Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,064 members, 7,863,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (456932 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by benom(m): 6:06pm On May 23, 2010
@Charlie, Marcar, Hotstepper, Fhemmmy, Wonderbod,
Where are u guys abi una don abandon me?

@Charlie, How far with ur admission. Deferring mine to Sept 2011 to enable me gather all the required docs and funds.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Hotstepper(f): 4:50am On May 24, 2010
@benom, I dey bam, how far? updates?
Re: Travelling To Canada by marcar(m): 6:26pm On May 24, 2010
benom:

@Charlie, How far with your admission. Deferring mine to Sept 2011 to enable me gather all the required docs and funds.

I never abandon you am still in the forum but only reply questions that i can give proper explanations
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 7:02pm On May 24, 2010
chamber2:

@Rare
What do u think of my application and when are u leaving 4 Canada?
Thanks

Your application seems like you put in your best efforts. I hope CDHC will be impressed. Reading through this thread, you'll see the visa outcomes have no formulas. I wish you the best.
When I was in a similar situation like yours (3 years ago), I was denied study permit to UK. But the experience made my recent application to Canada seem like a piece of cake.
BTW, I think you're in the right stage for the MA; just finishing NYSC and with nothing to lose !!. For some of us, you'd start to have double thoughts about quitting a job. Hence, means I ain't sure when am leaving,
Re: Travelling To Canada by chamber2(m): 5:17pm On May 25, 2010
@Rare

, still praying 4 a positive response 4rm them.Meanwhile,were u asked to pay ur fees b4 u were issued with d visa?Cos most of my friends said at a point u will b required to pay all ur fees.I would prefer paying my fees on arrival to avoid transfer cost.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 5:28pm On May 25, 2010
@ chamber2;
In my case I was never (at any point ) asked to pay school fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada by benom(m): 8:42pm On May 25, 2010
These guys are unpredictable.
All u need is proper co-ordination and a lot of prayers. wink
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 8:58pm On May 25, 2010
@ Benon,
I dey, always following the thread. Well, about my admission, I think I will definitely defer till the next start date, that is, Winter, 2011, but for now am still checking the possibility of applying for Permit for this Fall.

@ Marcar, How you dey,

@ All, Please I just came across this scholarship for Sept 2011 Msc Admission. The scholarship worth about 100 000 dollars in value for the 2 years duration of master programme.Nigeria is inclusive. Please check this website for details www.ofid.org.
Re: Travelling To Canada by benom(m): 10:13pm On May 25, 2010
Thanks charlie,
I just checked the link and it was really cool.
Wish u the best of luck in your application.
I applied for winter 2011 but I am deferring to fall 2011 to enable me gather all required docs.

I don't have a sponsor, i am sponsoring myself so i need a lot of cash and docs.
Re: Travelling To Canada by marcar(m): 9:53am On May 26, 2010
@ Benom don't worry with God on ourside we will all get there
@ charlie193 am cool and still following the thread i know that with God all things are possible
Re: Travelling To Canada by Tjay2: 2:06pm On May 27, 2010
Rare:

Your application seems like you put in your best efforts. I hope CDHC will be impressed. Reading through this thread, you'll see the visa outcomes have no formulas. I wish you the best.
When I was in a similar situation like yours (3 years ago), I was denied study permit to UK. But the experience made my recent application to Canada seem like a piece of cake.
BTW, I think you're in the right stage for the MA; just finishing NYSC and with nothing to lose !!. For some of us, you'd start to have double thoughts about quitting a job. Hence, means I ain't sure when am leaving,

same thing happend to me in 2008 were i was refused entry visa for uk cos i used a false bank statement and all other docs were original but now i am thinking about CA and i already got an acceptance letter but wat i am scared of is using the same passport i used when i applied for the uk visa considering the cercumstance i was refused by the uk pple PLS I NEED UR ADVICE @ all
Re: Travelling To Canada by JagaJaga1: 3:05pm On May 27, 2010
A lot of canadian schools require a GPA of 3.0/4.0. Can someone translate this requirement in Nigerian grading system
Re: Travelling To Canada by chamber2(m): 9:28am On May 28, 2010
, well advisable to use fake documents for visa purposes.The odds are always bad.I think u can still use ur former passport and try 2 b truthful this time and pray 2 God.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Tjay2: 10:11am On May 28, 2010
trust me i don learn ma lesson,but wat i want to konw now is if u hav actually seen anybody applied for a visa and was successful wif the application under d same circumstance@ all
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 11:59am On May 28, 2010
T.jay:

same thing happend to me in 2008 were i was refused entry visa for uk cos i used a false bank statement and all other docs were original but now i am thinking about CA and i already got an acceptance letter but wat i am scared of is using the same passport i used when i applied for the uk visa considering the cercumstance i was refused by the uk pple PLS I NEED your ADVICE @ all

, and am sure you were angry you were refused visa? wink They got their decision on point.
After all the curses at embassies; they do get some right afterall. Even when I was denied UK study permit due to insufficient funds, I also feel they got the decision right (looking with hindsight).
Re: Travelling To Canada by Tjay2: 8:39pm On May 28, 2010
yeah i was very pissed considering d fact dat it was d only option i had den but am glad i did not get de visa afterall but wat i did den is now affectin me presently mhennnn dis thing just dey gime cerious concern angry.but i still need ur contributions doe.should i go ahead wif da passport?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Fhemmmy: 1:51am On May 29, 2010
benom:

@Charlie, How far with your admission. Deferring mine to Sept 2011 to enable me gather all the required docs and funds.

