Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran (22329 Views)

Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh / Does The Quran Permit Suicide? / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 7:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
Sagamite:

No!

You said there is some other way to look at things. And you insinuated I was ignorant.

So please highlight these possible other ways, you sure must have the knowledge to state such.

Please use this platform to enlighten me.

I wait.

WOw. You had nothing 'tangible' to add to the topic but you had to add anyway, hence your insults on the poster eh? I am letting that pass . Now to your question
Sagamite:

Why don't you demonstrate your fine knowledge and show me [b]in what 'sensible way' his comment can be looked at [/b]that does not make it illiterate.

Please take the pleasure, the fine, lovely, beautiful pleasure of showing me that I am ignorant.

I wait for this miracle.

I don't need to to go too far, all the other ways to look at it have been presented here.

my view earlier on-
deols:
In fact the younger you are the better your chances of learning anything because your brain cells are still multiplying and in their developmental stage. ever wondered why children pick up new languages better than adults

and the poster you quoted-

Babaji111: This is a clear sign that Quran is a miracle sent through our noble Prophet, Muhammad (SAW) and Allah (SWT) Has Powers over all things.

THe poster, babaji11 believes in God and as a Muslim,knows that everything is possible only because God decrees that it be. Even the most basic things that people do like walking, eating and drinking are by His knowledge. And when something beyond the ordinary occurs, it would have been by His power, decree or wisdom. In essence, he is right, by virtue of his beliefs and is versed(knowledgeable) of faith based interpretations enough to have directed all praises to the almighty who made this possible. In this case only an illiterate would see him as an illiterate for something that took considerable amount of literacy for him to deduce.

1 Like

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Sagamite(m): 8:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
deols:
WOw. You had nothing 'tangible' to add to the topic but you had to add anyway, hence your insults on the poster eh? I am letting that pass . Now to your question

I don't need to to go too far, all the other ways to look at it have been presented here.

my view earlier on-

and the poster you quoted-

THe poster, babaji11 believes in God and as a Muslim,knows that everything is possible only because God decrees that it be. Even the most basic things that people do like walking, eating and drinking are by His knowledge. And when something beyond the ordinary occurs, it would have been by His power, decree or wisdom. In essence, he is right, by virtue of his beliefs and is versed(knowledgeable) of faith based interpretations enough to have directed all praises to the almighty who made this possible. In this case only an illiterate would see him as an illiterate for something that took considerable amount of literacy for him to deduce.

So this is what you see as a 'tangible' contribution?

This is the level of your intellect?

This is what makes YOU "enlightented" and not ignorant?

As in REALLY?

To your "enlightened" self, it is literacy he used to deduce that a report that a child memorised something is a "clear evidence" of a miracle from a metaphysical being? grin grin grin grin grin

That is how you develop 'tangible' evidence in your moronic world?

What schools failed you to make you so steewpid to beat your chest that your reasoning, like that, is 'tangible', 'englightened' and 'literate'?
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 8:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
and still you failed to provide your literate view

it is still amazing that you can not reason it out that I am simply telling you that the op has a point from his belief in the metaphysical being.

I didn't call it clear. Nor can you disprove its clarity either.

You must be too carried away by your ability to insult that you fail to reason. Believe me, I'd be glad if your ability to insult makes you happy. just so you know, I'd be more affected if you can say something reasonable. Resulting to your 'stewpid' remarks can do no good at making you less of an illiterate. it further proves the point.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 8:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
You are confused and mixing things. You didnt have to post a comment but did anyway, proving nothing. How very educated of you.
Sagamite:

So this is what you see as a 'tangible' contribution?

I didnt call it a tangible contribution. I said there were different ways to look at it. this is op's and he has a point, based on his belief.

This is the level of your intellect?

This is what makes YOU "enlightented" and not ignorant?

As in REALLY?

what are you on about? you sound like a teenager.

To your "enlightened" self, it is literacy he used to deduce that a report that a child memorised something is a "clear evidence" of a miracle from a metaphysical being? grin grin grin grin grin

so you don't think that requires some level of education? whether formal or informal? You think he wakes up and gbam, started to think that way. It is in your illiterate mind that whatever you don't agree with is thrash. More enlightened people allow others air their views without insults even if they wouldn't believe them.

That is how you develop 'tangible' evidence in your moronic world?

I didn't call it that. and even then, it is. You are whatever you are, with the opportunity to have a conversation with me because Allah wills it so. I believe it, know it, affirm it and am never ashamed to say it. I doubt that you have anything you are so likewise sure of in your life.

