Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,113 members, 7,835,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Tithes And Offerings - Religion (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings (143608 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (141) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 10:38am On Jun 18, 2013
ikemofepo:

Wow! This is interesting to read. So, this one passage you have quoted has made all I said invalid. Cool. Let's start obeying the law to be righteous then...hurries of to study the Torah!

I hate arguments, especially when people have not studied extensively. The passage you're talking about clearly speaks against the Law. Wait, are we trying to win arguments here or we are trying to learn? Anyone can win an argument, especially with the bible, but Paul was in big trouble there by what he preached (He preached against the Law of Moses) and they looked for a way to remedy the situation

Act 21:20 They listened with delight and gave God the glory. They had a story to tell, too: "And just look at what's been happening here--thousands upon thousands of God-fearing Jews have become believers in Jesus! But there's also a problem because they are more zealous than ever in observing the laws of Moses.
Act 21:21 They've been told that you advise believing Jews who live surrounded by Gentiles to go light on Moses, telling them that they don't need to circumcise their children or keep up the old traditions. This isn't sitting at all well with them.
Act 21:22 "We're worried about what will happen when they discover you're in town. There's bound to be trouble. So here is what we want you to do:
Act 21:23 There are four men from our company who have taken a vow involving ritual purification, but have no money to pay the expenses.
Act 21:24 Join these men in their vows and pay their expenses. Then it will become obvious to everyone that there is nothing to the rumors going around about you and that you are in fact scrupulous in your reverence for the laws of Moses.
Act 21:25 "In asking you to do this, we're not going back on our agreement regarding Gentiles who have become believers. We continue to hold fast to what we wrote in that letter, namely, to be careful not to get involved in activities connected with idols; to avoid serving food offensive to Jewish Christians; to guard the morality of sex and marriage."
Act 21:26 So Paul did it--took the men, joined them in their vows, and paid their way. The next day he went to the Temple to make it official and stay there until the proper sacrifices had been offered and completed for each of them.
Act 21:27 When the seven days of their purification were nearly up, some Jews from around Ephesus spotted him in the Temple. At once they turned the place upside-down. They grabbed Paul
Act 21:28 and started yelling at the top of their lungs, "Help! You Israelites, help! This is the man who is going all over the world telling lies against us and our religion and this place. He's even brought Greeks in here and defiled this holy place."

What terrible translation are you using? Use the King James my friend!
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 10:40am On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are mixing the whole thing up bro. The gospel and revelation Paul had is different from what the others had, although as soon as he got converted, he preached the old gospel which is 'believe Jesus Christ is the son of God'. Christ kept on ministering to Paul about what the new mandate is. Paul says in Gal1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

The man got this gospel straight from Christ. Peter, James, John and the eldes could not comprehend what the man was teaching either.

Any doctrine that says you should not eat or drink a certain thing, he called it another gospel different from the gospel of Christ.

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

Ok, let me get this right, before I expose your ignorance. Are you suggesting that the scripture means you can eat just about any meat? Think before you answer, because you know I will use scripture, not my opinion
Re: Tithes And Offerings by PastorKun(m): 10:49am On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam: grin i couldn't have put it more clearer than this. Thank God you are now seeing the angle i am actually coming from. I am not saying Christians should actually live by the codes and dictates of the law which is legalism. what i am talking about is heart obedience since we have the Holy Spirit as a guide and this is strengthened through prayers and study of the Word of God. sometimes when i pray in tongues(jude 1:20) i feel so strengthened that i easily forgive people who offend me just as Christ would. I face the day with so much Joy and peace that i can't explain ofcos except you have been there.

Is the bolded above you are always so quick to insult those who don't agree with your fraudulent tithe doctrine
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 10:55am On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Ok, let me get this right, before I expose your ignorance. Are you suggesting that the scripture means you can eat just about any meat? Think before you answer, because you know I will use scripture, not my opinion

Let me also state, before we go further, that, while I don' agree that tithing needs to be observed, I don't agree for the same reasons as some. The law is not done away with. Tithe is just not money, and it belongs to the levites. Not your jet-setting pastors.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 11:06am On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I know the scripture. Please, lay out your understanding so I can see your line of thinking.

The issue here is, Paul was fazed with death, he did all he could at that point to be free but the will of God took pre-eminence. He would later say I was born a Roman citizen and I am a Jew from Tarsus in the country of Cilicia all to be free from the torture. He also presented his case to why he is teaching the message he was teaching.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 11:11am On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

That is what it says there, I did not say it. Even Peter refused to eat from what God presented to him in his trance but he was told by God 'Do not call anything impure that God has made clean'. Expose my ignorance pls.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 11:20am On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

That is what it says there, I did not say it. Even Peter refused to eat from what God presented to him in his trance but he was told by God 'Do not call anything impure that God has made clean'.

