Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. (22727 Views)

How Long Does The Salvation Of The Soul Take? / Inesqor On The Salvation Of The Non-christian / For The Salvation Of Your Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by onetrack(m): 6:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
musKeeto:
That's not the bone of contention here.

In a given situation, why would a soldier throw himself on a grenade to give his fellow soldiers a chance?

Why do we consider that noble or heroic and view that of suicide bombers as stupid. Is it because we 'sense' they are evil?

We're going a bit off topic at this point, but I hope this brings to light a few posts I hope to make onwards...

Probably because the soldier was saving lives while the bomber was attempting to end lives, in an immediate sense. However if the suicide bomber's actions result in some other lives in the future being saved then?? However, in a strictly individual sense, both seem illogical to me.

And being off topic is fine sometimes; sometimes it opens up other lines of thought
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
musKeeto:
That's not the bone of contention here.

In a given situation, why would a soldier throw himself on a grenade to give his fellow soldiers a chance?

Why do we consider that noble or heroic and view that of suicide bombers as stupid. Is it because we 'sense' they are evil?

We're going a bit off topic at this point, but I hope this brings to light a few posts I hope to make onwards...

Suicide bombers? You have to understand that the motive matters. The Japanese were badazz because their pilots were kamikaze. They were ready to crash their planes to kill enemies. They were heroes.

Understand the logic if they lose the war, they lose their homeland. losing some pilots (the pilots choice) to save millions is a logical trade off in war.

Now, if it were killing infidels for the glory of Allah, there is no logic in that. Killing unarmed civilians.

Why is it wrong to save a life? If your child is caught ina fire, would you not save him at your detriment? Why shouldnt people who have bonds and a death warrant do the same?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2013
ooman: One of the reason i became an atheist is why a continent like africa, that "puts God first in everything" is the poorest and why a whole race, who is the most religious is also the most unsuccessful, that race is obvious: the black race!

I thought to myself that if God exists, and if he really decided not to help african communities but watch children die of hunger everyday in their numbers, then i can't also trust that i have a secured paradise waiting for me after death. God might also "decide it is not his affairs to interfere with".

If God can't help or at least reward African communities now despite how much they love, worship and expect from him, i dont need or want his help in the "afterlife", not that i believe in an "afterlife".

There is nothing more i'd love to see than the success of my land, even if that means loss of my soul.

You might be wondering how becoming an atheist will be of any help to my land, it will be because only when you are an atheist could you be really free to think about all the possibilities about a particular matter.
Atheism frees the mind, it is the perfect way of life, the only right path that leads to life. I dont mean an afterlife i mean a fulfilled life.

You want me to believe in God, start by showing me the reward of God worship as it is evident in african communities. When i am satisfied, you would have earned a referal commission on me by bringing me to God, except you cant because obviously, the more you worship God, the less successful you get

If you are concerned about Africa stop whining and come back home!
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 7:40pm On Feb 08, 2013
striktlymi:

If you are concerned about Africa stop whining and come back home!

stop talking as if you know me. you dont know where i am presently. and yes am home presently enjoying the season with my family.

the poverty I see always baffles me, it makes me think that if the devil is evil, then he exists, if god is good tthen he doesn t exist.

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by wiegraf: 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2013
onetrack:

That might be the only circumstance in which preservation your children (your DNA) would be a logical reason to do something which you know will result in your death. Every other reason is either emotional or illogical, in my opinion.

You assume self preservation is the only goal one could have, it isn't. Once it's not, the other options become logical.

I've some long post about how some people are wired to take one for the cause biologically, I'll link it later (though it should be stuff you already know). And emotions DO determine our actions, most of the time your purpose is determined by emotions, even if it doesn't seem that way. Another post with that explained as well, I'll link later if need be.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Bella3(f): 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
kmcutez: @op, apart from religion, there are also other factors holding us back as a race.

Religion makes us lazy, and the prosperity preachers are not helping matters. We are all being bombarded with prosperity messages, believing that once we have paid our tithes and our offerings, miracles upon miracles will befall us, so everyone is waiting for that miracle with no incentive to work hard to achieve success.

Or need we talk about the mindset that God will fight our battles, all we need do is pray. If we want to move forward as a race, please let us learn to fight our battles and leave God out of it.

