Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Travelling To Canada - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada (455148 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (189) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2010
@harryman, congrats man.Thats wat the thread is all about.Hopefully i will be there with u come fall 2011.

@gel03, I also applied to MUN with a 2.2.Dont know the selection procedures however I hope to God.Is ur application to mun complete and when will decision be taken.
@ALL, Thumbs up.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 10:49am On Nov 26, 2010
@lanreada

i ve been following this trend, you have admission at uni of waterloo, well i got admission for winter session for masters in elect computer dept, i was given d admission in November, shee you deferred your admission please

1. how did you do that, did you send mail to graduate studies or the dept
2. how long did this your request stay till they replied you
3. did you send your final international transcript before you were deferred
4. was it gsoffice@uwaterloo.ca you send your request or gradapp@uwaterloo.ca you sent your request
5. is there anything i need to know about the deferring because i ve mailed those guys and no response
6. how long did it talke before your admission letter was sent to you and do i have to remind them every day,

i need to defer my admission till fall

please you can get in touch with me on soulzangel@yahoo.com

Thank you and please everyone is allowed to give advice
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 6:42pm On Nov 26, 2010
u will write the dept first and now copy graduate school that u want to defer your admission till fall nextyear.It will take them a month before a decision is made wether to approve ur deferral letter.State the reasons while u are deferring ur admission
Re: Travelling To Canada by gel03: 6:59pm On Nov 26, 2010
@ obietrix

Yes i have submitted an online application to mun and i checked my application status online recently. They are waiting for my documents for review. As soon as i collect my transcript, i will forward all my documents to the school. I really dont know how long it will take them for processing but i remember i asked them on their live chat and they said after d application deadline, they will start processing all submitted application. I actually applied for masters of Employment Relations. What about u?
Re: Travelling To Canada by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 26, 2010
I received my package from the embassy stating that my account statement is counterfeit, on that basis i am hereby denied and barred from entering Canada for two years unless if can get a letter from my bank stating the reasons for this and i have asked/done my medical. Pls i want to know my chance of getting the visa if my bank send them the requested letter.
Pls i need ur advice , urgently
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 8:31pm On Nov 26, 2010
mctolspell:

I received my package from the embassy stating that my account statement is counterfeit, on that basis i am hereby denied and barred from entering Canada for two years unless if can get a letter from my bank stating the reasons for this and i have asked/done my medical. Pls i want to know my chance of getting the visa if my bank send them the requested letter.
Pls i need your advice , urgently

@Mctolspell, no one here can answer that question because only you know the truth.
If you're confident in the authenticity of your documentation, then provide the letter as requested, and the decision can be reversed.
You have been given the option to defend yourself, exploit it if you're confident
If you were just testing waters, and not eager to come to Canada; now is a good time to give up !!
Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 9:52pm On Nov 26, 2010
@ mctolspell

I received  my package from the embassy stating that my account statement is counterfeit, on that basis i am hereby denied and barred from entering Canada for two years unless if can get a letter from my bank stating the reasons for this and i have asked/done my medical. Pls i want to know my chance of getting the visa if my bank send them the requested letter.
Pls i need your advice ,  urgently

This is really not a good way to start a relationship with the Canadian High Commission (CHC). It has gone down in their records that you've applied with deception, and you've misrepresented yourself. Regardless of the duration of your ban, it would be pretty hard to obtain a permit from the CHC, because you've been blacklisted; unless of course you're able to prove now that the statement is genuine. Just out of curiosity, you said you were giving a condition to get a letter of proof from the bank, even after a refusal and ban, that is rather strange. Are they willing to overturn the decision upon the receipt of a satisfactory proof from the bank? this is what you should understand before making any further action.

Just a little enlightenment here, refusal for fake documentations is a very sensitive one. In other words, the visa officer has indirectly called you a "counterfeiter" which to an extent is derogatory. I am very sure you would not have been refused for lack of credible documentation without proper verification, or you been given an opportunity to explain yourself by way of an interview. So pal, you know your own story, and we are all "NIGERIANS". So give us the really picture here so we can know how to advice properly.

