Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,997 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (661379 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by khalid02: 11:56am On Nov 18, 2013
Hello house, am new to this forum and I have question to ask those gurus in the house.

I have someone in dubai who helped me got the job in dubai and the company has processed my employment visa but d immigration did not release the visa yet and the guy gave me this site to confirm the visa online and I confirmed it, eservices.mol.gov.ae/enetwasal/login.aspx?lang=eng

So, today the guy called me that the company called him yesterday to come and collect the hard copy of the visa and on getting there, there was a mistake on the nationality of the visa instead of nigeria they put malaysia on the visa and the company said they will return it to immigration for correction

My question now is how long are they going to rectify the visa by the immigration
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nodawa(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
hello my people
still searching for work oooooo
still have ten days more
I think Igwe is very busy at work cos we've not seen and justi4jesu
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2013
khalid02: Hello house, am new to this forum and I have question to ask those gurus in the house.

I have someone in dubai who helped me got the job in dubai and the company has processed my employment visa but d immigration did not release the visa yet and the guy gave me this site to confirm the visa online and I confirmed it, eservices.mol.gov.ae/enetwasal/login.aspx?lang=eng

So, today the guy called me that the company called him yesterday to come and collect the hard copy of the visa and on getting there, there was a mistake on the nationality of the visa instead of nigeria they put malaysia on the visa and the company said they will return it to immigration for correction

My question now is how long are they going to rectify the visa by the immigration

Hmmm................l hope what they are telling you is correct,because it smells like a scam to me, beside, if it is genuine, it shouldn't take more than 1 day to rectify the mistake,but, l do have my reservations, there are so many scams going on with the so called employment visa, l wish you luck though.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by khalid02: 12:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
ogakpatakpata: .

Hmmm................l hope what they are telling you is correct,because it smells like a scam to me, besides, if it is genuine, it shouldn't take more than 1 day to rectify the mistake,but, l do have my reservations, there are so many scams going on with the so called employment visa, l wish you luck though.
Thks for ur reply, I have confirmed it online and also scan d copy to me today because it was yesterday that company collected it from immigration and they detect the error 2day and that's d reason I want to know when is going to take to rectify it
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 12:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
khalid02:
Thks for ur reply, I have confirmed it online and also scan d copy to me today because it was yesterday that company collected it from immigration and they detect the error 2day and that's d reason I want to know when is going to take to rectify it
bro. you are not geting the message in between the line. is like there is a positive force that does nt want you to work for that company..... what did your friend tell you about the company ? what is their working condition like ? what is the wages/salary like... reason it you self. * why the delay.....? two times!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 12:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
khalid02: Hello house, am new to this forum and I have question to ask those gurus in the house.

Just be careful and make sure you dont get scammed along the line because the story doesnt appear straight to my ears.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
henrimoto: bro. you are not geting the message in between the line. is like there is a positive force that does nt want you to work for that company..... what did your friend tell you about the company ? what is their working condition like ? what is the wages/salary like... reason it you self. * why the delay.....? two times!

Good questions henrimoto,

@khalid02............. those are questions you need to ask your friend/agent, it is not about getting employment visa, you might get it, arrive and they offer you peanut as salary, so it is not yet uhuru for you, ask your friend all this questions before you jump into the flight to avoid regret and tears, l am not discouraging you, but, l have my reservations, since your friend/agent is the one dealing with the so called company without your input, l have my fears big time.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
nodawa: hello my people
still searching for work oooooo
still have ten days more
I think Igwe is very busy at work cos we've not seen and justi4jesu

Really, just now you posted you are in dubai, its just 10days remaining..See how time flies..hope you have been keeping your ears down for walkins. And those infos can be gotten around places like deira.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
finecheek12: @henrimoto my second boo thanx 4 d words of encouragment! It can only get better
@mouchou dearie hope u ve acclamatized wit d change in weather? Pele dear
haa! finechick... na wa to you o. why naw? you just distance your self from the palace..haba mana! @least, you still dey relevant here naw... watz up? se o yi wa ni ohun abi oti p'ada si le ni ?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by dapelua(m): 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
tank God...i receive a call from etihad office today dat my visa is ready....so b expectin me in emirate anytime frm tomorrow..........
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
@dapelua.......Congrats!! cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
dapelua: tank God...i receive a call from etihad office today dat my visa is ready....so b expectin me in emirate anytime frm tomorrow..........

