Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (661325 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 20, 2013
justi4jesu:

You can book your ticket for any day. Even if you travel by midnight the immigration officials are fully on ground. So you cant jump and pass them...As a first time traveller they MUST request money from you, so I will advice you to carry some niara notes like 3k and split them in 200 or 500naira notes because if you are loaded with only dollars, then you should be ready to make them smile with your dollars. When I think of those immigration officials,I just get pissed.. Where they would stamp your passport is where all the extorting and delay occurs the most. A guy behind me when I flew to dubai then paid 300dollars all through because he had just dollars and they insisted on taking dollars. It was so very annoying and inconsiderate. But thats MMIA for you so get ready. The taxies are metered so you can see the price when you reach your destination.

OK Thanks I will ensure I go with naira notes. So the MMIA officers are the only problem..what about the Dubai Immigration at the point of entry?.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 20, 2013
michaelcu:

Thanks for the response boss, I really appreciate that. So I could easily find an hotel in Deira online, then make a 7days booking preferably right?. And can I tell the immigration officials that my purpose of traveling is for pleasure and for business, that I intend to purchase laptops and gold jewelries to resell here in Nigeria..is that enough reason?.

Lastly, After my ticket purchase this morning I have just $600 left as BTA...will that be an issue?...I mean can they deny me based on that?. Though I will be receiving more than $3000 by the 5th of December, but I can't wait till then because the visa would have expired. Please kindly advise.

1.Yes, you can find a hotel in deira online and make your 7days booking, secondly, what you stated above as your purpose of travelling is a valid reason and on point.

2. $600 BTA shouldn't be an issue, except they want to really drill you, but, $1000 should have been preferable, you might as well tell them that you do have money in your master/visa card which you intend withdrawing on arrival as you dont want to carry too much cash.

3. You dont have any problem with the immigration on arrival in the UAE, even if they do ask you questions, tell them the same thing you told the Nigeria immigration ,besides, this issue has been addressed several times in the thread, why dont you take time and read backwards.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 10:08am On Nov 20, 2013
michaelcu:

Thanks for the response boss, I really appreciate that. So I could easily find an hotel in Deira online, then make a 7days booking preferably right?. And can I tell the immigration officials that my purpose of traveling is for pleasure and for business, that I intend to purchase laptops and gold jewelries to resell here in Nigeria..is that enough reason?.

Lastly, After my ticket purchase this morning I have just $600 left as BTA...will that be an issue?...I mean can they deny me based on that?. Though I will be receiving more than $3000 by the 5th of December, but I can't wait till then because the visa would have expired. Please kindly advise.

The money is reasonable but just let them know that's not all you have as BTA.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 10:15am On Nov 20, 2013
michaelcu:

OK Thanks I will ensure I go with naira notes. So the MMIA officers are the only problem..what about the Dubai Immigration at the point of entry?.

Yes they are the only problem..inshort MMIA are the passenger extorters when travelling... Dubai immigration dont have your time, just be with your valid visa and tickets that's all...your luggages wont be physically handled and scattered like in MMIA.. just go for your eye scan and claim your luggages from the conveyor belt. You can get your sim card at the airport there and you are good to go.

Let me dont say much because you will see the difference between our MMIA airport and Dubai or other airports.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
@ogapaktapakta hi....and everybody in d house...I Have not been able to get a visiting visa and I was worndering...What amount of days Will I need to exit n renew visa if I com in with tourist visa....I just don't want to deal with agents cos dy r all dubious to me
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 12:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
Also henrimoto I greet u o
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
@ken1982...........l don't understand your question?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by finecheek12: 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
@justi dearie plz can I ve ur email addy wil lik to send u a mail
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @ken1982...........l don't understand your question?

