Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,256 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> (736255 Views)

Adventure Of The Rings / Nairaland Stories That Made My Year!(2013)! . . . . . / The Adventure Of Corper John (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (131) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:14am On Feb 16, 2013
Emperortj93: see dis m.u.mu o, must u quote al d post b4 u mak u sil.ly comment?!! Or re u a myopic retarded learner?
What's just about saying the same thing. Quoting everything just to write you are damn smart. I smh in grand style
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by laoluking(m): 9:21am On Feb 16, 2013
Gr8 story line..interesting..
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by dayleke: 9:29am On Feb 16, 2013
Mazi,this is a good twist and development..
I mean the collabo....but if the Chief updates more than you,people go switch sides o..

Pssst...whispering to Mazi..but we both know who the Chief is,right?
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by iykmora(m): 9:31am On Feb 16, 2013
charismah: u damn smart

*activates his MS* ......amaterasu.....
*claps_his_hands* ....no more rubbish!!!
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Stanley700(m): 9:59am On Feb 16, 2013
Nice one Mazi !Bringing chief into the picture is a way of taking writing to another level , that is given ur characters a voice , letting them express themselves,just like the Movie "Inkheart" staring Brenda Fraser .We the audience now see Chief aka Ugly from a different perspective compared to the way u painted him before u brought him to life . Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by MaziOmenuko: 10:06am On Feb 16, 2013
camp life 7: (click here to read)
link coming up shortly

1 Like

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by MaziOmenuko: 10:06am On Feb 16, 2013
Stanley700: Nice one Mazi !Bringing chief into the picture is a way of taking writing to another level , that is given ur characters a voice , letting them express themselves,just like the Movie "Inkheart" staring Brenda Fraser .We the audience now see Chief aka Ugly from a different perspective compared to the way u painted him before u brought him to life . Thumbs up

I love this analysis. You're making me sound like a genius by comparing me to the producers of inkheart.
Trust me, I'm not that good.
Thanks though.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Fishoy(f): 10:06am On Feb 16, 2013
Am short of words rite nw.....jst keep it gd work up

1 Like

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by ujchief(m): 10:15am On Feb 16, 2013
The third day at camp was one of my worse days. I had a crisis session early that morning.
Like all sicklers, crisis can come at anytime or any day. Mine had reduced tremendously when I got to 21 years. The asthma had stopped totally, but once in few months, I would have a crisis.
I struggled through that very early morning. Everyone was asleep except me. I wanted to reach for my locker and get my relieve drugs, but I couldn't. I fell twice on my way to the locker. Sprawled on the floor, I looked for a way to wake up my corner mate, but I couldn't. I called on him few times but he was sleeping like a log of wood. Gradually, I kept breathing in air in long gasps, trying to fill my lungs with as much oxygen as possible. One of the numerous doctors my old man employed to take care of me while I was little informed me that any time I had crises, I should try as much as possible to stay in a well ventilated space and take in as much oxygen as I could. He explained to me that a short supply of oxygen to the brain leads to my regular fainting.

After few minutes, I had enough strength to get to my locker. I opened it and got my relieve drugs: a balm, an isreali mint which clears the airways and some other ointment and drugs. I took them and felt better. I stayed awake till the morning when they blew the biggle. I wasn't going to the morning parade. The weird one looked at me like a strange figure when he woke up. Maybe he didn't notice I was looking sick, maybe he didn't care.
He dressed and left for morning parade after asking if I wasn't going. I was expecting him to ask me why, I would have told him I had crisis: but he never asked. Like a real weirdo he was, he walked to the parade ground.

After the morning parade, my two friends came to my corner to see me. They were more interested in us going out. They wanted to groove on my money. They were worried I didn't show up at our usual joint and they came to know what's up with me.

I didn't border telling them of my condition. I hate telling people of it, it leads to them feeling pity for me, something I hated so much. They noticed I wasn't breathing fine but I promised them I was ok.

The weird guy came back from parade. I tried engaging him in talks, even made jokes about him trying so hard to win the wager. In his usual way, he answered me nonchalantly. He gave me a strange look when he looked down from the top bunk. I was getting used to it, so I didn't border.

I left with the other two. I bought breakfast for us all and we ate. I bought drinks for them and left. One of the doctors told me to avoid alcohol during crisis. He informed me that within 8 hours of a crisis, I should be careful of what I eat or drink. But he told me, off the record, that a menthol cigarette relieves the crises a bit. So was my love for dorchester cigarettes immeasurable.

