Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone (34248 Views)

As An Etisalat Internet Subscriber U Should Do This / How To Root Your Java Phone And Start Minimizing / Root Your Andriod Phones Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Debeloved87(m): 9:09am On Feb 21, 2013
Hw far Guy..pls tell me, can i root my samsung galaxy S, GT-i9220 (china model) or upgrade it and make it to be an android. The phone seems to have potentials, but i just cant figure it out. there was atime it shows an android icon while switching off by itself due to flat battery while i was browsing...can anything be done on it.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by FKO1(m): 12:19pm On Feb 21, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Your g2 can still be rooted and upgraded to jelly bean. It's up to you to bring it to me to get the job done
no Hope man,u Dy lagos i dy warri.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by FKO1(m): 12:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
Debeloved87: Hw far Guy..pls tell me, can i root my samsung galaxy S, GT-i9220 (china model) or upgrade it and make it to be an android. The phone seems to have potentials, but i just cant figure it out. there was atime it shows an android icon while switching off by itself due to flat battery while i was browsing...can anything be done on it.
lol
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Debeloved87(m): 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
F.K.O:
lol
...,wel am still waiting for the HOLLASYD response
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by kulex2k1(m): 3:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
Debeloved87: Hw far Guy..pls tell me, can i root my samsung galaxy S, GT-i9220 (china model) or upgrade it and make it to be an android. The phone seems to have potentials, but i just cant figure it out. there was atime it shows an android icon while switching off by itself due to flat battery while i was browsing...can anything be done on it.

A PC wont even recognise the phone...... and ur talking rooting! bro no hope.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 4:34pm On Feb 21, 2013
Yes galaxy s can be rooted. You confuse me a bit on the GT 19220. There is a China clone of the galaxy note GT 19220 plus which is a 5.3 MT6577 galaxy note(China clone) its also rootable Ive dropped the guide on rooting this China clone here in Nairaland but I can't trace the thread.
Pls confirm that your GT-I9220 MT6577 is running android at the moment by going to the settings, scroll down to About phone and confirm Os type.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 4:37pm On Feb 21, 2013
Then there is another clone of this device which is the main chinko. Hope say no be that one shocked cus pc can't even recognize that type of device like they said here grin
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by kulex2k1(m): 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
HOLLASLYD: Then there is another clone of this device which is the main chinko. Hope say no be that one shocked cus pc can't even recognize that type of device like they said here grin

My point to exactly!!!!!
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Debeloved87(m): 6:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
HOLLASLYD: Then there is another clone of this device which is the main chinko. Hope say no be that one shocked cus pc can't even recognize that type of device like they said here grin
thanks for your reply, i will check and get back to you
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Debeloved87(m): 7:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Yes galaxy s can be rooted. You confuse me a bit on the GT 19220. There is a China clone of the galaxy note GT 19220 plus which is a 5.3 MT6577 galaxy note(China clone) its also rootable Ive dropped the guide on rooting this China clone here in Nairaland but I can't trace the thread.
Pls confirm that your GT-I9220 MT6577 is running android at the moment by going to the settings, scroll down to About phone and confirm Os type.
Alright guy, i tried to check the phone type by going to the settings but didnt find anything that looks like that, then i plug it to my system then connect it as MTK storage (one of the pop-up menu of connection of the phone to the laptop) then i was able to view everything about the phone i.e its properties which is
manufacturer : MediaTeck Inc
firmware version : MTK 2.0
i was able to see lot of files like that...that seems to make up the whole packaging of the phone...what do you say
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Francheezy(m): 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2013
e b lyk say na d real chico cl0nE b dat
Na im b dat
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 12:04am On Feb 22, 2013
Debeloved87: Alright guy, i tried to check the phone type by going to the settings but didnt find anything that looks like that, then i plug it to my system then connect it as MTK storage (one of the pop-up menu of connection of the phone to the laptop) then i was able to view everything about the phone i.e its properties which is
manufacturer : MediaTeck Inc
firmware version : MTK 2.0
i was able to see lot of files like that...that seems to make up the whole packaging of the phone...what do you say
Am sorry Mehn its not an android phone I can't be of help to you on this one.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
U can't cus g2 has no official ics stock rom. It will only be done through a custom recovery after rooting the device.

thanks once again. How do i go abt d upgrade to ICS?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 12:19am On Feb 24, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Your welcome
Thank you for helping to root my phone the other day. Please, how do I move apps on the phone to the SD card as it is not highlighted on my phone.

