Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. (22731 Views)

How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? / Inesqor On The Salvation Of The Non-christian / For The Salvation Of Your Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by scarred: 4:16pm On Feb 12, 2013
Dont be a smart azz.

What is this larger question? [/quote]

I was not trying to be, but thank you for starting our conversation with a pejorative...the bigger question is Africa
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 12, 2013
scarred: Dont be a smart azz.

What is this larger question?

I was not trying to be, but thank you for starting our conversation with a pejorative...the bigger question is Africa

If he bigger question is about Africa, did you not notice that many posters here actually talked about Africas problems?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by scarred: 4:54pm On Feb 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

If he bigger question is about Africa, did you not notice that many posters here actually talked about Africas problems?

But I did, which is why I asked that we focus on that instead, the other question serves as a distraction and in no way fosters meaningful discourse. I started by saying we should agree to disagree on this issue, because comments that focus on the larger question actually move the conversation. Which is what you want as well...or am I wrong in this?

1 Like

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2013
scarred:

But I did, which is why I asked that we focus on that instead, the other question serves as a distraction and in no way fosters meaningful discourse. I started by saying we should agree to disagree on this issue, because comments that focus on the larger question actually move the conversation. Which is what you want as well...or am I wrong in this?

You are right angry

smiley
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by chukkynwob(m): 7:23pm On Feb 12, 2013
wirinet:

I am not bothered by what you FOOLISHLY and BLINDLY wish to believe, what bothers me is the false representation of science and the mis interpretation of the meaning of hypothesis, theory and laws as you have done here.

I am appalled that a so-called qualified electrical engineer cannot differentiate between an hypothesis, theory and law in science and equate a well established theory to an hypothesis. Anyway i should not be surprised, nigerian universities are known for producing world renown pastors than world renown scientists.

In science there is nothing like absolute truth or absolute proofs, what you have is explanations that best describes AVAILABLE DATA and observation, an hypothesis is propounded to best explain the observation, the hypothesis is then tested again and again by other experts in the field and if it satisfied the peer review mechanism it is accepted as theory, it can be further described as a law if the theory can be explained in very simple terms or mathematical models. (gosh! We learnt this in form 3 basic science)
In science there is often very little difference between a law and a theory. And because a theory is described as a law does not mean it cannot be discarded once it fails to predict observed data. A vary good example are newton's laws which is discarded under relativistic conditions.

Furthermore, because we still call the germ theory, a theory does not make it false or suspect and so resort back to spirits as being the cause of leprosy.

The theory of evolution is a well established and accepted theory of science. It has stood for over 150 years, it is been confirmed by other fields of science like molecular biology, genetics, paleontology and other related fields. If you have an alternative theory or links to an alternative theory on the origin and diversity of species on earth, then lets have it.

The beginning of life, which is how inorganic elements and compounds formed the first organic compound is not included in the theory of evolution, it is a different field called abiogenesis, and there are a few hypothesis out there with the predominant one being the "the organic soup" hypothesis.

So i view it as harakiri for a "scientist" to say that because something is described as a scientific theory and not a law makes it inconclusive and unacceptable.

Nice try!!!! personal attacks follow the thread .
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 3:30am On Feb 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

Phil Zuckerman, an Associate Professor of Sociology at Pitzer College estimates atheism rates in Norway as ranging from 31 to 72%, based on various studies.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Norway

My dear... you did stats in school right? the standard deviation for that range is so large as to make nonsense of those studies.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 3:35am On Feb 13, 2013
wirinet:

I am not bothered by what you FOOLISHLY and BLINDLY wish to believe, what bothers me is the false representation of science and the mis interpretation of the meaning of hypothesis, theory and laws as you have done here.

what should bother you is the clearly laughable babble that your fellow atheists here seem to have reduced science to.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by wirinet(m): 10:21am On Feb 13, 2013
davidylan:

what should bother you is the clearly laughable babble that your fellow atheists here seem to have reduced science to.

yes it bothers me sometimes that lots of atheists have no idea of scientific principles they are trying to argue, but what bothers me most is the confusing babble(babel) by your Christian brothers of not only science but also of Christianity itself. Most have no idea what the gospel of Christ is, and treat Christianity as an alternative to the local deities (a means of achieving selfish aims through rituals, sacrifices and devotion)

1 Like

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by poopli: 1:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
ooman, I think you are just great but you must not forget that no man knows it all. no matter what we believe, we must also give room for skepticism.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 16, 2013
wirinet:

yes it bothers me sometimes that lots of atheists have no idea of scientific principles they are trying to argue, but what bothers me most is the confusing babble(babel) by your Christian brothers of not only science but also of Christianity itself. Most have no idea what the gospel of Christ is, and treat Christianity as an alternative to the local deities (a means of achieving selfish aims through rituals, sacrifices and devotion)

you have your priorities twisted into a pretzel. what should bother you MOST is the fact that:
1. your atheist brothers cannot support their idiocy with science (they really dont understand it but use it anyway as a figleaf). Its odd that you are bothered about christians having an idea of what the gospel of Christ is when you yourself have no idea either.