All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 6:38am On Nov 27, 2010
@mctolspell
did u actually use a fake bank statement?, this is not good news
@Biometrix
have you booked ur flight, and what is the fair price
Re: Travelling To Canada by filmtrick1: 11:20am On Nov 27, 2010
Hi all,

Im in a fix. i got a reply from the embassy 2days ago, and the reason for refusal was that, i have not satisfied that i would leave canada at the end of my study period, and i haven't satisfied that im a bonafide student (marks in waec, Cgpa from university). therefore apllication is refused and closed. How did they expect me to get admission if the school didn't approve my marks.
Is it possible to appeal this, or i have to send a fresh application? How do i convince them.

pls urgent assistance needed.

thanks,
Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 12:18pm On Nov 27, 2010
@ filmtrick1

"I hope say you never use filmtrick for them (lol)". Don't mind me, just trying to do a little humour. Anyways, I sincerely empathize with you on your refusal. Like I've always said, the reason for your refusal is a subjective one, there is no rule of thumb as to how to prove your intention to return, the visa officer would look at your overall circumstances (family, financials, academic grades, employment. future prospect, proposed study e.tc.). Regarding proving your bonafides, I think it has to do with your previous grades, previous qualifications, and your proposed course of study in Canada. The visa officer in my opinion could not give a reasonable conclusion as to why you intend to study in Canada.

The good news is, there is a form of appeal procedure known as judicial review, although the visa officers are not under any legal obligations to inform you about judicial reviews. The not too good news is that judicial reviews cost money and takes a lot of time, plus you have to be sure your case is strong before applying for one. In addition, even if the judicial review is allowed, the visa officer would not overturn the decision, your file would be passed to another officer for review, and could be refused again if your circumstances remain the same. Please find a link on judicial review below.

http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-eliisa/search?language=EN&courtScope=fc&courtScope=fca&all=study+permit&title=&citation=

Just for the records, the information/advice given by me was intuitive and generic. If you want more specific responses, I think you should make your case more elaborate by providing us with more information, so that veterans on this thread can advice you accordingly.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by marcar(m): 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2010
@ filmtrick if i may ask are you going for your master/ undergraduate? Its your respond that i will use in given my advice
Re: Travelling To Canada by filmtrick1: 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2010
@tosinosho and marcar. thanx for the response.

I applied for ACCA to start jan 2011, i have a Bsc Economics with a second class lower 2.9/5.00, Enrolling for ACCA doesn't even require you have degree at that. so i wonder why they are skeptical about WAEc and Cgpa. In my application i included a letter from a proposed employer/mentor, saying on my return he would employ me in his auditing firm in Lagos and personal business i have to come back too, i had just gotten my reciept of tuition deposit paid to the school, a day before i got the refusal letter.

please what do you think i should do at this point.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 3:05pm On Nov 27, 2010
@ filmtrick1

Whao!! that explains it all. I'm guessing you applied to a college for the ACCA. Lets reason it out, you studied economics and no work experience or motivation to pursue a degree in accounting. Also, ACCA is a professional course, and could be done in Nigeria, so why go all the way to Canada to spend a lot of money to study for a qualification you can get right here in Nigeria. If you are that passionate about an accounting qualification, you should have enrolled for the Canadian version of ACCA (General Certified Account GCA), and link your economics degree with the qualification. With that, you'll have a good reason for going to Canada. The deed as been done, and would advice you do your home work before sending in another application.

If you don't mind, what work experience do you have?

All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada by marcar(m): 9:24am On Nov 28, 2010
@ filmtrick i believe tosinosho1992 have said it all
Re: Travelling To Canada by obietrix: 11:02am On Nov 29, 2010
@ All, it seems universities in the east wont stop this strike until after the elections.How do i get my transcript then? do i take copies of transcript sent to the university during application for visa.