If I choose to use d one month tourist visa to arrive dubai...How long Will it take to get a new one after it expires
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
ken1982:

If I choose to use d one month tourist visa to arrive dubai...How long Will it take to get a new one after it expires

l think you can get another 1 month after it expires as long as it is not the extendable one, but, find out from the airline or UAE immigration, l do know that if you arrive with the 1 month extendable visa and it expires, you MUST wait for another 30 days to re-apply again.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 2:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
finecheek12: @justi dearie plz can I ve ur email addy wil lik to send u a mail

Sorry cant post it here. You sent me a naira land notification and i have acknowledged it. So check your mail you should have gotten my reply by now.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 4:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
No give up...Decide and print out lots of cvs and walk in to any where you can walk in and drop your cv at the HR desk...prepare you ears for any place and drop and keep dropping,you might get an interview and remember to always put your NG number cos after the interview and you happen to be lucky.they might call you.
nodawa: hello my people
still searching for work oooooo
still have ten days more
I think Igwe is very busy at work cos we've not seen and justi4jesu
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
i did not pay a dime at MMIA first time to Ajman and neither did i have hotel reservation self.i just deh chooke face deh friendly deh chooke face deg friendly say walahi.nothing deh and d tactics worked...i had dollars to spend in my wallet and the remaining N4k after drinking loads of beer at the lounge dere and i even missed the flight cos i got drunk and slept off.but paid 100 usd next morning and retrived my bags from the basement and did not pay a kobo but they can demand ehn.no be airport be dat out airport..and left for ajman dat morning.a still drink again to clear face before we left self.NA D 3 K weh remain i take enta cab go hotel wen i come back NG.
ogakpatakpata: .

Very correct, the immigration and other security apparatus work on peoples nervousness & fears especially first timers, once you are able to hold your ground and defend yourself properly, l see no reason why you shouldn't scale through, so many guys went through the process without giving a dime, personal comportment and your ability to respond to their questions intelligently should do the work, but, sometimes first timers seem to be nervous facing immigration with the multitude of questions been thrown at them and hence they fumble and it results to either money been given to enable you continue your trip.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
seangy4konji: i did not pay a dime at MMIA first time to Ajman and neither did i have hotel reservation self.i just deh chooke face deh friendly deh chooke face deg friendly say walahi.nothing deh and d tactics worked...i had dollars to spend in my wallet and the remaining N4k after drinking loads of beer at the lounge dere and i even missed the flight cos i got drunk and slept off.but paid 100 usd next morning and retrived my bags from the basement and did not pay a kobo but they can demand ehn.no be airport be dat out airport..and left for ajman dat morning.a still drink again to clear face before we left self.NA D 3 K weh remain i take enta cab go hotel wen i come back NG.

grin cheesy grin ;good to hear that, same with me, l always stand my ground in all my trips abroad, l dont know what is wrong with the immigration & all security apparatus in our airports, the exploitation,harassment and intimidation of Nigerians is rather unfortunate and sad, l hope they can overhaul the entire system to comply with international best practices, but, like we all know, the way me, you and several others might get away without giving a dime, might not be so with so many first timers, so it is good they have all this options to avoid embarrassment.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by yemterry(m): 5:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
Please I applied for dubai visa 2ru my agent since nov 2 he told me its nt ready dat due to my age he ommited some documents which he suppose add he said he's waiting for confirmation is dat real cos am fed up
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
@yemeterry............be patient with whoever is assisting you with the visa, he might be correct, some forumites also called me during the week to seek my opinion, and they seem to have the same challenge, although, the visa normally take between 5 to 7days to be issued from the UAE ,but, sometimes due to administrative bottle necks, proper screening of applicants, visa quotas from different organisations applying for visa and several other challenges, some tour agencies, airlines and companies are not able to get it within the stipulated period, patience should be your buzz word here. Goodluck
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
yemterry: Please I applied for dubai visa 2ru my agent since nov 2 he told me its nt ready dat due to my age he ommited some documents which he suppose add he said he's waiting for confirmation is dat real cos am fed up

It is real and happens in most cases. So just relax and your visa will be out like he has said unless otherwise. Dont be fed up...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by dapelua(m): 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2013
yemterry: Please I applied for dubai visa 2ru my agent since nov 2 he told me its nt ready dat due to my age he ommited some documents which he suppose add he said he's waiting for confirmation is dat real cos am fed up
be patient..bcus me apply on nov 4 nd my visa cum out on tuesday...wen i call etihad office to ask..y my visa delay, dey told me dat many pple apply for visa dats y.....so it may cum out b4 friday......
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
ogakpatakpata: .

l think you can get another 1 month after it expires as long as it is not the extendable one, but, find out from the airline or UAE immigration, l do know that if you arrive with the 1 month extendable visa and it expires, you MUST wait for another 30 days to re-apply again.