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by 4peace(m): 5:54am On Feb 24, 2013
luluosas:
Thank you for helping to root my phone the other day. Please, how do I move apps on the phone to the SD card as it is not highlighted on my phone.

look for link2sd in playstore

it is free it will do a decent job of moving for you

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 6:28am On Feb 24, 2013
4peace:

Thanks a lot. I will check it out now.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 6:41am On Feb 24, 2013
4peace:

Thank you so much. I'm am very impressed with your kind advice. My data are now moving to the SD card.

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 6:39pm On Feb 24, 2013
luluosas:
I can see your question has been answered
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Darklite(m): 7:25am On Feb 25, 2013
sup guyz,pls how do I root my HTC sensation xe or probably upgrade to jellybean
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by bizzlemie(m): 9:38am On Feb 25, 2013
Yo, I nid ur help in rooting my sgs2 running on JB (Spain version XWLSD). Would rily appreciate ur response. Thanks
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 12:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
Darklite: sup guyz,pls how do I root my HTC sensation xe or probably upgrade to jellybean
Follow [url=forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1870233]THIS XDA GUIDE[/url]
If you can't get it done, get it to me with your token
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 12:32pm On Feb 25, 2013
bizzlemie: Yo, I nid ur help in rooting my sgs2 running on JB (Spain version XWLSD). Would rily appreciate ur response. Thanks
Hope you have a lappi and and odin 1.85,
Now download [url=d-h.st/hcS]root package[/url] for sgs2 on XWLSD baseband.
Flash with odin
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by kulex2k1(m): 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2013
I just upgraded my galaxy tab 2 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly ROM, which came out a few days ago. And its really cool totally diff feel from jelly been 4.1.1. U all shud try it out
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
I can see your question has been answered
Yes. Thank you.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by frgy1: 3:55am On Feb 27, 2013
@HOLLASLYD
Could you please tell me if it's possible to upgrade a galaxy s duos to jellybean in Nigeria without rooting
If yes, how?
Thanks
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 12:50pm On Feb 27, 2013
frgy_: @HOLLASLYD
Could you please tell me if it's possible to upgrade a galaxy s duos to jellybean in Nigeria without rooting
If yes, how?
Thanks
Nope
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 1:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
What for an official update from Samsung soon
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by frgy1: 3:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
HOLLASLYD: What for an official update from Samsung soon
HOLLASLYD:
Nope
Ok thanks
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Debeloved87(m): 6:52am On Feb 28, 2013
Someone pls help me o, am going to sound naive here o since am just new to all this classic phones with android platforms and others, pls i wil like to know the meaning of UNLOCK and FLASH, especially FLASH. The first time i came a bit close to unlock was when i bought my airtel modem but now i have unlock it so i can use any simcard for the modem instead of airtel, but is it desame with phones, is it that those phones that needs unlock comes with special simcard that must be use with it, well if so what of FLASH. The first time i heard or saw it, i was like well whats wrong with me picking up my phone and flash your phone....mteww... hahaha, but i was wrong...so pls whats the meaning of FLASH o...
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:25am On Mar 01, 2013
Debeloved87: Someone pls help me o, am going to sound naive here o since am just new to all this classic phones with android platforms and others, pls i wil like to know the meaning of UNLOCK and FLASH, especially FLASH. The first time i came a bit close to unlock was when i bought my airtel modem but now i have unlock it so i can use any simcard for the modem instead of airtel, but is it desame with phones, is it that those phones that needs unlock comes with special simcard that must be use with it, well if so what of FLASH. The first time i heard or saw it, i was like well whats wrong with me picking up my phone and flash your phone....mteww... hahaha, but i was wrong...so pls whats the meaning of FLASH o...
UNLOCK means to disable the device locked to a particular carrier network
FLASH means to load a particular type of os unto the device using pc. Either for upgrades or when your current operation system crashed beyound restor
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:25am On Mar 01, 2013
Debeloved87: Someone pls help me o, am going to sound naive here o since am just new to all this classic phones with android platforms and others, pls i wil like to know the meaning of UNLOCK and FLASH, especially FLASH. The first time i came a bit close to unlock was when i bought my airtel modem but now i have unlock it so i can use any simcard for the modem instead of airtel, but is it desame with phones, is it that those phones that needs unlock comes with special simcard that must be use with it, well if so what of FLASH. The first time i heard or saw it, i was like well whats wrong with me picking up my phone and flash your phone....mteww... hahaha, but i was wrong...so pls whats the meaning of FLASH o...
FLASH means to load a particular type of os unto the device using pc. Either for upgrades or when your current operation system crashed beyound restore
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Debeloved87(m): 7:44am On Mar 01, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
FLASH means to load a particular type of os unto the device using pc. Either for upgrades or when your current operation system crashed beyound restore
thanks...now i understand what FLASH means

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? / How To Unlock MTN Sm@rt Mini S620 Dual SIM Android Phones / Samsung Galaxy S6's Earphones [Pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.