Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran (22325 Views)

Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh / Does The Quran Permit Suicide? / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by dragnet: 10:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
wazobia_for_u: I find it very hard to belief also but i have seen more than 10 guys that memorized the whole Quran when i was in university.

There are thousand(s) of people that know the whole Quran, just the age of this girl make me confused.

[s]One FACT - Quran is easy to memorize because it is in a rythmic/song way not the way we read Novela[/s]
That isn't true.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by 2busy: 10:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
sureteeboy: From http://alisina.org These stories are not true. Also,No child is born holding a Quran or a rosary in his or her hand as we heard in the news last year. These are lies Muslims concoct to promote their religion. They have been doing this since 1400 years. Islam cannot be proven with logic and facts. It is a very irrational faith and it is very easy to prove that it is false. So Muslims resort to their favorite trick, deception, to advance their faith. They shamelessly lie. You have to understand this and keep it in your mind any time youlisten to a Muslim preaching his faith, because they lie.
A few years ago many Internet blogs and even the media reported a child in an Islamic village in Russia whose skin reproduced the verses of the Quran. The benighted Muslims had no difficulty gobbling this claim. This was no miracle. The child had a skin disorder known as dermatographic urticarial .
A few days ago I received this video in the mail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9X5zkMWKzI&feature=g-vrec
As long as there are fools who believe in any nonsense, there will be people who will come forth with these fake miracles to grab attention. Isn’t it pathetic that a child can fool a television station and a whole nation? The reason is because Muslims want to be fooled.
There are thousands of such claims that Muslims make daily. They have no shame lying for their faith. In fact they believe lying is a good thing to promote Islam.
A couple of days ago someone asked me about another claimed miracle regarding the Pharaoh being mentioned in the Quran. Muslims claim that when in 1974 the mummified body of Ramses II was brought to Paris, because a fungus was causing its rapid degeneration, the scientists discovered salt in his lungs and someone pointed out the verse of the Quran that says after Pharaoh chased Moses he was drowned in the sea. However, inthe last moment he became a believer and Allah told him because you were a mischief-maker we are not going to save you but we will save your body so you may be a sign to those who come after you. (Quran 10:90-92).
The fact is that the Old Testamentdoes not say the Pharaoh’s body was saved to be a sign for the posterity. Exodus 14:28 says “And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them. Psalm 136:15 confirms that Pharaoh and his army were perished in the sea. The same confirmation ismade in Exodus 15:19.
Muslims claim that Muhammad knew something that the Bible had not mentioned, i.e., the body of Pharaoh was saved, so this proves the Quran is from God and this miracle caused the conversion of one of the scientists examining the mummy.
Just like all other miracles that Muslims claim this one is also a deception. Ramses II lived c. 1303 BC – 1213 BC. As for when Moses lived Jerome’s Chronicon (4th century) gives 1592 for the birth of Moses, the 17th-century Ussher chronology calculates 1619 BC (Annals of the World , 1658). Therefore, Ramses II and Moses were not contemporary.
Furthermore, Ramses II was not drowned in the sea. He lived to be 90 years old and as the autopsy of his mummy revealed he died of arthritis, a typical disease of the old age affecting people who eat too much meat and animal products and not enough fresh veggies. (Go vegan!) Consequently, the story stated in the Quran that the bodyof Pharaoh was saved after drowning cannot be true.
But why would Muhammad say such thing? He must have heardthe biblical story of the drowningof the Pharaoh and his men fromthe Christian preachers and the Jews many times. In those days people had no other book but the Bible and that is what they talked about all the time. However, Muhammad had also heard about the mummification of pharaohs from other storytellers. He thought pharaoh is the name of one king and so the only way he could reconcile these stories was to assume that Pharaoh’s body must have been saved after being drowned and then mummified. And why wouldhe body be saved? Well maybe because he finally became a believer. Thus our genius solved the puzzle.
This made sense to him, except for the fact that pharaoh is not a proper name. It is a title, like kingand president. An estimated 332 pharaohs ruled Egypt belonging to 30 dynasties. Assuming the Biblical narrative of the Red Sea opening and closing to drown the Pharaoh and his army is true,Ramses II could not have been that drowned Pharaoh.
If the story in the Bible is a myth, then the claims made in the Quran rehashing this myth are nonsense. If the story is true, the Quran is wrong because it contradicts the Bible and makes an unsubstantiated and false claim that the body of Pharaoh was saved.
All these errors in the Quran prove one thing and that is Muhammad was indeed an illiterate man.

"As for those who are bent upon denying (the truth), they would not believe because it is all the same to them whether you warn them or do not warn them" Q2 verse 6

If you will be unbiased and sincerely want to know the truth, find time, go with a camera and ask the little girl to read any part of the quran.
But i know you will not
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by BEDMON1900: 10:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
VERY VERY POSSIBLE,MY BROTHER HAS THE BEST RECORD IN SOUTH AFRICA,MEMORIZES THE QUR'AN FOR SIX MONTHS..

