Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,331 members, 7,850,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:06 PM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (144207 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 7:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
Boomark: Where did they command Christians to pay tithe in the bible?

bro, you half freed our Trinitarian thread o.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Boomark(m): 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

bro, you half freed our Trinitarian thread o.

Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
Boomark:

I was calling your attention to the Trinitarian thread.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by iamswizz(m): 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

What were the questions if I may ask you?
concerning following the Abrahamic system of paying tithes.. did abram pay tithe to a store house?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 9:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
iamswizz: concerning following the Abrahamic system of paying tithes.. did abram pay tithe to a store house?

Don't bother olaadegbu can never properly ansa this question.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by oyinoluseye(m): 2:42am On Jun 27, 2013
If really someone is a believer, I believe to obey the instruction of God will not be difficult. A christian that is on track must subscribe to the teaching of tithing. If you are claiming that tithing is not applicable to new testament church, your eternity is questionable and you need to force yourself and agree with me that you are not priest according to the scripture. Is tithe not proportionate giving unto God? Are you giving your offering base on how God prospered you or your human's wants that is unlimited that you are pursuing dictates how much you give to God? How many less privilege have your helped? How many widow or widower have you financially ministered to? If your answer are not yes throughout, your going to heaven is questionable.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by flourishG(m): 2:47am On Jun 27, 2013
oyinoluseye: If really someone is a believer, I believe to obey the instruction of God will not be difficult. A christian that is on track must subscribe to the teaching of tithing. If you are claiming that tithing is not applicable to new testament church, your eternity is questionable and you need to force yourself and agree with me that you are not priest according to the scripture. Is tithe not proportionate giving unto God? Are you giving your offering base on how God prospered you or your human's wants that is unlimited that you are pursuing dictates how much you give to God? How many less privilege have your helped? How many widow or widower have you financially ministered to? If your answer are not yes throughout, your going to heaven is questionable.
stop this madness n unlearned talk you just wrote there.where does da bible says paying tithe or not is a requirement for heaven?are u sure u alright?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 7:12am On Jun 27, 2013
oyinoluseye: If really someone is a believer, I believe to obey the instruction of God will not be difficult. A christian that is on track must subscribe to the teaching of tithing. If you are claiming that tithing is not applicable to new testament church, your eternity is questionable and you need to force yourself and agree with me that you are not priest according to the scripture. Is tithe not proportionate giving unto God? Are you giving your offering base on how God prospered you or your human's wants that is unlimited that you are pursuing dictates how much you give to God? How many less privilege have your helped? How many widow or widower have you financially ministered to? If your answer are not yes throughout, your going to heaven is questionable.

This is the kind of demonic teaching greed inspired preachers preach to scare unsuspecting believers into parting with 10% of their regular income under the illusion that they are giving to God. Can you imagining linking salvation to a false man made version of tithes? angry

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by SincereBigot: 10:43pm On Jun 30, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Christians tithes according to the Abrahamic system. True Christians are children of Abraham in faith and they must walk in his steps except you are not a child of Abraham. Romans 4:12; Hebrew 7

concerning following the Abrahamic system of paying tithes.. did abram pay tithe to a store house? the scriptures u wrote has nothing to do with abram tithing
Re: Tithes And Offerings by nora544: 11:21pm On Jun 30, 2013
Please People from Nigeria and Africa who belive in God do not give money to the churches, make this because Jesus Christ didnot want our money he only want that we live like it is written in the bible and when you have money give it to the poor people because

First The parable of the Good Samaritan: "Who is my neighbor?"

The spirit of the Good Samaritan who had compassion determines the life and the use of each Kamillianers and the whole Order.
There was a law teacher, and to make Jesus to the test, he asked him, 'Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life? Jesus said to him: What does the Act say? What are you reading there? He answered: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all your heart and soul, with all your strength and with all thy mind, and thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, Jesus said to him: You have answered correctly. This do and thou shalt live.

The lawyer wanted to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbor?

Jesus replied: A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho was attacked by robbers. They stripped him and beat him, then they went away, leaving him half dead. By chance a priest was going down that road, he saw it and moved on. A Levite also came to the place he saw it and moved on. Then came a Samaritan, who was on the trip. When he saw him, he had compassion and went to him, poured oil and wine over his wounds and bandaged them. Then he set him on his own beast and brought him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper and said: Take care of him, and when you need him anymore, I'll pay you when I return.
What do you think: Which of these three proved to be the neighbor to the man was attacked by robbers? The lawyer replied: The one who treated him with mercy. Then Jesus said to him, 'Go and do likewise!

Second The Parable of the World Court - "Whatever you did for one of my brethren, you did for me ..."

In the poor health of Camillians Christ is himself.

When the Son of Man comes in his glory and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he shall separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

Then the King will say to those on the right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess the kingdom prepared which is intended for the creation of the world for you. For I was hungry and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was Unclad and you clothed me, I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed You, or thirsty and gave thee drink? And when did we see You a stranger and taken, or Unclad and clothe you? And when did we see thee sick or in prison and came unto thee? And the King will answer them, Verily I say unto you, whatever you did for one of my brethren, you did for me.

Then he will turn to the left of the page and say unto them, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels! For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, and I was Unclad, and ye gave me no clothing given, I was sick and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then they too will reply, 'Lord, when saw we thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or Unclad or sick or in prison, and did not help? Then he will answer them, Verily I say unto you, What you did not do for the least of these, you did it not to me. And they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.

from Matthew's Gospel, chapter 25, verses 31-46

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:45pm On Jul 19, 2013
Come, See And Encounter

The God that cannot fail@

Deeper Life Conference Centre

Km 42, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

20-21 July 2013

Saturday 18:00 hours (6:00 PM)

Sunday 08:00 hours (08:00 AM)

http://www.dclm.org/

Re: Tithes And Offerings by SincereBigot: 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
Brother ola.. You just ignored this thread and my questions abi?

