Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Talent Is Better Than Education - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Talent Is Better Than Education (28646 Views)

Talent Is Misunderstood And Overrated / Your Musical Talent Is NOT Fake, This Is All You Need To Succeed. / A Single Talent Is Not A Ticket To Success In Life. It Must Be Nurtured On A Dai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 14, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Nurturing your talent actually requires some form of education. That's why actors go to acting schools, soccer players attend footie academies, etc. People have mentors and coaches who help to develop the natural talent.
I was earlier referring to formal education as we Naijas perceive it.

Spot the difference - Ashley Cole & Jermain Pennant, Tuface & Blackface.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 10:56am On Feb 14, 2013
naijababe:

Spot the difference - Ashley Cole & Jermain Pennant, Tuface & Blackface.
Pals Dats Why I Said, Education Is Important, Im Not Disputing Dat, But It Shouldnt Be What U Depend On As A Source Of Gettin Money
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by sixteen08(m): 11:05am On Feb 14, 2013
Now ur talkin
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by nitrogen(m): 2:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by nitrogen(m): 2:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
Kennedyiheme: Wah? U Seem To Be A Dull Nd Gullible Type
Really? Perhaps you are the fustrated type, kid, get a life!

Meanwhile, I won't leave without an advice for you 'Face Your Books, cos it's necessary'.

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 14, 2013
AjanleKoko:

*sigh*
Pally, start by teaching your generation English abeg embarassed

grin grin grin
The Kennedy guy is just a comic relief. If you wanna put up a smile in your face after a busy day, just read his posts.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 14, 2013
AjanleKoko:

*sigh*
Pally, start by teaching your generation English abeg embarassed
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 8:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
x-fire:

grin grin grin
The Kennedy guy is just a comic relief. If you wanna put up a smile in your face after a busy day, just read his posts.
Is Dat So?
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by blacksta(m): 10:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
Balotelli is a perfect example of someone with imerse talent but lack guidance[left][/left]
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by obowunmi(m): 10:44am On Feb 15, 2013
Kennedy has talent...he brings with him some sense of humor. grin grin grin
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by sholay2011(m): 8:00am On Feb 16, 2013
Kennedyiheme: Pals Dats Why I Said, Education Is Important, Im Not Disputing Dat, But It Shouldnt Be What U Depend On As A Source Of Gettin Money

OP.I came back to this thread and you are still unrepentant about the way you write ( with every damn word starting with capital letter)...it's an eyesore. And later you will start ranting that you don't need education. You'dd better go grab your 'brighter grammar' and sit your lazy ass down to do some serious reading rather depending on how you would break into the talent industry. grin

The topic itself is very lame and it beats me that it has spanned to 3 pages. Thank God it's not yet on front page before OP starts to celebrate his ignorance. Mschew!!!!
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 8:29am On Feb 16, 2013
[quote author=sholay2011]
OP.I came back to this thread and you are still unrepentan Ok
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by 4tunebest(f): 12:53pm On Feb 16, 2013
More like 'talent is better WITH education'

3 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by SniperD(m): 12:28am On Feb 17, 2013
Talent: A special ability or cleverness,a skill e.g a talent for drawing

Education: simply put "instructions and teaching"

They both are Good and Can't work without each other.
No matter how talented one is in an art HE/SHE must get INSTRUCTIONS OR TEACHING before he can succeed in his art.
Discussing this is useless cause no matter what man do there is education involve.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by sirhot(m): 7:32pm On Feb 17, 2013
Well you guys are just mixing things up here. Let me put it simply; Talent is to fame and money (personal) as Education is to development of humans and the society (Public).

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Drkul(f): 7:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by ba7man(m): 7:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
Education helps you harness your talents. There both important, they compliment each other.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Drkul(f): 7:37pm On Feb 17, 2013
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 7:37pm On Feb 17, 2013
ba7man: Education helps you harness your talents. There both important, they compliment each other.
But The Talent Is Superior Becos It's Frm GOD
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by oniwo(m): 7:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
coputa: The comparison you made here are faulty..what has okonjo iwealla contributed to the development of this country,fuel subsidy removal,that brought more hardship to nigerians. Genieveve the star actress has genuine wealth and fame,she has affected the youth positively,not these educated illitrates who cannot survive outside government.,i want to ask with all honesty that is there anything that obasanjo at his age has achieved that tu face hasnt suppased at his tender age...talent is the key.

Look at didirin agba comparing Aremu and omo alagbe. Any way I dey laugh O
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
op after ten years of dropping out from schl (undergrad) and try harnessing your talent, come back so we can have this discussion. For now I will pass!

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 17, 2013
Choose the one that takes you less time and effort but gives you more money.

I will choose talent

2 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Kennedyiheme: 7:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
Dr kul: . Mabinu, pls what is ur own talent?
See mumu.... no go find ur own

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by vandarsar(m): 7:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
O boy that jamie guy get dough. But I still believe after reading his profile that he studied what he loves doing at havard.

tanimola22:

Well, you said one banker, so I will give you just one. Jamie Dimon is one banker who is popular and richer than 2face and Davido combined..My respect to Tubaba.

T22
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by manny4life(m): 7:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
Talent as well as education is good, however, eduction sharpens the talent. Talent doesn't have to be in music alone, it could be in IT, Medicine, Engineering, etc. With talent, you can go back to education, however, regardless of the amount of education you have, you cannot possess or buy talent. At the end of the day, if you put both on same pedestal, talent does pay off better than education.

2 Likes

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
Education is used to nurture and discover talent, so talent isn't always better than education....

Education, whether formal or informal, is used to groom and grow talent.... Part of education is discipline, and without discipline, your talent is non-existence...

Talent needs education to function, while education can sometimes function without talent.....

A combination of both is what we should aspire for..
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by manny4life(m): 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2013
tanimola22:

Well, you said one banker, so I will give you just one. Jamie Dimon is one banker who is popular and richer than 2face and Davido combined..My respect to Tubaba.

T22

Well Jay Z is richer than him, Jamie's net worth stands at $250 million +, while Jay Z exceeds that by $100million and more.
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Bryancrox(m): 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
To me talent is better nd education is best,but education is not wen yhu go to skol nd get different certificate it is wen yhu ve ideas on not jst 1 particular tin but many tins...Wen u ve d talent u need 2 be a little bit educated to make yur talent work for nd not to end up like Majek Fashek nd d rest of other.Tank yhu
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by Peterboy1(m): 7:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
both goes together
Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by MissOpe(f): 7:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
Kennedy sound like a drop out....... Ewu

1 Like

Re: Talent Is Better Than Education by MissOpe(f): 7:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
Kennedy sounds like a drop out....... Ewu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much Do Air Traffic Controllers Earn In Nigeria? / Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? / Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.