Goooood news....safe flight.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by dapelua(m): 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
tanx all.....i wish to see u all live....so i we cum wit palm wine nd oda stuff...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
dapelua: tanx all.....i wish to see u all live....so i we cum wit palm wine nd oda stuff...

grin grin grin grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
dapelua: tanx all.....i wish to see u all live....so i we cum wit palm wine nd oda stuff...
O'boy...congratulations... happy you...make sure you go with the palm wine. don't just water the throat of our igwee.. just like that..
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 19, 2013
Henrimoto ma big bro, I'm doing just fine, how about u? Thanks for checking on me.

author=henrimoto]@monchouu...thank God you said, you engaged in something profitable... @least you not stranded !(no be say you no see work,but you never see ya choice..its ok) @obricado...how you dey? hope all is well with you.. * who else again wey i never remember this morning..?* justi4jesu !! Nne, bonjour mississipi! translate this in french "have a great week ahead"[/quote]
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hello House, I want to purchase my ticket tomorrow..and would like to choose either Friday/Saturday as departure date, but as a first time traveler..does it matter that I choose weekend(very busy days at the port I guess)?, or I should rather wait till Monday a new week?. Considering dealing with immigration officials and stuff.
Also, Is it advisable that I make my hotel reservation from Nigeria?. Lastly, Can I take a taxi directly from the airport to Deira area?. If yes, I would appreciate to have a knowledge about the price. Thanks.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
michaelcu: Hello House, I want to purchase my ticket tomorrow..and would like to choose either Friday/Saturday as departure date, but as a first time traveler..does it matter that I choose weekend(very busy days at the port I guess)?, or I should rather wait till Monday a new week?. Considering dealing with immigration officials and stuff.
Also, Is it advisable that I make my hotel reservation from Nigeria?. Lastly, Can I take a taxi directly from the airport to Deira area?. If yes, I would appreciate to have a knowledge about the price. Thanks.

1. The day you choose to travel does not really matter, you will still have to deal with immigration/customs/ndlea & other security apparatus in the airport.

2. Yes, hotel reservation is a must or else be prepared to give gala, Mr Biggs, suya, black,blue and brown envelops + ragolis water to all the security agents you will meet in every post/counter. cheesy grin cheesy

3. Yes, taxi price might be between 50 to 70 dhs or more, depending on the kind of taxi you take, most of the taxi's in the UAE are metered.

4. Are you coming via Emirates airline or Etihad, if Emirates- destination is dubai, and if etihad- destination is abu-dabhi before heading to dubai by bus.

Goodluck and wish you safe arrival.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Billyjim: 6:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
i am thinkin of booking just 30 days for hotel reservation but i intend to come back by jan23 which will is 2 months. hope my big bros at airport wil not use an avenue to extort me.

1. The day you choose to travel does not really matter, you will still have to deal with immigration/customs/ndlea & other security apparatus in the airport.

2. Yes, hotel reservation is a must or else be prepared to give gala, Mr Biggs, suya, black,blue and brown envelops + ragolis water to all the security agents you will meet in every post/counter. cheesy grin cheesy

3. Yes, taxi price might be between 50 to 70 dhs or more, depending on the kind of taxi you take, most of the taxi's in the UAE are metered.

4. Are you coming via Emirates airline or Etihad, if Emirates- destination is dubai, and if etihad- destination is abu-dabhi before heading to dubai by bus.

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
Billyjim: i am thinkin of booking just 30 days for hotel reservation but i intend to come back by jan23 which will is 2 months. hope my big bros at airport wil not use an avenue to extort me.

Not necessary; you should be fine with 5 to 7days or maximum 14days, just be very brief when responding to questions as a first time traveller, and dont be scared of them, they are human beings like you, if they sense you are afraid/scared/nervous, then you have indirectly shot yourself on the foot and you now give them the opportunity to pull you aside and ask for MR biggs & Suya... cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Billyjim: 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
how can i book on HRS without paying

Not necessary; you should be fine with 5 to 7days or maximum 14days, just be very brief when responding to questions as a first time traveller, and dont be scared of them, they are human beings like you, if they sense you are afraid/scared/nervous, then you have indirectly shot yourself on the foot and you now give them the opportunity to pull you aside and ask for MR biggs & Suya... cheesy grin cheesy
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
Billyjim: how can i book on HRS without paying

Go to the website and input your details,it is not difficult, l have used it and it works without payment,but, l dont have the time to walk you through all the details, if you cannot get around it, then use tripadvisor.com or expatwoman.com.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2013
Wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a happy prosperous new year
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Billyjim: 12:04am On Nov 20, 2013