1 Like

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by vedaxcool(m): 11:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
Why is this news causing so much heartache to many? Does it weaken your faith in anyway? Smh! Memorizing ABCs is not bad but when a child memorizes the Qur'an it is very bad!
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by yomip3t(m): 11:31pm On Feb 13, 2013
tbaba1234: A few points to note..

1. This is not a strange occurrence for those doubting the authenticity of the story. There are other 3 year olds that have memorised the Quran. Most people who memorise the Quran do so before the age of 7.

Here's another 3 year old that has memorised the whole book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0rYUfKVD6k

Like Allah promises in the Quran: And We have indeed made the Qur'ân easy to understand and remember, then is there any one who will remember (or receive admonition)? (Surah 55:17)

The rhythmic style of the Quran certainly makes it easy to remember and memorize.

2. For those who would study the Quran in the future, memorizing it early is awesome. It makes it so much easier. I certainly wish i memorized more when i was younger.

3. You would only truly appreciate memorizing it early when you get older. Right now, it is far more difficult for me to memorize.

4. There is no book in the world that has been memorized in bits or parts by so many people. Many of these people do not even speak the language. This is a remarkable feat. There are people today that can trace their memorization back to the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). Allah promised to preserve His book and there is no doubt that it has been protected.

Thanks for posting this.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Issfat: 12:16am On Feb 14, 2013
HNosegbe:

The problem with "education" in this part of the world is undue emphasis on "memorization". What practical benefits will accrue to this young child or the society as a whole as a result of her memorizing the Quran? When will our young children ever be taught to think creatively? When will they be taught to SOLVE PROBLEMS?

U know solving of problems always start from a point. Memorization of AL-QURAN is not easy at all and once it is acquired. U will acheive all other educational levels wit ease and d sense of creativity will be much more expanded. This simply because d brain is already open for anything dat comes to it, it only depends on how it is used. Also we should remembeer that AL-QURAN is SHIFAWU the healing book. So any body dat mwmorize it is doing him oer herself an everlasting favour.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by WaliyinAllah(m): 1:05am On Feb 14, 2013
kemiola89: Wow!!! Feel so happy for her, a 3yr old baby memorize the whole quran, wen me never memorize yasin finish. Gotta work on that, so help me Allah.
keep praying 1day you wil become like he insha Allah.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by dapsonlou(m): 2:44am On Feb 14, 2013
If the allow this girl to go to school she might be a genius.. Hope they don't cheat her out of a good education
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by suladek4real(m): 7:07am On Feb 14, 2013
The story was relayed on NTA Newsline, its very true, the girl was shown reciting many verses byheart then. But the claim was that she had memorize last 10 Juzhu, which is one third & not d whole QUR'AN! But nothing is impossible b4 Almighty Allah. May Allah guide us & make us useful to his course.

1 Like

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Ilumire: 8:14am On Feb 14, 2013
There is also a great Opportunity for your kids to combine the Quran Memorisation with their secular education and achieve the two before they pass out from Primary/Basic 6 check the attached and join the train. The school Name is attanzeel Schools In Lagos. contact Numbers are: Director of Studies: 08054011779 or the Secretary Education Board: 08028768138, 07055891435

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by ghaniyu456: 8:30am On Feb 14, 2013
الله اكبر‎ may Allah bless the child & make my children to be so.‎
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by chinedukester(m): 9:56am On Feb 14, 2013
If she like let her recite the whole of the bible and quran at 6 months, the truth is that if she don't practice it,she is far from making heaven.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by femicousim: 11:12am On Feb 14, 2013
it might well be.
the parents of a person would be given crown of light on the day of resurrection
as for the advantage,if we were to rely on printed texts alone we risk overt or covert editing.so its a tradition in islam to preserve the scriptures off by heart as well.
any person that memorises the qur'an has a relative better retentive memory hence would rub off on such person in academic pursuit.bearing in mind that the brain itself is made of cells and just like muscle cells,it can be developed based on the task you subject it too.
I learnt Shaykh Yusuf Qaradawee said he didn't know when he memorised the qur'an,he just realised he had memorised it,a lot of the notable scholars also memorised qur'an at tender ages.
in the end there should be no "BEEF",nor reciprocating "BEEF"

1 Like

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Babaji111(m): 4:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
Allahu Akhbar! This is a clear sign that Quran is a miracle sent through our noble Prophet, Muhammad (SAW) and Allah (SWT) Has Powers over all things. Baarakallu fik, my three year old sister.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 14, 2013
deols:

I like people who are wise enough to ask questions.

why memorise?

The Qur'an has the quality of being the only book that has been passed down from generation to generation without any alteration. That is possible only because it is passed from mouth to mouth by memorisation.

It will still pass the test of time for the same reasons. If something happens and all of it get thrown into see water, the ones in our brains remain.

There are also benefits to it. The prophet says what means that anyone who memorises the Qur'an will help into aljannah 10 members of their family.
story
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 14, 2013
lekibraky: Allah himself says in the glorious quran that he has made the 'Quran easy to memorise'
their is no book on earth as voluminous as quran that can be memorised word for word
Allah is One and none like him i will be yoir servant forever Monsha Allah
more signs of end time
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
deols:

You don't have the gift of wisdom. How very unfortunate.