I honestly believe there is a high conspiracy plan between all this big preachers like Oyedepo, Adeboye, Oyakhilome and co and our leaders, to keep us in ignorance so that they can keep f.ucking us every which way they can. Sorry for the vulgarity.

Also the colonial masters were all about taking our resources and not building us up as a race, and that attitude has transferred itself into a lot of mindsets. Notice how african leaders steal our resources with impunity with nothing to show for.

We as a race are the least united. We have too many tribal conflicts, religious conflicts etc. You need not go far to test that theory. Nairaland should suffice as an example. Posters like Eko ile and co are the ones keeping us from moving forward as a race.
While we are busy fighting amongst ourselves, our leaders are busy stealing our resources.

I will post more reasons later, too lazy to think and type right now.
Someone needs schooling!
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Bella3(f): 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
ooman: We are supposed to discuss how to eradicate religion for the betterment of our land, pls dont forget that
Do you think with the eradiction of religion will make nigeria better?
Will it make yorubas and igbos stop being at logger heads?
Will it make fulanis and igbos love each other?
Will it stop southerners from feeling superior over northerners?
Will it make igbos stop f4cking up?
Will it stop the aguleri umuleri(both of anambra state) clash?
Will it make other Nigerians realise Nigeria doesnt have 3 tribes?
Will it unite NIGERIA? Etc
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by onetrack(m): 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
wiegraf:

You assume self preservation is the only goal one could have, it isn't. Once it's not, the other options become logical.

I've some long post about how some people are wired to take one for the cause biologically, I'll link it later (though it should be stuff you already know). And emotions DO determine our actions, most of the time your purpose is determined by emotions, even if it doesn't seem that way. Another post with that explained as well, I'll link later if need be.

I'm pretty familiar with the arguments but I just don't agree with them. I do agree that much of what we do is driven by emotion, more than we could imagine (high road/low road brain systems, etc).
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 08, 2013
ooman:

stop talking as if you know me. you dont know where i am presently. and yes am home presently enjoying the season with my family.

the poverty I see always baffles me, it makes me think that if the devil is evil, then he exists, if god is good tthen he doesn t exist.

grin
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by wiegraf: 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2013
onetrack:

I'm pretty familiar with the arguments but I just don't agree with them. I do agree that much of what we do is driven by emotion, more than we could imagine (high road/low road brain systems, etc).

Yeah, they should be fairly obvious or common. Evolutionary biology, for instance, has walked down that path.

Bottom line, to my argument of course, is self-preservation is not the only viable objective. The objectives are what determine how logical an action is. And I think our objectives are determined by emotions, regardless of how it looks on the surface. It could seem to one that a strict 'survival of the fittest' is what determines our actions but in practice, that really isn't so.

It's (mostly) emotions, emotions, emotions. And you know how rational those are?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2013
That is a very silly thing to do, bro... I used to care about Africa/Africans and I was so passionate about the continent and its people that I almost suffered depression due to the state of the continent... However, right now, I could care less if Africa is nuked right now, or tomorrow morning... Heaven only helps those who help themselves - and if Africa/Africans are happy with the way they're, why should I care Africa is messed up beyond redemption - it's a jungle!!!

Bro, it's better you focus on yourself and save yourself - muthaphuck Africa!! grin
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by enigmagu1(m): 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
The bible said in psalm 14 vs 1 . The fool have said in his heart there is no God...

l dont ani atheist
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by enigmagu1(m): 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2013
The bible said in psalm 14 vs 1 . The fool have said in his heart there is no God...

l dont blame ani atheist
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 08, 2013
ooman: the more you worship God, the less successful you get

Well I totly disagreed with this your theor.Look beyond Africa and take a cue from the Arabs.they worship Allah and pray in their own way and they are very wealthy and successful.

Everybody now runs to Dubai for business but the owners of dubai are muslims who worship God.I don't understand your principle of relating poverty with serving God.

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Bella3(f): 10:29pm On Feb 08, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Well I totly disagreed with this your theor.Look beyond Africa and take a cue from the Arabs.they worship Allah and pray in their own way and they are very wealthy and successful.

