Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455153 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 11:29pm On Dec 02, 2010
pharmow:

Thanks for the prompt response Rare. i so much appreciate your kind gesture. i will try to contact them ASAP. in respect to the assistance you said u'll give in reviewing the mail before sending it,this is my email addy femcast@yahoo.com so that u can peep your email addy to me. once again thank you
I will mail you

pharmow:

iii)Am i not going to have issue with CDHC considering the fact that am presently 27 yrs
@pharmow, just to mention one thing about the age issue. The visa application usually has a questionnaire in which your study & work history are inquired. As far as you can account for every period, without gap years, you reduce the probability of having any problems with age. Moreover, if the MSc application is successful, your age would definitely be ideal.
Re: Travelling To Canada by pharmow: 12:31am On Dec 04, 2010
Thanx so much Rare, i got ur email, i will get in touch with you ASAP.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bobobabe: 7:55am On Dec 04, 2010
It's been quite a while here, @ rare, thanx for all ur responses. quite funny, we re in d same class.
Well, just to inform the nairalanders that are coming to University of Alberta in January shld plz indicate here so dat we can know any assistance to render and anything u may need to know along. cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 12:59pm On Dec 04, 2010
Boboade and rare,pls, wat are the things that the immigration officer with requst for at the point of entry?I will be coming down immediately after xmas.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bobobabe: 1:12pm On Dec 04, 2010
@ lanreade, just come with everything you used to apply at the CDHC. You will be asked to present travelling document i.e.passport, admission letter and may just want to know ur mission here. just be brave and calm when response to them. No cause for alarm at the port of entry, the worst is to issue 3months study permit instead of 2 years if they are not satisfied with ur response. that means u will reapply after the first semester for extension in study permit
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2010
@lanreade,
have u booked ur flight and how much is it ?, am l looking 4 a cheaper one so that i can save some money.
Re: Travelling To Canada by sosodat: 4:04pm On Dec 04, 2010
Hi all, I applied for Canadian study permit for Winter 2011 at CDHC Lagos, was sent to do medicals which I subsequently did and returned my passport on 27th October. Does it normally take this long? Any suggestions what might be holding it up? Also, any advice on what I can or not do will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 5:26pm On Dec 04, 2010
boboade,pls, wat were the questions they asked from you and how did u answer them?It is always good to prepare verywell.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 3:37am On Dec 05, 2010
seedgie:

@ i am a newbie intending to apply for masters in canada (petroleum engineering/ geoscience). i graduated with a 2.2 in geology in one of the fed. universities. please i need info on schools without tofeol as requirement for admission. I equally want to know if should apply for april or may batch. pls i need your response fast. thnks

@seedgie. There are alot of schools that would waive off TOEFL for you. But the bigger challenge is: have you seen a program where you fit the CGPA entry requirement ?. If you have, simply write them that your undergraduate study was in English in Nigeria. They might offer you a waiver or other means of satisfying the requirement. This is common.
Re: Travelling To Canada by bobobabe: 4:13am On Dec 05, 2010
lanreade:

boboade,pls, wat were the questions they asked from you and how did u answer them?It is always good to prepare verywell.

there is no particular question at such, just compose urself. you will only be ask to bring out ur travelling documents and ask for ur mission which is student . they will just issue you 2yrs study permit, lol
Re: Travelling To Canada by former: 6:59pm On Dec 06, 2010
@Everyone, Please I will need your candid help and advice on my case, I'll like to study in Canada, but i only have my O'level certificate, which college or Uni will accept me in Canada? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 5:48am On Dec 08, 2010
@all
the house is so cold, who again has gotten his/her VISA . Please share the Good news
Re: Travelling To Canada by MeNutty(f): 10:48am On Dec 08, 2010
hello house, please apart from MUN, which other school accepts 2.2 and waves off GMAT for their masters . i look forward to an immediate response. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by sosodat: 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2010
Hi all, I applied for Canadian study permit for Winter 2011 at CDHC Lagos, was sent to do medicals which I subsequently did and returned my passport on 27th October. Does it normally take this long? Any suggestions what might be holding it up? Also, any advice on what I can or not do will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 2:38am On Dec 09, 2010
@sosodat
try sending them mail, to find out the status of your application. They wil reply you
Re: Travelling To Canada by sosodat: 4:36am On Dec 09, 2010
Thanks harry. Sent them mail 2 days ago which they responded with an out of office acknowledged receipt. Maybe am being too anxious but a month plus from medicals isnt that prolonged? What is the average time from medicals to receive a response from them?
Re: Travelling To Canada by pharmow: 9:35am On Dec 09, 2010
former:

