Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,726 members, 7,831,303 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (660715 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 19, 2013
@namqul.............. my camels are resting very well in the desert, they are been looked after by a veterinary Doctor...lol.. cheesy, thanks, hope your day and week went well?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 10:34am On Dec 19, 2013
igwee, i noticed something. Is like flight fee to the uae is high during the months of december and january. compared to the month of febuary.. Can you say anything about this ?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 10:35am On Dec 19, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @nattybanta.................be patient; you will get it as long as you meet their requirements.
Make dem no dull my spirit cos I see my self in my dream inside of Burj Al Arab on christmas day. And frm all I know Burj Al Arab is in DUBAI and not PORT HARCOURT CITY. grin grin angry grin

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 19, 2013
henrimoto: igwee, i noticed something. Is like flight fee to the uae is high during the months of december and january. compared to the month of febuary.. Can you say anything about this ?

Yes; it is called ""high season"' because of the festive celebration, as more people travel to connect with family and loved ones, so most airlines cash on this rush hour to maximize profits.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 10:49am On Dec 19, 2013
namqul: @ ogapaktapata and henrimoto i really appreciate what both of u are doing on dis site, @ ogapaktapata gud morning sir how ur new camels? Hop dey are fine? @ henrimoto d grand comedian of d federal republic of d niger(GCFR)dont worry u will soon bench gbenga adeyinka d first, @ dr dre keep d gud work rolling God is ur strength. My house is just 30naira keke napep to femi shrine so singing kalakuta will not b d problem lol
namqul-namqul...lolzzz last man standing! Hope you cool ? ( see henrimoto with americana english! Lolzzz. Who dash monkey banana?) awon temi ni idi-oro/ empire connection!!! Lolzzz @dr.dre.. You know naw!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 11:07am On Dec 19, 2013
nattybanta:
Make dem no dull my spirit cos I see my self in my dream inside of Burj Al Arab on christmas day. And frm all I know Burj Al Arab is in DUBAI and not PORT HARCOURT CITY. grin grin angry grin
eyahhh! Duncan mighty's brother. You must be port harcourt's second son then... Very nice.. Which of the rumuos' do you rep ? Hope you ent reside close to the mile one market ? @igwee... Igwe and dr. Dre see my people them!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 11:17am On Dec 19, 2013
I rep RUMUOLUMENI abeg @my ogas @ the emirates. What currencies do the ATM machines in dubai despense? USD or AED
henrimoto: eyahhh! Duncan mighty's brother. You must be port harcourt's second son then... Very nice.. Which of the rumuos' do you rep ? Hope you ent reside close to the mile one market ? @igwee... Igwe and dr. Dre see my people them!
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 19, 2013
nattybanta: I rep RUMUOLUMENI abeg @my ogas @ the emirates. What currencies do the ATM machines in dubai despense? USD or AED

l know it dispenses dirhams, l am not sure of the US dollars , except maybe they have selected machines that does that.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2013
ogakpatakpata: .

l know it dispenses dirhams, l am not sure of the US dollars , except maybe they have selected machines that does that.
I was told by my account officer dat I can witdraw money from my naira account any where in d world using my master card. Dos dat apply to UAE too? Cos I don't wannna carry cash and den find out that I can't use money on my master card
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 19, 2013
nattybanta: I was told by my account officer dat I can witdraw money from my naira account any where in d world using my master card. Dos dat apply to UAE too? Cos I don't wannna carry cash and den find out that I can't use money on my master card

Yes; but it will dispense dirhams and not naira, we have addressed this issue before in the thread, if you choose to do the ATM level, below is what my friend paid when he used UBA Africard:

Amount withdrawn: 2000AED

Atm charges: #1,600 naira.

For every 2000AED the charges was #1,600 naira,in my opinion, it does not make economic sense, do the maths yourself, l will suggest you hold your money in US dollars, arrive and convert it to dirhams, that is the standard procedure with so many immigrants to the UAE,but, if you prefer to go with what your account officer told you, the choice is yours. Good luck.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 12:04pm On Dec 19, 2013
The card option might be a better option cos changing Naira to Dollar here is a serious business 1 dollar - 175 naira instead of 159naira den geting to the UAE. And still converting to AED I guess the Loss would be more dan 1600naira. just an analytic suggestion

Yes; but it will dispense dirhams and not naira, we have address this issue before in the thread, if you choose to do the ATM level, below is what my friend paid when he used UBA Africard:

Amount withdrawn: 2000AED

Atm charges: #1,600 naira.

