Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Talent Is Better Than Education - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Talent Is Better Than Education (28644 Views)

Talent Is Misunderstood And Overrated / Your Musical Talent Is NOT Fake, This Is All You Need To Succeed. / A Single Talent Is Not A Ticket To Success In Life. It Must Be Nurtured On A Dai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by AjanleKoko: 2:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
In a way, I kind of agree.
Not that talent in itself is better than education. But it is far better to be talented, than to rely solely on education for your self-actualization.
Guys like Stephen Keshi, Austin Okocha and Nwankwo Kanu never went to college, but they speak a number of languages, have visited many countries, are rich, and are major role models with huge following especially among the youth. Even the rich and powerful struggle to be identified with them. Look at the way the Ovias, Adenugas, and Dangotes have been dashing the Super Eagles players and coaches cool cash wink

Besides, not having much formal education doesn't imply that you're dumb. You can always hire educated fellas to do the thinking for you grin

In an ironic sort of way, if you look at someone like Wole Soyinka who doesn't have a caseful of degrees, not even a PhD, but is far more successful than most in his cadre. I tell you, Natural ability or creativity is way more important than certificates. With a caveat though. If you don't have any natural talents (like me), better run to school grin

4 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
Arinxe Pls Use Ur Brain,... The Bamker Dat Lives In My Compound Cant Buy A Car, Nt To Talk Of A Yatch...my Dad Takes Him To Work. Axadus Wasnt Wise. He Doesnt Translate Others Okay? Yatch Na Small Ting, Jst Build D Talent GOD gave u. dnt full yrself
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by arinze345(m): 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
Kennedyiheme: Arinxe Pls Use Ur Brain,... The Bamker Dat Lives In My Compound Cant Buy A Car, Nt To Talk Of A Yatch...my Dad Takes Him To Work. Axadus Wasnt Wise. He Doesnt Translate Others Okay? Yatch Na Small Ting, Jst Build D Talent GOD gave u. dnt full yrself
I believe I made my point...I rest my case cos this arguement is BASELESS!
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 4:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
arinze345:
I believe I made my point...I rest my case cos this arguement is BASELESS!
U Rest Yr Case because U Dont Hve Reasonable Points. WAT HAPPENS TO DAT BANKER THAT GOES 2 WORK WIT MY DAD? shebi e go skool, davido go feed e family
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
AjanleKoko: In a way, I kind of agree.
Not that talent in itself is better than education. But it is far better to be talented, than to rely solely on education for your self-actualization.
Guys like Stephen Keshi, Austin Okocha and Nwankwo Kanu never went to college, but they speak a number of languages, have visited many countries, are rich, and are major role models with huge following especially among the youth. Even the rich and powerful struggle to be identified with them. Look at the way the Ovias, Adenugas, and Dangotes have been dashing the Super Eagles players and coaches cool cash wink

Besides, not having much formal education doesn't imply that you're dumb. You can always hire educated fellas to do the thinking for you grin

In an ironic sort of way, if you look at someone like Wole Soyinka who doesn't have a caseful of degrees, not even a PhD, but is far more successful than most in his cadre. I tell you, Natural ability or creativity is way more important than certificates. With a caveat though. If you don't have any natural talents (like me), better run to school grin
You have always been anti-education in your posts. Thank goodness you aren't an extremist. You would have been in the field with BH in the North. maybe that's your talent lies grin grin grin grin
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by AjanleKoko: 5:58pm On Feb 13, 2013
x-fire:

You have always been anti-education in your posts. Thank goodness you aren't an extremist. You would have been in the field with BH in the North. maybe that's your talent lies grin grin grin grin

Sounds like I hit a raw nerve grin

Don't blame me if your acquired kpalis have not paid off tongue
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Sounds like I hit a raw nerve grin

Don't blame me if your acquired kpalis have not paid off tongue
grin grin grin grin
My one and only kpali has paid off a lot. tongue
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by obowunmi(m): 7:21pm On Feb 13, 2013
Without discipline...talent can be a waste. I think that education provides some form of regime, skill, routine, and discipline - that can be helpful to many young people growing up. If you feel like you don't need education,then you need a VERY GOOD mentor and guardian to help you hone in on your specific skills.

Education is not better than talent, but talent without discipline is a waste.

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by AjanleKoko: 7:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
x-fire:

grin grin grin grin
My one and only kpali has paid off a lot. tongue

Well, good for you tongue

obowunmi: Without discipline...talent can be a waste. I think that education provides some form of regime, skill, routine, and discipline - that can be helpful to many young people growing up. If you feel like you don't need education,then you need a VERY GOOD mentor and guardian to help you hone in on your specific skills.

Education is not better than talent, but talent without discipline is a waste.

Fully agree.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
Obowummi Wheres D Dicipline In D Guy Dat Goes To Skool Nd Bcom A Cultist?..dude U Are Offkey Abeg

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by sixteen08(m): 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
@op ur having a swell time with dis ur thread.....anyways ur not alone in d enjoyment....me sef join body in d enjoyment with d divergent views n d raw nerves
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by sixteen08(m): 7:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by obowunmi(m): 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
Kennedyiheme: Obowummi Wheres D Dicipline In D Guy Dat Goes To Skool Nd Bcom A Cultist?..dude U Are Offkey Abeg

Are you asking a question or are you making an assertion? There is also a difference between going to school and getting an education - so be careful with making generalizations. Not every student that attends uni in naija is a cultist so not sure that I comprehend your question.

