Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,372 members, 7,836,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455430 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by suxes2005(m): 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2009
Can anyone advise on how to go about securing admission, the cheapest school and the amt 2 pay, the cost for securing documents for visa and so on. Waiting for your reply.

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Canada by serendipit: 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2009
all of u are jst group of desperate nigerians wanting to escape, i jst joined today and i ve been reading, this is nt d way to go abt all this, i see u all as i dnt know, with hotstepper filling like say na she first go canada, u all that are in canada are jst feeling fly wit urself, i want to know why u pple are even giving bleek problem u pple shld jst let him be, i think u pple can do smore important tins wit urtime than tryin yo elope out of naija, the real big boys travel for holiday and nt to elope, even delta007 wat are u tryin yo feel like by advising someone where are u even, i know that u must be one hungry guy living in mushin, jobless pple
Re: Travelling To Canada by serendipit: 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2009
@suxes05 why dnt u just go to unilag instead of lopokin for cheap skool abroad, out there is nt easy dnt let them deceive u
Re: Travelling To Canada by serendipit: 8:06pm On Sep 18, 2009
if u pple want i can give u my phone number if u call i will say d same tin,
Re: Travelling To Canada by suxes2005(m): 8:34pm On Sep 18, 2009
if u pple want i can give u my phone number if u call i will say d same tin

You sound so funny, anyways after graduating from unilag, i gues u still need 2 wait some more years to secure a job. So dont blame me for trying to travel and study abroad

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 18, 2009
@suxex Look Bro! Have it in the back of your mind that they are no cheap schools in canada. I just got an offer from centennial college 4 pGD and its 16k dolls just 4 tuition .so u can imagine what a university will cost.
My advise, If u dnt hav enuf money, stay here becoz the cheaper d skool the slimmer yr chances of gettin a visa.
Im outa here
Re: Travelling To Canada by suxes2005(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2009
@suxex Look Bro! Have it in the back of your mind that they are no cheap schools in canada. I just got an offer from centennial college 4 pGD and its 16k dolls just 4 tuition .so u can imagine what a university will cost.
My advise, If u dnt hav enuf money, stay here becoz the cheaper d skool the slimmer yr chances of gettin a visa.
Im outa here

Tnx Bro 4 d info, just wannt know if dia are any. Did u pay d tuition?

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 18, 2009
Am not paying yet till i see hoe my visa process comes out
Re: Travelling To Canada by suxes2005(m): 9:08pm On Sep 18, 2009
Am not paying yet till i see hoe my visa process comes out

Aight, I wish you success. Your visa shall be approved in Jesus' name.

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Canada by wonderbod(f): 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2009
Hotstepper (f)
Re: Travelling To Canada
« #1000 on: August 28, 2009, 04:40 AM »
@wonderbod, r u going in for a a Master's Program or Undergrad? Seneca is a community college which depending on the course, offers degrees since it is affiliated with York University, you should check okay

i ended up not going to seneca. stupid school was careless with my application. Took the other school so i'm in vancouver now.its bin soo hectic trying to settle down here.classes started last wk so its bin jst crazy.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2009
@serendipit, I have nuthing to say to u but only jealousy will kill u
@Wonderbond, oh, datz great, how r u finding it so far?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 19, 2009
@wonderbod which skool in vancouver r u, I also got an addmission in seneca
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 7:26am On Sep 20, 2009
HaHaHa ! Lots of crazy stuff bn goin on here. Some verry funny, others very annoying.

But like Delta said, lets try to use this thread 4 wat its meant for.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2009
HOPE THIS HELPS THOSE OF U WONDERING WHAT DOCS TO ATTACH TO UR APPLICATION. However i advise u visit d CIC website 4 latest info.