What schools failed you to make you so steewpid to beat your chest that your reasoning, like that, is 'tangible', 'englightened' and 'literate'?
Don't you ever again make the mistake of thinking everyone had it your way.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Sagamite(m): 9:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
deols: and still you failed to provide your literate view

it is still amazing that you can not reason it out that I am simply telling you that the op has a point from his belief in the metaphysical being.

I didn't call it clear. Nor can you disprove its clarity either.

You must be too carried away by your ability to insult that you fail to reason. Believe me, I'd be glad if your ability to insult makes you happy. just so you know, I'd be more affected if you can say something reasonable. Resulting to your 'stewpid' remarks can do no good at making you less of an illiterate. it further proves the point.

I wanted to give you one or more chances to humiliate yourself before I gave my literate view.

That is how I am. I like toying with people that are intellectually stuck.

Trust me, I ALWAYS have an intellectually superior angle to issues and able to defend my position. My brain is the real miracle by Allah (SWT).

Now lets get to the tangible, literate reasoning provided by someone that is not ignorant.

First off, the news report states a 3 year old can recite the whole Quran. To a non-ignorant mind, one should already question this report because it appears impossible because that child would barely be able to speak at 3 years old. A child under 2 years old would hardly have a speech vocabulary of more than 30 words, so someone that believes a news report that a 3 year old can learn the whole quran in under 1 year (especially with Arabic not being the child's first language) must be a super gullible and an ignorant illiterate.

As one person already said the Qur'an has 114 chapters with 6,348 verses. It is NOT possible that a 3 year old growing up in an environment, where arabic is not the families everyday language, would learn that in one year, someone with a brain in their head and who is literate would realise that is pure sensationalism by some useless journalist. A 3 year old is barely forming sentences then and would not have a developed memory to cater for that. It is something people older would struggle to completely memorise.

Secondly, lets imagine in your ignorant world that it was possible, it is quite moronic for someone to state that its occurence is "a clear sign that Quran is a miracle".

The fact that a child can memorise all the pages of Oliver Twist is not a "clear sign" that the book is a miracle sent through Charles Dickens by Allah (SWT) to anyone that is literate. It might even be forgivable if you can say it is a sign, claiming it is a "clear sign" without any evidence makes one someone with low IQ.

The second point is the more powerful point of his illiteracy. Lack of evidence-based attribution.

Let those that are ignorant and illiterate learn to use their brains like that. Insha Allah!
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 9:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
Sagamite:

I wanted to give you one or more chances to humiliate yourself before I gave my literate view.

That is how I am. I like toying with people that are intellectually stuck.

Trust me, I ALWAYS have an intellectually superior angle to issues and able to defend my position. My brain is the real miracle by Allah (SWT).

oh really? let us see how much you fared?

First off, the news report states a 3 year old can recite the whole Quran. To a non-ignorant mind, one should already question this report because it appears impossible because that child would barely be able to speak at 3 years old. A child under 2 years old would hardly have a speech vocabulary of more than 30 words, so someone that believes a news report that a 3 year old can learn the whole quran in under 1 year (especially with Arabic not being the child's first language) must be a super gullible and an ignorant illiterate.

You still don't get it? You suffer from delusion of grandeur, a psychiatric disorder which unfortunately has kept ur ego over bloated. the fact that the child is said to recite at that age is exactly what makes the babaji111 refer to it as a miracle and point it towards a religious angle. You think you are smart but rather than stick to what this argument is about have been going all over the place. Let me remind you of what it is. babajii11 made a point to which u inferred that he was an illiterate. I made it clear to u that it didn't make him one. Now you post as if, I made those points. Read what my comments on the thread b4 u came on were.

first, I said this in response to someone who claimed it is impossible-
deols:

I dont know why people talk of things they have no knowledge of. How much research have you carried out to arrive at this conclusion?

In fact the younger you are the better your chances of learning anything because your brain cells are still multiplying and in their developmental stage. ever wondered why children pick up new languages better than adults

and to the comment below-

As one person already said the Qur'an has 114 chapters with 6,348 verses. It is NOT possible that a 3 year old growing up in an environment, where arabic is not the families everyday language, would learn that in one year, someone with a brain in their head and who is literate would realise that is pure sensationalism by some useless journalist. A 3 year old is barely forming sentences then and would not have a developed memory to cater for that. It is something people older would struggle to completely memorise.

It is not impossible. Someone did mention a boy of 7yrs who could carry out surgeries in India. This is a boy who didn't have prior knowledge of anatomy(which takes an adult who graduated high school with really high grades three years to learn without mastering it entirely), of pharmacology, surgical skills, etc. That is a MIRACLE and very very possible to happen if God wants it to. You could go blind, dead and start limping from tomorrow onwards, if God wants it and would come off as a miracle if an MRI can prove nothing wrong with you.