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by AjanleKoko: 10:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
Kennedyiheme: Arinxe Pls Use Ur Brain,... The Bamker Dat Lives In My Compound Cant Buy A Car, Nt To Talk Of A Yatch...my Dad Takes Him To Work. Axadus Wasnt Wise. He Doesnt Translate Others Okay? Yatch Na Small Ting, Jst Build D Talent GOD gave u. dnt full yrself

Your posts don't flatter the topic unfortunately. While you do have a point, I'm not sure you are the best person to preach. If I judge you by your posts so far, then an education might do you some good. But then I remember Shina Peters grin

9 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by obowunmi(m): 11:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
^^^^^^ ahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by lepesyn20(m): 11:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
He's talkin rabbish,let me ask u dis questn"y did u go 2 skul"?
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by sixteen08(m): 5:22am On Feb 14, 2013
grin grin I guess d snake has turned back 2 bite its handler .....@op if u reply @Ajanlekoko wit mumu response ur done grin grin
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 7:35am On Feb 14, 2013
Dont Get Me Wrong, Cos I Can See U Dot Understnd Me. I Dint Say Goin To Skool Is Wrong, But Using What U Learnt As A Source Of Income Is Outrageous,U Will Jst Live A Live Of 1 kobo... ajanlekoko trust, me im smarter than u. i wil teach ur generation maths
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by AjanleKoko: 8:16am On Feb 14, 2013
Kennedyiheme: Dont Get Me Wrong, Cos I Can See U Dot Understnd Me. I Dint Say Goin To Skool Is Wrong, But Using What U Learnt As A Source Of Income Is Outrageous,U Will Jst Live A Live Of 1 kobo... ajanlekoko trust, me im smarter than u. i wil teach ur generation maths

*sigh*
Pally, start by teaching your generation English abeg embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 8:57am On Feb 14, 2013
AjanleKoko:

*sigh*
Pally, start by teaching your generation English abeg embarassed
Whateva, Thread Closed Please... Only Pple Like Dangote Understand My Thoughts...some Of U Are Shallow Minded, Thanks For Ur Comments....
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by nitrogen(m): 9:12am On Feb 14, 2013
Kennedyiheme: Whateva, Thread Closed Please... Only Pple Like Dangote Understand My Thoughts...some Of U Are Shallow Minded, Thanks For Ur Comments....
Really? I laugh in pidgin grin grin grin grin

Dem finish you for this place o!
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 9:45am On Feb 14, 2013
nitrogen:
Really? I laugh in pidgin grin grin grin grin

Dem finish you for this place o!
Wah? U Seem To Be A Dull Nd Gullible Type
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 9:51am On Feb 14, 2013
Besides, Wht About Those Phd Holders Dat Applied To Be Dangote's Truck Drivers? Guys We Are In Nigeria...less I Forget I Hve A Cousin Dat Graduated Wit A First Class In Engineering, She Said She Wants To Be A Model. Nd Dat She Isnt Practising Engineering
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 9:57am On Feb 14, 2013
We All Read A Thread On Nairaland About A Doctor Dat Was Vandalisin Pipes. He said his salary as a doctor was too little... "dats what u get when u use education as a source of living" peanuts...which bank won pay u 1 million? remember say u get family oo
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by sixteen08(m): 10:03am On Feb 14, 2013
grin grin grin grin gbagaun gbagaun....dem don finish u 4 here ooo @op
Lwtmb.
I tink dangote is on nairaland ooo maybe u can look him up so u can fllw him on nairaland....@least u'll av a big man on ur side here on nairaland grin grin
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by AjanleKoko: 10:06am On Feb 14, 2013
Kennedyiheme: We All Read A Thread On Nairaland About A Doctor Dat Was Vandalisin Pipes. He said his salary as a doctor was too little... "dats what u get when u use education as a source of living" peanuts...which bank won pay u 1 million? remember say u get family oo

Is he also living in your Daddy's compound? grin
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 10:07am On Feb 14, 2013
?
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 10:11am On Feb 14, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Is he also living in your Daddy's compound? grin
Were U Dey Wen Den Post Am For Nl Front Page Mr Oga?
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 14, 2013
Kennedyiheme: Dont Get Me Wrong, Cos I Can See U Dot Understnd Me. I Dint Say Goin To Skool Is Wrong, But Using What U Learnt As A Source Of Income Is Outrageous,U Will Jst Live A Live Of 1 kobo... ajanlekoko trust, me im smarter than u. i wil teach ur generation maths

does this section now have its very own becomrich?
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 14, 2013
Jisox of olodi Apapa!!! It's way too early for this sort of thread!

Talent mt ar.se!!!! Dude, don't confuse acquisition of palis with getting an education. There's no substitute for education, period!

Discipline!!! That's something else all together and it is truly the only thing better than talent and education combined.

2 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by AjanleKoko: 10:36am On Feb 14, 2013
naijababe: Jisox of olodi Apapa!!! It's way too early for this sort of thread!

Talent mt ar.se!!!! Dude, don't confuse acquisition of palis with getting an education. There's no substitute for education, period!

Discipline!!! That's something else all together and it is truly the only thing better than talent and education combined.

Nurturing your talent actually requires some form of education. That's why actors go to acting schools, soccer players attend footie academies, etc. People have mentors and coaches who help to develop the natural talent.
I was earlier referring to formal education as we Naijas perceive it.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 14, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Nurturing your talent actually requires some form of education. That's why actors go to acting schools, soccer players attend footie academies, etc. People have mentors and coaches who help to develop the natural talent.
I was earlier referring to formal education as we Naijas perceive it.

That's why I said he should not confuse aquisition of pali with getting an education! In Nigeria, goingto school is a means to an end!

Skype just threw me out, some update nonsense. May need to restart pc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much Do Air Traffic Controllers Earn In Nigeria? / Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? / Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.