Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,207 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:48 AM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (144516 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
[quote author=DrummaBoy]

FAILURE!!!!!!!

Holiness is NOT a measure of perfection. It may be YOURS but it is not the bible's. There is such a things as the righteosness of God, perfect righteosness, that can only be obtained by imputation, by faith.
keep on deliberate sinning like a carnal christian lets see whether you will see God na.
No wonder you bandy the law of Moses around and potray some filthy thing called holiness. Hebrew 12:14 - without holiness no man shall see the Lord. Read it well, it is not saying holiness will earn God's kingdom; it is saying the showing of true perfection, obtained by faith, is holy living. No more, no less...
The laws were a pointer to sin which Christ came to expand and fulfill. do you know that by you not preaching the gospel to the unsaved and dwelling only on trivial issues of tithing on nairaland is actually a sin? Let the Holy Spirit convict you my brother.
Don't even fool yourself... why are my even wasting my time with you, you kuku will not hear!
You are the fool here. How many unsaved souls have you brought to the kingdom.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
BIDAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

if you know your body/flesh carries the sin nature and you are dead to sin from its root, why would you make the bolded statement then?
are you free from the acts of sin?

The issue is not the confession of your sin but the renewal of your mind. What Paul is saying is that we carry two forces that propel us believers- force of sin and the force of righteousness. A believer that does not build a relationship with God through the truth of God's word would have more of the force of sin controlling him (although he is dead to the root of sin). On the other hand, If you have a relationship with God without any law, you would gradually minimise the force of the sin nature.
don't kid yourself bro..when God shows you real nature without Christ you will weep? Holiness is actually a possibility, but as long as you are in the flesh you will always yield to sin one way or another . To him that knows what to do and does not do it to him is sin..have you preached the gift of salvation to a single soul out in the street today? have you taken this gospel to the bush where the unsaved are? what have you done with the gift of God in you rather than argue with contentions and strife with a christian brother who is saved. don't kid yourself my friend. the lord knows who are his.
Romans 6:11
11 Likewise reckon (consider, think as though) ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Back to the issue of the law of moses. No man is made righteous by the deeds of this law, Paul used three illustrations to present his case-

PLANT- He said just as a seed is buried in the soil to bring forth fruit, we were likewise buried with Christ and we rose with him.

SERVANT- Just as a slave that has a new master, the slave must not leave with the new master as though he is with his old master. Christ is our new slave master, He has bought us from the old master (law), we must leave with this new
master according to his own terms.

MARRIAGE- A woman is bound to the laws of her husband as long as the husband is alive, when the husband dies, he is free to marry another husband. Christ died as a fulfilment of the law for me to be married to the risen Christ. Therefore, if you leave in Christ as though you are under the law, you are committing a spiritual adultery.

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
Amen to all these.it is actaully not about quoting scriptures and wasting your time and mine here but is about fulfilling your God giving assignment.and am actually tired of arguing with you guys becos you pple teach what has not actually made impacts in your lives.remove the logs from your eyes before thinking of removing a speck from a brothers eyes. accurate words of Jesus.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 5:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: keep on deliberate sinning like a carnal christian lets see whether you will see God na.
What determines who see God?
Bidam:
The laws were a pointer to sin which Christ came to expand and fulfill. do you know that by you not preaching the gospel to the unsaved and dwelling only on trivial issues of tithing on nairaland is actually a sin? Let the Holy Spirit convict you my brother.
How is condemning tithing a sin please?
Bidam:
You are the fool here. How many unsaved souls have you brought to the kingdom..You are the fool here. How many unsaved souls have you brought to the kingdom.
Do you actually think any man has the power to bring a soul to God?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 5:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: are you free from the acts of sin?
Yor are asking the same questions that was asked in the book of Romans 'shall we continue to sin that grace may abound'. You are as ignorant as the people asking these questions were. Paul answered the questions more than three times before they could have any idea of what he was saying.

You still view sin from the eye of the law, meanwhile, being a man or a woman in this world is a sin on its own because we carry a sin nature through Adam like a child carry his parent's DNA. Now Christ has imputed righteousness in you, that act of lying and all other evil things are compressed gradually but won't leave completely as long as we are in this body. All we can do is walk with the Lord through His spirit to transform our thoughts and our mind. Even Paul made it known that there is a struggle between his old man and his new man. I beg you read your Romans very well, any Christian that does not understand that book does not know what Christianity is all about.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 5:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam:
Amen to all these.[b]it is actaully not about quoting scriptures [/b]and wasting your time and mine here but is about fulfilling your God giving assignment.and am actually tired of arguing with you guys becos you pple teach what has not actually made impacts in your lives.remove the logs from your eyes before thinking of removing a speck from a brothers eyes. accurate words of Jesus.

I believe it is about quoting scriptures cos it guides us to all truth. The scripture says if any man teach any thing separate from what has been taught, such person should be accursed. You are no more under the old slave master, you are for Christ now, stop fecundating the doctrine of tithing.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi: What determines who see God?
How is condemning tithing a sin please?
Do you actually think any man has the power to bring a soul to God?
grin you should be ashamed of yourself answering someone's exam questions.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:
Yor are asking the same questions that was asked in the book of Romans 'shall we continue to sin that grace may abound'. You are as ignorant as the people asking these questions were. Paul answered the questions more than three times before they could have any idea of what he was saying.