2. So what if christians choose to treat christianity as an alternative to local deities? Why does that bother you? Are they worshiping the deities on your head? Quite silly.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by MrKinkey: 10:12am On Feb 16, 2013
[/color]
davidylan:

you have your priorities twisted into a pretzel. what should bother you MOST is the fact that:
1. your atheist brothers cannot support their idiocy with science (they really dont understand it but use it anyway as a figleaf). Its odd that you are bothered about christians having an idea of what the gospel of Christ is when you yourself have no idea either.

2. So what if christians choose to treat christianity as an alternative to local deities? Why does that bother you? Are they worshiping the deities on your head? Quite silly.
wink[color=#990000]

You keep trying to emphasize the right-to-choice of your religious ignoramuses yet you are trampling on Winiret's right to order his priorities as he sees fit, how typically hypocritical!

As to an atheist not understanding scientific principles- well, this i can say for them: they do understand religion enough to see it for what it is- a useless, blind, deaf, lame, retarded guide to ultimate doom. If a religious person does not understand his/her religious principles, then they are indeed hopeless as they, not seeing the light of enlightenment, have chosen to be chained to the dark terrors of religion and within such a night have fallen into a bottomless ditch of total stupidity and ignorance.

And just so you know, understanding science is NOT the prerequisite to being an atheist, it is rejecting religions fraud that makes you one. Religion is in fact the fig leaf to insufficiently try to cover the innate deficiencies and irrationality people habour.

No really humane person will not be bothered when Black christians and muslims choose the bludgeon of christianity/islam to continue oppressing other black people after the owners of that brutal tool had used it to club them into mental-political submission. Our local deities are at least our own thing, which we can mould as we like, apply to what we want and is in many ways superior to the imported abominations called Christianity and Islam.

That quip about "are they worshipping the deity on your head" is the necessary resort/retort borne from an abandonment of reason, logic and common sense. It is the real silliness, not what you ascribe to wirinet. If its only what is on our head we should be concerned with (a thought not surprising considering the thought process of your God), then the human race would not be as developed as it is now. Try something more witty or intelligent next time.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by eprynce(m): 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2013
I should like to know from those atheists out there, on what foundation was the US built? Was it on God or atheism? You should find out what made the US the sole superpower on earth (one like the world has never seen before) and why her fortune is seemingly dwindling these days.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2013
e_prynce: I should like to know from those atheists out there, on what foundation was the US built? Was it on God or atheism? You should find out what made the US the sole superpower on earth (one like the world has never seen before) and why her fortune is seemingly dwindling these days.

You ignorance is quite exquisite!

Short recap on American history

-Columbus came with other europeans
-Murdered and drove the native indians from their lands
-After some years, enslaved blacks

Christian values indeed.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 8:09am On Mar 07, 2013
e_prynce: I should like to know from those atheists out there, on what foundation was the US built? Was it on God or atheism? You should find out what made the US the sole superpower on earth (one like the world has never seen before) and why her fortune is seemingly dwindling these days.

America was built on Deism and by Deists.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
chukkynwob:

if we "broke off" from them, we should still be able to breed.

evidence?

the zebra can breed with the horse.
the lion can breed with the tiger
wolf can breed with the dog
pigs can breed with a hog
the camel can breed with the llama
the grizzly with the polar bear
a leopard and a lion
a bottlenose dolphin and a false killer whale
a tiger and a lion/tiger mix
cow and buffalo
goat and sheep

the list goes on and on and on. but the questions remain, if we are this similar with apes, why can we not breed with them?

all those you listed can only produce sterile offspring because of incomplete pairing of xmosomes.

engineering human and other apes germ cell is strictly prohibited, this is why it hasn't been done.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Adwexky(m): 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mind your words. and attempt to know the difference between man and God, so you will address him more logically.
ooman:

I dont want to see God, he can hide in h.ell forever, i dont care.

Concerning revealing himself to the church. The church is a gathering of people with great delusions
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by LostOnes: 7:11am On Feb 09, 2017
ebeano:
if u believe in good and evil then believe in God and satan. there's the physical likewise the spiritual.

if u believe in non of these, ur course has no destination and u live like the feather.

lostones. have u wondered why the bible is the longest living book?
I heard my name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Celebrates His 53rd Birthday Today / Stones Of Fire: Courtesy Of Dr. Daniel K. Olukoya / Oblate Eusebius Burial Photos. Founder Of Block Rosary Crusade Nigeria Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.