Well, bad news, i bookmarked it, im going to keep posting here until you answer me
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 9:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
Sincere Bigot: Brother ola.. You just ignored this thread and my questions abi?

Well, bad news, i bookmarked it, im going to keep posting here until you answer me

perhaps your question(s) has been answered countless times already.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21am On Sep 14, 2013
Luke 11:37-44 NKJV

"And as He spoke, a certain Pharisee asked Him to dine with him. So He went in and sat down to eat. When the Pharisee saw it, he marveled that He had not first washed before dinner. Then the Lord said to him, “Now you Pharisees make the outside of the cup and dish clean, but your inward part is full of greed and wickedness. Foolish ones! Did not He who made the outside make the inside also? But rather give alms of such things as you have; then indeed all things are clean to you. "But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass by justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone". Woe to you Pharisees! For you love the best seats in the synagogues and greetings in the marketplaces. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like graves which are not seen, and the men who walk over them are not aware of them. ”"

Watch --> www.EvolutionVsGod.com
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On Sep 14, 2013
Sincere Bigot:

Brother ola.. You just ignored this thread and my questions abi?

If you go through the thread you will discover as image123 has said, that I have already dealt with your question.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:
Luke 11:37-44 NKJV

"And as He spoke, a certain Pharisee asked Him to dine with him. So He went in and sat down to eat. When the Pharisee saw it, he marveled that He had not first washed before dinner. Then the Lord said to him, “Now you Pharisees make the outside of the cup and dish clean, but your inward part is full of greed and wickedness. Foolish ones! Did not He who made the outside make the inside also? But rather give alms of such things as you have; then indeed all things are clean to you. "But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass by justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone". Woe to you Pharisees! For you love the best seats in the synagogues and greetings in the marketplaces. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like graves which are not seen, and the men who walk over them are not aware of them. ”"

Watch --> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

It's amazing how much similarities exist btw our modern day tithe preaching pastors and the pharisees being addressed in this passage. Just substitute the word Pharisee for pastor were ever it occurs and message passed remains as fresh as tomorrow's newspaper wink
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

It's amazing how much similarities exist btw our modern day tithe preaching pastors and the pharisees being addressed in this passage. Just substitute the word Pharisee for pastor were ever it occurs and message passed remains as fresh as tomorrow's newspaper wink

Look at the mirror, who do you see? undecided

Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Look at the mirror, who do you see? undecided

i saw Pastor kun the hypocrite oh, i was not even surprised.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
Image123:

Dunce, how do you look in your mirror and see pastorkun Are you that daft? Or you are just obsessed with pastorkun?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
Image123:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 2:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Dunce, how do you look in your mirror and see pastorkun Are you that daft? Or you are just obsessed with pastorkun?

Omase tically, the point was lost on you. Please pray and fast for understanding.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
Image123:

Omase tically, the point was lost on you. Please pray and fast for understanding.

It wasn't lost, it was just a very daft and senseless analogy tongue
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Image123(m): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

You made the 'analogy', eeeyaa.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Have you given your tithes and offering today?

Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Have you given your tithes and offering today?

Offering? Yes tithes? No such thing in my dictionary, the false doctrine is not practised or preached in my church. tongue
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55am On Sep 16, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Offering? Yes tithes? No such thing in my dictionary, the false doctrine is not practised or preached in my church. tongue

Why offering? Why discriminate against tithes? Wasn't offering included the OT times?

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Why offering? Why discriminate against tithes? Wasn't offering included the OT times?

If you can't answer your question yourself then you need to go back to kindergarten.

For the benefit of those that could be misled by ola's shenanigans, whilst Jesus and the apostles taught people to give freely(offerings), they NEVER taught biblical tithing how much less the fraudulent/ twisted monetary tithes from income being preached today.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:24am On Sep 17, 2013
Pastor Kun:

If you can't answer your question yourself then you need to go back to kindergarten.

For the benefit of those that could be misled by ola's shenanigans, whilst Jesus and the apostles taught people to give freely(offerings), they NEVER taught biblical tithing how much less the fraudulent/ twisted monetary tithes from income being preached today.

"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings"
(vs. 8 ).

Back to kindergarten? I'll say lets go back to the OP. The OP says you rob God of your tithes and offerings and you say you will only give offering and not tithes. My question is; why discriminate against tithes and go for offerings? Are you not obliged to give both?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 10:59am On Sep 17, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

(vs. 8 ).

Back to kindergarten? I'll say lets go back to the OP. The OP says you rob God of your tithes and offerings and you say you will only give offering and not tithes. My question is; why discriminate against tithes and go for offerings? Are you not obliged to give both?

Why don't you define God's tithe to us from scriptures? We would then determine if it's practical for us or even applicable to us.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:10pm On Sep 17, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Why don't you define God's tithe to us from scriptures? We would then determine if it's practical for us or even applicable to us.

Let's go back to basics. Was tithes practical and applicable to Abraham when he gave his tithes to Melchizedec, the high priest of God?

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Let's go back to basics. Was tithes practical and applicable to Abraham when he gave his tithes to Melchizedec, the high priest of God?

Abraham's tithe was a free will/ one off offering based on the babylonian traditions of his time. It had absolutely nothing to do with God's tithe as defined in scriptures.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.