Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran (22326 Views)

Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh / Does The Quran Permit Suicide? / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by MadCow1: 12:59pm On Feb 13, 2013
sherfizle: The greatest book in the world is the Quran as it teaches and guides mankind in the right direction in this life and also prepares one for the hereafter.

90% of her memory card? funny as it shows how dumb you are. The brain is like a muscle that expands the more u use it.

"O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous - (21) [He] who made for you the earth a bed [spread out] and the sky a ceiling and sent down from the sky, rain and brought forth thereby fruits as provision for you. So do not attribute to Allah equals while you know [that there is nothing similar to Him]. (22) And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a surah the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah, if you should be truthful. (23)"
One of the many miracles and beauties of the Quran is the ease at which its memorized.

Indeed it is the greatest book...

It's one thing to memorise a book, it's another to understand what you have memorised.. This little girl is just as intelligent in Islamic matters as a Parrot. She can't stand in a debate on Quoranic matters.

Anyways, I am happy for your great book..

1 Like

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 13, 2013
Mad Cow:

It's one thing to memorise a book, it's another to understand what you have memorised.. This little girl is just as intelligent in Islamic matters as a Parrot. She can't stand in a debate on Quoranic matters.

Absolute Truth
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by usayab(m): 1:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
Islam is improving even much more than technology. Naija no de cary last!
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Asis(m): 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
Wow!!isn't this beautiful n wonderful?this great,hope it is true though..
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by sherfizle(m): 1:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
Mad Cow:

And who says she can't be one of the greatest islamic scholars in a few years with the rate at which she's going ? at least, she's got all the quranic verses in her head. she'll just need more time.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by gluv01(f): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2013
deols:

Learn how to use the word, 'can' properly. That you don't believe it doesn't mean it can not happen

Said it right!

1 Like

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by mkpikpub(m): 1:19pm On Feb 13, 2013
Her hard disk is full.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Symphony007: 1:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
Yeah, and my three years old niece is a neuroseugeon!!!! tongue
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Psylas(m): 1:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
FXKing2012: Why threatening that we stand to be banned if Islam is insulted? Atheists and Muslims attack Christianity and the Bible all the time on the religion board and they never get banned. So, now, it's ok to attack Christianity but not Islam. Hmnnn.....
since they can't kill you through here,
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by hollypagan: 1:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
thats rubb ish
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by buJu234: 1:38pm On Feb 13, 2013
This is to tell u that the average Nigerian northern kids (including the Alimajiris) are intelligent; but what they lack is the environment.

Please dear northern leaders; govt. senators; etc why not create a good academic environments for these kids??
I tell u the truth; they can b d future Isaac Newton; Faraday etc...

plz help them.

Let the north invest heavily on education; u can see how gifted this 3yrs old girl is
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by poj(m): 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2013
Mad Cow: She should try memorizing more useful books like her School books or Nelkon Physics textbook..

She just utilized over 90% of the memory card to memorize a book that adds no real value to either her life or that of society..

ur name truly tells much about u. Wont say more than that.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 1:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
Mad Cow: She should try memorizing more useful books like her School books or Nelkon Physics textbook..

She just utilized over 90% of the memory card to memorize a book that adds no real value to either her life or that of society..

the good thing is, if she can memorise the qur'an, she can learn anything else. I hope she would put that into good use
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 1:55pm On Feb 13, 2013
ehie007: My question is. What is the benefit of memorising the quran. does it guarantee straight ticket to heaven or paradise. whats the use in celebrating this,

I like people who are wise enough to ask questions.

why memorise?

The Qur'an has the quality of being the only book that has been passed down from generation to generation without any alteration. That is possible only because it is passed from mouth to mouth by memorisation.

It will still pass the test of time for the same reasons. If something happens and all of it get thrown into see water, the ones in our brains remain.

There are also benefits to it. The prophet says what means that anyone who memorises the Qur'an will help into aljannah 10 members of their family.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
deols:

The prophet says what means that anyone who memorises the Qur'an will help into aljannah 10 members of their family.

Really?

Thanks for the heads up!