Ok, let me explain what Acts 10 actually means:
Peter has a dream. In it, he saw unclean animals. God said, "kill and eat" (in the dream).
Peter says "Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean."

Let us pause for a second. Peter was commissioned by God to preach the gospel by Jesus himself. If Jesus said you eat unclean animals, how come Peter didn't get the memo?

Anyway, the problem here is that you have tried to interpret the dream by yourself. Dreams in the bible always have an interpretation, the reader is not left to make up his own mind what it means. Unless of course you have the gift of interpreting dreams like Daniel or Joseph tongue

The interpretation is given in verse 28 "And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean."

Tradition of the elders (not the law) says a Jew cannot enter the house of a gentile. If not for the dream, and the apprearance of the angel, Peter would not have entered a gentile home. God did not contradict his own law i.e. do not eat unclean animals. He was saying the gentiles are not unclean, which contradicts the tradition of the elders.

There are many NT passaged such as this that are wildly misunderstood. Dodgy translations do not help either brother. smiley

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by ikemofepo(m): 11:31am On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Peter has a dream. In it, he saw unclean animals. God said, "kill and eat" (in the dream).
Peter says "Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean."

Let us pause for a second. Peter was commissioned by God to preach the gospel by Jesus himself. If Jesus said you eat unclean animals, how come Peter didn't get the memo?

Anyway, the problem here is that you have tried to interpret the dream by yourself. Dreams in the bible always have an interpretation, the reader is not left to make up his own mind what it means. Unless of course you have the gift of interpreting dreams like Daniel or Joseph tongue

The interpretation is given in verse 28 "And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean."

Tradition of the elders (not the law) says a Jew cannot enter the house of a gentile. If not for the dream, and the apprearance of the angel, Peter would not have entered a gentile home. God did not contradict his own law i.e. do not eat unclean animals. He was saying the gentiles are not unclean, which contradicts the tradition of the elders.

There are many NT passaged such as this that are wildly misunderstood. Dodgy translations do not help either brother. smiley

See we don't need to argue this thing blindly. I used a dodgy translation, right? I thought I only wanted to explain better, however, it's funny that I get the same meaning from the KJV.

What you're saying in essence is that Christians NEED and are still required to KEEP the LAW of MOSES. This is just Sad!

Gal 3:6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
Gal 3:7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.
Gal 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, "In you all the nations shall be blessed."
Gal 3:9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with believing Abraham.
Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."
Gal 3:11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for "the just shall live by faith."
Gal 3:12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."

That's some NKJV! Paul could NEVER have advocated keeping the Laws of Moses for the Christian, NEVER. The Laws written on tablet stones and interpreted by men was always to exploit people. So even though the Law was Holy, Just and good, it had no power to do the same in the life of a believer. I wonder how people will try to search out one passage in the new testament to make it mean we're still supposed to obey the Law of Moses, when hundreds of others clearly speak against it! sad
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 11:36am On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

First thing, Peter didn't have a dream, it was a vision he had in a trance. Of course you are in line with the interpretation. You have divide the discussion into two parts. I will deal with the gentile bit first. In Acts 1, the disciples asked Christ a question

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

All the disciples were bothered about was Israel but Christ answered them by not answering them saying no one knows the time and seasons, only God. He then gave them a mandate to take the gospel unto the uttermost part of the earth.(Jews and gentile inclusive). What God did with the trance was a reminder cos Peter and the rest were not carrying out the instructions of Christ completely. He picked Paul up to carry the gospel to the gentiles but made Peter see that vision for Paul's gospel to be accepted.

As for the food issue- if you insist this vision does not explain it, what about 1Tim 4:1-6?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 11:44am On Jun 18, 2013
ikemofepo:

See we don't need to argue this thing blindly. I used a dodgy translation, right? I thought I only wanted to explain better, however, it's funny that I get the same meaning from the KJV.

What you're saying in essence is that Christians NEED and are still required to KEEP the LAW of MOSES. This is just Sad!

Gal 3:6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
Gal 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, "In you all the nations shall be blessed."
Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them."
Gal 3:11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for "the just shall live by faith."
Gal 3:12 Yet the law is not of faith, but "the man who does them shall live by them."

