Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,390 members, 7,853,743 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:00 PM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (456399 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by femochi62: 2:12am On May 16, 2010
HI GUYZ, DELTA007 SURE KNOWS WHAT HE IS SAYING, COZ ALL WHAT HE SAID IS VERY TRUE, AM FEMI I I GOT TO EDMONTON IN FEBRUARY TO STUDY, IN A UNIVERSITY HERE. AND TRUST ME TO START A LIFE HERE IS NOT EASY ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE JUST ON STUDY PERMIT, YOU MIGHT FIRST THINK THAT THINGS ARE EXPENSIVE COZ YOU WOULD PROBABLY COMPARE THE EXCHANGE RANGE, BUT ITS NOT EXPENSIVE IF YOU KNOW WHERE TO SHOP, I AM BEGINNING TO GET THE HANG OF THINGS HERE , AND TRUST ME YOU CAN BE THE BEST HERE ONLY IF YOU ARE SERIOUS AND FOCUSED, STUDYING HERE IS MADE EASY ONLY IF YOU WANT TO REALLY STUDY, I DONT HAVE ANY FRIENDS HERE COZ I CAME ALONE, AND THANK God I AM MEETING SOME GOOD NIGERIANS HERE WHO ARE VERY HELPFUL SO IT CAN BE RATHER DEPRESSING IF YOU DONT KNOW ANYBODY HERE ,
ADDRESSING THE ISSUE OF PROCESSING YOUR ASDDDMISION, LET ME EXPLAING HOW I DID MINE AND INSTEAD OF THE NORMAL 3MONTHS THE CANADIAN EMBASSY USES TO EVALUATE YOU APPLICATION MINE WAS DONE IN 2MONTHS, WHY? OK LET ME HIGHLIGHT WHAT I DID
- YOU DO NOT ACTUALLY NEED TOEFEL OR SAT , YOU CAN USE YOUR WAEC OR NECO TO COME STUDY HERE
-MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AT LEAST #2M BANK CHECK AND HAVE AT LEAST 2 SPONSORS
-YOU NEED ALL YOU SCHOOLING DOCUMENTS, AND IF YOU ARE NOT A FRESH HIGH GRADUATE, THEN YOU HAVE PRESENT WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN DOING SINCE YOU GRADUATED, LIKE I STUDIED ORACLE DBA AFTER GRADUATION SO I PRESENTED THE CERTIFICATE,

AM SORRY ITS JUST A LONG PROCESS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE OR IF YOU WANT ME TO GUIDE YOU ON HOW TO FILL THE APPLICATION FORM OR ANY OTHER THING RELATING TO STUDYING IN CANADA YOU CAN CONTACT ME , WILL BE GLAD TO HELP FEMOCHI62@YAHOO.COM
Re: Travelling To Canada by femochi62: 2:14am On May 16, 2010
HI GUYS, DELTA007 SURE KNOWS WHAT HE IS SAYING, COZ ALL WHAT HE SAID IS  VERY TRUE, AM FEMI I I GOT TO EDMONTON IN FEBRUARY TO STUDY, IN A UNIVERSITY HERE. AND TRUST ME TO START A LIFE HERE IS NOT EASY ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE JUST ON STUDY PERMIT, YOU MIGHT FIRST THINK THAT THINGS ARE EXPENSIVE COZ YOU WOULD PROBABLY COMPARE THE EXCHANGE RANGE, BUT ITS NOT EXPENSIVE IF YOU KNOW WHERE TO SHOP, I AM BEGINNING TO GET THE HANG OF THINGS HERE , AND TRUST ME YOU CAN BE THE BEST HERE ONLY IF YOU ARE SERIOUS AND FOCUSED,  STUDYING HERE IS MADE EASY ONLY IF YOU WANT TO REALLY STUDY, I DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS HERE COZ I CAME ALONE, AND THANK God  I AM MEETING SOME GOOD NIGERIANS HERE WHO ARE VERY HELPFUL SO IT CAN BE RATHER DEPRESSING IF YOU DON'T KNOW ANYBODY HERE ,
ADDRESSING THE ISSUE OF PROCESSING YOUR ADMISSIONS, LET ME EXPLAIN HOW I DID MINE AND INSTEAD OF THE NORMAL 3MONTHS THE CANADIAN EMBASSY USES TO EVALUATE YOU APPLICATION MINE WAS DONE IN 2MONTHS, WHY? OK LET ME HIGHLIGHT WHAT I DID
- YOU DO NOT ACTUALLY NEED TOEFL OR SAT , YOU CAN USE YOUR WAEC OR NECO TO COME STUDY HERE
-MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AT LEAST #2M  BANK CHECK  AND HAVE AT LEAST 2 SPONSORS
-YOU NEED ALL YOU SCHOOLING DOCUMENTS, AND IF YOU ARE NOT A FRESH HIGH GRADUATE, THEN YOU HAVE PRESENT WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN DOING SINCE YOU GRADUATED, LIKE I STUDIED ORACLE DBA AFTER GRADUATION SO I PRESENTED THE CERTIFICATE,