Ogapaktapakta sorry i dont have much data hence my delay in replying....going bak to out discussion....how long will it take me to renew the visa...not visit visa o...tourist visa...how long will it take to rrnew it after i have exit at the required time
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ogapaktapakta sorry i dont have much data hence my delay in replying....going bak to out discussion....how long will it take me to renew the visa...not visit visa o...tourist visa...how long will it take to rrnew it after i have exit at the required time[quote author=ken1982].

@ken1982

You are mixing things up, you dont re-new a tourist visa once the visa elapses,but, you can make a fresh application, renewal of visa is ONLY done while you are within the borders of the UAE, and it is done 2 or 3 days before your visa expires,and it MUST be the extendable visa and not tourist visa. Again, once you are outside the territory of the UAE, you can now apply for a fresh visa............hmmm.............ken1982.........it means you are not reading this thread very well, we have addressed this question countless times, take time to read, especially as you are planning to commit your savings/investment into travelling.

Notice: you cannot re-new a tourist visa,once you exit out of the country, you can make a fresh application for another visa,but, confirm from the airline how long it will take you to make a fresh application because the law keeps changing every now and then.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ken1982: 8:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ogapaktapakta...thank you...really i also wanted to ask if there is an etihad office at airport in lagos and anybody u know there i could do an extendable visa with
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by finecheek12: 10:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
@justi na wa o! No mail from you! Guess u don't ve my time, jst needed ur attention on somthin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by PHILINDUKWE: 1:15am On Nov 21, 2013
Pls @justi4jusu i need ur help and advise but dnt no how to contact u cox am new here. pls i wnt to enquire some thing concerning my UAE visa pls help through my email emydon28@yahoo.com thanks and GODbless as u reply me
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:44am On Nov 21, 2013
@ken1982..............Etihad has an office within the airport, l have nobody for now to recommend to assist you, some of their staff who are my friends seems to be busy now with visa applications from several clients, so go to their office and apply for visa, you already have their contact details.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:08am On Nov 21, 2013
finecheek12: @justi na wa o! No mail from you! Guess u don't ve my time, jst needed ur attention on somthin

My dear dont feel that way..I told you I saw your email from Nairaland and I replied it, unfortunately maybe you didnt get it. I will re-send it now and also check your spam.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:13am On Nov 21, 2013
PHILINDUKWE: Pls @justi4jusu i need ur help and advise but dnt no how to contact u cox am new here. pls i wnt to enquire some thing concerning my UAE visa pls help through my email emydon28@yahoo.com thanks and GODbless as u reply me

What do you want to enquire?. This thread is already a handout for you or maybe you feel reluctant to read from pages 1 to the end. Everything I would tell you in private has already been posted here on the thread or if you have any additional issue bothering you, then you can post it here and I will reply as soon as I can.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 9:42am On Nov 21, 2013
PHILINDUKWE: Pls @justi4jusu i need ur help and advise but dnt no how to contact u cox am new here. pls i wnt to enquire some thing concerning my UAE visa pls help through my email emydon28@yahoo.com thanks and GODbless as u reply me

You guys should be careful ooo. My Justi is taken (not for granted) by me
so should you need any info just ask on here and get the best advice from everyone !

SHALOM
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by PHILINDUKWE: 10:53am On Nov 21, 2013
Ok @ justi4jesu with olevel certificate can some get good work @UAE becox my junior brother is disturbing me that he want to go and work there advise me and the type of visa he need to av for such thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 21, 2013
@PHILINDUKWE.................take your time and read backwards,just like what has been suggested to you already, the thread is loaded, your questions have been answered several times in the forum, it pays to read, and that is what the thread is all about.Enjoy a robust reading to avoid making serious mistakes.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Ogarj(m): 11:20am On Nov 21, 2013
@ogakpatata plz is age a factor wen applyin 4 1 month Visa?

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 21, 2013
Ogarj: @ogakpatata plz is age a factor wen applyin 4 1 month Visa?

By UAE law, yes, but, it can be waived aside if your contact person knows how to go about it, besides, read backwards, it is in the thread, it is to your advantage to read this thread than asking same questions that has been thrashed on a daily basis, it makes the thread unnecessarily long. Enjoy a robust reading.

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.