Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,353 members, 7,846,529 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455935 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by justwise(m): 11:16am On Apr 17, 2010
sparta 1:

The tuition can be paid over 8 installments.They also accept WAEC/NECO.

You got no game, stop fooling around NL, are those universities in ur bedroom?
Re: Travelling To Canada by sparta1: 12:11pm On Apr 17, 2010
@justwise,because of your comment if feel like shouting the name of that univeristy,however because the enviroment has bended me towards capitalism,i will do what capitalists are known for.

Its $5,400 because the university charges all international students in-state tuition rather than out-of-state tution.This will consequently attract more international students to their university as that is the reason for the waiver in the first place.
Re: Travelling To Canada by justwise(m): 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2010
sparta 1:

@justwise,because of your comment if feel like shouting the name of that univeristy,however because the enviroment has bended me towards capitalism,i will do what capitalists are known for.

Its $5,400 because the university charges all international students in-state tuition rather than out-of-state tution.This will consequently attract more international students to their university as that is the reason for the waiver in the first place.

You are still not making any sense, we all know why u don't want to name that university, its either it doesn't exist or its one of those mushroom universities, foreign students are their cash machine, not registered with any recognised body.
Re: Travelling To Canada by sparta1: 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2010
why pay an agent N250,000 just for processing.
Re: Travelling To Canada by sparta1: 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2010
take advantage of this tuition waiver and pay only $5,400 per yr.
Re: Travelling To Canada by sparta1: 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2010
in a quality and affordable American university.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-431915.0.html
Re: Travelling To Canada by justwise(m): 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2010
sparta 1:

in a quality and affordable American university.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-431915.0.html

University without name?
Re: Travelling To Canada by qutebloke1(m): 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2010
Hi all.

I just concluded my BSc (Chemistry) with a 2:2 and would like to switch to the IT field, so I applied for an undergraduate programme at a  Canadian university. I would like to know if the embassy would grant me a study permit seeing that am applying for an undergraduate course.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Odunnu: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2010
Get ur Canadian paperz legitimately.Interestd?
Lets talk.
Re: Travelling To Canada by aieromon(m): 4:24am On Apr 20, 2010
Odunnu:

Get your Canadian paperz legitimately.Interestd?
Lets talk.

Am listening cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada by Cavad4real: 6:47am On Apr 20, 2010
@all iam writing,iam filling my student permit form,and i will like to know whether there will be an interview.and also there is this question that i don't understand and need help1} will accompany you to canada? 2}immigration status of applicants in country where applying, and what will i write on the space where there is file in page 1 B.
Re: Travelling To Canada by talachino: 11:18am On Apr 22, 2010
@hotstepper,
I am still waiting for your response to my mail.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by whizdude(m): 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2010
i reali enjoy these kinda threads n would love it if anyone could let me in on any university(school) of Pharmacy in Canada,the cost per session n d job prospects i have a B.Pharm,frm OOU CGPA 4.38/5.0, pls all
Re: Travelling To Canada by talachino: 11:09am On Apr 23, 2010
@hotstepper,
        I wrote you an email about a week ago and i have not heared from u, I await your response cos u said u were going to get back to me.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 9:24pm On Apr 23, 2010
whizdude:

i reali enjoy these kinda threads n would love it if anyone could let me in on any university(school) of Pharmacy in Canada,the cost per session n d job prospects i have a B.Pharm,frm OOU CGPA 4.38/5.0, pls all

www.google.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada by datruguy: 7:07am On Apr 28, 2010
Good Morning Nairalanders,

I would like to make inquiries as regards Canadian Visa Appliation

I am a grad from a Nigerian Uni since 2006, haven't gotten a job though i did some IT certifications around 2008 (MCSA) to be precise. I am currently 26 years and got admission to study Applied Computer Science in Manitoba. I was granted a 2 years (60 unit) credit transfer based on my previous undergrad studies here in Nigeria.

I am willing to apply to the Canadian embassy in a couple of days and would like some full information from you guys around here. I do appreciate all your responses.