The child may not yet be able to GUVE a debate on Islamic affairs but defnitely has a better chance of doing so in the future.

memorising the Quran isnt the all in all but a very big step in the right direction.
u have wisdom
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
suladek4real: The story was relayed on NTA Newsline, its very true, the girl was shown reciting many verses byheart then. But the claim was that she had memorize last 10 Juzhu, which is one third & not d whole QUR'AN! But nothing is impossible b4 Almighty Allah. May Allah guide us & make us useful to his course.
which channel of nta
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 6:39pm On Feb 14, 2013
Movingcoil: which channel of nta

it was shown on newsline not long ago.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by FXKing2012(m): 7:47pm On Feb 14, 2013
Babaji111: Allahu Akhbar! This is a clear sign that Quran is a miracle sent through our noble Prophet, Muhammad (SAW) and Allah (SWT) Has Powers over all things. Baarakallu fik, my three year old sister.
Choi! *shakes head in disbelief*
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 14, 2013
deols:

it was shown on newsline not long ago.
4 nta gambia abi?
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Sagamite(m): 5:21pm On Feb 16, 2013
Babaji111: Allahu Akhbar! This is a clear sign that Quran is a miracle sent through our noble Prophet, Muhammad (SAW) and Allah (SWT) Has Powers over all things. Baarakallu fik, my three year old sister.

Illiteracy is a mental disease.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 6:12pm On Feb 16, 2013
Sagamite:

Illiteracy is a mental disease.

and that would be determined by who is defining what illiteracy is.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Sagamite(m): 6:22pm On Feb 16, 2013
deols:

and that would be determined by who is defining what illiteracy is.

So you think that is a sign of someone with a trained/developed mind?
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 6:54pm On Feb 16, 2013
Sagamite:

So you think that is a sign of someone with a trained/developed mind?

what does illiteracy mean?
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Sagamite(m): 7:04pm On Feb 16, 2013
deols:

what does illiteracy mean?

It is a generally accepted metonymy for behaviours exhibiting a dullard/an unthinking mind/a lower IQ/uncivilisation/barbarity/undiluted illogicality/ignorance/an underdeveloped mental faculty etc.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 8:17pm On Feb 16, 2013
Sagamite:

It is a generally accepted metonymy for behaviours exhibiting a dullard/an unthinking mind/a lower IQ/uncivilisation/barbarity/undiluted illogicality/ignorance/an underdeveloped mental faculty etc.

So much for a 'harmless' comment, but who knows undecided

speaking of ignorance, I actually don't see d poster as such. You could in Fact be called the ignorant one. There are two many ways to look at anything. Just like illiteracy could be defined as a metonymy so can it have a literal definition. A scientific approach/definition/view to something or a religious one to it. Your lack of understanding/ knowledge of faith-based interpretations to this, could be termed ignorant and you could by metonymy be another illiterate.

But just to have a different view to it, you may want to add your 'literate' view to the topic- A 3 yr old Nigerian Girl memorizes the Qur'an
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Sagamite(m): 8:21pm On Feb 16, 2013
deols:

So much for a 'harmless' comment, but who knows undecided

speaking of ignorance, I actually don't see d poster as such. You could in Fact be called the ignorant one. There are two many ways to look at anything. Just like illiteracy could be defined as a metonymy so can it have a literal definition. A scientific approach/definition/view to something or a religious one to it. Your lack of understanding/ knowledge of faith-based interpretations to this, could be termed ignorant and you could by metonymy be another illiterate.

But just to have a different view to it, you may want to add your 'literate' view to the topic- A 3 yr old Nigerian Girl memorizes the Qur'an

Why don't you demonstrate your fine knowledge and show me in what 'sensible way' his comment can be looked at that does not make it illiterate.

Please take the pleasure, the fine, lovely, beautiful pleasure of showing me that I am ignorant.

I wait for this miracle.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 8:42pm On Feb 16, 2013
Sagamite:

Why don't you demonstrate your fine knowledge and show me in what 'sensible way' his comment can be looked at that does not make it illiterate.

Please take the pleasure, the fine, lovely, beautiful pleasure of showing me that I am ignorant.

I wait for this miracle.

1. I didn't claim to have the knowledge.Still, I can actually take the pleasure of showing you your ignorance, but that would have to wait.

2.You called someone an illiterate. The onus is on you to prove it. So, like I previously asked, do give your literate view on the topic. there is no shame in not having one. Just say you don't and I'll go to no. 1
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Sagamite(m): 9:07pm On Feb 16, 2013
deols:

1. I didn't claim to have the knowledge.Still, I can actually take the pleasure of showing you your ignorance, but that would have to wait.

2.You called someone an illiterate. The onus is on you to prove it. So, like I previously asked, do give your literate view on the topic. there is no shame in not having one. Just say you don't and I'll go to no. 1

No!

You said there is some other way to look at things. And you insinuated I was ignorant.

So please highlight these possible other ways, you sure must have the knowledge to state such.

Please use this platform to enlighten me.

I wait.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“The Reasons For Divorce.” / Shortening The Prayer During A Journey / Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.