Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:31 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (462799 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 4:10am On Nov 18, 2009
Hi Benom, I attend the U of S. I'm not in engineering but there are a lots of Naija guys in the dept and i also knw some Naija profs in engineering. They could also b of help so u hv 2 b very specific abt wat u wnt.

If i can somehow get ur e-mail addy, then I'll e-mail u 2 find out wat u exactly want. i could also hook u up some useful contacts if dat would help.

Also b careful abt dem'agents'
Gud luck
Re: Travelling To Canada by johnkent(m): 4:44am On Nov 18, 2009
anyone knows about Windsor university? is it any good?
Re: Travelling To Canada by angeldiana(f): 5:09am On Nov 18, 2009
Guys,
anyone with barriers with his/ her study in Canada project
let me know what I can do to help.

Diana
Admin

International living Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2374329103
Re: Travelling To Canada by benom(m): 8:21am On Nov 18, 2009
@ fidelo
my email addy is nexxibenom@hotmail.com
I'll appreciate all the help i can get.
Thanks a million
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 18, 2009
@angeldiana i will like ask you some questions about canadian visa
Re: Travelling To Canada by cconcept: 9:00am On Nov 18, 2009
Fidelo,I am also making application to Uof S for phd.I will like us to contact.my email is pearlypriest@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by benom(m): 12:15pm On Nov 18, 2009
@fidelo
I am expecting a message from you very soon. nexxibenom@hotmail.com
I really need some very good guide on this. Thank you verymuch
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 7:59pm On Nov 18, 2009
@ Benom and Cconcept , I've just sent out an email to u guys.
Read tru n get bk 2 me.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2009
johnkent:

anyone knows about Windsor university? is it any good?
Windsor is a nice school in Ontario, a very close friend of mine graduated from there abt 2 yrs ago and he's doing rily fyn.
It also depends on the program u're looking at, diff schools tend to be very gud in some specific programs and not so excellent in others.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cconcept: 8:15pm On Nov 18, 2009
fidelo,i am yet to get any mail from you.
checked my box now
Re: Travelling To Canada by cconcept: 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2009
i intend to study agricultural economics at phd level.
I had a 2.1 in my undergraduate(4.05/5.0) and an Mphil/phd grade in my masters(59.5%).
pls i would want clarification on some things

what constitute the last two years of studies or 60 credit units?

Does anybody have an idea of how to convert grades?

Fidelo what does 70%(B) mean by U of S standard in relation to grading system of nigeria?
Re: Travelling To Canada by gogi(f): 9:45pm On Nov 18, 2009
I am stuck o! i have full sponsorship documents and bank statement guaranteed from my friend in Canada but my one problem is since i don't have a job yet and not really doing anything serious after my nysc, i really do not know how to package myself so that i would not be refused a visa and i need advice urgently since i would get the documents from my friend in 2wks.

Help pls i help it urgently.

Thanks folks as i await your prompt responses.
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 10:59pm On Nov 18, 2009
gogi:

I am stuck o! i have full sponsorship documents and bank statement guaranteed from my friend in Canada but my one problem is since i don't have a job yet and not really doing anything serious after my nysc, i really do not know how to package myself so that i would not be refused a visa and i need advice urgently since i would get the documents from my friend in 2wks.

Help pls i help it urgently.

Thanks folks as i await your prompt responses.

What do you want to do in Canada? Just to visit or to study? If you are just going to study, then you must look for some way to show you have strong ties to Nigeria and will not intend to immigrate to Canada.

Best thing is to look to your parents or other relatives who can claim you are working for them in the meantime and provide some information like an official letter, or that they have a job for you that you'll start off when you return.

Either that or go and enrol in a course of some sort to show you have something you will definitely return to in Nigeria. That is the key requirement - showing ties to your home country.

I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by gogi(f): 11:11pm On Nov 18, 2009
What do you want to do in Canada? Just to visit or to study? If you are just going to study, then you must look for some way to show you have strong ties to Nigeria and will not intend to immigrate to Canada.

Best thing is to look to your parents or other relatives who can claim you are working for them in the meantime and provide some information like an official letter, or that they have a job for you that you'll start off when you return.

Either that or go and enrol in a course of some sort to show you have something you will definitely return to in Nigeria. That is the key requirement - showing ties to your home country.

I wish you the best

I am actually going for a short visit and the only thing i can lay my hands on now is the french i am learning here in abuja organised by the french embassy. would that be sufficient enough and in the other case of getting a letter that i work with some firm, what about my statement of account, what if it doesn't tally with my employment or does it not matter? cos i can actuallly get a letter saying so.

Thanks really for all these advice i appreciate them a great deal. more pls
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 11:14pm On Nov 18, 2009
gogi:

I am actually going for a short visit and the only thing i can lay my hands on now is the french i am learning here in abuja organised by the french embassy. would that be sufficient enough and in the other case of getting a letter that i work with some firm, what about my statement of account, what if it doesn't tally with my employment or does it not matter? cos i can actuallly get a letter saying so.

Thanks really for all these advice i appreciate them a great deal. more pls

You should get a letter saying you will start work say in a month's time, after you return from Canada, not starting now. You can still claim to be studying French at present as your current occupation pending when you start your job.