Bank draft to pay visa application fee

Complete visa application form(IMM 1294B)

Current valid passport(expiring ideally at least 6 months after expiration of course) + all previous passports,including
photocopy of biodata page)

3 Passport photographs (with name of applicant and date of birth at back of each photo)

Financial proof to show financial ability to study and live in Canada

bank statement for 6 months (Original and one duplicate copy from bank) + Covering letter from bank confirming authenticity of bank statements and current balances.

Tax clearance certificate (esp if company account)

pay slips if currently employed

Prepaid courier envelope

Family composition form( form A-2E)

Study permit questionnaire

Previous academic transcripts(ORIGINAL AND PHOTOCOPY)

Official fee schedule from ur school including tuition,books,board etc

Original and photocopy of UNCONDITIONAL Acceptance letter from the University stating course,duration,reg date
and last possible date admission is permitted

Official Aid letters stating full amount,duration and any governing conditions( if u have one)

Recently dated letter (within 2 months) from your employer indicating occupation,job description,position,salary,
allowances,years of employment and leave dates OR approval of Leave of Absence from ur company OR a letter of intro from ur employer adrressed to d embassy. Of course it shld tel dem y u're goin to study in canada n assure dem dat u'll be back. I used option 3

Notarized affidavit of support -
Self-sponsorin or parents is strongly advised. 'Uncles n 'aunts' hardly work these days
Sign must be notarized

Police clearance certificate from CID headqurters, Alagbon

Proof of where u'll reside in Canada (preferably on-campus residence, NEVER a 'relation' to b on d safe side)

TOEFL scores

SSCE RESULT(ORIGINAL AND PHOTOCOPY)

Birth certificates

Provide complete street name and address of ALL previous educational institutes that you attended

Personal statement

Evidence of ties - job offer, position in family (family pics),personal properties, evidence of a good job, and luck too

For all these documents, u can organise in the following manner:

Evidence of acceptance by university
Evidence of academic qualifications
evidence of professional qualifications
evidence of ability to fund course of study + ma scholarship letter
evidence of ability to fund living expenses

LASTLY, to apply for a Canadian visa is a ful time job, so brace urself and GUD LUCK

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada by DisGuy: 11:17am On Sep 20, 2009
Thanks Fidelo wink

LASTLY, to apply for a Canadian visa is a ful time job, so brace urself and GUD LUCK
this is a very important message people over look, they think applying for a student visa or even visitors visa is something
they can do within a short time not minding school time table and time to get accommodation etc etc
the more time you have to prepare the better!
Re: Travelling To Canada by suxes2005(m): 11:21am On Sep 20, 2009
@ Fidelo: I think the best it to have it in mind that you`ll succeed. I`ve seen people succeed with little document but that is grace sha.

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 5:26am On Sep 21, 2009
suxes2005:

@ Fidelo: I think the best it to have it in mind that you`ll succeed. I`ve seen people succeed with little document but that is grace sha.

SHALOM
Yeah, i knw. Dats y i put 'luck' as part of personal ties, mayb i shld av called it 'favour' or 'grace' lyk u pointed out
Re: Travelling To Canada by lao(f): 12:38am On Sep 22, 2009
Can't believe this thread is this long. I hope is helping a lot of people, caused it helped me.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2009
I have now submitted my application , i wish myself and every out there, a tremendous success.
Shalom
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 24, 2009
After thinking tru i collected d application back becoz of duobts. i want to ask is it advisable to pay my tuition fees. I just want to know if its a criteria for issuing visa because i am contemplating paying part of my fees or submittin it without it.
please can u advise me
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2009
luizworld:

After thinking tru i collected d application back becoz of duobts. i want to ask is it advisable to pay my tuition fees. I just want to know if its a criteria for issuing visa because i am contemplating paying part of my fees or submittin it without it.
please can u advise me
If you are having doubts with your application, go thru Maple. It's an agency with some affiliation with the CDHC.
Re: Travelling To Canada by jamie55: 2:50pm On Sep 24, 2009
@DELTA007. pls where is maple agency?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 5:47pm On Sep 24, 2009
jamie55:

@DELTA007. pls where is maple agency?
Dunno a thing about maple. I only got to know about them thru someone who works in the CDHC in Lagos.
Re: Travelling To Canada by jamie55: 9:41pm On Sep 24, 2009
@Fidelo. i cant seem to get the family composition form online. is it compulsory to submit this, if so help me send the webpage link pls. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by davidsoj: 11:59pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ Fidelo, this is suxes2005, I was banned, I neva knew why sha.

