Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone (34245 Views)

As An Etisalat Internet Subscriber U Should Do This / How To Root Your Java Phone And Start Minimizing / Root Your Andriod Phones Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
wich custom rom is available for F7 A+?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2013
HOLLASLYD:

. Download [url=http://click.xda-developers.com/api/click?format=go&key=f0a7f91912ae2b52e0700f73990eb321&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D34215156&v=1&libId=65c45e24-3a45-4adf-b045-282adfddd5de&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ifile.ws%2Fx1iejr7sj3gb%2Fupdate.zip.html&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2284016&title=%5BROOT%5D%5BUNROOT%5D%5BCWM%5D%20Samsung%20Galaxy%20Y%20Duos%20GT-S6102%20%5BGUIDE%5D%20-%20Page%2020%20-%20xda-developers&txt=Download%20link%3Cbr%3E%0A&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13756456133858]update.zip [/url]
. Put Cupdate.zip in your sdcard root
. Reboot to recovery using 3 button combo (Home Key+Volume Up Key + Power Key)
. Select update from sdcard
. Chose the update.zip

I've been trying to download this on my phone, bros, and it just doesn't work. But I could download it on a computer. Should I transfer it from the computer to my phone and proceed from there?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 8:05am On Aug 13, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I've been trying to download this on my phone, bros, and it just doesn't work. But I could download it on a computer. Should I transfer it from the computer to my phone and proceed from there?
transfer to your sd card
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 13, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
transfer to your sd card

Ok. Thanks.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 14, 2013
Went through the whole thread.
Please could someone here help me with rooting my xperia arc s v2.3.4 and 4.0.2.A.0.62. I have googled it but they are kind of confusing. My internal memory is filled up, have moved all apps onto the sdcard but still the internal memory is low, can't download or update any thing on it. I really need this help.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 16, 2013
Darthmaul: Went through the whole thread.
Please could someone here help me with rooting my xperia arc s v2.3.4 and 4.0.2.A.0.62. I have googled it but they are kind of confusing. My internal memory is filled up, have moved all apps onto the sdcard but still the internal memory is low, can't download or update any thing on it. I really need this help.
still no help?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
Sorry have been away for a while
But am back to help
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
Darthmaul:
still no help?
Before you talk of rooting, have you unlocked the bootloaders on ya phone
The arc s got some issues with rooting so confirm the unlock of ya bootloaders let's proceed on how to flash a stock rooted tft on ya device.

Remember, if this process is too complex as well as you being unskilled to pull this off, meet with me with your token if you reside in Lagos let the boss do the job for you

Otherwise we proceed
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by dunmorris(m): 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
click on my profile click on d thread I createf
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by dunmorris(m): 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by indomitableoba(m): 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
Please I need your help.. Just got a new phone..I just
bricked my tecno M3 by installing a font...It now hangs on
the tecno logo... How do I get past this... How do I unbrick
it... Please help......thank you!!
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
@HOLLASLYD
@dunmorris
Thanks but it's been done. It was quite tedious getting the necessary info but I finally "rooted" it. Thanks again.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by spicyuzo(m): 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
indomitable_oba:
Please I need your help.. Just got a new phone..I just
bricked my tecno M3 by installing a font...It now hangs on
the tecno logo... How do I get past this... How do I unbrick
it... Please help......thank you!!
Never label a phone bricked if you still have interest of recovering it. The android Os is a wonderful platform with loads of possibilities. I have once resurrected an LG android phone that initially doesn't do anything when the power button is pressed... Finally your phone is just stuck at at boot-loop....simply google Tecno M3 stuck at boot logo that's if you want to retrieve your phone with your data....Esle boot into Recovery and perform a factory reset...Better still consult someone to help you with the process if you think you lack technical skills......Research and read...its always handy...Peace
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by kenny2osh(m): 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Head here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1307336 to root ya htc
There is no simple way to root ya device. If you are skilled, follow that guide, if you are too scared to try or rather unskilled, you know what to do.