That's some NKJV! Paul could NEVER have advocated keeping the Laws of Moses for the Christian, NEVER. The Laws written on tablet stones and interpreted by men was always to exploit people. So even though the Law was Holy, Just and good, it had no power to do the same in the life of a believer. I wonder how people will try to search out one passage in the new testament to make it mean we're still supposed to obey the Law of Moses, when hundreds of others clearly speak against it! sad

The law is holy, no one can be justified by it, BECAUSE nobody could keep it fully. That is correct. So we are free from the condemnation of the law, i.e. death.
verse 13 "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree"

See that? From the "curse of the law"..NOT 'from the law, that is a curse'.

That does not mean we should not observe it. God said he will write his law/torah in their hearts. What is the point in that if they are to simply ignore it?

People were preaching that you must do this or that in order to receive salvation. Paul said we cannot be justified by keeping the law. Yet, somehow, people think this to mean we do away with the law. Sin is transgression of the law. How can there be sin if there is no law?
I will give you a full breakdown of what Galatians 3 actualy means later. But I can tell you now, it does not mean to do away with the law.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by ikemofepo(m): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

The law is holy, no one can be justified by it, BECAUSE nobody could keep it fully. That is correct. So we are free from the condemnation of the law, i.e. death.
verse 13 "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree"

That does not mean we should not observe it. God said he will write his law/torah in their hearts. What is the point in that if they are to simply ignore it?

People were preaching that you must do this or that in order to receive salvation. Paul said we cannot be justified by keeping the law. Yet, somehow, people think this to mean we do away with the law. Sin is transgression of the law. How can there be sin if there is no law?
I will give you a full breakdown of what Galatians 3 actualy means later. But I can tell you now, it does not mean to do away with the law.

Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah;
Heb 8:9 "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the LORD.
Heb 8:10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
Heb 8:11 "None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.
Heb 8:12 "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."
Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

So the Law is now the torah, right? That is your own translation, really. The new commandment Christ gave us is Love and that is the law written in our heart. Nowhere in Paul's writing will you see Paul advocating for new converts to obey the Law, either to be saved, righteous, to keep being saved or to keep being righteous. When people try to manipulate others, that's when they remember one law of Moses or the other. The truth is, if this deception is to stop, vs 11 will have to be followed, you wouldn't have to teach your neighbour to "Know the Lord", but now, just like during the law, people still want to teach others what and what not to do, and therein lies the deception of the tithes. I wonder how you will give a compulsory 10 percent of your income every month and it won't be of "necessity". If Paul had advocated for any aspect of the law to be obeyed, we wouldn't be here having this discussion, and apart from that, I think a lot of people don't actually fully understand the New Covenant. Some people still think it's some brand of islam. What have our pastors been teaching? Morals? Tithes? Lord have mercy!
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 12:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Bro, It is not the torah that is written in our hearts. Take a chill pill while we go through it together. The first covenant was between God and man(Israel), the second covenant is between God and God, man has no part to play in it.
Hebrews 8
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
@ikemopefo...what is happening here, we seem to be saying exact same things.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2013
ikemofepo:

Heb 8:6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.
Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah;
Heb 8:9 "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the LORD.
Heb 8:10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
Heb 8:11 "None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.
Heb 8:12 "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more."
Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

So the Law is now the torah, right? That is your own translation, really. The new commandment Christ gave us is Love and that is the law written in our heart. Nowhere in Paul's writing will you see Paul advocating for new converts to obey the Law, either to be saved, righteous, to keep being saved or to keep being righteous. When people try to manipulate others, that's when they remember one law of Moses or the other. The truth is, if this deception is to stop, vs 11 will have to be followed, you wouldn't have to teach your neighbour to "Know the Lord", but now, just like during the law, people still want to teach others what and what not to do, and therein lies the deception of the tithes. I wonder how you will give a compulsory 10 percent of your income every month and it won't be of "necessity". If Paul had advocated for any aspect of the law to be obeyed, we wouldn't be here having this discussion, and apart from that, I think a lot of people don't actually fully understand the New Covenant. Some people still think it's some brand of islam. What have our pastors been teaching? Morals? Tithes? Lord have mercy!

So I showed your reference to Acts 10 to be invalid. I will also do the same with Hebrews. Let us think here. Who is God giving a new covenant to? If it "new" and "unlike the former", then those he gave it to must have once been in covenant?
Let me prove it with scripture:

James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting

So who is this? Well, if you read previous posts, it is the 'scattered' people of the northern tribes of Israel that God had divorced, and is now bringing them back into covenant with him via the Messiah (Jeremiah 31:31-33).

Paul taught them that they must believe in Christ. How is this mutually exclusive with observing the law? Paul ket the law, the Jews in Jerusalem (including the church council) did too, I proved that a;ready with scripture.

So where do you get off saying today's believers do not?
If you do not believe the bible then read early church history. These people observed the sabbath and obeyed the laws. The roman rulers sought to marry the pagan traditions with the reigion that was spreading.

