Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (454334 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by missy2009: 8:11am On Oct 07, 2009
@mevisbleek
u right about eduworld, the guy deceived my friend last year, took almost more than a million in tit bits from her.
just sad if there is so evdience, that kingsley guy should be arrested.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bobobabe: 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2009
Hey nairalander,
How many weeks will it take the CDHC to reply the study permit. pls i will like to know.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2009
Please i got an offer package from a schoool in Canada on september.it says i am 2 resume by 11th of january,
if i submit it by 12th of october because of some delays, would it be late?
Re: Travelling To Canada by suxes2005(m): 9:16pm On Oct 07, 2009
Please i got an offer package from a schoool in Canada on september.it says i am 2 resume by 11th of january,
if i submit it by 12th of october because of some delays, would it be late?

Go to the canadian visa website, check for the deadline cos i think its 3 months ahead or so. Make sure you submit right on time and if you cant, let the embassu know the reason you are submitting late.

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Canada by dogice(m): 8:46am On Oct 08, 2009
what will happen if u submit a complete application for a study permit with bank statement but without bank reference letter
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 12:21am On Oct 09, 2009
@missy2009, has kinsley returned your friends money?
Re: Travelling To Canada by missy2009: 10:38am On Oct 09, 2009
@mevisbleek
for where?!!!!!!!!!!!!! come tomorrow, come next tomorrow that is what he keeps telling her.
Re: Travelling To Canada by miz4oxley(m): 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2009
http://www.polymtl.ca/inter/etuvisi/en/autorisation/index.php

STUDY PERMIT

In addition to the CAQ, you need to obtain a study permit from the Government of Canada. You can apply for your study permit as soon as you receive your CAQ or letter confirming that it has been issued, and once confirmation has reached the Canadian government representative (embassy, high commission or consulate) that serves the area you live in.

The length of time it takes to finalize applications may vary depending on your location.

N.B. Immigration Canada will take into account the course start date indicated on your letter of admission to assess whether or not it is realistic to issue papers for you within this timeframe. Should your arrival be delayed, Immigration might ask for an accompanying letter from Polytechnique. To obtain this letter, please contact Polytechnique’s Bureau des étudiants étrangers. Under no circumstances will the school accept any student who is unable to be physically present (complete with the required papers) at the second class.

You must complete the Application for a Study Permit Made Outside of Canada [PDF] and send it along with the document checklist [PDF] and the required documents.

The following documents are required:

1. Proof of acceptance (the original copy of your letter of admission from École Polytechnique);

2. Proof of identity (a valid passport);

3. Proof of sufficient financial resources to cover your tuition/living expenses and, if applicable, the living expenses of any accompanying family members. If you have already supplied this information to obtain the CAQ, we suggest you use the same documents. Regarding living expenses, Canadian immigration authorities require proof of financial capacity as follows (amounts indicated are per year):

* $9,600 CDN for one adult;
* $15,340 CDN for one adult plus one family member;
* $3,840 CDN for each additional family member;
* Proof of financial resources can be:
o an up-to-date bank statement with your name and account number clearly marked, plus (as needed) documents attesting to another source of income;
o a notarized statement attesting to financial support and signed by your parents or guardian, accompanied by proof of sufficient funds;
o authorization to export money from the foreign exchange control authorities in your country, if applicable;
o a letter confirming that you have received a scholarship and specifying your annual or monthly stipend.

For more information, click here.

The fee for processing your application is $125 CDN. Find out which modes of payment are accepted by the visa office serving your country or region.

N.B. Individuals who have lived for six or more consecutive months in certain countries or regions in the year preceding their date of entry to Canada must undergo a medical examination (at their own expense) with a physician designated by Canadian Immigration authorities. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will provide you with a list of designated medical practitioners. Get your medical certificate as soon as possible, since the process can take some time and may delay your departure for Canada.

Please note that the conditions for obtaining a study permit can vary from one country to another. Consult your Canadian visa office in person or online to find out whether you need to complete other forms.

Once you have met the conditions required to obtain a study permit, the Canadian visa office will issue a letter of attestation. This letter is not your study permit, nor can it replace the permit. Your permit will be delivered by Canadian Immigration authorities once you arrive in Canada. Be sure to go to the immigration office at the airport when you arrive.

Citizens of the United States, Greenland or Saint-Pierre and Miquelon only: a provision of Canada’s immigration laws lets you apply directly for your study permit at a Canadian border crossing, upon presentation of the abovementioned documents.

If you are already studying in Canada, consult Polytechnique’s website with regard to renewing or extending your stay.
Useful links
Re: Travelling To Canada by sophy09: 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2009
you need to threaten him. Don't go alone. the guy will keep posting you. and he sits behind his computer clicking on the mouse, there is nothing on screen. i actually recorded the confession btw us without his knowing. that was my saving grace, he could not comment.
pleaes collect your money. i collected more than what i paid.
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2009
@sophy09, hw did u collect d money from the guy which means did u use, did u go with the police or what? What was his confession
Re: Travelling To Canada by BigBashiru: 9:36pm On Oct 10, 2009
guys, please how long does it take cdhc to decide on study visa apps? I hope it does not exceed 30 days from your experience does it exceed 30 days. I may ask them for some documents back oh if it exceeds 30 days. nairalanders pls advise on the procedure for doing this.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Gozzgoz(m): 7:48am On Oct 12, 2009
all my fellow nairalanders i am very pleased to let u all know how this thread has been of great use to me, i have really gained a lot from this. please i want find out how the canadian embassy gets to its applicant whenever they are tru with ur application is it by text, call or email?
Thank u all.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Kommentato(m): 3:21pm On Oct 12, 2009
I have really gained a lot following this thread right from the first page, and I have made up my mind on taking my Masters Degree in Canada. I'm a graduate on Human Anatomy with 2nd Class Lower, I would like to take my Masters Prog. in Epidemiology in Ottawa University, not sure if I would gain admission with my class of result  . Please I need suggestions from fellow Nlanders. Also to know if there are other better Universities than Ottawa.