lolz...ure so rite..am scared..i managed to unlock the bootloader nd since den no head way.....so hwfar d oda way...do u stay in lag
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 1:02am On Aug 23, 2013
kenny2osh:

lolz...ure so rite..am scared..i managed to unlock the bootloader nd since den no head way.....so hwfar d oda way...do u stay in lag
sure
catch me in trade fair by abulado underbridge.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by winniecool68: 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
Please I need help in rooting my gt - p7500
HOLLASLYD: [b]1
Performance, Performance, Performance:

Android is an absolutely awesome open source mobile OS for smartphones. The only problem is that with manufacturer’s own version of UI layered upon with bloatware, the performance of the phone could become sluggish, and thus ruining your phone usability. With every update of Android, the performance of the hardware just gets better and better. Rooting your phone and installing your own custom ROMs available online gives a new lease of life even to the first generation of Android Phones. And we are talking stuff like – New windows opening up faster, App menus loading faster and UIs being more responsive.

Hardware / Software Interaction:

Stock Android installations often tend to have bottlenecks when it comes to performance. With a rooted Android OS, this is removed and hence the performance is tweaked. Overclocking the processor is much easier, and even certain functionalities can be enabled which are not present in the default install – e.g. CPU and GPU overclock to boost performance, 3d acceleration and gaming.

Freedom:

Take for example my Android phone – Samsung Galaxy S duos. It came with Android 4.0.4 (or the ics), and I hate to wait for bloody ages to get the carriers upgrade it to jellybean. It will eventually be done, but I will have to wait for ages for the update. If I have my phone rooted, I could easily upgrade my phone with the readily available custom ROM.

Apps2SD:

One of the most important features that rooted phones support is that you can install Apps to the SD Card, instead of clogging up the phone memory. Although, the performance of apps which are installed on the SD card is a bit inferior to the ones on phone. This comes in very handy when you need to backup Apps, since most of the 1st and 2nd generation Android phones don’t come with a lot of internal memory.

Unavailable features:

With the root, features such as face unlock, google now and many more will surface through a custom rom update. also with the features of installing a custom recovery such as clockworkmod recovery to be able to backup your stock ROM for crashing days.

Multi-touch:

This is yet another major feature which is enabled by rooting your phone. ‘Nuff said. mostly for first generation android devices

WiFi and Bluetooth tethering:

With this functionality enabled, you can share your cellular data connectivity to be used by your PC/Laptop. There are several apps available which can assist you to establish a tethering connection, but these only work with rooted phones of the first generation android that lacks this feature.

Better keyboard:

Not that we don’t love what Samsung, or Moto or HTC have to offer – or any of the other paid apps offering keyboard layouts , but custom ROMS have their awesome input methods that make me go hmmm!and being able to delete stock keyboard and replace with any desired one

Apps from other builds:

The whole wide world of the Android market is your oyster. But also, you can get apps from Custom ROMs which are integrated from other builds – such as Switchers that can toggle WiFi connectivity, Bluetooth, GPS , Microsoft Exchange to support work mail, etc.etc. The list is endless. [Well, not endless really, but you know what I mean).

Because you can:

The most ultimate reason. Because you are the BOSS. It’s your phone which you paid your hard earned money for. And you are not letting the shitty default installation ruin the experience for you.[/b]

you can contact me on rooting and upgrading any android device. just view my signature below.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 11:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
winniecool68: Please I need help in rooting my gt - p7500
You need to flash twrp recovery then flash su binaries through it
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Kulest08(m): 7:24am On Aug 27, 2013
@HOLLASLYD,is yur phne S duos GT 7652? If it is pls i need help on rooting d fne
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by brightonyewuchi: 6:55am On Aug 31, 2013
Am using the techno phantom,plz do I still need to root my phone and if yes how do I do that.
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by abudenor: 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
guys pls i need to root my trekstor surftab breeze 7.0. i've been searching but no way.
HELP PLS
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by mekulonaire(m): 3:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
pls I wanna root my infinix raceboltQ x451 any hlp
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by tosin2013: 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
Pls I av a tecno M7. Aw do I root it?
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
HOLLASLYD: [b]1
Performance, Performance, Performance:

Android is an absolutely awesome open source mobile OS for smartphones. The only problem is that with manufacturer’s own version of UI layered upon with bloatware, the performance of the phone could become sluggish, and thus ruining your phone usability. With every update of Android, the performance of the hardware just gets better and better. Rooting your phone and installing your own custom ROMs available online gives a new lease of life even to the first generation of Android Phones. And we are talking stuff like – New windows opening up faster, App menus loading faster and UIs being more responsive.