AM SORRY ITS JUST A LONG PROCESS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE OR IF YOU WANT ME TO GUIDE YOU ON HOW TO FILL THE APPLICATION FORM OR ANY OTHER THING RELATING TO STUDYING IN CANADA YOU CAN CONTACT ME , WILL BE GLAD TO HELP   FEMOCHI62@YAHOO.COM
Re: Travelling To Canada by sophy09: 2:52am On May 16, 2010
If you are studying in canada, I'm telling you won't have time to answer people's questions cause your instructors will bombard you with assignments. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada by femochi62: 2:54am On May 16, 2010
thats true but like i said i just got here
Re: Travelling To Canada by sophy09: 2:56am On May 16, 2010
I understand the willingness to help other. Which school in Edmonton
Re: Travelling To Canada by femochi62: 2:57am On May 16, 2010
grant macewan uni
Re: Travelling To Canada by sophy09: 2:58am On May 16, 2010
Great! Although I have never heard of the school before, what program are you studying there
Re: Travelling To Canada by femochi62: 3:00am On May 16, 2010
INSURANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENT, I HEAR ITS ONE OF TOP 5 IN ALBERTA
Re: Travelling To Canada by sophy09: 3:02am On May 16, 2010
That's great, i do not much about schools here apart from the popular ones. Good for you.
Re: Travelling To Canada by femochi62: 3:06am On May 16, 2010
WHERE R U ,
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 7:22am On May 16, 2010
femochi62:

thats true but like i said i just got here

I'm just curious. You just got here (this is may) and you are in Edmonton to study. What seission would that be please? spring, winter or fall?

"The Insurance and Risk Management Diploma program at MacEwan begins early September and runs for 13 months continuous".

Its a bit strange you came to Edmonton in may to resume a diploma program in september.
Re: Travelling To Canada by femochi62: 7:25am On May 16, 2010
u sound like a strict parent, FYI , i am runing on USI now just to fufill sum courses, if you know wat i mean, so ro resume fully nxt year
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 7:38am On May 16, 2010
femochi62:

u sound like a strict parent, FYI , i am runing on USI now just to fufill sum courses, if you know wat i mean, so ro resume fully nxt year

Whats USI sir? Dont misunderstand me, i just dont appreciate spammers here
Re: Travelling To Canada by femochi62: 7:41am On May 16, 2010
and you sounded as if you knew everything , well , usi means university studies international, its a prep course, and does any of the thing have posted look like spam
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fidelo(m): 7:48am On May 16, 2010
femochi62:

and you sounded as if you knew everything , well , usi means university studies international, its a prep course, and does any of the thing have posted look like spam

Like I said sir, dont misunderstand me.