Regarding tithing, I made my position known on that. It is a reward for the levites. Secondly, tithe is food.

back to Hebrews. New covenant is the 'marriage' contract. God had divorved them for adultery, worshipping other ods. Christ died, because, according to the law, as long as a man lives he cannot re-marry the woman he once divorved. Hence, the new covenant is God gathering his people to him again. What are the terms of the new covenant? Well, has the law, regarding marriage changed? NO. Otherwise, Peter would have said so in Romans 7:1-3. Funny how he was even teaching from the law right.

Isaiah 66:17 " They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord."

Guess what, if God called it an abomination to him thousands of years ago, it remains so today. Apprently, those unclean things are still unclean in the end times. Go figure
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=ikemofepo]Bidam, please read this. It should answer many of your questions. We are having an intellectual debate here, all those words like mumu and the likes that demean other people should be avoided. The hallmark of spiritual maturity is love and not bible knowledge. You're blessed!

MAN: Father God, what is your opinion about the Law of Moses?

GOD: I have annulled it, (Heb.7:18); I have made it obsolete, (Heb.8:13); I have changed it, (Heb.7:12); I have wipe it out, (Col.2:14); and I have cast it out because it is the seed of the bondwoman, (Gal.4:30); and in its stead I have made a new arrangement. (Heb.8:7-cool.
Heb 7:18 was talking about what God gave moses being a shadow not the original and not about annulment as you erroneously posted.Heb 8 :13 talks about the new covenant in Christ and that is why i told you to read 1 cor 11:25 to understand this which you never did ofcos.the book of hebrews talks extensively about this blood covenant.heb 7:12 talks about the change of law concerning the regulations of the priesthood, it in no way cancels the 10 commandments given to moses.Jesus is the High priest now and we are priests unto God, still we offer sacrifices of prayers and praise unto the Lord.col 2:14 still says the same thing concerning ordinances and regulations which are detailed in Leviticus go read am.Gal 4:30 here Paul was talking about it allegorically in terms of ishmael and isaac. As far as God was concerned Isaac was the child of promise not Ishmael and that is who we are in Christ(God's only begotten Son) and that is where the term "Born again" comes in.Heb 8 :7-8 and amen. the first covenant was obsolete which necessitated the NEW, which was why Christ came, and i tell you the truth that without Christ it is even much more difficult to obey the law of the spirit than the law of the letters.The OLD LAWS are all hidden in the two commandments Christ gave. shikena! so God's laws did not change rather the covenant did which is now written in the hearts of believers.
MAN: Can we not borrow some of the precepts of the OT for our worship services?

GOD: Anybody who wants to borrow part of the law must be prepared to keep everything as stipulated. (James 2:10; Gal.5:3) Nobody is permitted to amend the Law of Moses to suit his own condition. (Deut.5:32; 17:20; 28:14; Jos.1:7) But let anyone who puts himself under the law know for sure that he has no part with Jesus Christ, the mediator of the New Testament, (Gal.3:10; 5:4) because he makes void the death of Jesus.(Gal.2:21). Do you want to go back under the curse from where Jesus has redeemed you?
James 2 :10 was even advancing the law of Love in the hearts of believers and agrees totally with what paul was saying. Love is not a carnal emotional feeling. Love is simply obedience to the will of the Father which Jesus did. He gave us the Holy Spirit to understand what the Father wants.i don't even need to read ur other quotes cos they are all saying what i am saying here.
MAN: Father, will people not violate your law when we say that they are not under the law?

GOD: Have they not been violating it before? When the Law of Moses was fully operational, people broke it; even the Israelites who were given the law first hand could not keep it. (Acts 7:53; 15:10) Let me tell you plainly, I did not design that the law should save anybody; rather it was designed to condemn people so that they might realize that they need a Savior. Anyone who accepts Jesus and stays in His teaching is the one who will be delivered from the bondage and condemnation that the law brings. (Rom.6:3-14) Nobody who puts himself under the law will have a part in my kingdom. (Gal.5:4)
Amen.

MAN: But Jesus said that He did not come to cancel the law but to fulfill it. (Mat.5:17). What about that?

GOD: Yes He came to fulfill the law and that is why He said in Lk. 24:44 that He had now fulfilled all. After fulfilling the law, the Law of Moses had spent its force and it is not binding on the NT believers. Only those who love Christ will stay under the New Covenant,
amen
Many who pay tithe today do so either for the fear of a curse or because they want blessings. Hardly do we see people who contribute money because of their love for me. My son Jesus said, “My yoke is easy ….” If anybody decides to carry the yoke of Moses, he finds trouble for himself. (Gal.5:1)
error here.tithes is actually one of the devotion and worship we display as true believers for our love for the master.
MAN: If the Ten Commandments had been abrogated, does it mean we can continue to sin?

