Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (454793 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by jamie55: 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2009
@ mevisbleek. long time. thanks man. i pray so
Re: Travelling To Canada by dogice(m): 4:53pm On Oct 29, 2009
@delta007, i am goin to st john campus before transferring to federicton campus, am goin for B.sc chem eng, i wont mind if u gimme some contact jere, i am plannin to leave late decemba but dont av a specific date yet(hope its ok sha??)resumption is jan1, 10ks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 6:36am On Oct 30, 2009
dogice:

@fidelo, thanks my guy the uni is uni of new brunswick

@jamie55, dont worry man, just hope for the best and be prayerful
@ dogice, Nice! ur campus shld be inFredericton or Saint John then.
Unless u hv a gud deal contact Delta wen u're leavin, d travl agent he reffered me to was of gud help. cm prepared 2, its beginin 2 get freezy.

@ jamie, 89000 dols? ? ? u 4 go harvard @ once nw, i tink u will b cald 4 medicals soon. Remembr its 6wks
Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 6:16pm On Oct 30, 2009
@Fidelo, whereabouts are you?

@Dogice, Saint John is 1 hr away from F'tton and 4hrs away from Halifax. It's a "dry" town sha; and like Fidelo posted, you'd likely be coming in the middle of winter. You should come very well prepared; no joke. I'm guessing you have your residence sorted out already? Let me know when you are ready and I'd give you a few contacts.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Gozzgoz(m): 8:49pm On Oct 30, 2009
hi! dogice i sent u a mail on yahoo but i havent got any reply i sent it tru dis mail cesc_fab_04@yahoo.com which i got 4rm nairaland, i asked a question pls i will like u to pls visit your mail nd giv me feedback thank u.
Re: Travelling To Canada by dogice(m): 10:21pm On Oct 30, 2009
@fidelo and delta007, do u mean preparation in terms of clothings?, pls enlighten me on the best way to prepare oooooo cos i no wan lana oooo na only 1 pikin my fada get o, lol

@gozz goz, check ur mail now, i dont really use dat mail dats y
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 1:27am On Oct 31, 2009
@ delta, i'm @ U of S, saskatoon, n wer in dis large country r u?

@ dogice, jus prepare psychologically, i doubt if any clothing u buy in naija will be able 2 withstand d negative temperatures.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 1:08pm On Oct 31, 2009
Fidelo:

@ delta, i'm @ U of S, saskatoon, n wer in dis large country r u?

@ dogice, jus prepare psychologically, i doubt if any clothing u buy in naija will be able 2 withstand d negative temperatures.
Fidelo, Saska-wetin? Well, I hope you are well adjusted. If this is your first winter, then you really need to prepare. cheesy Well, the weather in Sask, Manitoba, Newfoundland and Northern Ontario are usually the extremes; Saint John isnt as bad, weatherwise compared to Sask but the manufacturing firms out there pollutes the city; also, there's really nothing going on in that city. I shuttle between Toronto and Halifax (Nova Scotia) on a regular basis.

@Dogice, the best advice I give folks is get something pretty thick you can use when you arrive but make sure your "arrival" budget includes the purchase of thermal wears, blankets, boots, etc. You should be looking at minimum $500 (if you are cheap) to spend on these items.

P.S. One thing some of you should note is that if you are currently in a province where you are uncomfortable, it's very easy to switch to other provinces. Just apply to a school of your choice as a transfer student and if admitted, your courses will be transferred (This means you have to bring OFFICIAL copies of your transcripts); so you will not have to start from scratch and more importantly, you do not have to re-apply for a new study permit. Your study permit allows you to study in any institution in Canada. This advice is more suited for students in the Undergraduate programs which usually take 4yrs. Also, please note that you have to do your homework to know what minimum grade you need for your course to be transferred. I think it used to be B or better but I'm not a student;  just going by memory. If I was Dogice, I'd move to Saint John for the Semester in January and immediately I get there, apply to a different school, perhaps Dalhousie (in Halifax) or some other other province and make the move in the Summer if/when I get the admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada by realcool: 3:31pm On Oct 31, 2009
can somebody tell me how to apply for a Canadian visa,i dnt want agent,i want to do it all by my self,just what i need to submit and and to to send it and where it should be address to.please help
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2009
@dogice, go to idumota and get ur winter jacket, boot and every dont buy from here its expensive. u will get it fron idumota or yaba for like 3k, while here boots, chinese timbeland they will tell u 100bucks minimum, buy every from naija
Re: Travelling To Canada by dogice(m): 10:23pm On Oct 31, 2009
@delta007, i think i buy ur idea of transferin to another schl if i wish to, though i was told that i will transfer to fredericton after my 1st year to complete my degree.lets wait and see sha