Good luck with whatever you do . . . . and dont forget to visit the West Edmonton Mall
Re: Travelling To Canada by femochi62: 7:49am On May 16, 2010
been there already, as a matter of fact been to most of the interesting places,
Re: Travelling To Canada by sophy09: 3:49am On May 17, 2010
I'm in BC
Re: Travelling To Canada by datruguy: 2:30pm On May 17, 2010
@all do i need to get a police report if im applying for a study permit to canada. 2. is it necessary it has to be collected at alagbon or can i get it at any police station?
Re: Travelling To Canada by sophy09: 4:08pm On May 17, 2010
You need a police report and it is issued in alagbon not the police station
Re: Travelling To Canada by datruguy: 7:46pm On May 17, 2010
sophy09:

You need a police report and it is issued in alagbon not the police station

Thanks for your reply sophy09.

1. I do also need to know where in Alagbon? n how much would it cost me?

2. I read it in another forum that the Application fee has to be issued via a bank draft in Canadian Dollar currency. Have tried getting that in some banks where i reside but they don't have it. Is there another way i can pay or how do i go about that? How much is the Application fee itself?

3. Thanks for the response, I appreciate ya
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 9:12am On May 18, 2010
please guys I was given admission by McGill University for fall 2010, but I might not be ready to go this sept, so what do you think I DO? PLEASE IT IS URGENT, HELP ME.
Re: Travelling To Canada by basking4me: 1:26pm On May 18, 2010
Between Edmonton and Alberta, which is a more conducive area (Housing, school & Jobs) to settle for a newcomer. I hear Oil is being drilled in Alberta creating a lot of oil & gas job opportunities.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 5:58pm On May 18, 2010
datruguy:

2. I read it in another forum that the Application fee has to be issued via a bank draft in Canadian Dollar currency. Have tried getting that in some banks where i reside but they don't have it. Is there another way i can pay or how do i go about that? How much is the Application fee itself?

3. Thanks for the response, I appreciate ya

@Datruguy, what you read was probably for permanent resident visas. For study permits, the rules are as follows (see attachment):

Processing fees - the Canadian government charges a fee for the processing of a Study Permit.
i. bank draft in Naira
ii. payable to ‘Canadian Deputy High Commission’
iii. If the issuing bank is outside of Lagos, it must be stamped on the bank draft that it is payable in Lagos
iv. Your name must be printed on the back of the bank draft.

For the current application fee, check the internet or contact the Canadian Deputy High Commission in Lagos (lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca).

charlie193:

please guys I was given admission by McGill University for fall 2010, but I might not be ready to go this sept, so what do you think I DO? PLEASE IT IS URGENT, HELP ME.

@ Charlie193; calculate 90 days prior to school start date stated on your offer letter. If you can apply before the 90 days limit, go ahead. Else write the school immediately to defer to next possible start. Visa regulations in your home country is a valid excuse to defer.The appropriate email, to write to, should be indicated on the school's letter.

basking4me:

Between Edmonton and Alberta, which is a more conducive area (Housing, school & Jobs) to settle for a newcomer. I hear Oil is being drilled in Alberta creating a lot of oil & gas job opportunities.
@ Basking4me, Edmonton is a city inside the province of Alberta.

Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 10:11am On May 19, 2010
I appplied to uni of calgary, uni of alberta and uni of waterloo around january this year and am yet to hear from them.
Pls, can you help me out?I want to study electrical and computer engineering at master degree level.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 5:28pm On May 19, 2010
@lanreade, why don't you contact the school. Besides, don't you have how you can check your application status, who knows, maybe there is something they still need from you. I think by middle of June, if you don't hear from them, that means no admission for you for fall start up time, Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada by TESLIM55: 6:31pm On May 19, 2010
am 25 yrs of age about to apply for an undergraduate studies in Canada, House which school do i apply for All suggestions ar highly welcome puting less tution fe, average rent,good location into consideration.
Re: Travelling To Canada by mikmak: 5:11pm On May 21, 2010
hello nairalanders pls dis is urgent, Belvic Global Ventures just advertised in yesterday Guardian for job placement opportunities in Canada and the Middle East, i need to know if they re real or not before i pay for the canada package, the following is the info av gathered about dem, DETAILS

Belvic Global Ventures

Belvic Global Ventures is a Registered International Registered Job Procurement Agency.