We are getting there,  grin grin

Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 12:44am On Oct 13, 2009
Hi Kommentato,
I'm presently pursuing an MPH degree in Canada wit plans to specilaize in Epidemilology or international health. Dunno much abt Uni Ottawa bt the top schools for epi would be McGill, U of Toronto,U of Saskatchewan U of Alberta or U of BC (not very sure if the last 2 have epi programs though).
Of all ur cheapest option shld be the U of S. These schools accept a 2.1 as minimum, to get accepted wit 2.2 wil depend on if u have quality experience already in the area.

Canadians r very nice , contact d school of ur choice 2 find out if u'l be considered

Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada by suxes2005(m): 6:09pm On Oct 13, 2009
I want to ask this question for those of you guys in Canada. Is it possible to enter Canada without canadian visa but with usa student visa?

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2009
@suxes2005, i love this question, my guy u no fit do that kind stuff at all. Its not possible.
Re: Travelling To Canada by suxes2005(m): 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2009
mevisbleek:

@suxes2005, i love this question, my guy u no fit do that kind stuff at all. Its not possible.
Whao 4 d first time in Nl where som1 will say he likes my question. Tnx, maybe u did not get me well. Actually, i am coming to school in usa, but i feel i will want to come to canada at times maybe for just a visit as i av friends there so i am tinkin maybe i will not need visa to enter Canada. Tnx 4 d reply.

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Canada by DisGuy: 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2009
suxes2005:

Whao 4 d first time in Nl where som1 will say he likes my question. Tnx, maybe u did not get me well. Actually, i am coming to school in usa, but i feel i will want to come to canada at times maybe for just a visit as i av friends there so i am tinkin maybe i will not need visa to enter Canada. Tnx 4 d reply.

SHALOM

Canada is a country on its own, just like Mexico, undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada by suxes2005(m): 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2009
Dis Guy:

Canada is a country on its own, just like Mexico, undecided

Aight, Tnx!

So glad it isnt a ban this time dis guy.

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Canada by DisGuy: 11:03pm On Oct 13, 2009
I(and other moderators) don't ban members
Re: Travelling To Canada by suxes2005(m): 11:05pm On Oct 13, 2009
Tnx 4 d clarifyin dat.

SHALOM
Re: Travelling To Canada by Gozzgoz(m): 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2009
all my fellow nairalanders i am very pleased to let u all know how this thread has been of great use to me, i have really gained a lot from this. please i want to verify hat means the canadian embassy uses in getting in touch with its applicnt trough text, phonecall or email please i jst applied nd i nd to b sure i am nt missin out on any information
Thank you nairalanders.
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 6:56pm On Oct 14, 2009
@gozz goz, by courier
Re: Travelling To Canada by walesbanks(m): 7:52pm On Oct 14, 2009
It doesnt matter. Also, you cant use another passport coz it is electronic now. just re=apply. should you need account statement, contact me on wales008@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by sophy09: 1:27am On Oct 15, 2009
@mevisbleek
look for a tough looking person and harass him, i notice he like everything hush hush. he will take you to his office and sweet talk you. threaten him with EFCC. but out of everything just pray to God. i was lucky because the guy that went with me knew about this stuff. and try calling the school t let them know you paid. i hope you have all your receipt and documents they signed that they collected money from you.if you have all that you are lucky. if you don't forget your money is gone. i hope you get your money sha.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bobobabe: 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2009
Hey nairalander, ur advice is highly needed on this matter pls, i have been denied study permit twice based on the following reasons: that im not a bonafide student and that i will not return after completion. bt at the second attempt , they now said that i cannot sponsor myself and my sponsor is not oblige to support me. my question is this: can i replace my sponsor or i should add it and put another with it. pls advise me quickly because im about to send another application.
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by jamie55: 5:54am On Oct 16, 2009
bobobabe:

Hey nairalander, your advice is highly needed on this matter pls, i have been denied study permit twice based on the following reasons: that im not a bonafide student and that i will not return after completion. bt at the second attempt , they now said that i cannot sponsor myself and my sponsor is not oblige to support me. my question is this: can i replace my sponsor or i should add it and put another with it. pls advise me quickly because im about to send another application.
thanks

bobobabe, pls can u tell us how long it took for them to reject your application after you submitted it?. like 2 weeks or 3 weeks i heard it doesnt take time .
Re: Travelling To Canada by Gozzgoz(m): 7:47pm On Oct 16, 2009
Hi mevis bleek i understand that after your interviev ur passport and every other document will b posted by courier, but i want to confirm how u will be informed on when your interview will hold is by text, email or phonecall
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.