@fimtrick1, did you enclose copies of ur waec, neco and official transcript.

@gel03, try sending ur transcript with notarized copies of ur documents also enclose a CV.I applied for masters in oil and gas engineering.
Re: Travelling To Canada by guddylover(m): 11:31am On Nov 29, 2010
Hi.pls am a fresh secondary school graduate and I want to study in Canada.my dad Is going to sponsor me.pls did u use any agent I heard maple is so good.pls can u guide me through the procedures.
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 11:56am On Nov 29, 2010
@guddylover.
thats a nice start, you will make it.Mapel is good and expensive. But if u have the time, u can do it alone. Its all about puting the right supporting document and convincing the consulate.
Re: Travelling To Canada by harrymann(m): 11:58am On Nov 29, 2010
@guddylover.
If u still need a 'personal' assistance, feel free to mail me . engineer _ harry@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2010
@lanreade

please can you paste the email addresses you used while deferring your admission thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada by lanreade(m): 6:09am On Nov 30, 2010
Cindel
send ur mobile number or email address.This will enable me to tell ow I did my own.
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 10:34am On Nov 30, 2010
@lanreade

soulzangel@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada by cindel07: 10:49am On Nov 30, 2010
@obietrix

which school is that if it is anambra state university uli, i can be of help collecting your transcript, i just did mine last week even with the strike, there is always a way out.people are collecting transcript even with strike shine your eyes.
Re: Travelling To Canada by filmtrick1: 12:39pm On Nov 30, 2010
@obietrix, 

i enclose everything o. but i didnt just enclose waec scratch cards and official letter of introduction from one of my former lecturer  in previous uni.

@ tosinosho

i see your point but people enrol in profession courses anywhere.  people go to india for ordinary CCNA, oracle and other IT courses,
others go to Uk for ACCA, which is times 6 the actual price here. Going to uk is even more expensive than canada for an ACCA.
they did not complain on the financial capability because i included 3 bank statements. my sponsor, my mum's and mine. land documents and others.

i think they didn't just have a concrete reason.
Re: Travelling To Canada by travelspon: 9:27am On Dec 01, 2010
If you want to travel to Canada to study or work, contact me for details. We sponsor people to get their Resident Permits. This makes it easier for Nigerians planning to study since you'll pay domestic fees as a Permanent Resident.

Please contact me on travel_onsponsor@yahoo.com for more details.
Re: Travelling To Canada by tosinosho1992: 11:36am On Dec 01, 2010
@travelspon

Common "travelspon" step up your game. I presume you know Nigerians are smart people. If you want to appear real, at least pay for a domain and get a website, and stop giving people a yahoo e-mail address (travel_onsponsor@yahoo.com). That of course is if you are genuine.
Re: Travelling To Canada by pharmow: 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2010
Hey everyone,
I have read this thread from the 1st page to the last (though it took me 7 days to finish), i must comment that this thread has highlighted virtually all points needed to acquire student visa from CDHC, i so much appreciated the contributions of the veterans like delta007,hotstepper,debosky,mevisbleek,wonderbod etc and the recent contribution of charlie,rare,tosinosho,obietrix,harryman etc. Guys we should try to keep this thread alive cos it has helped many and we should not let the spirit die.

@all
please i want to ask some questions concerning my student permit application to canada for fall 2011, i have an HND from yabatech with upper credit, am currently working in a leading food manufacturing  company having completed my NYSC in 2009. The big questions are that i)is it possible for me to do undergraduate course by transfering credits from my post-secondary institution.if yes, is it possible to do course entirely different from the one i did for my HND   ii)which level am i likely to start with  iii)Am i not going to have issue with CDHC considering the fact that am presently 27 yrs iv) is there any institution offering BSc in Occupational health and safety in canada, i have searched the net but cant find any v)what are the minimum wages of the provinces in canada.
Your responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 5:31am On Dec 02, 2010
pharmow:

iv) is there any institution offering BSc in Occupational health and safety in canada, i have searched the net but cant find any v)what are the minimum wages of the provinces in canada.
Your responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

McGill University, Master of Science (Applied) in Occupational Health Sciences: http://www.mcgill.ca/occh/programs/msc/
With a HND, rather than aspire to a Bachelor's degree, I believe you can negotiate admission requirements for a master's degree, and take some extra terms of undergraduate courses.