Corporate Head Office;
Belvic Global Ventures RC 822714
L’Monarch Plaza, 3rd Floor, 65c Opebi Rd, Ikeja, Lagos.

International Head Office;
Belvic Global Ventures LLC RC 635523
Zanath House along Omar Bin Al Khattab Rd
Frij Al Murrar Dairo Dubai, UAE
Tel: +971 42355483, Mobile: +971 554915889, Fax: +971 42355489

E-mail: info@bgv-ng.com

Available Offer

Job Placement in the following Countries:

Quebec
Vancouver} Canada

Dubai (U.A.E)
DOHA (QATAR} Middle East

Package Inclusive

-3 years work permit
-Flight Ticket
-Job Placement
-Accommodation
-Conducive Environment
-Specialization not compulsory
-sponsorship available but condition apply

How It Works
I went to their corporate head office in Lagos here to make enquiries and was able to obtain the following info:
- The package for Canada costs 1 million naira. The company has in place a sponsorship plan for clients that can’t afford this sum at a go. The company is ready to foot 80% of the package bill i.e. 800,000 with the following conditions:
1. A signed agreement to pay back within 1 yr of work with 50% interest or to pay back within 2years of work with 100% interest.
2. Client would bring 2 credible guarantors to stand in for client incase client breaches the agreement.
3. An agreement will be reached with Employer of Client in Canada( with client’s consent) to work out the modalities of payment within the specified year of payment.
- The job placement package will take 4-6 months, i.e. processing the visa, e.t.c
- The minimum wage an 0’level holder can be paid in Canada right now is 1,200US Dollars. Any Employer that pays less than this will be sued by the Canadian Government for Slavery.
- On arriving Canada, Client will go through a 3 months training and Test. This will determine client’s level of performance, suitable job placement and remuneration.
- Application form cost 15,000. Administration charges cost 30,000.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chamber2(m): 8:10pm On May 22, 2010
@Rare

Congrats.u could contact me at nwaeme@ualberta.ca

I was also admitted to study MA economics,fall 2010 at the University of Alberta.

Nairalanders kindly assess my application documents and advise me.

I applied for visa on the 14th May 2010 with d following documents

1.Adm letter 2.GRE and toefl scores 3.degree cert 4.transcript 5.NIIT training cert 5.microsoft professional cert. 6.NIM cert. 7.my bank statement with 200k+
8.my sponsor's acct statement with 11mil.9.a letter 4rm my sponsor and his recent tax clearance 10.his company reg. cert. 11.a sworn affidavit 4rm d ikeja high court stating i would return after my studies.12.birth cert. 13.identification cert 4rm my state.

Note:in my sponsor's letter,he stated he would employ me to work in his Insurance firm upon graduation

what else do i need? I am still on my nysc and will complete by june.

thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 11:36am On May 23, 2010
@chamber2; did you submit the ff essentials:
(i)Police clearance certificate
(ii)Form A-2E: Family composition & Employmnt history
Re: Travelling To Canada by chamber2(m): 2:08pm On May 23, 2010
@Rare

I submitted d filled forms and d police clearance 4rm alagbo.

I am only a self employed computer engineer n does not receive HUGE income.I only submitted my bank a/c to prove dat i am not a dependant, Am also doing my nysc n will finish by june.I will be sponsored by my brother inlaw.

What do u think of my application and when are u leaving 4 Canada?

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by benom(m): 5:42pm On May 23, 2010
Hi guys,
Most of my contributions of recent have been deleted almost immediately i post them.
I have never posted any fraudulent item on this forum before. I wonder why i am being locked out. My only means of relating and getting useful info is through the mails of fellow nairalanders we have communicated before on phone, y'msgr and skype.
@Forum Administrator, pls do something about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (189)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.