Now I can continue to live my wayward life knowing that my cousin has secured my ticket to heaven.

cool

1 Like

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 13, 2013
Allah himself says in the glorious quran that he has made the 'Quran easy to memorise'
their is no book on earth as voluminous as quran that can be memorised word for word
Allah is One and none like him i will be yoir servant forever Monsha Allah
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 13, 2013
J12: I want to be banned, I will ensure that my post is offensive to Islam.

@OP
New Jihadist arrives
Jesus was himself a jihadist and love jihad Luke19,verse 27
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by ifihearam: 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
smh
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by ifihearam: 2:12pm On Feb 13, 2013
lekibraky:
Jesus was himself a jihadist and love jihad Luke19,verse 27

Na that you have said this i hope the mods ca allow me yarn abi ?

what are you people always afraid of sef?
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 2:16pm On Feb 13, 2013
Moukafoam:

Τhis post should even be in the Christian section because the end result fovours the Chriatians. The children according to the story are now CHRISTIANS

Or are you angry about the story? undecided

you don miss road o.

this child is not a christian wink
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by crackhouse(m): 2:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
Allah works in a mysterious way, may Allah be praised

1 Like

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 2:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
Mad Cow:

You don't have the gift of wisdom. How very unfortunate.

The child may not yet be able to guve a debate on Islamic affairs but defnitely has a better chance of doing so in the future.

memorising the Quran isnt the all in all but a very big step in the right direction.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Ilumire: 2:26pm On Feb 13, 2013
All, I think we first need to start appreciating ourselves as a Human being race tribe or country. The second thing we need is mutual respect for each other. It was reported one other time that a 2 or 3 year old preaches in a Church citing Biblical verses that even some youth or elder cannot recite talk alone recalling it off hand - This is a feat which needs to be celebrated not particularly about the religion but for a child of that age to do that easily. The issue of memorizing the whole Quran considering the numbers of chapters and verses its also a feat that is what celebrating, not because you are a muslim or not but because I am a Nigerian and I know what other things a child of such age can do.
If It had been Micheal Jackson song, what will you have said cheer the whole and present such in every singing competition Please let us learn to appreciate ourselves and we will do better as a country.

1 Like

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by deols(f): 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Really?

Thanks for the heads up!

Now I can continue to live my wayward life knowing that my cousin has secured my ticket to heaven.

cool

it doesnt work that way. people whose righteousness is only a little step away.
a cousin is too far away. what makes you think you are close enough.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by kennyfao(m): 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2013
This can be possible cos it happened to me too but in a different way. There is this small Muslim students gathering at the back of my house anytime they start this thier ALIF[ not sure of the spelling] thing i follow them with my mind now i can recite the whole ALIF to WASALAM without attending the gathering once.

3 Likes

Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by yomip3t(m): 3:06pm On Feb 13, 2013
kola oloye:
This is a lie of the century.
The memory capacity of a 'three old brain' is not enough to contain the whole book of Qur'an.

I know of somebody,late Sheik's son,who was able to achieve it in 8 years.

Try and be sure before u post comments. There's a video I have with me here , a 3yr old boy in one of those Golf countries... He reads Qur'an like that.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2013
Total brainwash

Poor girl sad
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by ezedolar: 3:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
She memorize quran at 3 let her no be a sucide bomber at 10
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by dhardline(m): 3:14pm On Feb 13, 2013
The Holy Bible is made up of 31,240 verses.if it takes you 30seconds to read each verse(which we know is impossible)then you will use a total of 264 uninterrupted hours to read it cover to cover,which is seven days straight with no breaks whatsoever.by judging from this statistics its either the quaran is so small that she had enough time to read and then reread it and then do a couple of times again before finally memorising it @3 or the story is just a heap of crap.
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by Bambela(m): 3:15pm On Feb 13, 2013
[center][/center][size=8pt][/size][sup][/sup][color=][/color]
mrlizo:

A three-year-old girl is amazing Nigeria after memorizing the whole Qur’an, becoming one of the youngest Muslims in the world to learn the Noble Book by heart.

“Honestly, I can’t say much but I am very grateful to Allah for this,” Sayyada Maimunatu Sheikh Dahiru, the girl’s mother, told our source on February 10.“This is indeed a blessing from Allah.”