I came back to the hostel and met my corner mate washing. I knew he was poor and broke, but never knew he was a miser too. There were laundry men around, who charge so low to wash and iron your clothes. At least, it guarantees the safety of your clothes.

I was taken aback by his new role as the platoon leader. I tried talking it down as nothing, but I knew better.
This new role was going to be a key factor in determining the winner of this wager. It was going to expose him to many girls in camp. His looks was already an advantage, something I can match and beat with my money. But this new role as a leader was just going to tilt the scale in his favor.

He asked some personal questions and I
answered them. I was excited he was really chatting with me. He was more interested when I told him my old man was a chief, and when I joked about killing my elder brothers so as to be the new osisi orji the 4th of egbema community, he laughed so hard that tears came out from his eyes.

I was glad we were making a good conversation. It wouldn't be bad if we both became best of friends in camp.

We would still keep the wager on, of course I wasn't going to let him go away with insulting me. He must pay.

Although this new development as a platoon leader was troubling, but I was going to look for a way to match it.

After all, Newton's third law of motion is very plain and concise:

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction".

I was going to spring forth an equal reaction to match the actions. . .

And I did just that. . .

4 Likes

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by gluv01(f): 10:16am On Feb 16, 2013
Good work MAzi.... wink
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by decepticos(m): 10:17am On Feb 16, 2013
Numero uuuno: You wanna confuse us,rite?
Thats good and creative,as far as i'm concerned you're ujchief and also Mazu omenuko.
But to give a Blind eye and to enjoy my story,Ujcheif gave u some real knock-outs,i.echeap sneakers,secondary skul back pack.
Damn!,what a combo.
Alright,to sum it all
Uglyone1-1Weirdone
GAME ON
Guy bet why, why u wan spoil tory for us na?
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by YellowMosquito(m): 10:40am On Feb 16, 2013
I'm not missing nothing here o.... Here ye all Nairalanders.... This is getting intense
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Abali1(m): 10:46am On Feb 16, 2013
Mazi (AKA Ujchief),
I have been following your work, from the first to this current one. I must commend your writing skill, I doff my hat for you.
I would like to point out something here; any SCD or asthmatic person following this thread should not try out what Ujchief has described, I mean drinking and smoking. Read this story for your entertainment, and take it as a good work of fiction.
Smoking, will cut down the available oxygen in your system and drinking alchohol often will only increase your rate of crisis.

Mazi, carry go I dey enjoy your tory.

9 Likes

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Mucokey(m): 10:53am On Feb 16, 2013
Abali1: Mazi (AKA Ujchief),
I have been following your work, from the first to this current one. I must commend your writing skill, I doff my hat for you.
I would like to point out something here; any SCD or asthmatic person following this thread should not try out what Ujchief has described, I mean drinking and smoking. Read this story for your entertainment, and take it as a good work of fiction.
Smoking, will cut down the available oxygen in your system and drinking alchohol often will only increase your rate of crisis.

Inasmuch as u re trying to chip in a piece of advice here, mind u dat Ujchief had already clearly stated the importance of oxygen on asthmatic patient buh as a spoilt "brat" he's, relenting cud translate to DULLING here.
Mazi thumbs up so far.
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 16, 2013
The Barca manager has just promoted Lionel Messi to the 1st team and given him the number 10 jersey. That will surely make him receive the ball more and spearhead his side's attack

The man city manager on the other hand has played down the move, claiming that the number 10 Position is nothing special and that he also has an ace up his sleeve.

Stay tuned for more commentary..grin

4 Likes

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by seunfly: 10:58am On Feb 16, 2013
Stanley700: Nice one Mazi !Bringing chief into the picture is a way of taking writing to another level , that is given ur characters a voice , letting them express themselves,just like the Movie "Inkheart" staring Brenda Fraser .We the audience now see Chief aka Ugly from a different perspective compared to the way u painted him before u brought him to life . Thumbs up
the cheifugly one also gave us another perspective of mazi, now i know he wear cheap sneakers and old jeans. Instead of clean boy that ladies are attracted to b4.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by coolestboy(m): 11:30am On Feb 16, 2013
Viewing this topic: agabaI23 ( m ), wizkris ( f ), djosh4 ( m ), HAO1 , HENRIETTAPOWER ( f ), weezii ( m ), Barbz4u101 ( m ), laoluking ( m ), jugomma ( f ), Ahadeyhola , foliks ( f ), bee-y ( m ), Rencent , jt2010 , chinedumo ( m ), lilcutie8916 ( m ), nacksonjoe , gluv01 ( f ) and 3 guest(s)
y d crowd here? So, no be me alone dey enjoy d tory? Mazi, where r u? Come continue joor
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by weezii(m): 11:40am On Feb 16, 2013
am seriously likin this post