Secondly, lets imagine in your ignorant world that it was possible, it is quite moronic for someone to state that its occurence is "a clear sign that Quran is a miracle".

Why not. You keep proving yourself wrong. What My initial statement on it is, still holds. It depends so much on who is defining what. and you do not hold the key to what constitutes it or not. In my book, for not understanding/ knowing the basics of faith, you are an ILLITERATE, whether you agree to it or not. sounds fair enough.

The fact that a child can memorise all the pages of Oliver Twist is not a "clear sign" that the book is a miracle sent through Charles Dickens by Allah (SWT) to anyone that is literate. It might even be forgivable if you can say it is a sign, claiming it is a "clear sign" without any evidence makes one someone with low IQ.

claiming that it is not a sign without evidence shows your low IQ.

and here's what I said about that-
deols:

All they have to do is continue to recite it to her hears. I am not saying it is true since I haven't seen her recite it. but never say never.

You need to also put into consideration that this is faith based. Prophet Adam knew what the angels didn't because Allah made it so.

kun fa yakun.

The second point is the more powerful point of his illiteracy. Lack of evidence-based attribution.

Goes both ways, don't you think? wink
Let those that are ignorant and illiterate learn to use their brains like that. Insha Allah!

Hopefully, Allah will help you learn smiley
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 10:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
You must have heard too much of those words-moronic, stoopid, etc I heard abused people try to abuse others. it must have been hard. pele.

It still doesn't stop you from being the biggest illiterate ever. let me prove it..You can breathe without a machine to your lungs-what a Miracle!
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 12:04am On Feb 18, 2013
lol.

deols: You must have heard too much of those words-moronic, stoopid, etc I heard abused people try to abuse others. it must have been hard. pele.

Sagamite is so fond of abusing those he argues with.
Frequently sounds so angry.... The guy tire pesin grin
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 12:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
ever heard of what they say of the mad man running naked in d market? if u run after him hoping to cover his shame, people would think two mad people are on the run.

astaghfirullah.

point of the matter is, wow! Allah is really merciful. A human being would have locked up d mad ones. But Allah gives them the opportunity to be sane by proving his majesty through his works like this little girl.

oops, I forgot. hell is certainly created for people.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by nagoma(m): 3:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
Sagamite: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The day you learn how to defend your position, then you can attempt confronting me again, otherwise never dare do that again. cheesy

But people believe that God will give them money ( prosperity) when they enrich their Pastors even with their last savings !
WhAt economic school teaches that kind of financial Management?
But faith is " believing in something even though commonsense tells you not to". You will not succeed in this argument.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Sagamite(m): 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
nagoma:

But people believe that God will give them money ( prosperity) when they enrich their Pastors even with their last savings !
WhAt economic school teaches that kind of financial Management?
But faith is " believing in something even though commonsense tells you not to". You will not succeed in this argument.

grin grin grin grin grin

Why do you think I would not succeed in this argument?
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by nagoma(m): 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin

Why do you think I would not succeed in this argument?

Because one of you has faith but the other deficient of it.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Sagamite(m): 3:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
nagoma:

Because one of you has faith but the other deficient of it.

And which of the two would win?

And why according to your opinion?

Also why did you bring the financial prosperity economics tori into the mix?
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by nagoma(m): 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
Sagamite:

Many examples of faith around. The one I gave is very familiar to all Nigerians and so obviously ridiculous .
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Sagamite(m): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
nagoma:

Many examples of faith around. The one I gave is very familiar to all Nigerians and so obviously ridiculous .

That does not answer my questions.

I will ask them again. Read carefully and answer appropriately, comprehensively and clearly.

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by nagoma(m): 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
Sagamite:
That does not answer my questions.
I will ask them again. Read carefully and answer appropriately, comprehensively and clearly.

I have answered your third question. The first 2 are a matter of opinion. In any case , I have work to do. I will pray for you to get a job too , it looks like you can teach at play school. ( as a graduate assistant).
I have faith, so my prayer will be answered. grin
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by ihsaann: 3:38pm On Dec 21, 2013
Did anyone bother reading this?: Please Observe The Following Rules: (skip)1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail or tribalize threads.2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.3. Don't advocate or encourage violent actions against any person, tribe, race, or group of people.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by dareabiola98(m): 12:14am On Dec 25, 2013
One thing is Sure...We've seen people who memorize in a year or less..mostly three years...this feet is achievable...but since we've not seen/heard the girl read it,its's imperative not to be hellbent on news we have not much knowledge of.But if she did Memorize it..may Allah reward her and the people around her.Salam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shortening The Prayer During A Journey / Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan? / 400 People Convert To Islam In Niger State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.