Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone (34251 Views)

As An Etisalat Internet Subscriber U Should Do This / How To Root Your Java Phone And Start Minimizing / Root Your Andriod Phones Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by shosky1794: 8:20am On Apr 06, 2013
Please i need help. I just rooted my Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos and I've installed link2SD to move apps to my SD cards. But i still the problem of insufficient space on my internal memory. I learnt that i have to partition my SD card then install a2sd & swapper to be able to increase the size of my internal memory.
Please i just help on the step by step process i will take increase the size of my internal memory(in plain language, please). I don't even know how to do the partitioning. I will appreciate an urgent help from you guys. Thank you.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by IdeeEsperanza(m): 10:37am On Apr 06, 2013
I just acquired samsung galaxy grand duos. Is it adviseable to root it?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 1:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
shosky1794: Please i need help. I just rooted my Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos and I've installed link2SD to move apps to my SD cards. But i still the problem of insufficient space on my internal memory. I learnt that i have to partition my SD card then install a2sd & swapper to be able to increase the size of my internal memory.
Please i just help on the step by step process i will take increase the size of my internal memory(in plain language, please). I don't even know how to do the partitioning. I will appreciate an urgent help from you guys. Thank you.
Yep partition works but I dont support it. Am sorry I can't tutor on what I dont support. Try the tecno n3 HD games thread. I 5hink the tutor us there and a lot of peeps willing to tutor you on that
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by ikare(m): 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2013
Still can't root my xperia mini pro. can anyone help pls?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by samnex(m): 11:15am On Apr 10, 2013
pls ooooooooo somebody help me on how to root my tecno D5
am tired of this low space issue
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by haibe(m): 3:24pm On Apr 10, 2013
I thought rooting an android device voids the warranty the phone
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 11:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
ikare: Still can't root my xperia mini pro. can anyone help pls?
WhT did u do?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 12:03am On Apr 12, 2013
samnex: pls ooooooooo somebody help me on how to root my tecno D5
am tired of this low space issue
No hope
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Dayco(m): 12:33am On Apr 12, 2013
Nice thread.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 1:44am On Apr 12, 2013
haibe: I thought rooting an android device voids the warranty the phone
Yes. Here in nigeria, who needs warantee

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by bola4love: 5:30am On Apr 13, 2013
I just get Samsung galaxy note Gt-i9220 but I think is China and is working with 1 sim and is browsing but dnt Ave opera on it...d browser is work...how can I knw if is andriod if it can be root and work with andriod app...b'cos I c something like java app on it... Plz any one to help me plz
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by haibe(m): 6:28am On Apr 13, 2013
bola4love: I just get Samsung galaxy note Gt-i9220 but I think is China and is working with 1 sim and is browsing but dnt Ave opera on it...d browser is work...how can I knw if is andriod if it can be root and work with andriod app...b'cos I c something like java app on it... Plz any one to help me plz

Do you have an app called playstore on it?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by bola4love: 8:30am On Apr 13, 2013
No I dnt Ave play store in it
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 10:59am On Apr 13, 2013
bola4love: No I dnt Ave play store in it
galaxy notes are named with GT-N
what u simply have is china its no where an android phone since u aint got playstore or market
just to satisfy you question, goto settings, scroll down to about device. that will determine if its android or not
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by bola4love: 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2013
There's no any abt there
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by haibe(m): 3:03am On Apr 14, 2013
idee.esperanza:
I just acquired samsung galaxy grand duos. Is it adviseable to root it?

Just acquired a grand duos too but scared of losing warantee by rooting it., by the way what sd card ard you using?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by haibe(m): 3:09am On Apr 14, 2013
Is it possible to transfer apps to sd card using a computer?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:58am On Apr 14, 2013
Yep
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by haibe(m): 11:47am On Apr 14, 2013
HOLLASLYD: Yep

But will it still work fine even though the directory has been changed to sd card?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 12:30pm On Apr 14, 2013
haibe:

But will it still work fine even though the directory has been changed to sd card?
galaxy grand comes with a 4gb storage drive partitioned into two. 2gb for Rom and 2gb for user apps and as hard drive. If u move cached apps to sd, it wont work cus the sdcard is mounted as extsdcard
THe solution is to change the vold.fstab script to mount the extsdcard as hard drive then the current sdcard to becomes extsdcard

In simply explanation, you grand needs to be rooted first to enable swapping the primary memory storage and secondary memory storage.
After rooting, ur device can be tricked to allow your current sdcard to become the hardrive. So if u copy things into the sdcard, it will work.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Akunobor: 5:19pm On Apr 14, 2013
Plz can some 1 help me, I bought an HTC desire just to realize that the earpiece is not working.when ever I have a call I can hear my caller but my caller can't hear me. That is 1, 2.the phone internal memory is small that I can't download any apps bigger than 20mb from marketplace. They say it can be root. I need somebody to help me on how I can root the phone.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by haibe(m): 9:37pm On Apr 14, 2013
HOLLASLYD: galaxy grand comes with a 4gb storage drive partitioned into two. 2gb for Rom and 2gb for user apps and as hard drive. If u move cached apps to sd, it wont work cus the sdcard is mounted as extsdcard
THe solution is to change the vold.fstab script to mount the extsdcard as hard drive then the current sdcard to becomes extsdcard

In simply explanation, you grand needs to be rooted first to enable swapping the primary memory storage After rooting, ur device can be tricked to allow your current sdcard to become the hardrive. So if u copy things into the sdcard, it will work.

So pls how do I do this? Thanks
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by ikare(m): 10:19pm On Apr 14, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
WhT did u do?
i got a guide from android devices abt using doomlord's method. i have also tried using superone click method.both don't give any result
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 8:22am On Apr 15, 2013
haibe:

So pls how do I do this? Thanks
Flip back pages I posted how to root grand. If u can't do it yourself, get it to me with ya token simple
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 12:30pm On Apr 15, 2013
ikare:
i got a guide from android devices abt using doomlord's method. i have also tried using superone click method.both don't give any result
This is a perfect guide to root ya phone http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1568792
Follow in details, u will get it done

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by haibe(m): 2:40pm On Apr 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Flip back pages I posted how to root grand. If u can't do it yourself, get it to me with ya token simple

Whats your definition of token?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Gadgetmobil(m): 9:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
@ Holla Pls I don't receive alerts when my emails drop. I however receive alerts when my WhatsApp msg drops. Pls what could be he cause
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:11am On Apr 16, 2013
haibe:

Whats your definition of token?
You will have to appreciate the time taken to do it for you as an experienced professional by feeding my pocket
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:17am On Apr 16, 2013
Gadgetmobil: @ Holla Pls I don't receive alerts when my emails drop. I however receive alerts when my WhatsApp msg drops. Pls what could be he cause
Pls this is a rooting and upgrading thread. I don't want to deviate from it.
Am sorry I won't answer more of this question

Open your mailbox,
Goto settings,
Mark Email notifications
You will start to recieve the push notifications
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by johndwayy(m): 12:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
pls can I root my tecno n7? if yes, how do I go abt it, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

How To Unlock MTN Sm@rt Mini S620 Dual SIM Android Phones / Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? / Samsung Galaxy S6's Earphones [Pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.