For every 2000AED the charges was #1,600 naira,in my opinion, it does not make economic sense, do the maths yourself, l will suggest you hold your money in US dollars, arrive and convert it to dirhams, that is the standard procedure with so many immigrants to the UAE,but, if you prefer to go with what your account officer told you, the choice is yours. Good luck.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 19, 2013
nattybanta: The card option might be a better option cos changing Naira to Dollar here is a serious business 1 dollar - 175 naira instead of 159naira den geting to the UAE. And still converting to AED I guess the Loss would be more dan 1600naira. just an analytic suggestion

Okay, do whatever you are comfortable with.Wish you all the best.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 12:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
henrimoto: namqul-namqul...lolzzz last man standing! Hope you cool ? ( see henrimoto with americana english! Lolzzz. Who dash monkey banana?) awon temi ni idi-oro/ empire connection!!! Lolzzz @dr.dre.. You know naw!
ahhh ahhhh mr henri omo mushin olosha olosha
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 12:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @namqul.............. my camels are resting very well in the desert, they are been looked after by a veterinary Doctor...lol.. cheesy, thanks, hope your day and week went well?
thanks sir my day is fantastic and my week is unique unlike last week wey malaria 1 kill me. Atlast i tank God am a KONKAROR still hop on 2 15 in u a e
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by FBICIA(m): 12:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
@igwe and herimoto
Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 19, 2013
namqul: thanks sir my day is fantastic and my week is unique unlike last week wey malaria 1 kill me. Atlast i tank God am a KONKAROR still hop on 2 15 in u a e

@Namqul

Good to hear that you recovered from your flu attack, like l told you several times, keep your hope and faith alive, tough times never last but tough people do, as long as you don't give up, as long as you don't quit, as long as you keep/have a mental picture of your future, and as long as you tell your sub-conscious mind that you will succeed despite all the contradictory/negative situation around you, then your CREATOR will release all the grace you need to succeed and be a high flyer on planet earth, don't give up, ""SEE YOU AT THE TOP"".
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
@FBI/CIA...........you are always welcome. Cheers.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 1:31pm On Dec 19, 2013
namqul: ahhh ahhhh mr henri omo mushin olosha olosha
hahahaha.... Namqul!!!! Omo musin! Ehennnnn! What were you looking for @ empire!!!!! ? Lolzzz You go night- banking, abi you went to price night-market ni ? Lolzzzz
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 1:43pm On Dec 19, 2013

@Namqul

Good to hear that you recovered from your flu attack, like l told you several times, keep your hope and faith alive, tough times never last but tough people do, as long as you don't give up, as long as you don't quit, as long as you keep/have a mental picture of your future, and as long as you tell your sub-conscious mind that you will succeed despite all the contradictory/negative situation around you, then your CREATOR will release all the grace you needed to succeed and be a high flyer on planet earth, don't give up, ""SEE YOU AT THE TOP"".
igweee, when should we be expecting your book on motivation to greatness?? How about title like this "
" flying high without parachute" lolzzzzzzz or flying accross mountain and oceans without parachute" lolzzz. Doc. Dre, aunty justi4jesu,monchou... What do you guys think ? Lolzz
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
henrimoto: igweee, when should we be expecting your book on motivation to greatness?? How about title like this "
" flying high without parachute" lolzzzzzzz or flying accross mountain and oceans without parachute" lolzzz. Doc. Dre, aunty justi4jesu,monchou... What do you guys think ? Lolzz

