, take care man
Re: Travelling To Canada by missy2009: 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2009
@mevisbleek
thank u, pls send me ur email address.
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 8:58pm On Sep 27, 2009
@missy09, ugochukwunwokie@yahoo.com, r u going for msc or bsc
Re: Travelling To Canada by missy2009: 7:43am On Sep 28, 2009
intend to go for msc,
Re: Travelling To Canada by suxes2005(m): 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2009
@ mevisbleek , wat is it like to study UG in Canada? Just wanna know the price. Anyways I`m gonna mail you to get more infos.

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Canada by BigBashiru: 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2009
Hi guys, please I have a question.

1.) When CDHC says DUPLICATE COPY OF BANK STATEMENT, does it mean one original bank statement and submittance of photocopy of the same statement?

2.) What proof can one submit to show he/she has strong ties to home country? I intend to say I am coming back after studies to manage family business - is this enough?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 28, 2009
@bashiru well thats wht i did. i intends taking over my mums business, so i think that is a strong tie
Re: Travelling To Canada by kontactme: 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2009
my school is yet to send my admission letter and the starting date o the school in January, i have just 3mths to process my visa, but i can't start without the letter,Please advise me on what to do.
Re: Travelling To Canada by teachme(m): 9:44pm On Sep 29, 2009
@kontactme: Request a scanned copy sent to your email!!! and print out coloured!!! so even if the embassy ask of the original, by then it would be avaialble
Re: Travelling To Canada by cenzo(m): 7:56pm On Sep 30, 2009
canada sucks, trust me! i'm kidding, hopefully you're able to start classes on time.
Re: Travelling To Canada by FIMO: 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2009
Can sm1 tell me if i can still make it to the CDHC, i applyed since feb to Uottawa & dy did not get back 2 me till aug, sayin dy cld nt find me a supervisor 4 my theses, unless dy recommend me to d PG sch 4 Msc course based, wc i accepted bt deferred till winter since it was 2 late to make d Fall admission. 2wks later i mailed, bt was told 2 wait till sept endin since dy needed to finish wt FALL 1st.3days ago dy said my case av bn fwd to their PG sch who will make the final decision. sch resumes jan 5 & adms leta nt ready. can i still make it to d embassy if i eventually get an offer leta say 2wks time?
and do dy giv visa 4 course base Msc though dy said i cld get a supervisor wn i start.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cau: 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2009
FIMO:

Can sm1 tell me if i can still make it to the CDHC, i applyed since feb to Uottawa & dy did not get back 2 me till aug, sayin dy cld nt find me a supervisor 4 my theses, unless dy recommend me to d PG sch 4 Msc course based, wc i accepted bt deferred till winter since it was 2 late to make d Fall admission. 2wks later i mailed, bt was told 2 wait till sept endin since dy needed to finish wt FALL 1st.3days ago dy said my case av bn fwd to their PG sch who will make the final decision. sch resumes jan 5 & adms leta nt ready. can i still make it to d embassy if i eventually get an offer leta say 2wks time?
and do dy giv visa 4 course base Msc though dy said i cld get a supervisor wn i start.

Re: Travelling To Canada by wonderbod(f): 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2009
@ HOTSTEPPER

i'm sorry ths is coming late. I swear some of my teachers jst get a kick out of loading assignments on us. I ended up in vancouver island university.its one of the small islands jst off vancouver(20 mins by sea plane). loving it so far. its quiet n nt much distractions. I go 2 vancouver wen i want 2 do serious shopping,make my hair or clubbin cos its predominently white here(, i kno ALL d nigerians in my school by name n i can count how many blacks i see a day shocked).
Any major break,i'm out( goin 2 toronto 4 d tnxgivin) after which i'll send my application 4 re-entry visa. I find it funny.not.that all my friends here even the ones frm mali,ghana,benin republic n zimbabwe hv multiple entry except 4 we nigerians.na wa 4 cdn immigrationn officers o. which province r u in? r u on face bk?? kiss

@LUIZWORLD
I think seneca finally dug up my application bt i didnt bother pursuing it.I'm happy here and i kno 4 sure dt i'll b a better student here since its soo peaceful.I hav a friend in seneca.a girl frm my agency so if u do end up there,lemme kno.i'm sure she'll be happy 2 answer any qustions u mite hv abt d sch.
Re: Travelling To Canada by wonderbod(f): 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2009

MISSY,if u must use an agent,i'd recommend MAPLE. they're expensive. Yes. but u don't make any major payments up front.u pay step by step.4 that 40k,u sit back n they sort out d schools 4 u n let u know which one(from the ones they represent) would accept u and apply for you,u get the admission letter fast cos they have ppl in the schools, same thing with your police report and embassy stuffs. then u pay the 120k, u wait again until they're sure of your visa b4 u pay the rest(they WILL refund u this if u're refused as long as its not as a result of forged documents).
If you the school you want is not on their list,you can always get your own admission and come to them for the visa(not guaranteed,of course.but if you are straight and have all the documents they ask for,u're good to go. When i left,we were over 90 students from maple travellin together). They have a very good standing with the embassy(if u read my earlier posts,all the while i was worried about my visa been delayed after my medicals cos i had problems with d school i earlier applied to, later found that my visa was stamped when it was supposed to be. the embassy just still held on to it waiting for me to get another admission but in the end still released it without one).
They also have wide support system here(older students that have gone through them and the owner has one BIG extended family here.u don't get to feel alone cos more often then not,they'll have someone in the school you're going to and a big 3-day welcome orientation so you make friends with other students).i stayed with the woman's niece here in my school until i found an appartment smiley.saved me a whole lot in hotel bills grin
IF u can afford it,me thinks its worth it.BEFORE A anybody jumps on me,nooo i'm nt there 'agent' and have no biz with them watsoever.hvnt even kept in touch with anyone from the agency apart from the maple students in my school
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 03, 2009
@wonderbod ; does it mean that 90% of students that use maple suceed. coz am doin it all by myself. dunno if i shld switch or just continue gettin all d required docs and submittin it ma self
Re: Travelling To Canada by missy2009: 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2009
thank u wonderbod,
i guess i will go ahead with maple,
i really appreciate ur advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada by wonderbod(f): 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2009