I am so sorry oh.
You are never abandoned . . . . . . Been busy on the Auto section.
What was the question . . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada by marcar(m): 2:05am On May 29, 2010
T.jay:

yeah i was very pissed considering d fact dat it was d only option i had den but am glad i did not get de visa afterall but wat i did den is now affectin me presently mhennnn dis thing just dey gime cerious concern angry.but i still need your contributions doe.should i go ahead wif da passport?

You will be needing a new passport cause the old passport is no longer acceptable so you will need an e-passport at the embassy!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada by Tjay2: 2:56am On May 29, 2010
marcar:

You will be needing a new passport cause the old passport is no longer acceptable so you will need an e-passport at the embassy!!!!!

it waz e-passport i used then not da old one.i just dey sad regret
Re: Travelling To Canada by marcar(m): 10:48pm On May 29, 2010
T.jay:

it waz e-passport i used then not da old one.i just dey sad regret

The new E-passport can be issue once , so i will advice you to use the passport but make sure that all your documents are genuine now and with God on your side you will be given the visa but make sure that your [size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]DOCUMENTS ARE GENUINE THIS TIME AROUND [/size][/size][/size]
Re: Travelling To Canada by bomly(f): 6:38am On Jun 03, 2010
Hello,

Can anyone advice me, can I still put up an application for Study permit visa in Canadian consulate in Lagos for Fall semester 2010 session? I have all documents but I need to know the processing time
Re: Travelling To Canada by chamber2(m): 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2010
Hi NL

I submitted my application 4 study visa at d cad.embassy in lag since May 14.I am yet 2 get a response 4rm d CDHC.what is going on?
Also can I still submit additional documents?I just got my biz registered recently.

Waiting 4 ur response .

Tanx 2 all
Re: Travelling To Canada by chamber2(m): 8:48pm On Jun 03, 2010
Is this trend dying out?
Re: Travelling To Canada by marcar(m): 12:08am On Jun 04, 2010
bomly:

Hello,

Can anyone advice me, can I still put up an application for Study permit visa in Canadian consulate in Lagos for Fall semester 2010 session? I have all documents but I need to know the processing time
if you want to apply for study permit visa you have to apply 3 months before the school resumes so if you school is resuming in September that means May is the last month that you can apply , i can only advise you to defer your admission till January 2011 you can send an email to school that you want to defer your admission to January 2011

chamber2:

Hi NL

I submitted my application 4 study visa at d cad.embassy in lag since May 14.I am yet 2 get a response 4rm d CDHC.what is going on?
Also can I still submit additional documents?I just got my biz registered recently.

Waiting 4 your response .

Tanx 2 all

You need a maximum of 30 working days which is six weeks before getting a response from CDHC!!!!! kindly keep us posted as everything goes on
Re: Travelling To Canada by chatmate: 7:07am On Jun 04, 2010
im apply for this canada college, please i need someone to help me and explain more better, these are the requirement

Application Form - please print it out: http://www.ufv.ca/Assets/International+Ed/Application_Forms/Web_International_AppForm.pdf.pdf

2. $150 CDN application fees

3. Official Transcript (must be in English and certified if translated) is this compulsory

4. One passport - sized photograph

5. Test (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS) if applying for direct entry into programs other than English as Second Languages. is this compulsory

6. 100-200 word essay explaining why you want to apply for UFV.

add me or email me plz

blackismypride@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by 99dreamkid: 10:57am On Jun 04, 2010
Hi guys,
I just submitted my application for a student visa to the CDHC on the 2nd of June. I however used my passport which is valid till 2014 but is not the E-passport. Do you think their will be any problems with the processing if its not the E-passport? All my other materials are in order and thanks to the information on this thread, I made the application fool-proof. I just hope it works out for good. Good luck to everyone in the endeavours.
Re: Travelling To Canada by chatmate: 11:15am On Jun 04, 2010
im applyin for this canada college, please i need someone to help me and explain more better, these are the requirement

Application Form - please print it out: http://www.ufv.ca/Assets/International+Ed/Application_Forms/Web_International_AppForm.pdf.pdf

2. $150 CDN application fees

3. Official Transcript (must be in English and certified if translated) is this compulsory

4. One passport - sized photograph

5. Test (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS) if applying for direct entry into programs other than English as Second Languages. is this compulsory

6. 100-200 word essay explaining why you want to apply for UFV.

add me or email me plz

blackismypride@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by marcar(m): 12:33am On Jun 05, 2010
99dreamkid:

Hi guys,
I just submitted my application for a student visa to the CDHC on the 2nd of June. I however used my passport which is valid till 2014 but is not the E-passport. Do you think their will be any problems with the processing if its not the E-passport? All my other materials are in order and thanks to the information on this thread, I made the application fool-proof. I just hope it works out for good. Good luck to everyone in the endeavours.

You are Go to go !!!!!!!! Just prayerful in six weeks time you will hear good news from them
Re: Travelling To Canada by Olumike7: 11:48am On Jun 07, 2010
Hello Nairalanders, I am very new to this tread but have read contributions of pple like Delta007, Phemmy, and the likes. No doubt, I'm so much certain that pple on this tread have the right information about Travelling or migrating to Canada. I am 35 years of age and have presently gotten a school in ontario(George Brown College)where i can have my post graduate diploma. This is because i have an Hnd. What are my chances of getting a visa considering my age? I shall appreciate your response to this question.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tefund(m): 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2010
Me i would not travel out of naija forgreaner pasteurs ,iwillbe a multi and famous right herein naija.We only need to de

velop confidence in our abilities and powers,both as a nation and as an individual in order to excell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (189)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.