Minimum wages, by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC): http://srv116.services.gc.ca/dimt-wid/sm-mw/rpt1.aspx?lang=eng

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada by pharmow: 10:00am On Dec 02, 2010
@ Rare,
Thank you so so much for the response, when i went to the Mcgill link, the requirement for the program are that Candidates should have completed, with high academic standing (CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0), a bachelor's degree or its equivalent, in a discipline relevant to occupational health, such as: chemistry, engineering, environmental sciences, physics, medicine, nursing or other health science.
About the CGPA i had 3.18/4.0 and by a bachelor's degree or its equivalent can they give consideration to HND. my discipline is microbiology,i think that is relevant. moreso, you said something about taking some extra terms of undergraduate courses instead of starting afresh please what do you mean by this, can you please emphasize on how to go about it. thanks, anticipating your response

concerning the minimum wages of the provinces, i never knew that ontario has the highest, thanks for the link.
Re: Travelling To Canada by Rare(m): 10:45am On Dec 02, 2010
pharmow:

@ Rare,
Thank you so so much for the response, when i went to the Mcgill link, the requirement for the program are that Candidates should have completed, with high academic standing (CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0), a bachelor's degree or its equivalent, in a discipline relevant to occupational health, such as: chemistry, engineering, environmental sciences, physics, medicine, nursing or other health science.
About the CGPA i had 3.18/4.0 and by a bachelor's degree or its equivalent can they give consideration to HND. my discipline is microbiology,i think that is relevant. moreso, you said something about taking some extra terms of undergraduate courses instead of starting afresh please what do you mean by this, can you please emphasize on how to go about it. thanks, anticipating your response

Here is a web page containing contact detail for the Occupational Science program http://www.mcgill.ca/index/?Unit=239 (email: graduate.occh@mcgill.ca).
Contact them with a detailed description of your scenario, explaining how an HND ranks with respect to a Bachelor's in Nigeria. From their experience of admissions, they should be able to know how to rank equivalence. Worse case scenario, you get conditional admission requiring you to take some undergraduate courses to fulfill your entry shortfalls. I know people who have done that. But ultimately you graduate with a master's degree, which is my emphasis.
I can assist you to review the mail you send to the school, for appropriateness. You should be prepared to call them to discuss this, if it warrants it.
Re: Travelling To Canada by seedgie(m): 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2010
@ i am a newbie intending to apply for masters in canada (petroleum engineering/ geoscience). i graduated with a 2.2 in geology in one of the fed. universities. please i need info on schools without tofeol as requirement for admission. I equally want to know if should apply for april or may batch. pls i need ur response fast. thnks
Re: Travelling To Canada by pharmow: 11:18pm On Dec 02, 2010
Rare:

Here is a web page containing contact detail for the Occupational Science program http://www.mcgill.ca/index/?Unit=239 (email: graduate.occh@mcgill.ca).
Contact them with a detailed description of your scenario, explaining how an HND ranks with respect to a Bachelor's in Nigeria. From their experience of admissions, they should be able to know how to rank equivalence. Worse case scenario, you get conditional admission requiring you to take some undergraduate courses to fulfill your entry shortfalls. I know people who have done that. But ultimately you graduate with a master's degree, which is my emphasis.
I can assist you to review the mail you send to the school, for appropriateness. You should be prepared to call them to discuss this, if it warrants it.

Thanks for the prompt response Rare. i so much appreciate your kind gesture. i will try to contact them ASAP. in respect to the assistance you said u'll give in reviewing the mail before sending it,this is my email addy femcast@yahoo.com so that u can peep ur email addy to me. once again thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (189)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.