Hmmm................l hope what they are telling you is correct,because it smells like a scam to me, beside, if it is genuine, it shouldn't take more than 1 day to rectify the mistake,but, l do have my reservations, there are so many scams going on with the so called employment visa, l wish you luck though.
@iqwe with my experience, am 150% sure that khalid's friend is lyin to him, that was how those ppl started durin my time and the correction wil not made in two months time. My advise to khalid is that dnt give them any money again. The next mission wil be to drain ur pocket so u wont av means to come down to dubai in oda to get them arrested. I had similar experience. It happens to me few months ago.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 12:28am On Nov 20, 2013
@billyjim... just to add to what the igwe had said... when going through our airport here..compose your self well. dont say more than what they ask you. as long as you have 1k dollars (minimal) as your BTA, and a paper/document to show that you 've booked for a hotel reservation. shikena! you are good to go. as a law abiding citizen of nigeria, you 've every right to go through our internation airport to other destinations of the world...as long as you 're nt with any illegal substance. * no shaking bro.*
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 12:33am On Nov 20, 2013
ken1982: Wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a happy prosperous new year
bro, it's been a while. how are you sir ? e be like say you don get your target for the year, abi ? * christmas and new year in november !! you didn't even put "in advance" to it. lolzzzz
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 3:34am On Nov 20, 2013
Billyjim: i am thinkin of booking just 30 days for hotel reservation but i intend to come back by jan23 which will is 2 months. hope my big bros at airport wil not use an avenue to extort me.

Booking for 30days is much to me. What about when you eventually get to the hotel and you like something about it, how do you intend to change? So it is advisable you book for a week or two, dont worry it wont be any problem with the immigration.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 3:57am On Nov 20, 2013
michaelcu: Hello House, I want to purchase my ticket tomorrow..and would like to choose either Friday/Saturday as departure date, but as a first time traveler..does it matter that I choose weekend(very busy days at the port I guess)?, or I should rather wait till Monday a new week?. Considering dealing with immigration officials and stuff.

You can book your ticket for any day. Even if you travel by midnight the immigration officials are fully on ground. So you cant jump and pass them...As a first time traveller they MUST request money from you, so I will advice you to carry some niara notes like 3k and split them in 200 or 500naira notes because if you are loaded with only dollars, then you should be ready to make them smile with your dollars. When I think of those immigration officials,I just get pissed.. Where they would stamp your passport is where all the extorting and delay occurs the most. A guy behind me when I flew to dubai then paid 300dollars all through because he had just dollars and they insisted on taking dollars. It was so very annoying and inconsiderate. But thats MMIA for you so get ready. The taxies are metered so you can see the price when you reach your destination.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:34am On Nov 20, 2013
Billyjim: @iqwe with my experience, am 150% sure that khalid's friend is lyin to him, that was how those ppl started durin my time and the correction wil not made in two months time. My advise to khalid is that dnt give them any money again. The next mission wil be to drain ur pocket so u wont av means to come down to dubai in oda to get them arrested. I had similar experience. It happens to me few months ago.

Well; lets hope things work out well for him,but, the whole arrangement seems not too clear to me, more especially as Khalid is not the one dealing with the company,so many scams going on as regard the direct employment visa and l will not recommend it to any one, it is better you are physically on ground to negotiate and do things yourself, so many immigrant arrive with the so called employment visa and are short-changed when they want to sign the offer letter, so it is in your best interest to know all the terms & conditions of your contract than doing it through a third party.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:43am On Nov 20, 2013
henrimoto: @billyjim... just to add to what the igwe had said... when going through our airport here..compose your self well. dont say more than what they ask you. as long as you have 1k dollars (minimal) as your BTA, and a paper/document to show that you 've booked for a hotel reservation. shikena! you are good to go. as a law abiding citizen of nigeria, you 've every right to go through our internation airport to other destinations of the world...as long as you 're nt with any illegal substance. * no shaking bro.*

Very correct, the immigration and other security apparatus work on peoples nervousness & fears especially first timers, once you are able to hold your ground and defend yourself properly, l see no reason why you shouldn't scale through, so many guys went through the process without giving a dime, personal comportment and your ability to respond to their questions intelligently should do the work, but, sometimes first timers seem to be nervous facing immigration with the multitude of questions been thrown at them and hence they fumble and it results to either money been given to enable you continue your trip.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 20, 2013

Thanks for the response boss, I really appreciate that. So I could easily find an hotel in Deira online, then make a 7days booking preferably right?. And can I tell the immigration officials that my purpose of traveling is for pleasure and for business, that I intend to purchase laptops and gold jewelries to resell here in Nigeria..is that enough reason?.

Lastly, After my ticket purchase this morning I have just $600 left as BTA...will that be an issue?...I mean can they deny me based on that?. Though I will be receiving more than $3000 by the 5th of December, but I can't wait till then because the visa would have expired. Please kindly advise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.