GOD: You have to know that the moral standard of a new creature in Christ is above the dictates of the Law of Moses. The law says, “You shall not commit adultery,” but my son Jesus said that anyone who lusted after a woman had already committed adultery in his heart. (Mt.5:27-28) Anybody who accepts the Lordship of Jesus is declared righteous. (2Cor. 5:21; Rom.5:17) Paul, my beloved servant said that the law was not for the righteous but for sinners. (1 Tim. 1:9-10). If you desire to remain under the law, it is your problem. In my own program, the law is obsolete and I have annulled it. Go and study 2 Cor.3:7-11 properly and you will see that the law is a ministry of death, of condemnation, and that which is fading away. Why will you like to stay on what I have abandoned? It cannot profit you.
the covenant and not the laws were made obsolete. God laws are eternal for God cannot lie.
MAN: Father does it really matter what we do or believe? I think sincerity with You is the most important thing.

GOD: You may be sincere all you want to but as long as you go against my blueprint, you will not be pardoned. Moses was sincere, yet he missed the Promised Land. Uzzah was sincere and yet he died a sudden death. King Saul was sincere and yet was rejected. Your sincerity is not enough, follow my own blueprint. Only those who bow to my will shall rejoice in the end.
Thank God Jesus never missed it..others are for our learning..we follow Jesus and not the prophets.

MAN: There are so many popular and charismatic preachers who believe, teach, and collect tithes. Can all these people be wrong?

GOD: You have your Bible where you can see how I dealt with people in the past. None of the people you talk about can be more popular and charismatic than Moses, who shook Egypt to its very foundation. Moses missed his target simply because he used an old revelation and set aside the new one. I am not partial in any way, so if Moses could miss his destiny on account of one instance of disobedience, anybody who ignores the New Testament provisions is in trouble! (Heb. 2:3).
You actually missing the point that Moses was a type of messiah just like Jesus..though moses did not take them to the promised land don't forget Joshua did. no genuine child of God will neglect the gift of salvation.
MAN: Thank you Father, it is now clear to me. But I want you to clarify 2 Sam. 24:24 where David said, “…Nor will I offer burnt offerings to the LORD my God with that which costs me nothing…” Some preachers told us that even if we don’t have we could borrow in order to give. They encouraged us to give above our resources. Is that in order?

GOD: Read the whole passage from verse 11 to the end and you will see that nothing there suggests what your preachers are telling you. David as a king was wealthier than Aruanah who wanted to give him objects he needed free of charge. David declined because he could afford to pay for those items. Look at my final revelation from the Jerusalem Bible, “As long as the readiness is there, a man is acceptable with whatever he can afford; never mind what is beyond his means. This does not mean that before you give relief to others you ought to make things difficult for yourselves…” (2Cor. 8:12-14) The unfortunate thing about you humans is that you still want to stay around the stake to which you were tied even after your chains had been broken. It is not the fault of those preachers who take advantage of you; it is your fault because you are too lazy to find out the truth for yourselves.
grin have you forgotten where Paul says we should offer ourselves as living sacrifice which is our reasonable service? how many souls have you brought to God's kingdom? A genuine child of God should be ashamed of not giving his best to God. His conscience ought to convict him

MAN: Father, would you advise us these days to give all just like people did in Acts of the Apostles? Your Son Jesus commended the widow who gave all as the best giver. What do you say?