@Everyone, Please I will need your candid help and advice on my case, I'll like to study in Canada, but i only have my O'level certificate, which college or Uni will accept me in Canada? thanks

Former u're in right forum, i will urge u to go through all pages in this thread(though is gonna take time) cos u gonna gain a whole lot from doing so. To answer ur question, all the universities recognize the senior school cert as admission requirement to undergraduate courses. U can go to www.aucc.ca to start with. but what is ur age and which year did u finished ur O'level?
Re: Travelling To Canada by former: 10:56am On Dec 09, 2010
pharmow:

Former u're in right forum, i will urge u to go through all pages in this thread(though is gonna take time) cos u gonna gain a whole lot from doing so. To answer your question, all the universities recognize the senior school cert as admission requirement to undergraduate courses. U can go to www.aucc.ca to start with. but what is your age and which year did u finished your O'level?

@Pharmow, I am 23 years, I had my GCE O' level result in year 2003 and 2004 respectively. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2010
@sosodat
i dont understan what you mean by 'out of office'.
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2010
boboade,pls, wat was the worth of dollar u went with to canada,I mean the amount you went with?
Re: Travelling To Canada by sosodat: 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2010
I got an invitation for interview on the 14th. Please what kind of questions should I expect? Any info on the interview process or format will be highly appreciated. Thanks

@harry - "Out of Office Reply" is an automated email reply for mails entering after office hours, Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by sssob: 10:59pm On Dec 10, 2010
hi all pls i need information on how to gain admission into a canadian university for masters ---- environmental management, i currently work and would be available for september 2011, i would really appreciate useful information and directions, tanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by nklove1: 9:46am On Dec 13, 2010
Pls house, i have intention of travelling to canada to do PGD in Accounting or Business administration but i dont really have money for it. pls can someone link me up with a list of cheap collleges in canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada by amberthomas: 10:22am On Dec 13, 2010
Canada is a land of vast distances and rich natural beauty.Canada is the second largest country in the world. Enjoy the many winter sports and activities because Canada is known for, such as skiing, skating, and sledding.
Re: Travelling To Canada by seedgie(m): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2010
pls house i am a newbie intending to apply for masters in canada (petroleum engineering/ geoscience). i graduated with a 2.2(2.95) in geology in one of the fed. universities. please i need info on schools without toefl as requirement for admission. I equally want to know if should apply for april or may batch. pls i need your response fast. cos i realy dnt knw where to start. thnks
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 12:40pm On Dec 13, 2010
@ nk-love, seedgie

Its either u go through d entire thread. Or use google. I did alot of research and discovered that memorial university of newfoundland is about the cheapest in canada and they accept 2.2 in some of their programs.
Re: Travelling To Canada by nklove1: 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2010
nok3,
thanks so much, can i use a sponsor who is not related to me.
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2010
@ nk-love

Really dont know much about that cos i am an applicant like u. My husband and i will be sponsoring my study cos i work presently and i will be going for a masters program in memorial university of newfoundland. I graduated with a 2.2 in my first degree thats y i am stuck with memorial university. Though i stil applied to anoda school sha.
Re: Travelling To Canada by nklove1: 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2010
@gel03,
thanks so much, let us watch and pray for i believ i can do all things thru christ jesus who strengthens me.
Re: Travelling To Canada by charlie193: 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2010
I am very sorry not coming to this Thread for sometime now. Am so sorry for that. I have been busy trying to fix everything fixable before,

Well, with all the red signals in my application I GOT MY VISA SOME WEEKS BACK

1. My Sponsor is not my father

2. My sponsor not base in Nigeria

3. My eyes defect

4. Many that I will still write about letter

The only green signal in my application is GOD GOD GOD, It was God that have done it for me. I will teach you a song at the end of this post that you will join me to sing for the glory of God

N.B I will post detail letter about how I started applying for schools, why I chose Canada University instead of the America University that gave me, how I got a scholarship, how I applied for the Visa, and how I have successfully booked the flight to Canada. I will be leaving 30th December.

Please I will post all the details letter.

Now the song, I hope you know how to sing it

My God is a miracle God
Our God is a Miracle God

He has never change
He will never change
He will do what he says he will do

He has never change
He will never change
He will do what he promise to do

I can see him working for my favour
I can see him fighting in my battle
I can see him moving in my miracles

He will do what he promise to do

Now let sing, My God is a miracle,
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 7:08am On Dec 14, 2010
@ charles
congrat. Our God is a miracle God. I cant wait to feel the winter breez.
@ House, any other good news ?
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 7:52am On Dec 14, 2010
We just have to thank God for given us Visa to study in canada.Pls, guys let continue to serve him because he has just begun a new thing in our lives.Hope to see u guys dis weekend.Harry and Charles Congrats.

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.