@mevisbleek, so chinese tims dey(i think sey na only chinese fone dey ni, lol)i was only thinkin about yaba sef, 10ks for remindin me about id too, i really have to start thinkin about the shoppin cos xmas is fast approaching and prices mait go up

@realcool, which kinda visa? student or visitin, anyway i advice u to start from page1 of this thread to the last page,,,,,,that was what i did sha, my opinion though, enjoy
Re: Travelling To Canada by realcool: 7:54am On Nov 01, 2009
visiting please help i really want to no the process,i av USA,UK,France and south Africa,i will also like to visit Canada by December
Re: Travelling To Canada by Delta007(m): 12:43pm On Nov 01, 2009
@dogice, Yes, you;d have to move to F'tton at some point to complete your Engineering degree but my point is both F'tton and SJ are "blah-ish" cities. F'tton is obviously better but why stay there when you can move somewhere better?
Re: Travelling To Canada by keyne(f): 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2009
hi
i want to begin applications to a canadian uni,pls anybody know of univ with low tuition and fees, thx
Re: Travelling To Canada by mevisbleek: 5:04pm On Nov 01, 2009
@keyne, girst of all, what do u want to study. Will u be going for undergrad or grad. Reply sothat i wld be able to help u
Re: Travelling To Canada by dogice(m): 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2009
@delta007, 9ce idea, i am definately monitoring a couple of schls sha (includin us schls) and the 1 u talkd about in nova scot, bt at least st j is definately beta dan uni of ibadan(dat is where i am presently), dis schl sucks dieeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2009
Re: Travelling To Canada
« #1229 on: Today at 03:50:27 PM »

hi
i want to begin applications to a canadian uni,pls anybody know of univ with low tuition and fees, thx
[quote][/quote]
@ keyene it depends on the location and the kind of degree u are pursuing.
Are u going for undegrad or postgrad
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:48am On Nov 02, 2009
@Delta007, I didnt know u come 2 Toronto tongue
@others, if u r coming ehh, berra prepare well with thick sweaters and da rest,,,,winter aint a joke esp. da place Delta mentioned
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:54am On Nov 02, 2009
@jamie55, I am sure you will get the visa, just relax and pray to your God
b/w, I attend YORK UNIVERSITY
Re: Travelling To Canada by jamie55: 8:14am On Nov 02, 2009
@ hotstepper. Thanks for the encouragement. Good to hear that u attend york. Pls can u give me your perception of york and wht its like studying their cos everything i know na thru their website o.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Gozzgoz(m): 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2009
hi! dogice i will like to know if the form sent to u by the embassy stated a particular day for u to go for the medicals, or were u given a choice to pick any covenient day within an particular period. One more tin i will like it if u drop me ur present yahoo id since u dnt visit that one i sent the last message to. thank u.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Gozzgoz(m): 6:23pm On Nov 02, 2009
My fellow nairalanders i want find out how long your application needs to stay with the embassy before one can clear the doubts of them refusing his/her visa. this is because i applied on the 30th of september, over a month now and from the little info i have, i learnt dat if it has stayed at least a month with them it means dat they have not found any deficiency in your application and have accepted to process your application . Please i call on nairalanders that know a lot more about the whole process to please help me out with an answer. thank u all.
Re: Travelling To Canada by dogice(m): 9:09pm On Nov 02, 2009
@gozz goz, the clinic askd me to choose a date and they gave me a tym to come
dont worry i will send the addy to ur mail
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:13am On Nov 03, 2009
@jamie55, I love York, datz all I can say
Re: Travelling To Canada by thaddeus99: 8:00am On Nov 03, 2009
Please I am very much interested in studying in any of canadian universty.
I am from Nigeria. I dont know if any canadian university accept 2.4GP for masters
Below are my preferrence,

I am applying to study Undergraduate program

Very low tuition fees

Inany part of canada so far the tuition fees is very low

Please anybody with right idea should please contact me on the below means.

Email, mbathaddeus_9@yahoo.com

Mobile phone, 08035142036
Re: Travelling To Canada by youngmayor(m): 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2009
@mevisbleek
undergraduate,acct.
Re: Travelling To Canada by teachme(m): 8:36am On Nov 07, 2009
why is the house quiet!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by johnkent(m): 8:20pm On Nov 07, 2009
teachme:

FYI: Thats how quiet canada is. haha
Re: Travelling To Canada by dokuppy(m): 4:28am On Nov 08, 2009
The name kbattula,
bros,tell me more about ur placement
Re: Travelling To Canada by nethacker(m): 11:27am On Nov 10, 2009
teachme:

so is US
Re: Travelling To Canada by suxes2005(m): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2009
Every1 is busy lookin for xmas food as i got scammed some weeks ago.

shalom

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.