1 Like

Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by foliks(f): 11:45am On Feb 16, 2013
coolestboy: Viewing this topic: agabaI23 ( m ), wizkris ( f ), djosh4 ( m ), HAO1 , HENRIETTAPOWER ( f ), weezii ( m ), Barbz4u101 ( m ), laoluking ( m ), jugomma ( f ), Ahadeyhola , foliks ( f ), bee-y ( m ), Rencent , jt2010 , chinedumo ( m ), lilcutie8916 ( m ), nacksonjoe , gluv01 ( f ) and 3 guest(s)
y d crowd here? So, no be me alone dey enjoy d tory? Mazi, where r u? Come continue joor
‎​am rily enjoyin d story,dnt want to stop readin
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Stanley700(m): 12:01pm On Feb 16, 2013
seunfly:
the cheifugly one also gave us another perspective of mazi, now i know he wear cheap sneakers and old jeans. Instead of clean boy that ladies are attracted to b4.
I agree with u! We now know that Mazi wears cheap sneakers and old jeans. Seeing both characters trying to outdo each other ( best of both worlds). just imagine how Oge will feel,seeing Mazi with the same jeans for 3 days.lol
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by FoxyRebirth(m): 12:36pm On Feb 16, 2013
I'm so following this stuff.... Mazi... You better come and continue o grin grin grin
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by YellowMosquito(m): 12:38pm On Feb 16, 2013
FoxyBone!!! Mentor, you abandoned your story to come and read this one undecided undecided undecided I've been waiting for your updates for so long a time that I had concluded on making this place my abode grin grin grin
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Numerouuuno: 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2013
decepticos:
Guy bet why, why u wan spoil tory for us na?
bros,kust give a blind eye and enjoy ur story o.u hear?
@mazi,welldone
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by mikeywise(m): 1:49pm On Feb 16, 2013
I go provoke for u o, Mazi. Come continue na
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Numerouuuno: 1:51pm On Feb 16, 2013
Abali1: Mazi (AKA Ujchief),

bros,good point concerning the SCD stuff,u beat me to ur notification!
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 16, 2013
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by hilchris(m): 2:08pm On Feb 16, 2013
Banjo usman: I don't like reading literatures neithher do I like readng anytin relating to it, all am after since my secondary school days is how to make it in life and aw to graduate with a 2-1 here in d univerrsity.. But I willl confess MAZI just changed the whole thing cos av been reading this on bed since yesterday night and slept off , even woke up and continue reading it all because the topic is interesting .that means av been missing a lot .. Keep it up bro

D same wit me. I really don't lik reading novels but since I came across Mazi's write up, it has thrown me off balance. Its kips gettin at d passing of each line. It shows I hav bin missing out all dis while as I dnt read novels. Kip it up Mazi
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Mutaino7(m): 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2013
iykmora:
*activates his MS* ......amaterasu.....
*claps_his_hands* ....no more rubbish!!!

u don turn to sasuke uchiha
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by MaziOmenuko: 3:04pm On Feb 16, 2013
mikeywise: I go provoke for u o, Mazi. Come continue na

No provoke abeg.

HotNaijaBabe: @Mazi.. The latest addition( Ujchief) is simply amazing..
#We don't mind that u wear cheap sneakers and jeans.. grin Just make sure u update often..
U are the best, Mazi.

I will upload soon. I've been caught up with the weekend. I will give more updates when I'm less busy.
Thank you all for following; you all are the best.
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2013
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by baibijayyahoo(f): 4:11pm On Feb 16, 2013
lol, mazi well done....
BTW you are welcome to my state
Re: NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> by MaziOmenuko: 4:18pm On Feb 16, 2013
baibijay@yahoo.:
lol, mazi well done....
BTW you are welcome to my state

Finally! You decided to comment! My first love, I thought you abandoned me after learning I was a sex addict in my previous story.

Welcome back dearie.

And, yea, I did send the mail, but never got a reply.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (131) (Reply)

Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups / Black Maria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.