Hmmm............will keep the house informed when l am ready to publish my book, but, the title been suggested by you is fine, it might not carry the regular motivational titles in the market already,will be more of a very simple book for everyone to read and understand. Thanks for your comments.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by bigm101(m): 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
**yawing ** # whew!
.... Yesterday , Wednesday 18th, I woke up early around 5:30 am . I prayed to God and went back to bed . I later woke up around 7:45 am . I went out to the black market to change some naira to dollars . I got back home around 9 : 00 am . I was full of anxiety and at the same time fear . I quickly jumped into the shower and had my bath . I remembered I have flight to catch at 1:30 pm . I quickly jumped into the car. I didn't let my sister drive( she is a perfect driver but she won't speed much like I want ).
I drove from Abeokuta to Lagos ( 50 mins ) thank God no traffic at mowe/ibafo or redemption camp . I was heading to Oshodi and to get to ikeja ( airport ). I already ate rice but rushed it . I started developing a running stomach. I had to branch at a restaurant along Oshodi to poo-poo. I got back in the car and headed to airport . I got to airport around 11:45 am. There was a pong queue at the Ethiopian airline stand ( a lot ). I quickly joined the queue but the Ethiopian staff called the people traveling to Dubai to come forward , we ain't much though and I was checked in and I got my boarding pass . I passed through customs . They pleaded for egunje and I smiled . I gave him 1,000 willingly and he appreciated . I got to the immigration . They were so full of themselves . They brought me into their office and questions me .. Like., what do you do for work ? Why are you going to Dubai ? How long are you staying ? What's the total amount of money you traveling with ? I answered them all and they still requested that I show my BTA which I did , and he let me go.
I later headed to gate D-44 where I will board the flight . Like I said , we were much and it was so so scary. ( I had hope it was gonna be a big plane ).. So, the flight was announced 3 pm afternoon and we boarded .. We got to Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) around 11 pm their time . So, I connect my other flight and continue my journey to Dubai . I got to Dubai around 5 am in the morning . It was a cool flight and thank God . I took a taxi directly to Daira( blue diamond hotel ).. I checked in (7am-7pm) shared ( 2 people ) myself and a Nigerian man . He came for shopping . It cost 100 AED . I even bargain to 80 AED and the red- head Indian boy no gree ...I showered and had a nice sleep . I got up and grabbed something to eat . The hotel has got wifi and I'm using it with my Iphone .
The first thing that struck to my mind was to get on Nairaland and share my experience after calling my family and love ones at home . It was really a nice experience and I didn't really mean to bore you with my long words but I must really appreciate each and everyone that contributed on this forum . Just exactly as you guys have said. That's how it is.. No lie or doubt about it .. I really appreciate the likes of Ogakpatakpata , justi4jesu, Mr henrimot, Dr Dre , and a lot that I can't mention .. God continue to bless you .. I'm checking out tomorrow and moving into a shared accommodation . I ought to have checked out but I wanna enjoy my money over night and sleep ( lol)... Please , if anyone got links to cheap share accommodation , and most especially , jobs link .. PLEASE , HELP A BROTHER..
Thank you all
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by DrDre1(m): 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
@ Ogakpatakpata
What are u waiting for? U go wait tire o grin cheesy tongue

@ Henrimoto and Namq
Abeg what is going on here? Maybe I should call oga Justwise before u guys start talking of weed in here grin

@ Bigm
Congratulations. Welcome to the Gulf region. May GOD bless ur sojourn in a foreign land

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
@bigM101 thanks and you have really had your 1st experience of dubai. Since you stayed at blue diamond am sure you must have had semovita and egusi or vegetable soup in dolphin guest house...lol

Have you gotten your accommodation yet?