You don't need to claim you have started working as yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada by gogi(f): 12:31am On Nov 19, 2009
@ debosky: ok thanks, i would try that channel too but i just pray it work really cos i am really scared. Don't want to lose this opportunity especially as the interest from my friend's angle is strong.

Thanks for your prompt replies and kindness. Where in the world are you and hope you're doing just fine?
Re: Travelling To Canada by angeldiana(f): 12:46am On Nov 19, 2009
ok thanks, i would try that channel too but i just pray it work really cos i am really scared. Don't want to lose this opportunity especially as the interest from my friend's angle is strong

as a veteran study abroad advisor, I am surprised of what I read here, how can anyone apply for a student visa clueless?

Do your homework people, starting from the program you are pursuing, is you think the embassy is going to fall for " oh, I want to study english" , or " oh, I have the money to study in canada" or " oh, I have admission", then guess what, NO VISA, big time. I know this can be very terrifying for some, but who said you can't re-apply

so bottom line, if you are thinking you are going to study full time and work, get ready for a big disappointment.
I dont get it, college in canada cost 100,000 dollars for four year degree.
srudents in canada are in debt. why put your self in this position

there are better solutions.

Diana
Admin

International living Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2374329103
Re: Travelling To Canada by debosky(m): 12:53am On Nov 19, 2009
angeldiana:

as a veteran study abroad advisor, I am surprised of what I read here, how can anyone apply for a student visa clueless?

Do your homework people, starting from the program you are pursuing, is you think the embassy is going to fall for " oh, I want to study english" , or " oh, I have the money to study in canada" or " oh, I have admission", then guess what, NO VISA, big time. I know this can be very terrifying for some, but who said you can't re-apply

so bottom line, if you are thinking you are going to study full time and work, get ready for a big disappointment.
I dont get it, college in canada cost 100,000 dollars for four year degree.
srudents in canada are in debt. why put your self in this position

there are better solutions.

Diana
Admin

Erm madam admin you're the clueless one - READ her post. She is going for a SHORT VISIT and not to study. Don't be too hasty to advertise yourself as a 'veteran study abroad advisor'.
Re: Travelling To Canada by angeldiana(f): 1:17am On Nov 19, 2009
Erm madam admin you're the clueless one - READ her post. She is going for a SHORT VISIT and not to study. Don't be too hasty to advertise yourself as a 'veteran study abroad advisor

I beg your forgiveness debosky. My bad.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 1:56am On Nov 19, 2009
cconcept:

fidelo,i am yet to get any mail from you.
checked my box now
The reply shld be siting in ur inbox by now.

"Best thing is to look to your parents or other relatives who can claim you are working for them in the meantime and provide some information like an official letter, or that they have a job for you that you'll start off when you return"

I'm sorry to state dat dose parents, relative stuff dosent work any more. If it did, half of Naija will be in Canada nw, I'm sure u knw dat and d consular officers knw dat too.Pls think out sth more plausible or else ,
Re: Travelling To Canada by angeldiana(f): 4:39am On Nov 19, 2009
@fidelo, if your father has his own business, that's great.
and if you are the only boy in the family, that is even greater

Diana
Admin

Re: Travelling To Canada by johnkent(m): 5:16am On Nov 19, 2009
Going to canada for a day next wk, whose coming? need company
Re: Travelling To Canada by benom(m): 12:06pm On Nov 19, 2009
@ fidelo.
Just sent u a mail. Expecting ur reply soon.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by cconcept: 12:10pm On Nov 19, 2009
benom,
lets contact on yahoo messenger
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2009
angeldiana:

@fidelo, if your father has his own business, that's great.
and if you are the only boy in the family, that is even greater

Diana
Admin

lol. . . lol . . . lol
@angel pls I dnt plan to 'spoil' ur bizness. If anyone wants to heed ur advise, dats fyn.
It wont stop me frm doin wat I gotta do 2 help people I can help.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2009
cconcept:

benom,
lets contact on yahoo messenger
Nice idea.
@ benom,i replied ur mail.
I spoke wit cconcept and his application sounds rily Strong to me. U'll have a lot 2 learn from him
Gud luck guys
Re: Travelling To Canada by cconcept: 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2009
fidelo,log on to yahoo messsenger
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 1:44am On Nov 20, 2009
@cconcept, a 70% (B) average is eqivalent to a second class upper, i wld advise that u do ur phd in university of toronto it is relatively cheap, it is 13,000 canadian dollars a year. i can give u the coordinator of the phd rograms number so u wld talk to her, thats if u want it. Hala
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 1:49am On Nov 20, 2009
@all, is there anyone comng to canada for MBA, if there is hala at me, i have some vital information to share with u, hala pls i dnt want any nairalander to get stucked. I love u all, God bless nairaland
Re: Travelling To Canada by tunapa4dem: 9:05pm On Nov 20, 2009
hello everybody in the house, pls i need informatiion about collge in canada. i want to know maybe i can get 4000canadian$ tuition fees in canada and it is possible for me to school and work. any information i will be appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2009
@tunapa4dem, u will be given work permit after 6months upon arrival into canada, u can skool and at the same tyme work but i swear to u it is very difficult cos the assignments wld be too much for u to handle, but nothing to u, it is very possible, abt 4k dollars skool i dont have an idea. What do u want to study?
Re: Travelling To Canada by tunapa4dem: 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2009
tahnks guy, what i mean is that 4000 canadian dollar for one semester and i want to study accounting undergraduate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.