GOD: Really, giving all is the spirit of the New Testament. But I must quickly add that the situation then made giving all practicable. When people gave all, they were sure to have their needs met afterwards. A situation whereby giving all will only service the lusts and luxuries of a cabal, is unacceptable. Listen to what I inspired Paul to say in 2Cor. 8:13-14, “I am not trying to relieve others by putting a burden on you; but since you have plenty at this time, it is only fair that you should help those who are in need. Then when you are in need and they have plenty, they will help you. In this way both are treated equally.” That was the case in the early church. Today when all that your leaders emphasize is giving, but the needs of the poor are not catered for, you must be careful. You can have a project of ministering to the poor yourself if your church does not take it seriously.
has it occurred to you that may be the reason why the modern preachers emphazied on givings is that God's household are being neglected? ever heard the phrase "as poor as a church rat"? you will agree with me that in the 1920's people look on church folks with contempt and disdain. and we have said times without number in this forum that we are against cabals who live on God's tithes as a luxury. In a more organized church settings the tithes is actually used for widows, orphans,paying pastors salary and other church projects and i don't see anything wrong with that. the macedonians went even further than tithes by partnering with paul and paul encouraged it. Paul actually used OT scriptures to emphazize on why it is his legal right to receive from the people he ministered spiritually to. so your case against the tithe is null and void here.
And to answer your second question, I give way more than 10 percent of my income
God speaks to us everyday. Glory to God if you give above 10%. it might amaze you to know the church is always in need. i know of a brother who resigned from a well paid job in order to preach salvation messages in the bush of Nigeria. can you do that?anytime we talk about tithe here pple always think in terms of money. tithes can be your time you spend in the furtherance of the gospel and that is why i always call it a spiritual principle.
I give to causes which the Holy Spirit will have me give to. Only if we could give tithes the way Abraham GAVE tithes. Our eyes would truly be opened to the person of Melchizedek today and not just compulsorily dropping 10 percent of our income everytime in Church, under the threat of being cursed or wanting to get a blessing. The argument for Abraham shows that he GAVE under neither of the circumstances. You can download the book that speaks entirely on the tithing system and how it should be done here http://mb.mettalloids.com/tithe-and-you-the-book/
grin wethere we pay tithes or not the gospel of Jesus will be preached. the reason why people condemn tithing is because of the way pastors have abused priviledges given to them by God and this has cause more harm than good. tell me how may Christian have been consistent in even giving to the poor and when i mean giving not just some miserly beggarly 20 naira, but a giving that even you yourself will feel it in your bones that you gave. Givings will always cost you abegi.

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 1:41pm On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:
So I showed your reference to Acts 10 to be invalid. I will also do the same with Hebrews.
Do you just close your eyes to responses. I corrected your assertions, I presume you did not check it.

JesusisLord85:
Let us think here. Who is God giving a new covenant to? If it "new" and "unlike the former", then those he gave it to must have once been in covenant?
Let me prove it with scripture:
James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting
How did you come to the conclusion that he was speaking to to the twelve tribes[/b] which are scattered abroad,
JesusisLord85:
So who is this? Well, if you read previous posts, it is the 'scattered' people of the northern tribes of Israel that God had divorced, and is now bringing them back into covenant with him via the Messiah (Jeremiah 31:31-33).
I repeat what gives you the impression that He was speaking to the northern tribe of Israel in that chapter
JesusisLord85:
Paul taught them that they must believe in Christ. How is this mutually exclusive with observing the law? Paul ket the law, the Jews in Jerusalem (including the church council) did too, I proved that a;ready with scripture.).
Read my response and re-address the issue of Paul came back to observe the law after preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.
JesusisLord85:
So where do you get off saying today's believers do not?
If you do not believe the bible then read early church history. These people observed the sabbath and obeyed the laws. The roman rulers sought to marry the pagan traditions with the reigion that was spreading. .).

Romans 7
7 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

I can explain that part of scripture if you want.

JesusisLord85:
back to Hebrews. New covenant is the 'marriage' contract. God had divorved them for adultery, worshipping other ods. Christ died, because, according to the law, as long as a man lives he cannot re-marry the woman he once divorved. Hence, the new covenant is God gathering his people to him again. What are the terms of the new covenant? Well, has the law, regarding marriage changed? NO. Otherwise, Peter would have said so in Romans 7:1-3. Funny how he was even teaching from the law right..).
It was Paul talking not Peter. He was using the law which they were familiar with to present his message. He also used an illustration of a seed and another of a slave and his master. You totally missed it here, God did not divorce anybody for adultery Paul was just using the scenario of a man and a woman to make his point. In the previous chapter he told them 19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh
JesusisLord85:
Isaiah 66:17 " They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord."

Guess what, if God called it an abomination to him thousands of years ago, it remains so today. Apprently, those unclean things are still unclean in the end times. Go figure

the bible says 4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope

God's revelation is not stagnant, it moves in dispensations. dispensation of the law is different from dispensation of grace. Under law it is of works, under grace it is a gift of God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 2:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam: Heb 7:18 was talking about what God gave moses being a shadow not the original and not about annulment as you erroneously posted.Heb 8 :13 talks about the new covenant in Christ and that is why i told you to read 1 cor 11:25 to understand this which you never did ofcos.the book of hebrews talks extensively about this blood covenant.heb 7:12 talks about the change of law concerning the regulations of the priesthood, it in no way cancels the 10 commandments given to moses.Jesus is the High priest now and we are priests unto God, still we offer sacrifices of prayers and praise unto the Lord.col 2:14 still says the same thing concerning ordinances and regulations which are detailed in Leviticus go read am.Gal 4:30 here Paul was talking about it allegorically in terms of ishmael and isaac. As far as God was concerned Isaac was the child of promise not Ishmael and that is who we are in Christ(God's only begotten Son) and that is where the term "Born again" comes in.Heb 8 :7-8 and amen. the first covenant was obsolete which necessitated the NEW, which was why Christ came, and i tell you the truth that without Christ it is even much more difficult to obey the law of the spirit than the law of the letters.The OLD LAWS are all hidden in the two commandments Christ gave. shikena! so God's laws did not change rather the covenant did which is now written in the hearts of believers.