Everybody now runs to Dubai for business but the owners of dubai are muslims who worship God.I don't understand your principle of relating poverty with serving God.
I disagree. They have oil thats all.
Even the UAE is quite secular compared to others(which is one of the reasons for its succes).
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by dohiswill: 10:31pm On Feb 08, 2013
Whether you believe God or not that wount change the fact God is the Almighty, believeing only make you to be on the saver side. Millions of pple like you have existed b4 now with all their blasphemy God still remain God forever no devil can change Him! His Name is Everlasting!
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by joshuaidibia(m): 10:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
@OP. Wetn b ur CGP?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 08, 2013
First and foremost, Black is not a race. We have one race that is human race. Then the problem with we Africans is very obvious, we fail to take actions and challenge things which are hindering our development and progress. There is this mentality of defeat in good numbers of Africans that forces them to resort to religion, putting all human actions on the care of deities which don't exist. It is very appalling to say the least when confronting many educated Africans(when I mean Africans I mean black people)still acting on this factor that limit their ability to invent,create and design the way the future of the next generation should go.

Indeed, I am infuriated by the amount of Africans who would see you as a stranger when explaining these factors or things which are hindering Africa to them to be their own problems. Some would even go to the length to label you as non-African when you talk about development from the white man's perspective, forgetting that white is not a race but a culture that encompasses the very civilization which we find ourselves and can not be ignored if our impact must be seen along the line of contributing to the development of humanity in the world we live.

Nevertheless, there is hope if the new generation shun this primitive idea our forefathers, that had been passing along the line till it gets to us and on to the next one. This very idea is the uplifting of what transpired of the very backwardness we found ourselves in our society, to enslave. A society people are afraid to challenge the corrupt and oppressing leaders. Leaders who only know one thing, to embezzle and subject the people to suffering - as we have seen in history gave rise to enslaving of Africans.

The solution must come in the forms of embracing modernity, accept western education(academically and good parts of the culture), create wealth by investing in technologies,economy and further believe in transparency and the rules of law. The black man society is so disorganized that one keeps wondering how it comes to be so.

If we do as aforesaid then we will begin to move to the right directions. There is nobody hating on black than the inability of blacks to challenge themselves to create, invent and organize things. Really, these have given rise to the opportunity for those who find them as weaknesses to abuse the black people. Not until we can see along those lines nothing is going to change any time soon. Can you imaging how black people reproduce massively without proper care? It is annoying to see how we are not ready for the future challenges now,forgetting that future is NOW!

1 Like

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by sirhot(m): 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2013
After reading the post, I have just sentence to make ' we do not have inspiring leaders in Africa but dictatorial rulers'. In USA, one of their presidents, I do not know who exactly said we are going to put a man on the moon, and they did.

In Nigeria, have we ever supported each other, loved each other, love our society? The answer is no, if you see someone going astray do you caution the person. One day, I was mad at someone who dumped refuse into the gutter, and I know people really wondered what my business was. I have always wanted to have an audience with the political leaders because they have the power to change things but they just won't, they prefer to take the money to Europe and America, what stops them from building a classical hospital in Africa where African leaders can be treated with African doctors.

If we spend Africa's money in Africa, poverty will reduce.

2 Likes

Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Feb 08, 2013
Bélla3: I disagree. They have oil thats all.
Even the UAE is quite secular compared to others(which is one of the reasons for its succes).

So they have oil and so what ? Doesn't Nigeria,angola,libya and equitorial guinea have oil in Africa too ?

My friend,the problem with Africa is mismanagement,bad leadership and bad government, and corruption which make the East better than them.what has Africa got to show for the huge oil deposits in the continent ?
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by 2sizzlin(m): 11:00pm On Feb 08, 2013
Hahahahahahahahhah wewwww. Atheists we're out of time to beg u guys to worship your creator. Nobody is begging U!!!! Atheists are just lazy and irreponsible ingrates.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by toluleke(m): 11:03pm On Feb 08, 2013
May GOD have MERCY and GRACE on YOU.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Bella3(f): 11:04pm On Feb 08, 2013
~Bluetooth:

So they have oil and so what ? Doesn't Nigeria,angola,libya and equitorial guinea have oil in Africa too ?