1. What are the actual documentations that are required at the embassy?

A check at http://www.canadainternational(dot)gc(dot)ca/nigeria/ only brought up a) application form b) bank statement c) Acceptance Letter from the Uni d) International Passport but upon going through this thread i found out that one would need a return envelope & police report. Kindly post up a checklist of what i might require to submit. How do i get the police report?

2. As regards my financial documents, my dad would be my sole sponsor. The whole 1 year expenses is roughly $26,000CAD which is like 3.7mil naira. My issue is that my pop recently opened a fixed deposit account (2 months old) of 4mil which he plans to use for my financial expenses. He had to sell one of his landed property to be able to raise that sum. He is working and has a active account which is separate from the fixed deposit account. He also has a 80% developed house which he is currently working on completing it. Would i need to submit both account statement? Do i need a letter from him indicating that the fund in the fixed deposit account is strictly for my finances? What are the chances of using the 80% completed house as a proof of ties of coming back to the country?

3. Another issue is that i read biology at undergrad level, now i was accepted for an Applied Computer Science course also an undergrad level, would it be a factor? Have it in mind that i did an IT degree to enhance my chances of computer knowledge. Do i need to submit originals of my microsoft certifications? Do i also need to include a letter indicating why i choosed computer science instead of chemistry?

4. Well i don't know for sure but below is the list of document i plan sending in with my application.

a. Official Letter Of Acceptance from The Univeristy.

b. Official Undergrad Transcript from my previous Univeristy.

c. Birth Certificate.

d. WAEC Certificate & a Scratch Card for online verification.

e. Letter stating my choice of computer science & not biology.

f. Letter from sponsor confirming responsibility of the fees for the entire duration.

g. Statement of account from Sponsor

h Statement of account from the fixed deposit account

i. Shares of my sponsor which can be certified via CSCS (hope i got dat rite)

I do hope this is enough requirement but would appreciate if i am given a better guide if to include any of this or omit it. Pease feel free to send me a post on here.

Thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada by MIKKY0091(m): 8:44pm On Apr 29, 2010
it has been up to 3 months that i submitted my application for study permit @ canadian embassy lagos and i have been called to conduct a medical test after the second week of submission but till then i have'nt heard anything from them and the school i applied to is going to resume in the next one and half week,so i will like to ask from my fellow naira land that what did u all think i can do about it,because i'm getting confuse?and is it sure that they are going to give me the visa if my medical test is good?and i hope that they have not forgotten about my application?please my fellow naira land,i want you all to advice me on what to do and please answer to all my questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks you all,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Tweinmarrks: 6:02am On Apr 30, 2010
You should and take basic precautions.  Bear in mind the following: 

* If staying in a hotel, do not leave your door open at any time;
    * Do not leave your handbag or luggage unattended in reception or dining areas as thieves often target tourist hotels;
    * Keep passports, tickets and large sums of cash in a safety deposit box or hotel safe;
    * Avoid leaving luggage on display in cars.

st simons island vacation cottage
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 6:54pm On Apr 30, 2010
@ datruguy;

On your list I can not find any evidence you'll return to Nigeria (ties to home). That seems the only vital omission.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 9:43pm On May 01, 2010
@datruguy

Attaching a Cover letter to the fixed account statement will not harm your application rather it will boost your chance

You will need to write a very good letter of intent to give reasons why you have decided to change your coourse of study. If you have not writen one just google to get a sample you will follow in writing yours, please do not lift from the sample, just use it as a format, give your peculiar reasons.

Please submit only original copies of your document, Photocopies might make your application to look suspicious, Including your microsoft certificate will not harm your application, in shot, include any document that you think that will boost your chances

N.B On a candid note, you do not have a concrete tie to show that you will return to Nigeria after studies, Please look for ties to back up your application. Many people have miss getting VISA because of this,

P.S, Well am just an applicant like you, but being in these forum for sometime now, has help to garner vital information about all these things from the great men and women in this forum. I just hope that the little I give will be of help to you.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 9:52pm On May 01, 2010
@Mikky

Please go to the consular office, present your plight. Many in this forum have encountered the same particular problem, and they went to present their case, and got their Visa.