You still view sin from the eye of the law, meanwhile, being a man or a woman in this world is a sin on its own because we carry a sin nature through Adam like a child carry his parent's DNA. Now Christ has imputed righteousness in you, that act of lying and all other evil things are compressed gradually but won't leave completely as long as we are in this body. All we can do is walk with the Lord through His spirit to transform our thoughts and our mind. Even Paul made it known that there is a struggle between his old man and his new man. I beg you read your Romans very well, any Christian that does not understand that book does not know what Christianity is all about.
what do you understand by the nature of sin and the acts of sin?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

I believe it is about quoting scriptures cos it guides us to all truth. The scripture says if any man teach any thing separate from what has been taught, such person should be accursed. You are no more under the old slave master, you are for Christ now, stop fecundating the doctrine of tithing.
the scriptures how have they been applicable to you in real life situations?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 6:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: what do you understand by the nature of sin and the acts of sin?
The nature of sin is what we come to this world with as a child, we inherited it as a descendant of Adam. This nature controls and rule over us to commit the act of sin.

So, you don't really need to teach a child how to be selfish, how to lie, or how to rebel. The child comes into the world with it.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: the scriptures how have they been applicable to you in real life situations?
see me see bidam o.. leave what it the scriptures is doing for me, lets focus on what you are missing in the scriptures.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: grin you should be ashamed of yourself answering someone's exam questions.

answer the questions all the same.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi: The nature of sin is what we come to this world with as a child, we inherited it as a descendant of Adam. This nature controls and rule over us to commit the act of sin.

So, you don't really need to teach a child how to be selfish, how to lie, or how to rebel. The child comes into the world with it.
grin Jesus came to destroy the nature of sin and not the laws.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:
see me see bidam o.. leave what it the scriptures is doing for me, lets focus on what you are missing in the scriptures.
you have not said anything that is of value to me so i actually do not know what i am missing here.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: grin Jesus came to destroy the nature of sin and not the laws.

Jesus came to fulfil the demand of the law. He gave us the gift of grace through faith by imputing righteousness in us. He becomes our own 'Passover lamb' that keeps us from death.

56 Death’s power to hurt is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But we thank God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ

tithing has no part to play in our walk with God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

grin let me correct you here as my brother. it is not about quoting and cramming alot of scriptures that makes you more christian than me. wrong application of it might lead to error as some of you are in the habit of twisting the pauline epistles in this forum. The kingdom experience requires transformation and involves strong powerful confrontation with the existing realities of life.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 6:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: you have not said anything that is of value to me so i actually do not know what i am missing here.
Its either you are being untruthful or you are not reading my response.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

Jesus came to fulfil the demand of the law. He gave us the gift of grace through faith by imputing righteousness in us. He becomes our own 'Passover lamb' that keeps us from death.

56 Death’s power to hurt is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But we thank God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ

tithing has no part to play in our walk with God.
grin what is tithing? is it the killings of rams and goats during the muslims festivals as sacrifice for sin?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:
Its either you are being untruthful or you are not reading my response.
i am really..you are either being ignorant or dishonest here. when i said without holiness no man shall see God. am not the one saying it but the bible.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: grin let me correct you here as my brother. it is not about quoting and cramming alot of scriptures that makes you more christian than me. wrong application of it might lead to error as some of you are in the habit of twisting the pauline epistles in this forum. The kingdom experience requires transformation and involves strong powerful confrontation with the existing realities of life.

What realities of life, when God says- 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: i am really..you are either being ignorant or dishonest here. when i said without holiness no man shall see God. am not the one saying it but the bible.
What makes a man holy, is it the deeds of law?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

What realities of life, when God says- 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

grin you see what i meant by wrong application. did you actually took your time to digest what i said?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: grin you see what i meant by wrong application. did you actually took your time to digest what i said?The kingdom experience requires transformation and involves strong powerful confrontation with the existing realities of life.
I believe you.. what was there to digest? what transformation were you talking about? Where was it written that you need a kingdom experience? and what existing realities of life?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:
What makes a man holy, is it the deeds of law?
Aha! now you have claimed the ignorance i was waiting for. Holiness involves change becos coming to God does involve change. coming to God does involves confrontation. coming to God does involve a process of transformation. Rom 12:1-2
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:
I believe you.. what was there to digest? what transformation were you talking about? Where was it written that you need a kingdom experience? and what existing realities of life?
mind renewal and transformation via the Word of God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: Aha! now you have claimed the ignorance i was waiting for. Holiness involves change becos coming to God does involve change. coming to God does involves confrontation. coming to God does involve a process of transformation. Rom 12:1-2

confrontation with what? So what makes one holy? Do you agree that the law kills instead of making you holy?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 7:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: grin what is tithing? is it the killings of rams and goats during the muslims festivals as sacrifice for sin?

Is tithing not part of the letter of the law?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by DrummaBoy(m): 7:41pm On Jun 17, 2013
Neo-JUDAIZERS un-redeemable. Ever learning and not able to come to the knowledge of the truth

*Un-follows thread*
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

Is tithing not part of the letter of the law?
tithing predates the law
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
shdemidemi:

confrontation with what? So what makes one holy? Do you agree that the law kills instead of making you holy?

Jesus obeyed every dot of the law. did that kill him?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
DrummaBoy: Neo-JUDAIZERS un-redeemable. Ever learning and not able to come to the knowledge of the truth

*Un-follows thread*
grin Ever learning and not able to come to the knowledge of the truth.smh
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 9:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bidam: tithing predates the law
so because it predates the law, you have to add it to the gospel of Christ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.