Hardware / Software Interaction:

Stock Android installations often tend to have bottlenecks when it comes to performance. With a rooted Android OS, this is removed and hence the performance is tweaked. Overclocking the processor is much easier, and even certain functionalities can be enabled which are not present in the default install – e.g. CPU and GPU overclock to boost performance, 3d acceleration and gaming.

Freedom:

Take for example my Android phone – Samsung Galaxy S duos. It came with Android 4.0.4 (or the ics), and I hate to wait for bloody ages to get the carriers upgrade it to jellybean. It will eventually be done, but I will have to wait for ages for the update. If I have my phone rooted, I could easily upgrade my phone with the readily available custom ROM.

Apps2SD:

One of the most important features that rooted phones support is that you can install Apps to the SD Card, instead of clogging up the phone memory. Although, the performance of apps which are installed on the SD card is a bit inferior to the ones on phone. This comes in very handy when you need to backup Apps, since most of the 1st and 2nd generation Android phones don’t come with a lot of internal memory.

Unavailable features:

With the root, features such as face unlock, google now and many more will surface through a custom rom update. also with the features of installing a custom recovery such as clockworkmod recovery to be able to backup your stock ROM for crashing days.

Multi-touch:

This is yet another major feature which is enabled by rooting your phone. ‘Nuff said. mostly for first generation android devices

WiFi and Bluetooth tethering:

With this functionality enabled, you can share your cellular data connectivity to be used by your PC/Laptop. There are several apps available which can assist you to establish a tethering connection, but these only work with rooted phones of the first generation android that lacks this feature.

Better keyboard:

Not that we don’t love what Samsung, or Moto or HTC have to offer – or any of the other paid apps offering keyboard layouts , but custom ROMS have their awesome input methods that make me go hmmm!and being able to delete stock keyboard and replace with any desired one

Apps from other builds:

The whole wide world of the Android market is your oyster. But also, you can get apps from Custom ROMs which are integrated from other builds – such as Switchers that can toggle WiFi connectivity, Bluetooth, GPS , Microsoft Exchange to support work mail, etc.etc. The list is endless. [Well, not endless really, but you know what I mean).

Because you can:

The most ultimate reason. Because you are the BOSS. It’s your phone which you paid your hard earned money for. And you are not letting the shitty default installation ruin the experience for you.[/b]

you can contact me on rooting and upgrading any android device. just view my signature below.
pls what's the side effect/disadvantages of rooting
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 8:00am On Nov 05, 2013
abudenor: guys pls i need to root my trekstor surftab breeze 7.0. i've been searching but no way.
HELP PLS
Use eroot
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 8:00am On Nov 05, 2013
tosin2013: Pls I av a tecno M7. Aw do I root it?
Use eroot
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 8:02am On Nov 05, 2013
ceezonnifemi: pls what's the side effect/disadvantages of rooting
Your system files can be changed or overwritten. Stay away from system directly if you don't know what you are doing
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by pathology(m): 9:05am On Nov 05, 2013
pls I wish to root tecno a+, how do I go about it , I have less than 10mb on phone memory
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 8:00am On Nov 06, 2013
pathology: pls I wish to root tecno a+, how do I go about it , I have less than 10mb on phone memory
Use eroot
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by tosin2013: 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
Sorry my guy. But aw exactly do I use d eroot? Am a novice
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by HOLLASLYD(m): 3:47am On Nov 07, 2013
tosin2013: Sorry my guy. But aw exactly do I use d eroot? Am a novice
Google it
Download it
Run it
Connect your device to your PC
Click root
Done
Re: Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone by Shawnpp(m): 7:57am On Dec 16, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
Google it
Download it
Run it
Connect your device to your PC
Click root
Done
hi, pls how do l root my LG Optimus L4 II Dual E445 android phone? thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? / How To Unlock MTN Sm@rt Mini S620 Dual SIM Android Phones / Samsung Galaxy S6's Earphones [Pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.