U shouldnt have withdraw ur application because of doubt. Even some people get their UG visa withuot paying a damn. It is not paying that guarantees ur visa but d grace of God. I wish you His mercies in ur application

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 25, 2009
I got accepted into a school in canada and tuition was 16k dolls
I have these documents
MY SSCE
UNiversity Transcript
Bank statements for 4 months with amounts from 1million to 5 million deposited and withdrawn
3.5 million in my mums account from 2 banks
tax clearance of my mums company
acceptance letter from skool
statment of purpose/ objective for studyin my course in cananda
letter explainin reasons i wuld come back to naija

Are all thse enuff, but i havent paid my tition yet
UR advise plzzz
Re: Travelling To Canada by adebo4all(m): 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2009
PLEASE I NEED HELPS AND GUIDE OF ANY ONE ON HOW TO GET CANADIAN WORK PERMIT[color=#990000][/color] I AM TOO TIRED OF NIGERIA
Re: Travelling To Canada by teachme(m): 3:00am On Sep 26, 2009
Its been a while i came on here:
But with good observations, i would like to support with what i know;
@delta007: u be bros. u support ur replies with facts and proofs, e.g links to the page, yes its #16000 bank draft.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/assets/pdfs/fee_photo_Sept-2009.pdf

For those asking if police cert is important, read this;

Police Certificates/Certificate of Good Conduct:
Criminal Record
If you have not already done so when submitting your application, a visa officer may request a police certificate to help verify your admissibility to Canada. Persons who have committed or been convicted of a crime or offence may be prohibited from entering Canada. Police agencies may do a criminal or security background check. These checks may be done for anyone 18 years of age and over applying for a Study Permit.

attached below are some pdf files carrying all list of what is needed alongside forms,

@some1: family composition filled form is required if not u will be sent a deficiency letter.

If i am not passing the right info, pls anyone can correct me. But as far as i know, I am 95% correct.

@Fidelo; What took you so long to put that list on here, but thanks anyway,

See ya all,

Re: Travelling To Canada by suxes2005(m): 3:05am On Sep 26, 2009
@ teach me

tnx for d post. Av u applied?

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2009
Is it too late to apply for january admission into canada universities.i have a lower credit in HND banking and finace,is there any hope of studying as a post diploma student.can someone help with information pls!!!God bless you all
Re: Travelling To Canada by missy2009: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2009
hello someone was asking about maple consults
i was told about it too, so i when to check it out, they seem ok, but they r kinda of expensive, i was told that i have to pay 40,000 for start which includes helping get an admission letter, then another 120,000 for other processes,
for me i wasnt sure so have not followed up. as per it is expensive.
they r in sura shopping complex, opposite sura market, cant remember the number of the shop but if u go in the complex u cant ask anyone.
still searching for other aency that are affliated to CDHC.
anyone knows any agent.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2009
missy2009:

hello someone was asking about maple consults
i was told about it too, so i when to check it out, they seem ok, but they r kinda of expensive, i was told that i have to pay 40,000 for start which includes helping get an admission letter, then another 120,000 for other processes,
for me i wasnt sure so have not followed up. as per it is expensive.
they r in sura shopping complex, opposite sura market, cant remember the number of the shop but if u go in the complex u cant ask anyone.
still searching for other aency that are affliated to CDHC.
anyone knows any agent.

Don't pay any damn to any agent.

You can apply for admission yourself, it's a very simple stuff to do. Just take your time to do the research

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.