P.S, Just wondering if you included a reply envelope with your application?
Re: Travelling To Canada by datruguy: 11:05pm On May 01, 2010
@Rare & @Charlie193

Please what do you people mean by ""evidence you'll return to Nigeria (ties to home)."""

Do i have to write anything as regards that? Or is it a document i'd submit,

Where do i also buy the return envelope?

Thanks for your help so far
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 8:25pm On May 02, 2010
@datruguy

You can get the return envelope from any of the courier services like EMS,DHL and others. This is what they will use to return all your original documents and the Passport back to you.

About the tie, I have also asked the same question you ask sometime ago in this forum. Well from answers I got from people and my personal research about the tie thing to someone country, I got the following to be a strong ties

1. Having a wife and children in your country, a certificate to show for this,

2. Currently working in your country and the company is ready to continue paying your salary, hoping that you will work with them when you come back, Having a letter from your employer to this effect.

3. You have fixed property like land in your country, Certificate like the C-OF O in your name will be ok!

4.You belong any world renowned organization like RED CROSS, etc, And the organization write a letter own your behave that you are of good behavior and that you will return to the country after your studies.

5. A reputable personality in the society like Senators, Governors, Pastors, Imams, Barrister, etc writing a letter to attest to your good behaviour and the certainty of your return to Nigeria.

6.Also, your previous traveling history, traveling out of Nigeria and returning to Nigeria after what you have gone for might also shows that you have a strong tie in Nigeria.

N.B, well me and you know that, perhaps, you no go come back again, but just try to find something to convince them that you will come back to Nigeria.

P.S, Do you know of the agency called MAPLE. well just Google about them, I heard that they are good in helping to process Visa to Canada. Well, I NO no them oooooo and I have not use their service before, I just hear say them good well well,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 11:25pm On May 02, 2010
@Datruguy. In my case,as a successful applicant, I used letter from current employer to show ties to the country.The letter did not state they'd still be paying me in my absence nor that they'd offer any support.It only mentioned how long I'd worked for them;recommendations of my professional work; and also their awareness of my study intent.It was silent abt if a job would be waiting for me; but the general tone of the letter was to emphasise I was a responsible individual, & most importantly, from a verifiable source.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 9:13am On May 03, 2010
@Rare

Am happy for you, which of the school are you going, Onces again congrate!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 9:36am On May 03, 2010
@ Charlie193, it's the University of Alberta.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 10:05am On May 03, 2010
@Rare

hey, that is great, are you going for fall or winter 2011, when did you applied for the Visa and how many months did your application spend with them , Am still waiting for decision from my chosen school, University of Manitoba. I actually applied for Winter 2011, so I guess I still have time!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 2:55pm On May 03, 2010
@Charlie193, my entire application process(including medicals) lasted approx. three and a half months before a decision was taken. Is yours a Master's degree as well ?
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 9:35pm On May 03, 2010
@Rare

Y ea, am going for a Msc in Engineering. Please can you help me to list all the documents you used during application. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by olaoluwa13: 12:33pm On May 14, 2010
any body that want to apply for collegecanada in should contact cos the collgeg has lowa pplication fee of about 25cad and deposit of 200cad, through raheem _usman@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 2:10pm On May 14, 2010
olaoluwa13:

any body that want to apply for collegecanada in should contact cos the collgeg has lowa pplication fee of about 25cad and deposit of 200cad, through raheem _usman@yahoo.com

Mmmmhh quite difficult to comprehend you.

Anyway, if you're looking for advantages, I know that University of Alberta exempts Nigerian students from application fees (but you must be resident in Nigeria. Same for some nationals from other developing countries). Also they don't insist on any fees deposit before admissions decision is taken.

So, @ olaoluwa13, research and think of better selling points for your target audience.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Medlabgirl: 2:04am On May 15, 2010
@datruguy
If your father has a business of his own or is starting up one, then that would be your most concrete proof of ties to Nigeria. He should write a letter saying that you and he have an understanding that he is investing in you right now so that you will come back home to run the family business. I can tell you that they really respect the daddy letter. I know from experience; enough said.

Hope you get through really soon. Canada is awesome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.