@ luizworld.  Not necessarily. They're registered canadian immigration consultants and reps for quite a no. of schools. it just gives u a better chance since that's what they do over and over again. Some documents u've been asked to submit that may end up messing-up your application,they might remove it n tell u why(they removed my dad's tax clearance cos it didn't tally with the income in the account). The might also tell you something else that wasn't required to add(i was studying at alliance francais so they asked me to add my student ID  so the embassy knows i've not ben idle since i graduated), stuffs like that.
 STILL,u can do it on your own CAREFULLY then find someone to help you go over your documents before you submit. It was just a lot easier for me and convenient( i'm not the most careful person) since i wasn't steady in Lag and was always on the move so when the embassy needs something(i was asked for my bank statement twice),you know immediately instead waiting endlessly at home and having delays. They go over all your documents to be sure that they are no conflicting information(I was asked to remove my sister from my list of siblings cos she changed her age when she wanted to relocate abroad and it ended up been same with my elder bother's. but different months-which is not possible;if they're twins,they would have the same birthdate not a month apart).
they also get the affidavit legal and police clearance things done for you.
  All these u can do yourself if u don't want to spend money having them do it for you. just follow the CIDC requirements and have som one go over ur application 2 b sure u're not missing anything. Goodluck. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada by miz4oxley(m): 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2009
Please How can i get a canadian university for january admission Please Kindly get back to me and what are the procedures for visa application.
Re: Travelling To Canada by wonderbod(f): 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2009
@ jamie55
 MAPLE is in sura shopping complex on simpson street,lagos island. dnt kno d exact office no but turn rite as sn as u enter. there office is on rite hand side.jst ask wen u're there.

@ Missy. u're welcome. Goodluck!

@ Luizworld.
     I don't think u need to pay your fees(jst have enough money in the bank acc u submit to the embassy) but this would depend on the school.If the school is not asking for it yet,hold on. some schools will withdraw your admission if u don't pay within  particular period(this happened to me). some others will want payment even before they send the letter u need to go to the embassy with. I didn't pay my fees until i got to my school. Not sure why because the other guys from my agency paid. probably becos the first sch withdrew their admission last minute AFTER i had done my medicals and everything had to be rushed after then to get me a new school about two weeks before i left(thanks to maple). I picked up admission letter when i got to my school. I was supposed  to still hold my First school's admission letter(d schl on my visa application) to pass through immigration but i forgot it at home. Luckily,mrs obaro(d owner of maple) travelled with us and was standing rite there with us all through the immigrations checkpoints so i didn't get harrassed for it. GOODLUCK
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2009
@ wonderbod : sorry 4 bothering, i wuld like to ask u some personal stuffs concerning ur visa,
my email is enyakid66x@yahoo.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 10:36pm On Oct 03, 2009
Hello everyone,
Sorry, I missed some questions directed at me.
The preferred method of education here appears to be loading students wit assignments (so there's barely tym to do much NLing)
I'll try 2 peep in mo often dese days though since I noticed its application period.
I'm planning to spend d thanksgiving weekend in Vancouver just to get away from the stress here 4 a while, during dat period i guess i'll hv mo time to fill in some folks who still have Qs.

GOOD LUCK ALL !
Re: Travelling To Canada by missy2009: 3:25pm On Oct 04, 2009
@wonderbod
please send me ur email addy, i need to ask u a personal question.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 8:42pm On Oct 04, 2009
@wonderbod, I am glad u r enjoyng it
I skool in Toronto and yes, I am on fbk,
lemme have ur fbk name so can take it from there,
we should meet wen u come here. wat do u think?
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 11:10pm On Oct 04, 2009
@eveyone, maple is the best, i advise everyone to use maple, thought they are quiet expensive but veru good, out 5 of my guys that went through them they give all of them the visa, its not dat without maple u cant get d visa, no i didnt say that but they are the best agency that lagos has.

WARNING: PLEASE ALL OF YOU SHOULD RUN AWAY FROM EDUWORLD AGENCY, theiir md ran to america 4 months ago with students school fees, Mr kingsley okosi is a thief, beware.
Please for all of u still on the application process pls dont pay your fees into any agents account, transfer the fees yourself, if u dont have a domiciliary account the bank can still do it for you, just tell them that you want to open a form A for the payments of your fees abroad, as easy as ABC.
Re: Travelling To Canada by wonderbod(f): 5:29am On Oct 05, 2009
@ Hotstepper.
"lisa obi", sure.wuld love 2 put a face 2 your posts. u sound interestin and i desperately need to do my hair. been wearing a wig 4 d past couple of weeks. these white girls dem dey too adventurous with rough play. b4 someone pulls it out one day and gets a heart attack
(pls write 'hotstepper' so i know its u).

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.