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hugochris: 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
bigm101: **yawing ** # whew!
.... Yesterday , Wednesday 18th, I woke up early around 5:30 am . I prayed to God and went back to bed . I later woke up around 7:45 am . I went out to the black market to change some naira to dollars . I got back home around 9 : 00 am . I was full of anxiety and at the same time fear . I quickly jumped into the shower and had my bath . I remembered I have flight to catch at 1:30 pm . I quickly jumped into the car. I didn't let my sister drive( she is a perfect driver but she won't speed much like I want ).
I drove from Abeokuta to Lagos ( 50 mitns ) thank God no traffic at mowe/ibafo or redemption camp . I was heading to Oshodi and to get to ikeja ( airport ). I already ate rice but rushed it . I started developing a running stomach. I had to branch at a restaurant along Oshodi to poo-poo. I got back in the car and headed to airport . I got to airport around 11:45 am. There was a pong queue at the Ethiopian airline stand ( a lot ). I quickly joined the queue but the Ethiopian staff called the people traveling to Dubai to come forward , we ain't much though and I was checked in and I got my boarding pass . I passed through customs . They pleaded for egunje and I smiled . I gave him 1,000 willingly and he appreciated . I got to the immigration . They were so full of themselves . They brought me into their office and questions me .. Like., what do you do for work ? Why are you going to Dubai ? How long are you staying ? What's the total amount of money you traveling with ? I answered them all and they still requested that I show my BTA which I did , and he let me go.
I later headed to gate D-44 where I will board the flight . Like I said , we were much and it was so so scary. ( I had hope it was gonna be a big plane ).. So, the flight was announced 3 pm afternoon and we boarded .. We got to Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) around 11 pm their time . So, I connect my other flight and continue my journey to Dubai . I got to Dubai around 5 am in the morning . It was a cool flight and thank God . I took a taxi directly to Daira( blue diamond hotel ).. I checked in (7am-7pm) shared ( 2 people ) myself and a Nigerian man . He came for shopping . It cost 100 AED . I even bargain to 80 AED and the red- head Indian boy no gree ...I showered and had a nice sleep . I got up and grabbed something to eat . The hotel has got wifi and I'm using it with my Iphone .
The first thing that struck to my mind was to get on Nairaland and share my experience after calling my family and love ones at home . It was really a nice experience and I didn't really mean to bore you with my long words but I must really appreciate each and everyone that contributed on this forum . Just exactly as you guys have said. That's how it is.. No lie or doubt about it .. I really appreciate the likes of Ogakpatakpata , justi4jesu, Mr henrimot, Dr Dre , and a lot that I can't mention .. God continue to bless you .. I'm checking out tomorrow and moving into a shared accommodation . I ought to have checked out but I wanna enjoy my money over night and sleep ( lol)... Please , if anyone got links to cheap share accommodation , and most especially , jobs link .. PLEASE , HELP A BROTHER..
Thank you all

This is what I call testimony of glory...
Brother you already on the road of success
The hour is very near you are with your employment visa,with good work pay
I no say u no go forget to share am here grin grin

Good news @ oga..igweee
@ justi4jesu ..d only Lolo
@ henrimoto...titled comedian
@ Dr dre.....qater doctor
This thread is d best..more palm wine ,yam and no falling from camels
angry grin grin

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Hogan007: 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
Azerbaijan................................. grin
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by nattybanta(m): 8:33pm On Dec 19, 2013
@ BigM101 congratulations. As God allow u get to this stage, I believe ur second name na favour.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Kofo92: 10:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hello house, i'm a silent follower of dis tread bt i wud be glad if d ause cn help me on how to get 2mnths uae visa without patronizing so called AGENT...any help pls
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by omobabaon: 11:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
Helllo my fellow nairalanders in dubai.pls I'm nw workin on my expandable 2mnt visa here in nigeria n I wil like to get d contact of nairalanders in dubai dat I can hook up wit intance of accomodation.pls I wil pay any amount u requsted for.looking forward to hear from you or you can giv me a caLl on ds phn no. 070698455558.oluwaseun
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 11:55pm On Dec 19, 2013

Hmmm............will keep the house informed when l am ready to publish my book, but, the title been suggested by you is fine, it might not carry the regular motivational titles in the market already,will be more of a very simple book for everyone to read and understand. Thanks for your comments.
igwee, dont forget the true stories and experiences of people that never say die !! in their journey to greatness. i really understand how tight scheduled and busy you are, but you can still put something down bit by bit. the experience is worthy and fullfiling! you cant imagine the no. of great minds that would be impacted with your wisdom and personality. i really need to read books/speechs from you. @bigm101.... congratulations mo mehn! so happy for youuu. o'boy! so, this is how you left mowe and their hectic traffic issues. wait a minute !.... where did you tell the immigration officers that you work ? lolzzz.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Ovap: 5:04am On Dec 20, 2013
Please,how much is one-way ticket to Dubai as at dis festive period? Pls,state d airline. Thank u
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:18am On Dec 20, 2013
Ovap: Please,how much is one-way ticket to Dubai as at dis festive period? Pls,state d airline. Thank u

If you are coming with a visit visa it is not possible to book a one way ticket. Except if you are coming with an employment visa. Return ticket as at yesterday with etihad is 3,640 dirhams and one way 3,000 dirhams. No much difference from a return ticket with a one way ticket on all airlines.

One way ticket for etihad on the 24th from Lagos (Los) to Abu dhabi (AUH) costs $1,704 that is 270,000naira.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by bigm101(m): 5:22am On Dec 20, 2013
@ henrimoto: I couldn't believe it at all . The mowe road was free and no traffic .. Hmmm, I have a youth organization and I showed him my ID ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (401)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.