Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone (34244 Views)

As An Etisalat Internet Subscriber U Should Do This / How To Root Your Java Phone And Start Minimizing / Root Your Andriod Phones Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 4:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
hold volume up + home button + power button or
hold volume down + home button + power button. try it
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 5:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD: hold volume up + home button + power button or
hold volume down + home button + power button. try it
This is what shows up now when I hold Volumeup + Home button + Power button:
1. Android system recovery <3e>
2. Android system recovery utility
3. reboot system now - this is the only place that is highlighted
4. apply update from sdcard
5. wipe data/factory reset
6. wipe cache partition

Multi_CSC : comm_so
multicsc : src /system/csc/ECT/system/ .

So, should I clicked on the 'reboot system now'

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 5:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
^^^^^^^^^
@HOLLASLYD If you are still around, I need you to confirm this please.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
luluosas: ^^^^^^^^^
@HOLLASLYD If you are still around, I need you to confirm this please.
that is the recovery. select apply update from sdcard, locate the update.zip where u saved it on sdcard and confirm installation. after that, press back, reboot your device and enjoy
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2013
Somebody help me please. I don't want to do something wrong that I will regret at last.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 5:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
that is the recovery. select apply update from sdcard, locate the update.zip where u saved it on sdcard and confirm installation. after that, press back, reboot your device and enjoy
Done. It is starting up now. Thank you so much.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 5:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
Now, it is up and everything I have is intact. So, what next can I do? Please, don't be offended as I am new to Android system (smart system).
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 6:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
luluosas: Now, it is up and everything I have is intact. So, what next can I do? Please, don't be offended as I am new to Android system (smart system).
check in your apps, u should have superuser app now. if u see it, ur phone is rooted. then enjoy a full control over your Droid by installing any app that requires root to run
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
check in your apps, u should have superuser app now. if u see it, ur phone is rooted. then enjoy a full control over your Droid by installing any app that requires root to run
Yes, it is there but, when I opened it,j it says no app in the list. Does that mean every app I will download from now will be stored there? I am sorry to boader you please. Thank you.

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by puskin: 7:28pm On Feb 15, 2013
luluosas:
Yes, it is there but, when I opened it,j it says no app in the list. Does that mean every app I will download from now will be stored there? I am sorry to boader you please. Thank you.

It only means that any app that wants to use the inner Android kernel will have to take permission from superuser..........meaning you will have to grant it permission. There is no app there because you have not granted any app permissions.

Apps like Droidwall, antivirus that have firewall etc require superuser permission before they can run effectively.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
luluosas:
all this means you are now rooted. congratulations. go ahead install apps that require root. before they start, they will require root access. in which superuser will prompt to grant or deny. as soon as you grant, the app will be listed in superuser app list.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by grimandevil: 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
hw can i root my t3?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 11:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
all this means you are now rooted. congratulations. go ahead install apps that require root. before they start, they will require root access. in which superuser will prompt to grant or deny. as soon as you grant, the app will be listed in superuser app list.
Thank you so very much for your patience. I am grateful for all your help in rooting the phone successfully.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by luluosas(m): 11:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
puskin:

It only means that any app that wants to use the inner Android kernel will have to take permission from superuser..........meaning you will have to grant it permission. There is no app there because you have not granted any app permissions.

Apps like Droidwall, antivirus that have firewall etc require superuser permission before they can run effectively.
OK. Thanks.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:01am On Feb 16, 2013
luluosas:
Thank you so very much for your patience. I am grateful for all your help in rooting the phone successfully.
Your welcome
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:06am On Feb 16, 2013
grim and evil: hw can i root my t3?
Visit the n3 forum its has been believed that the same method works for some people
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nice work, OP. Please is it possible to root a htc g2 to ICS?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
Pls how can I root my GS3 running 4.
1.2. Pls urgent response is appreciated Thanks
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by jamzy1(m): 5:10pm On Feb 18, 2013
can i root my Xperia also ( sony-erickson)
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 6:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
melojames: Nice work, OP. Please is it possible to root a htc g2 to ICS?
Yes. Even upgradable to jelly bean 4.2 after rooting. Problem is your capability of rooting. Must have a laptop to do that
jamzy1: can i root my Xperia also ( sony-erickson)
Yes and what model of xperia??
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 6:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
ollah1: Pls how can I root my GS3 running 4.
1.2. Pls urgent response is appreciated Thanks
Must have a lappi.
Download Samsung Kies first
Download [CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip
Download Odin 1.85

Install kies to be able to interact with the sgs3
Switch off ur phone and go to Download Mode on your phone. press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Run ODIN as Administrator and then connect the phone to ur lapi while in Download Mode.
If the phone is connected properly, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number.
Click the PDA tab in Odin and select the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar.
In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Do not touch any other options.
Click on the Start button in ODIN and it will start the installation process.
Once the installation is done, the phone will restart. When you see the home screen, you can unplug the phone from the lapi.

dont forget to like and say thanks.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by kulex2k1(m): 9:23am On Feb 19, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Must have a lappi.
Download Samsung Kies first
Download [CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip
Download Odin 1.85

Install kies to be able to interact with the sgs3
Switch off ur phone and go to Download Mode on your phone. press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Run ODIN as Administrator and then connect the phone to ur lapi while in Download Mode.
If the phone is connected properly, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number.
Click the PDA tab in Odin and select the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar.
In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Do not touch any other options.
Click on the Start button in ODIN and it will start the installation process.
Once the installation is done, the phone will restart. When you see the home screen, you can unplug the phone from the lapi.

dont forget to like and say thanks.

NOTE: Make sure SAMSUNG KIES is not running while rooting, it may brick ur PHONE or TAB.. my advice just install the usb driver only dats all u need.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Yes. Even upgradable to jelly bean 4.2 after rooting. Problem is your capability of rooting. Must have a laptop to do that
Yes and what model of xperia??

Thanks for the response. How can i upgrade the g2 to ICS via PC?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 5:35pm On Feb 19, 2013
kulex2k1:

NOTE: Make sure SAMSUNG KIES is not running while rooting, it may brick ur PHONE or TAB.. my advice just install the usb driver only dats all u need.
Oops I forgot to mention that once kies is done installing drivers, kies must be closed. I recommended keys cus the Samsung USB drivers is unable to determine drivers of newer Samsung Android devices. But kies got it all as it updates its database automatically
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2013
melojames:

Thanks for the response. How can i upgrade the g2 to ICS via PC?
U can't cus g2 has no official ics stock rom. It will only be done through a custom recovery after rooting the device.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Francheezy(m): 7:51pm On Feb 19, 2013
mehn...diz h0Llaslyd iz jst 2mch.

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 11:14am On Feb 20, 2013
Francheezy: mehn...diz h0Llaslyd iz jst 2mch.
grin na God o
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by FKO1(m): 4:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
HOLLASLYD pls how can root my htc g2 must i use lappy to do it ?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
F.K.O:
HOLLASLYD pls how can root my htc g2 must i use lappy to do it ?
Yes you must
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by FKO1(m): 10:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
mehn den na n3 fins
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:09am On Feb 21, 2013
F.K.O:
mehn den na n3 fins
Your g2 can still be rooted and upgraded to jelly bean. It's up to you to bring it to me to get the job done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? / How To Unlock MTN Sm@rt Mini S620 Dual SIM Android Phones / Samsung Galaxy S6's Earphones [Pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.