Her daughter, Rukkayatu Fatahu Umar, has completed the memorization of the Noble Qur’an at the age of three year and eight months. The young Muslim girl began memorizing the Noble Book at an Islamic school founded by prominent Sheikh Dahiru Usman Bauchi. “We were using a big parlor, which was divided into classes for the learning of the Qur’an,” Maimunatu, who teaches at the school, said.

“At that time, I always carried her on my back while teaching. From there, she started reciting along with the students and before long, she had memorized some verses.

“That was how she started attending memorization class. Right now, she has completed memorizing the whole Qur’an,” the proud mother said. The Noble Qur’an is consisted of 114 Surah (chapters) of varying lengths. Going to the school between 7a.m. and 6p.m. daily, the young girl found little time to play with her peers.

“It is not as if she does not play with her mates. She does, especially with those who are memorizing the Qur’an like her,” Maimunatu said. “This makes it easier for them, as their focus and attention are directed towards achieving the same goal, which is memorizing the Qur’an.”

“As such, our daughter will have the opportunity of going to a proper school whenever she reaches the age of six.” The Muslim mother has paid tribute to her father for offering her child the chance to memorize the Qur’an at this young age. “I’m also grateful that I have a father like Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi, who planted my feet, like other people, on the path of Islam,” she said.
Your husband should go and learn quoran well well because Islam abhors civilization. If I may ask what does recitation of quoran add to the life of human being? You should be crying that the brain of your little girl has been washed.
http://www.newsinnigeria.org/2013/02/a-3-year-old-girl-amazes-nigeria-after-memorizing-the-whole-quran.html

mrlizo:

A three-year-old girl is amazing Nigeria after memorizing the whole Qur’an, becoming one of the youngest Muslims in the world to learn the Noble Book by heart.

“Honestly, I can’t say much but I am very grateful to Allah for this,” Sayyada Maimunatu Sheikh Dahiru, the girl’s mother, told our source on February 10.“This is indeed a blessing from Allah.”

Her daughter, Rukkayatu Fatahu Umar, has completed the memorization of the Noble Qur’an at the age of three year and eight months. The young Muslim girl began memorizing the Noble Book at an Islamic school founded by prominent Sheikh Dahiru Usman Bauchi. “We were using a big parlor, which was divided into classes for the learning of the Qur’an,” Maimunatu, who teaches at the school, said.

“At that time, I always carried her on my back while teaching. From there, she started reciting along with the students and before long, she had memorized some verses.

“That was how she started attending memorization class. Right now, she has completed memorizing the whole Qur’an,” the proud mother said. The Noble Qur’an is consisted of 114 Surah (chapters) of varying lengths. Going to the school between 7a.m. and 6p.m. daily, the young girl found little time to play with her peers.

“It is not as if she does not play with her mates. She does, especially with those who are memorizing the Qur’an like her,” Maimunatu said. “This makes it easier for them, as their focus and attention are directed towards achieving the same goal, which is memorizing the Qur’an.”

The young Muslim girl is now preparing to go to school soon, breaking a family tradition of sending girls to study at the age of ten. “My husband has, however, said that the world is changing now, and that there is civilization all over the place,” the mother, who herself memorized the whole Qur’an at the age of 12, said.

“As such, our daughter will have the opportunity of going to a proper school whenever she reaches the age of six.” The Muslim mother has paid tribute to her father for offering her child the chance to memorize the Qur’an at this young age. “I’m also grateful that I have a father like Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi, who planted my feet, like other people, on the path of Islam,” she said.

http://www.newsinnigeria.org/2013/02/a-3-year-old-girl-amazes-nigeria-after-memorizing-the-whole-quran.html
Re: A 3-year-old Nigerian Girl Memorizes The Quran by MadCow1: 3:20pm On Feb 13, 2013
deols:

You don't have the gift of wisdom. How very unfortunate.

The child may not yet be able to guve a debate on Islamic affairs but defnitely has a better chance of doing so in the future.

memorising the Quran isnt the all in all but a very big step in the right direction.

Lol..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“The Reasons For Divorce.” / Shortening The Prayer During A Journey / Can A Muslim Have a Wedding During Ramadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.