You are talking loads of rubbish here... A believer does not need the 10 commandment given to Moses to be righteous before God. the bible says the just shall live by faith/trust in God through the gospel of Christ not by the ten commandment. The scripture also says the power of God unto salvation is revealed through the gospel of Christ and not by the ten commandments

Bidam:

error here.tithes is actually one of the devotion and worship we display as true believers for our love for the master.
MAN: If the Ten Commandments had been abrogated, does it mean we can continue to sin?.
Why do you choose a devotion that is not from Christ to you as a believer.

Bidam: the covenant and not the laws were made obsolete. God laws are eternal for God cannot lie.
what are you saying. If you and I have a covenant/contract and we decide to cancel the contract, what happen to the content of our agreement?

I tire for you jare
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Is the bolded above you are always so quick to insult those who don't agree with your fraudulent tithe doctrine
ofcos you will always cherry pick what you want..why not pick out what i said wrong? SMH
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2013
ikemofepo:

you are actually reading Gal carnally so to speak. are you telling us here that paul is not in agreement and alignment with JAMES, PETER AND JOHN as regards the LAW? this is what i call twisting of paul's letters. SMH.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=shdemidemi]

You are talking loads of rubbish here.
.TRY EXPLAINING THIS LOAD OF RUBBISH QUOTING SCRIPTURE.LET SEE WHETHER YO CAN DEBUNK THEM.SMH.
A believer does not need the 10 commandment given to Moses to be righteous before God. the bible says the just shall live by faith/trust in God through the gospel of Christ not by the ten commandment.
grin tHE QUSTION IS ARE THE COMMANDMENTS ABOLISHED? SMH
The scripture also says the power of God unto salvation is revealed through the gospel of Christ and not by the ten commandments
AND WHaT IS THIS GOSPEL OF CHRIST YOU ARE YAPPING ABOUT.pls tell us.
Why do you choose a devotion that is not from Christ to you as a believer.
am at a loss as to what you mean here. take time to reply my post with scriptures and not pure emotions you are exhibiting here.
what are you saying. If you and I have a covenant/contract and we decide to cancel the contract, what happen to the content of our agreement?
and what was the contect of the agreement even as of old. IS IT NOT OBEDIENCE? DO ISRAEL HAVE TO DO ANYTHING ASIDE SIMPLE OBEDIENCE? WHAT IS THE NEW COVENANT WE HAVE IN CHRIST NOW? I TIRE FOR YOUR IGNORANCE HERE ABEG.
I tire for you jare
me ma tire for you jare.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi: Do you just close your eyes to responses. I corrected your assertions, I presume you did not check it.

How did you come to the conclusion that he was speaking to to the twelve tribes[/b] which are scattered abroad,
I repeat what gives you the impression that He was speaking to the northern tribe of Israel in that chapter
Read my response and re-address the issue of Paul came back to observe the law after preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Romans 7
7 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

I can explain that part of scripture if you want.

It was Paul talking not Peter. He was using the law which they were familiar with to present his message. He also used an illustration of a seed and another of a slave and his master. You totally missed it here, God did not divorce anybody for adultery Paul was just using the scenario of a man and a woman to make his point. In the previous chapter he told them 19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh

the bible says 4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope

God's revelation is not stagnant, it moves in dispensations. dispensation of the law is different from dispensation of grace. Under law it is of works, under grace it is a gift of God.

Perhaps because it says "to the 12 tribes scattered". Or was he speaking to you? Kind of looks silly, because it was bolded. There are other places where this is alluded to. After the northern tribe were carried off into Assyria they were scattered all over the earth as the prophecy goes. In those days they people would have been very aware of who the exiles Israelites were.

I don't know what is going on in your thinking when you refer to Acts 21:21-24. Paul shows he observes the law. It is obvious the church council do too. So according to one of your misunderstanding, these men are sinners. And you, 2000 years later know the way? Absurd

You don't know what Romans 7 means? Why? He told you why:
"for I speak to them that know the law"? In other words, if you do not know they law, you really have no business trying to interpret Paul. THis is why Peter says in 2 Peter 3:16 "As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."