My friend,the problem with Africa is mismanagement,bad leadership and bad government, and corruption which make the East better than them.what has Africa got to show for the huge oil deposits in the continent ?
I agree, but i still do not agree the east is successful. The have a very small population with too much money to handle. This is why one man practicaly owns some of these countries. There isnt any human rights, and women are still oppressed. Thats not sucess if you ask me.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 08, 2013
2sizzlin: Hahahahahahahahhah wewwww. Atheists we're out of time to beg u guys to worship your creator. Nobody is begging U!!!! Atheists are just lazy and irreponsible ingrates.
You are full of servitude inducing hormone!
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 08, 2013
Bélla3: I agree, but i still do not agree the east is successful. The have a very small population with too much money to handle. This is why one man practicaly owns some of these countries. There isnt any human rights, and women are still oppressed. Thats not sucess if you ask me.

If only Nigeria or Africa at large can be like the East,I'm sure the @OP won't have been worried about Africa.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Truckpusher(m): 11:08pm On Feb 08, 2013
When I think abt the level of poverty and inequality in Africa(the black race) compared to other race I simply call him WHITE JESUS grin grin grin
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by samdon12(m): 11:11pm On Feb 08, 2013
musKeeto:
And in Nigeria? It's treated like it is. Everyone else including the Muslims can go to hell.

As for the Muslims, the less said the better. It's a quite peaceful religion and bothers no one.
I wish it was *smh* but if wishes were horses... Peaceful indeed
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Bella3(f): 11:13pm On Feb 08, 2013
~Bluetooth:

If only Nigeria or Africa at large can be like the East,I'm sure the @OP won't have been worried about Africa.
I Dont blame you, you're a guy. To imagine that i wont be able to drive my own car and dnt have a say, might nt even be allowed to vote. Smh.

Oh wait, only poor thieves get amputated, the rich ones buy 'justice'.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 08, 2013
Bélla3: I agree, but i still do not agree the east is successful. The have a very small population with too much money to handle. This is why one man practicaly owns some of these countries. There isnt any human rights, and women are still oppressed. Thats not sucess if you ask me.
That is a fact. It is annoying the way Africans look up to the Middle-East. These are people who know what is called civilization before many European countries yet are backward in many regards.I don't see anything worth emulating from the Middle-eastern nations. Another thing, they(Middle-East people) are trying to embrace the modern(Western) man's way.

The African problems are Obvious, from organizability, inventions, accepting modernity,to creativity. It is not all about leaders alone but the attitude all rather the mentality toward advancement and other things.
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 11:18pm On Feb 08, 2013
Bélla3: Do you think with the eradiction of religion will make nigeria better?
Will it make yorubas and igbos stop being at logger heads?
Will it make fulanis and igbos love each other?
Will it stop southerners from feeling superior over northerners?
Will it make igbos stop f4cking up?
Will it stop the aguleri umuleri(both of anambra state) clash?
Will it make other Nigerians realise Nigeria doesnt have 3 tribes?
Will it unite NIGERIA? Etc

Eradication of religion might not do those but it will improve the mentality of the black man. This is the only thing i fight for. Your mentality controls you.

God controls the mentality of the black man, and what do we have poverty.

God is the easiest way to destruction
Re: I Am More Concerned About Africa Than The Salvation Of My Soul. by ooman(m): 11:19pm On Feb 08, 2013
shymexx: That is a very silly thing to do, bro... I used to care about Africa/Africans and I was so passionate about the continent and its people that I almost suffered depression due to the state of the continent... However, right now, I could care less if Africa is nuked right now, or tomorrow morning... Heaven only helps those who help themselves - and if Africa/Africans are happy with the way they're, why should I care Africa is messed up beyond redemption - it's a jungle!!!

Bro, it's better you focus on yourself and save yourself - muthaphuck Africa!! grin

I am sure religion controls your mind set. Should it be controlled by freedom as brought by atheism, you would know that survival is a battle to the last breadth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

10 Kinds Of Christians That Put A Smile On God's Face / T.B. Joshua Celebrates His 53rd Birthday Today / Stones Of Fire: Courtesy Of Dr. Daniel K. Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.