These men taught from the law. The unleanred can only be people who do not know they law. Not the people like you who are justified because, in your mind, you love God. Only those who follow his commands are those who love him, did esus not say that?

He talks about marriage becase he refers to Jeremiah 31.
32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

He was (past tense) an husband to them. He punished them and scattered them among the nations. Peter is explaining how a man can marry his bride again. Hence Messiah had to die. I explained this before.

Let me summarise bible:

God chose a special people. He entered into a covenant with them. They broke it by committing adultery with other gods. The assyryians carried north Israel into captivity (2 Kings). Judah was carried away but repented (though the remnant rant off to Africa) - Jeremiah 42 and 43.

God keeps to his promise, he remembered that made to Abraham.

Prophecy says he would gather his people to him again, and also enter into a new covenant with them

Romans 7 is explaining that, remarrying after divorce is against the law but that because the Messiah died and rose again, God can now enter into another covenant with Israel and Judah.

The non-Jews can be part of Abrahams seed.

When the Israelites left Egypt, some Egyptians came with them. GOd said the foreigners among them should also obey his commands/laws.

Hold up, let me even confirm our first area of disupute.

Are you one of those that believes the law is abolished, or the even stranger group that believes it is only for the Jews of today? In either case, I will bring a sermon that will disple your myth smiley
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are talking loads of rubbish here... A believer does not need the 10 commandment given to Moses to be righteous before God. the bible says the just shall live by faith/trust in God through the gospel of Christ not by the ten commandment. The scripture also says the power of God unto salvation is revealed through the gospel of Christ and not by the ten commandments

Yeah, and that is what Paul said in Acts 15 abi? lol

He gave them a list of 4 things they must do, before they go further, for they will learn the rest of the law as they continue to fellowship in the synagogue
"But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. 21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day."

Those four things above, do hristians even observe those? no!
Secondly, it didn't sound like he said "it is ok, they can just, in their minds, believe, and that is all that is required. You will lead people into hell with that kind of doctrine
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Yeah, and that is what James said in Acts 15 abi? lol

He gave them a list of 4 things they must do, before they go further, for they will learn the rest of the law as they continue to fellowship in the synagogue
"But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. 21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day."

Secondly, it didn't sound like he said "it is ok, they can just, in their minds, believe, and that is all that is required. You will lead people into hell with that kind of doctrine
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=JesusisLord85][/quote]shdemidemi is of the erroneous belief that it is only the gospel of paul that will save believers. other gospels are of the jews which cannot save. smh!
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Yeah, and that is what Paul said in Acts 15 abi? lol

talking about circumcision sef. do you know that God's primary intent is of the heart? remember God gave a mark to cain when he complained to God that his brothers will kill him for what he did to abel. The Jews had to do it physically as a display of them being a set apart people of God from the heathen. we that have come to Christ now knows that our circumcision is of the heart. the methodology was changed but not the word "circumcision". Paul understood this mystery no wonder he said let no one trouble me for i bear on my body the marks of our lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2013
You know what the problem is here, lets handle one thing at a time. We are not communicating at the moment, make everything you write as short and precise as possible.

Do you know about the man called Apollos in the book of Acts? if you do, please tell me what you know about him
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi: You know what the problem is here, lets handle one thing at a time. We are not communicating at the moment, make everything you write as short and precise as possible.

Do you know about the man called Apollos in the book of Acts? if you do, please tell me what you know about him

Say what you want to say first
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2013
Bidam: shdemidemi is of the erroneous belief that it is only the gospel of paul that will save believers. other gospels are of the jews which cannot save. smh!

Romans 2:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel

I did not write that my dear friend
Re: Tithes And Offerings by shdemidemi(m): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Say what you want to say first
I want you to check the life of the man, the bible says 24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John

As good as this man is, what was lacking in his teaching? just answer pls.
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

King James Version (KJV)

16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel

And so what? Read the whole chapter.

verse 13 "(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified."
Re: Tithes And Offerings by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:

King James Version (KJV)

grin can i show you biblical proofs that even without Paul God has been speaking to the gentiles?
Re: Tithes And Offerings by JesusisLord85: 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
shdemidemi:
I want you to check the life of the man, the bible says 24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John

As good as this man is, what was lacking in his teaching? just answer pls.

He was not yet born again. He had the law alone.
So let me ask you this, if he believed in God, and went on to sin (as many christians do today), is he going to heaven because he 'believed'. You think you can ask me binary questions trying to worm your way to the wrong answer.lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (141) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's House And Jeeps (Picture) / Why I Left Christ Embassy Church / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 244
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.